• 12-4
    • 13-3
    • 14-2
    • 15-1
    • 16-0
  2. 2. How Far in the Playoffs?

• Not make playoffs
    • Lose in Wildcard
    • Lose in Divisional Round (First Round Bye)
    • Lose in Divisional Round (Wildcard)
    • Lose in Conference Championship (First Round Bye)
    • Lose in Conference Championship (Wildcard)
    • Lose in Super Bowl (First Round Bye)
    • Lose in Super Bowl (Wildcard)
    • Win Super Bowl (First Round Bye)
    • Win Super Bowl (Wildcard)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

What the title says...

Please be realistic.

I tried to be realistic at 9-7, but most fans will call me a pessimist. There are still some "structural issues" that have me concerned. Every team has injuries, but it remains to be seen how the Colts will respond, as a team, to injuries. We'll see.

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

I tried to be realistic at 9-7, but most fans will call me a pessimist. There are still some "structural issues" that have me concerned. Every team has injuries, but it remains to be seen how the Colts will respond, as a team, to injuries. We'll see.

9-7 isn't really pessimist. I only have us going 10-6 and I am GHF.

46 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

I agree with you at 9-7 I don't see where the defense is going to help us get anywhere though I think that is top priority next years draft.

35 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I agree with you at 9-7 I don't see where the defense is going to help us get anywhere though I think that is top priority next years draft.

I see no reason why the defense won't be a good unit.   None other than injury

32 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

The pass rush and secondary really worries me. I have them going 9-7 and losing in the wild card round. Until they can get fully healthy in their secondary, the will struggle to stop offenses. 

You don't even know where the pass rush is at. Everything is so basic in the preseason.  It's just hard to tell.  The Jets had the number one defense in the league a couple years ago under Rex Ryan and Pettine and the top sacker on that team had 8 sacks total.  Everything else they did was through the blitz and other avenues. I'm going to see what Monachino does with his pressure packages, stunts, twists and everything else before I say we can't pressure the QB.  Plus I like Okine and Maggitt to go along with Mathis and Cole. We've also got linebackers that are more than adequate at blitzing.  I'm not conceding that we can't pressure the QB.  I believe we can.

13 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Dude we have no pass rush against a backup offense even the starting defense didn't really get to the QB I hope its decent I'm just not counting on it.

All of our D lineman were backups and not starters.  I don't recall seeing mathis out there. Did you?   Did you see Vontae Davis or Patrick Robinson in the game?  No we saw Tay Glover Wright and Darius White.  Did you see Sio Moore in the Game? No.  Lot of guys not playing and no scheming. Just base defense but you want us to treat things like it was a regular season game and we had all the starters out there?  Why?

The schedule is manageable, honestly my litmus test for success is how much room for error a team has to win and how I feel our offense and defense will intertwine I feel 16-0 is possible.

16-0 is a tall order due to injury/attrition but our main deterrents being @GB, PIT, and our late season game @OAK.

Ofcourse the season allows for surprise teams but through looking at the every team capable I expect 10/11 wins, with some breaks here and there 12/13 but pending relatively uniform play 16 wins isn't a stretch (due to schedule and consistent play from our offense)

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

You don't even know where the pass rush is at. Everything is so basic in the preseason.  It's just hard to tell.  The Jets had the number one defense in the league a couple years ago under Rex Ryan and Pettine and the top sacker on that team had 8 sacks total.  Everything else they did was through the blitz and other avenues. I'm going to see what Monachino does with his pressure packages, stunts, twists and everything else before I say we can't pressure the QB.  Plus I like Okine and Maggitt to go along with Mathis and Cole. We've also got linebackers that are more than adequate at blitzing.  I'm not conceding that we can't pressure the QB.  I believe we can.

^ THIS

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we go 10-6 and make the AFC Title game as a 4th Seed. We don't have the Defense to make the SB but Andrew will have a nice bounce back season and we will win the Division.

Ha!  That's exactly what I picked and for the same reason.  Defense wins Championship Games and the Super Bowl.. but Luck's sheer talent can get us close.  Perhaps one more quality draft and a couple solid FA's to fill needs so we have veterans mixed with rookies and we'll be there and the monster will be built.  But we only go as far as a healthy Luck can take us.  I think we'll have to win some close games but Luck has been clutch his entire career.  I also hope Vinatieri can keep it together and kick clutch field goals, I worry a little he may fade out on us and at least 2-3 games will come down to a field goal make or miss.  

6 hours ago, CoachLite said:

9-7 isn't unreasonable at all.  I voted 10-6 and a Championship game appearance... it is easy to see how one more loss could change it all and on any given Sunday is not just a saying, it really happens.  

1 minute ago, JPFolks said:

Ha!  That's exactly what I picked and for the same reason.  Defense wins Championship Games and the Super Bowl.. but Luck's sheer talent can get us close.  Perhaps one more quality draft and a couple solid FA's to fill needs so we have veterans mixed with rookies and we'll be there and the monster will be built.  But we only go as far as a healthy Luck can take us.  I think we'll have to win some close games but Luck has been clutch his entire career.  I also hope Vinatieri can keep it together and kick clutch field goals, I worry a little he may fade out on us and at least 2-3 games will come down to a field goal make or miss.  

