Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trades

Luckynumber12

I don't anticipate any trades. I think we have some tough calls getting to 53. It would be difficult to upgrade CB or OLB for us at cuts. Not because we have great talent there but teams don't cut talent at those positions.

I could see an upgrade at TE3 or adding a veteran WR. We could do better than Butler at CB I think but that could be said from our roster IMO. If he stays I guess I'm missing something. 

26 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I don't anticipate any trades. I think we have some tough calls getting to 53. It would be difficult to upgrade CB or OLB for us at cuts. Not because we have great talent there but teams don't cut talent at those positions.

I could see an upgrade at TE3 or adding a veteran WR. We could do better than Butler at CB I think but that could be said from our roster IMO. If he stays I guess I'm missing something. 

What you'll be looking for at this time of year in terms of cuts is a guy with good measurables who maybe didn't perform well due to a bad scheme fit,  or a guy who did perform well, but was cut due to  an overload at the position.  I think there will be young guys available who fit in this regard at virtually every defensive position.  Just got to look a little bit and determine the fit.   I know Grigs is going to try and hit the well again after what he got in TY McGill.  

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

On the subject of Bad Scheme Fit guys here's one:

Nothing is in stone yet, but one young guy that is interesting to me is Ra'Shede Hageman from the Atlanta Falcons.  I remember a couple years back the Colts took a look at him during the draft process.  To me he's a better fit for a 3-4 defense instead of 4-3.  He's got good strength and it appears he has some quickness too because the Falcons moved him out to Defensive End this season.  I don't think the move to DE is going to work out for him to be honest.   He's got nice size at 6'6" 311lbs.  To me he's more of a 5 technique DE in a 3-4 front and can play some 3 technique from time to time.   I remember the Falcons had one of the better run defenses in the league last year.

Falcons' Ra'Shede Hageman could be headed to an end

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/20657/it-could-be-end-for-falcons-rashede-hageman-defensive-end

This article was written in May of this year.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

On the subject of Bad Scheme Fit guys here's one:

Nothing is in stone yet, but one young guy that is interesting to me is Ra'Shede Hageman from the Atlanta Falcons.  I remember a couple years back the Colts took a look at him during the draft process.  To me he's a better fit for a 3-4 defense instead of 4-3.  He's got good strength and it appears he has some quickness too because the Falcons moved him out to Defensive End this season.  I don't think the move to DE is going to work out for him to be honest.   He's got nice size at 6'6" 311lbs.  To me he's more of a 5 technique DE in a 3-4 front and can play some 3 technique from time to time.   I remember the Falcons had one of the better run defenses in the league last year.

Falcons' Ra'Shede Hageman could be headed to an end

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/20657/it-could-be-end-for-falcons-rashede-hageman-defensive-end

This article was written in May of this year.

I would imagine that Hageman is simply filling the run stopping DE role that Red Bryant used to in Seattle for the same scheme that Quinn brought with him.  That is the 2-gap side of the base D.

11 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

I would imagine that Hageman is simply filling the run stopping DE role that Red Bryant used to in Seattle for the same scheme that Quinn brought with him.  That is the 2-gap side of the base D.

Could be. Probably right.   I thought our pass rush was bad last year.  The Falcons really stunk, they only had 19 sacks for all of last year.  We say the Colts stunk and we ended with 35