Colts working out RB Ridley today/Friday

Old Colt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

thank you for helping my argument. Addai was a really good back. he just never got the help he needed.

No. Addai was not a really good back. The Oline was good when he was good, he was poor when the oline was poor. Common denominator = Oline. Can't have it both ways sir..... 

Watching the replay of the Ravens game on Youtube.  Saw some encouraging things from Ferguson as well as some not so encouraging.  I think they will probably wait until after we see his performance against the Eagles before they make a move on Ridley  or whomever.  I do believe one will be made, but I still think there is a chance they'll keep Ferguson in some capacity.  Either on the regular roster or on the PS as I think things will eventually click for him..  Didn't think Turbin was bad overall.  Mistake here or there, he reminds me of a bigger Dominique Rhodes with his running style.  Somebody must have thought that too when they gave him the #33.  I think he'll be fine behind the starting OL.  If we bring in Ridley we should be alright as long as he's cleaned up the fumbles. He runs well in between the tackles as well as outside.  This is all assuming he's still got the same ability which I'm not 100 percent sure.  Trio of Gore, Turbin, and Ridley should work if he does. 

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

No. Addai was not a really good back. The Oline was good when he was good, he was poor when the oline was poor. Common denominator = Oline. Can't have it both ways sir..... 

he was more then a capable runner when given a hole, he was doing the stutter step before bell. he could catch out of the backfield and one of the best pass blockers in the league

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

he was more then a capable runner when given a hole, he was doing the stutter step before bell. he could catch out of the backfield and one of the best pass blockers in the league

Good blocker. Didn't have take it home speed or strength. Brown had a better yard per carry and rarely fumbled, yet he never gets the accolades Addai gets. Hated his dancing at the line.....but he was a lot better than TRich!!

14 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Sad state of affairs when we're grabbing players off the street before the season even starts.  

Every team brings players off the street at this time of the season. I can recall that Jeff Saturday was brought in off the street. I can also recall Kurt Warner was bagging groceries before the Rams brought him in. I am not saying there is one of those players out there but you wont know if you don't bring them in.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Every team brings players off the street at this time of the season. I can recall that Jeff Saturday was brought in off the street. I can also recall Kurt Warner was bagging groceries before the Rams brought him in. I am not saying there is one of those players out there but you wont know if you don't bring them in.

I didn't say the Colts were the only team to bring players off the street.  However, with the Colts it's more due to desperation than bringing in players in to see if they have anything left in the tank.  Others may disagree with me but I still think winning early made this regime a bit complacent making them think that they were only a player or two away from winning it all.  We still don't know if this o line will be good once the bullets start flying and we only have a group of rookies to back up the starting o line.  I'm just saying that there were a lot of question marks before all of these injuries but now we have exclamation points instead of question marks. 

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

I didn't say the Colts were the only team to bring players off the street.  However, with the Colts it's more due to desperation than bringing in players in to see if they have anything left in the tank.  Others may disagree with me but I still think winning early made this regime a bit complacent making them think that they were only a player or two away from winning it all.  We still don't know if this o line will be good once the bullets start flying and we only have a group of rookies to back up the starting o line.  I'm just saying that there were a lot of question marks before all of these injuries but now we have exclamation points instead of question marks. 

Our sad state of affairs as you call it is not a doom and gloom issue.

Winning early?  The old saying is your record is what and who you are still holds true. Every team in the NFL is a player or two away from being better than they are. That's why it is a never ending job for a GM to keep his eye out for that one player that might make the team better. Thus, it is why teams look at every player they think will help.

A player brought in don't have to be a starter or even a 2nd tier guy if he can play good on special teams.

Depth players are the key to winning games.

Grigson has never been one to leave any stone unturned as some say. Why should he change the train of thought?

I am pretty sure you know all this if you think about it?

On 8/26/2016 at 3:21 PM, Defjamz26 said:

When you neglect the RB position like we have, this is what happens. You have to kick the tires on people like Ridley. I'll take him over any RB we have not named Frank Gore though.

Don't know that the Colts have neglected the position per se, Griggson just isn't any good at finding the right talent there.  He tries and fails.