Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players Ruled Out Week 3 includes 6 Cornerbacks!!!

Bluefire4

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/25/12645366/colts-will-be-without-six-cornerbacks-on-saturday-vs-eagles-patrick-robinson-antonio-cromartie

"This should come as no surprise, but the Indianapolis Colts will be severely limited at cornerback for Saturday’s preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Cornerbacks Jalil Brown, D’Joun Smith, Tevin Mitchel, Vontae Davis, Patrick Robinson, and Antonio Cromartie all won’t play. In other injury news, starting right tackle Joe Reitz is questionable with a back issue, while the other guys expected to miss the game - like Joe Haeg, Henry Anderson, Kendall Langford, and Sio Moore - obviously won’t play."

I guess we're starting Darius Butler and Tay Glover Wright in the dress rehearsal game. It also looks like LeRaven Clark will be starting tomorrow. I hope he has improved because he'll be out there blocking for the franchise this week...

56 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/25/12645366/colts-will-be-without-six-cornerbacks-on-saturday-vs-eagles-patrick-robinson-antonio-cromartie

"This should come as no surprise, but the Indianapolis Colts will be severely limited at cornerback for Saturday’s preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Cornerbacks Jalil Brown, D’Joun Smith, Tevin Mitchel, Vontae Davis, Patrick Robinson, and Antonio Cromartie all won’t play. In other injury news, starting right tackle Joe Reitz is questionable with a back issue, while the other guys expected to miss the game - like Joe Haeg, Henry Anderson, Kendall Langford, and Sio Moore - obviously won’t play."

I guess we're starting Darius Butler and Tay Glover Wright in the dress rehearsal game. It also looks like LeRaven Clark will be starting tomorrow. I hope he has improved because he'll be out there blocking for the franchise this week...

Glover Wright still has a job why he blows.

29 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I wonder what the collective name is for a bunch of corner backs? A gaggle? A throttle? A backfield....that's it.....!

Well, they are Colts so it would either be a Rake of CBs or a Rag of CBs.  Since they are all injured I think Rag of CBs would be appropriate.

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

Okay see you just freaked me out because you made it look like we had a ton of CBs out till at least weeks 3 TO 6. haha

Nah but for real. We're probably gonna get killed on Saturday

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Poor title.

1 hour ago, jchandler7 said:

Our corner back situation is scary enough as is, you didnt have to scare us even worse with that thread title...geesh...jk.

15 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I thought the title said we have 3 cornerbacks ruled out for 6 weeks. 

Edited the title haha

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

What the hell happened at practice this week for all these guys to be injured?

I'm convinced there's something in Indy's water.  I read a piece several years ago (during the later Polian years) that Indy was among the league's top teams in terms of games lost to injury.  You'd think a new coaching staff, new training staff, new strength and conditioning staff, etc. would change that, but it feels like the injury bug has a thing for Colts

Well at least we'll get to see how the back-ups to our back-ups do against Philly's first stringers. I hated the TJ Green pick more than just about any in the Grigson era, but by most accounts he's done well throughout camp and I'd love to be wrong. I hope he gets to line up at corner a little bit. 

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/2015-adjusted-games-lost

Turns out our injury situation was middle of the pack last year, but it was awful in 2014.

We have a new strength and conditioning coach (who many blamed for the problems in the past). So I wonder what really is going on? Are players being asked to give 110%? Newsflash: They can't without injury.

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

We have a new strength and conditioning coach (who many blamed for the problems in the past). So I wonder what really is going on? Are players being asked to give 110%? Newsflash: They can't without injury.

Will Carroll seems to think it might have something to do with the field at Lucas Oil.  Claims it's the hardest in the league and the turf is overly sticky.  Dunno if there is any truth to it.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Will Carroll seems to think it might have something to do with the field at Lucas Oil.  Claims it's the hardest in the league and the turf is overly sticky.  Dunno if there is any truth to it.

That's interesting and might have somthing to it, but do we have the same turf on the practice field though? It seems like more people get hurt in practice than the games.

I'm not overly worried.  (injury bug yes,..but not that we have them right now).

This is a blessing ...kind of.

