Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne joining NFL Network

RockThatBlue

Just don't get too cozy with 'Prime Time' Deion Sanders or Micheal Irvin 'The Player' Reggie because those 2 clowns slam INDY & the whole AFC South every chance they get. Be sure to let both gentlemen know that our division isn't the butt of their jokes anymore. 

Don't play nice Reggie. Call those fools out whenever they say something stupid because I would every chance they put their darn foot in their mouths. 

Happy for ya #87. I think you'll be a decent analyst with a nice speaking voice too. 

If you say nice things about Houston & other AFC South foes I'm cool with it even if you think INDY's defense is suspect or weak. Just be fair Reggie. That's all I ask. What's fair mean? Brutally honest 24/7. I know it's not easy going from a beloved, soon to be HOF WR. Look in TV, I know the gimmick is say controversial stuff to generate ratings, but just remember, solid analysis with no sugarcoating builds a loyal following over time. 

If you think Houston is better than INDY defensively say it. Just elaborate on why you think what you think. And if we miss the playoffs or don't go far this season, that's okay in the sense that we can't afford to be complacent or think that INDY can't be taken down in a given yr. Humility thru stumbling blocks can only make us stronger. 

The transition from a locker room icon to a critical TV personality is more difficult to pull off than it sounds at 1st blush, but I'm confident you'll master this transformation smoothly eventually. I can deal with 'homer' biases as long as you acknowledge them upfront. As a matter of fact, biases are dealt with better once you admit their presence &, if channeled right, they increase your objectivity rather than diminish it in my experience. 

16 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Well to be fair, he does have a reason to be mad, what with the trade and all. I hope Reggie slams him though 

Yeah, I'm just glad we will have a nice rep on there now. He might be the only one that will like us, but one is better than none haha

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

If you say nice things about Houston & other AFC South foes I'm cool with it even if you think INDY's defense is suspect or weak. Just be fair Reggie. That's all I ask. What's fair mean? Brutally honest 24/7. I know it's not easy going from a beloved, soon to be HOF WR. Look in TV, I know the gimmick is say controversial stuff to generate ratings, but just remember, solid analysis with no sugarcoating builds a loyal following over time. 

If you think Houston is better than INDY defensively say it. Just elaborate on why you think what you think. And if we miss the playoffs or don't go far this season, that's okay in the sense that we can't afford to be complacent or think that INDY can't be taken down in a given yr. Humility thru stumbling blocks can only make us stronger. 

The transition from a locker room icon to a critical TV personality is more difficult to pull off than it sounds at 1st blush, but I'm confident you'll master this transformation smoothly eventually. I can deal with 'homer' biases as long as you acknowledge them upfront. As a matter of fact, biases are dealt with better once you admit their presence &, if channeled right, they increase your objectivity rather than diminish it in my experience. 

Honestly I kind of hope Wayne will be biased. With all the hate the Colts get on NFL Network, I hope he pumps us up all the time. Kind of like how Rodney Harrison pumps up the pats on NBC, I hope Wayne will be like that on NFL Network 

40 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Honestly I kind of hope Wayne will be biased. With all the hate the Colts get on NFL Network, I hope he pumps us up all the time. Kind of like how Rodney Harrison pumps up the pats on NBC, I hope Wayne will be like that on NFL Network 

I get what you're saying RTB & to be frank, there's nothing I'd love to see more then to have Reggie rip Deion Sanders a new one since his condescending smugness always rubs me the wrong way & royally ticks me off. I just deplore his over the top bravado. I find this quality charming in Rex Ryan but I wanna smack #21 hard every time his belittling comments rear their ugly head. Marshall Faulk is much more fair & balanced than Deion ever is. 

The one I always have a crisis of conscious over is analyst Shaun O'Hara because I love the NY Giants lineman because he's very funny & great at breaking down plays, but he always slams the Colts line on TV for as long as I can remember. He's not malicious; I just don't think our o-line is as horrific as he likes to claim that it is on a frequent basis. 

Getting back to Wayne, I agree you should never forget where you came from & a bias for the Colts is fine as long as Reggie can admit what our true vulnerabilities are because you never get better as a team burying your head in the sand pretending your weaknesses don't exist. Reggie knows this. 

I just like the Rod Woodson school of reporting/approach I guess where you are confident in your experience, do your own thing, don't let other personalties manipulate your POV, & you basically ignore all the twitter social media crap out there. I hope Wayne follows this model of broadcasting protocol & JJ Watt too when he's done playing ferocious, pass rusher too. 

Yeah I know, Mr. 99 reasons is on Twitter & FaceBook, which is alright since he always handles himself the right way. Keep plugging away at rehab JJ. Love ya man! The league ain't the same without ya...Heal fast okay? Just kidding! 

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yea, I was going to say that too, because Tony Dungy sure as hell doesn't. He is the most non-bias nicest guy ever, and I can tell he lets Rodney push him around because of it.

Had to laugh off what he said about Josh Norman.  He said "Do I see a guy that's a top 5 cornerback?  I do not!"  He said I see a guy that is scorned and starting to talk a little too much.  He's not behind that awesome front from Carolina anymore.  You're in Washington now, they are not as good and you're going to have a bullseye on your back so you better back up the talk.

That's great news! Really happy for him!!! I wasn't thrilled when he joined the Patriots last year....(I know, I know, I let my patriots hate get the best of me, although I'm glad it didn't work out:rock:) Good luck on your new career Reggie!!!!!

8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I do too because not 1 person on that network ever has anything good to say about the Colts except for maybe Faulk but he played for us. It was like that when Peyton was here too. Now we have a talking head finally and a great one at that. These networks seem to hire a bunch of ex-Patriots so glad to see Reggie aboard. I want to see he and Heath Evans go at it with his stupid 6-10 prediction. Only way we go less than 9-7 is if Andrew gets injured.

1 hour ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

That's great news! Really happy for him!!! I wasn't thrilled when he joined the Patriots last year....(I know, I know, I let my patriots hate get the best of me, although I'm glad it didn't work out:rock:) Good luck on your new career Reggie!!!!!

Once Reggie was in that cheating stink for a week, he decided to officially retire haha as that was it!

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

I hope to god the first question they ask on air is to give his opinion on our 6-10 prediction and he roasts health evans

This. I can't wait to see him rip that Patriots homer. I hope he calls him out for just being a fullback or asks him how many pro bowls he's been too. 

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

I hope to god the first question they ask on air is to give his opinion on our 6-10 prediction and he roasts health evans

NFL Network: what do you think about Heath Evans prediction for,your Colts?

Reggie: who the hell Heath Evans?

11 hours ago, krunk said:

Had to laugh off what he said about Josh Norman.  He said "Do I see a guy that's a top 5 cornerback?  I do not!"  He said I see a guy that is scorned and starting to talk a little too much.  He's not behind that awesome front from Carolina anymore.  You're in Washington now, they are not as good and you're going to have a bullseye on your back so you better back up the talk.

I don't mind a guy having confidence but he has became terribly annoying. He has one good year and acts like hes the greatest ever. I hope Odell destroys him both times they play. Someone needs to shut him up!

I roared with laughter when NFL Network showed a picture of Brady's thumb injury that was barely a scratch & you could hear Reggie say "Looks painful" [sarcastically] in the background. 

Wayne even excels at free lance, off the cuff comedy man. Nice.