Yeah I can definitely see a scenario where we win several close games because of Andrew and Vinny winning a couple of games with a FG. Once we get in the Playoffs the pressure will really be off because teams like the Patriots and Steelers will be favored so I think if healthy we could upset a team or 2 and go far. We just don't have a Championship Defense yet unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I guessed 11-5... mainly because no one else picked it.

Win the SB, wildcard.  Why not, if I'm going to play a guessing game I'm going to guess positive.

I think if we somehow made it to the SB, that Luck, even with  shaky D, might be able to will us to a win.  I could see us getting down early, the other team thinking they have it and then Luck roaring back like he did against KC.  It could be akin to Manning beating the Patriots who were up 21-3 at half.  The Steelers look amazing on paper, but their suspensions and injury history could see them falter.  NE's start to the season may be key to them missing home field advantage and if you get them out of Foxborough, they can be beat.  We nearly had them here last year losing by only a TD when we had some terrible play calls (the infamous fake punt anyone?).  I think the coaches learned by fire last year, so something amazing could happen.  I think the Colts could easily be the third most likely AFC team to make it.  Let's just hope we're done with the injury bug, perhaps we can pass it on to one of the other challengers.  

I picked 11-5, because well, that seemed to be our lucky number in Luck's 1st 3 years  LOL.

I feel we take back the division and make it to the playoffs.  HOw far we advance there is anyone's guess. I think we at least make it to the divisional round,  If we can avoid the injury bug any further, then anything is possible !!

with that said, GOOOOO Colts !!!

36 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

6-10. 8-8 at best.

You truly believe that BF4 after Luck was actually given a real pocket vs the Ravens? Ouch...

Okay sure, our running game wasn't exactly marvelous but, can't you at least flip those numbers in the regular season? Our division competition didn't exactly just leap over us with outstanding athleticism IMO. 

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I guessed 11-5... mainly because no one else picked it.

Win the SB, wildcard.  Why not, if I'm going to play a guessing game I'm going to guess positive.

How would you know no one else picked 11-5 CD, since you can't see the poll results until after a person makes their selections & clicks submit? That's impossible. Huh? 

14 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You truly believe that BF4 after Luck was actually given a real pocket vs the Ravens? Ouch...

Okay sure, our running game wasn't exactly marvelous but, can't you at least flip those numbers in the regular season? Our division competition didn't exactly just leap over us with outstanding athleticism IMO. 

Just my opinion.  One preseason game doesn't make our offensive line dominant. I don't have faith in the line, our entire defense is shaky and I'm worried about injuries. 

7-9

They will struggle right out the gate as they did last year, then win some games before getting blown to pieces by far superior teams (Houston, Pittsburgh). Luck will have a tough time like the previous year, running the same one dimensional passing attack with no run game to help him out. There will be some ugly games where the deep balls don't work and the blitzes will be heavy like last year. The defense looks even worse, and nothing was done during the off season to improve on that side of the ball. 

Houston has it made this year to win the division even if it's at 9-7 again. They're the only team in the AFC South that has a defense built to stop points from going up on the board and give quarterbacks a hard time. This could finally be the year they sweep the Colts, considering that they did win in Indy last year. 

8 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just my opinion.  One preseason game doesn't make our offensive line dominant. I don't have faith in the line, our entire defense is shaky and I'm worried about injuries. 

No, you're right it doesn't. However, when we examine previous seasons under Luck's tenure where the pocket  just imploded forcing Andrew to get yardage on the move with his feet, it's nice to see Luck be able to climb the pocket & have room to operate at least even in the Preseason. 

Our defense is a work in progress that left a lot to be desired. No argument there BF4. 

3 minutes ago, Bogie said:

7-9

They will struggle right out the gate as they did last year, then win some games before getting blown to pieces by far superior teams (Houston, Pittsburgh). Luck will have a tough time like the previous year, running the same one dimensional passing attack with no run game to help him out. There will be some ugly games where the deep balls don't work and the blitzes will be heavy like last year. The defense looks even worse, and nothing was done during the off season to improve on that side of the ball. 

Houston has it made this year to win the division even if it's at 9-7 again. They're the only team in the AFC South that has a defense built to stop points from going up on the board and give quarterbacks a hard time. This could finally be the year they sweep the Colts, considering that they did win in Indy last year. 

Well that settles it.....Colts win the division and the Mexicans finish last.

I'm expecting 9-7 at best...but 8-8 or even 7-9 wouldn't surprise me either.   No playoffs for us  as I think the team's defensive deficiencies and our offense's propensity for shooting itself in the foot with stupid penalties will be enough to neutralize any perceived advantages we have on the offensive side of the ball.  I don't see this Colts team faring any better against Pittsburgh or any elite offensive team.  Defense still will be suspect and vulnerable to well balanced offensive attacks led by competent to good QB's and a solid running game.  Those type of offenses will name their score against us...some weeks Luck will keep pace other weeks such as Steelers' week...it will just be way too much to overcome.