Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew's supporting cast

Footballlax31

Andrews supporting cast   

41 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think the rest of the colts team is

Offensively? 8 with a rebuilt line. Defensively? 4. Too many aging players with big roles and the young guys aren't developed enough to carry the defense.

Total? 5-6. Just because I personally value defense more than offense.

I got it at a 6. There's some positions where the team has a ton of talent, but the depth is in question (WR, CB etc). If we could remain fully healthy (which CLEARLY isn't gonna happen haha), it'd be higher. But for now, I think there is a great foundation, with the offense pretty much set at this point, allowing the team to go D heavy in the following draft(s).

Does the supporting cast refer only to the quality of the players themselves or are coaches included in that equation too? 

So this survey is just a snapshot frozen in time as it stands right now & nothing more? 

It's difficult not to project forward on guys like Kelly, Anderson, & Parry though. 

I went with a 7. I just wish l felt more confident of our running game right now. That's what worries me. 

12 hours ago, Footballlax31 said:

I been thinking about this for awhile and wanted to see what others thought... how good do you think the colts roster is around luck.

On a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being the best and 1 being the worse and 5 being average, what would you grade the roater around andrew

I will go 4. I think it's slightly Below Average/close to Average. We did play well at times with Hasselbeck last season but having said that when it counted he even lost to the Texans in Indy. Our O.Line should improve with Kelly and having more depth but it's Average at best and has played Below Average to Poor in most of Andrew's career. Our D.Line could be Good if it can stay healthy - Mathis upcoming year is a mystery on what impact he can provide, of course when Davis is healthy he is a Top 10 corner as well but our D has been up and down from week to week history wise in the Andrew era as well. I think Jackson is Good but overall our LBacking core is suspect. One week our Defense plays Good, then the next it plays Bad! Our SPTeams with Pat and Adam are Great so that helps my rating and TY and Moncrief are Good but we still have little to no run game, Gore is Average at this point in his career. I like this question because if it was asked of Russell Wilson, this would easily be an 8 overall, a 9 when Lynch was there because of him and that Defense they have had, add Wilson to that they were a 10 back in 2013 and 2014. If Andrew gets injured this season we are in deep trouble, it wont be 8-8 Average, Hass made a lot of that happen. It will be closer to 6-10. I think our Coaching staff has a lot to prove too, I do like Chud as I think he will be good for Andrew. 

-Bottomline we are a 4 without Andrew. Andrew makes us a 7. 7 is Good but not SB material.

Our OL is just not physical. The only thing positive from one half of preseason vs the Eagles is that we can use Josh Ferguson as the pass catching back, IMO. He has the quickness to get it done in the passing game. The downside is, he cannot pass protect well.

Dwayne Allen as an extra OL is just not working, I'd just split him out and force those aggressive LBs to cover instead of rush against our OL. I'd even go as far as use 3 WRs and 1 RB split out or 3 WRs and 1 TE split out all the time against aggressive Ds like the Eagles. If we are using Allen as the 6th OL, I'd go empty backfield and call plays to get it out of Andrew's hands fast.

I am not confident with 5 and 7 step drops materializing with this kind of OL performance this half. The Eagles' D is going to be a top 5 D in the league this year, IMO.

On 8/27/2016 at 2:10 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will go 4. I think it's slightly Below Average/close to Average. We did play well at times with Hasselbeck last season but having said that when it counted he even lost to the Texans in Indy. Our O.Line should improve with Kelly and having more depth but it's Average at best and has played Below Average to Poor in most of Andrew's career. Our D.Line could be Good if it can stay healthy - Mathis upcoming year is a mystery on what impact he can provide, of course when Davis is healthy he is a Top 10 corner as well but our D has been up and down from week to week history wise in the Andrew era as well. I think Jackson is Good but overall our LBacking core is suspect. One week our Defense plays Good, then the next it plays Bad! Our SPTeams with Pat and Adam are Great so that helps my rating and TY and Moncrief are Good but we still have little to no run game, Gore is Average at this point in his career. I like this question because if it was asked of Russell Wilson, this would easily be an 8 overall, a 9 when Lynch was there because of him and that Defense they have had, add Wilson to that they were a 10 back in 2013 and 2014. If Andrew gets injured this season we are in deep trouble, it wont be 8-8 Average, Hass made a lot of that happen. It will be closer to 6-10. I think our Coaching staff has a lot to prove too, I do like Chud as I think he will be good for Andrew. 

-Bottomline we are a 4 without Andrew. Andrew makes us a 7. 7 is Good but not SB material.

thats part of the reason I asked the question. Wilson has a whole ton of help from his defense, same with cam. The the comparisons between Wilson Newton and luck are kind of unfair because they don't take into account the rest of the team and what they have to do

On August 27, 2016 at 8:31 PM, chad72 said:

Our OL is just not physical. The only thing positive from one half of preseason vs the Eagles is that we can use Josh Ferguson as the pass catching back, IMO. He has the quickness to get it done in the passing game. The downside is, he cannot pass protect well.

Dwayne Allen as an extra OL is just not working, I'd just split him out and force those aggressive LBs to cover instead of rush against our OL. I'd even go as far as use 3 WRs and 1 RB split out or 3 WRs and 1 TE split out all the time against aggressive Ds like the Eagles. If we are using Allen as the 6th OL, I'd go empty backfield and call plays to get it out of Andrew's hands fast.

I am not confident with 5 and 7 step drops materializing with this kind of OL performance this half. The Eagles' D is going to be a top 5 D in the league this year, IMO.

Chad. I doubt ferguson makes the cuts.   Practice squad at best.  He's not that good and WAY over rated in this board. Much like most players on the Colts 

I think it's below average but that is counting the vets only.  We don't know how good any of these rookies will turn out to be, so it could be upgraded if some of them pan out.  I gave it a 4 overall, with the offense being better than the defense IMHO.  I think without Luck this team is well below .500.