Let all 2 of the healthy back-ups play...lol

anyone not hurt that can play will learn something.

Who knows...might find someone decent.

But most of these injuries we have right now are all listed to be back by week4.  So if we can cut back on them until then, get these guys healthy, we'll have a whole new and improved defense by week 4.  So team can sit down and watch the game films of what we did defensively vrs. the Lions, and game plan accordingly,...only to have healthy Langfords, Andersons, Davis', Geathers, Robinson's, ect to deal with :hat:

15 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I was hoping Monachino would end Butler's days as a Colt. This will be a chance for Glover-Wright to show what he can do potentially helping Monachino with that decision. If Philly ever tires of throwing it at Butler.

It should also mean extended time for a lot of our UDFA CB's. Winston Rose is one I had high hopes for coming into camp. At 6' 180lbs from New Mexico St. The Rams clocked him at 4.38 in the 40. His pro day numbers would have put him in the top group of nearly each event. He has the speed and agility you look for in a CB.  He should get the opportunity to play his way past first cuts. I had higher hopes coming to camp. 

I am a little concerned about Clark out there at RT. I didn't see Thorton's name in the article do we see his first action? 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

I was hoping Monachino would end Butler's days as a Colt. This will be a chance for Glover-Wright to show what he can do potentially helping Monachino with that decision. If Philly ever tires of throwing it at Butler.

It should also mean extended time for a lot of our UDFA CB's. Winston Rose is one I had high hopes for coming into camp. At 6' 180lbs from New Mexico St. The Rams clocked him at 4.38 in the 40. His pro day numbers would have put him in the top group of nearly each event. He has the speed and agility you look for in a CB.  He should get the opportunity to play his way past first cuts. I had higher hopes coming to camp. 

I am a little concerned about Clark out there at RT. I didn't see Thorton's name in the article do we see his first action? 

I'm really hoping we amp up the run game this week.  I don't feel too comfortable about Clark blocking for Luck in the passing game for an entire half.  Think Clark will be a good player in time, but he's still kind of putting things together.

11 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Well damn.. I thought week 3 was pretty obviously talking about the next game. Don't know how you guys thought any different.

Yeah it's talking about the next Pre Season game.  Not week 3 of the regular season.

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

Probably picked up an ankle injury in the Baltimore game as well.  Not sure, but I don't care if they sit all the defensive starters in this game to be honest.  Our numbers are getting low.

yeah...after this preseason game the defensive starters may look something like this : 

Nt: Yuka

DE: Sarah

DT: Sammy

ROLB: Sable

ILB: Megan

MLB: Mary Kate

LOLB: Mallory

CB1: Lexie

CB2: Leanna

SS: Kuyhla

FS: Kaiti

(for those not understanding, that's a small list of some of the Colts cheerleaders....)

17 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Well at least we'll get to see how the back-ups to our back-ups do against Philly's first stringers. I hated the TJ Green pick more than just about any in the Grigson era, but by most accounts he's done well throughout camp and I'd love to be wrong. I hope he gets to line up at corner a little bit. 

I still don't understand why everyone was so salty about the Green pick. With those first 2 picks, we got 2 guys that played in the National Championship game. What's not to like?

8 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I still don't understand why everyone was so salty about the Green pick. With those first 2 picks, we got 2 guys that played in the National Championship game. What's not to like?

Nothing wrong with the picks, but playing in a national title doesn't mean anything.  So did Chapman...

8 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Just didn't like him based on what I read. I think he had a terrible QB rating against him and is incredibly raw. Not where I would have personally went with a second round pick. I hope to be wrong. 

On 8/26/2016 at 0:27 AM, AZColt11 said:

Should be interesting.  Wouldn't overreact too much to the Eagle's torching our DB's BUT I'm sure some probably will.  Oh well.

It's the Eagles though so they might still blow it.

5 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Just didn't like him based on what I read. I think he had a terrible QB rating against him and is incredibly raw. Not where I would have personally went with a second round pick. I hope to be wrong. 

I liked the pick but I am big on guys that have speed. Cant teach speed and that guy is lightning fast! I liked the Dorsett pick the year before as well because of his speed.