Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Packers Preseason Hall Of Fame Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans!   :)  NFL Football is finally  back on the playing field tonight as both our Indianapolis Colts play the Green Bay Packers in the annual Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game  at  Canton, Ohio.  Both the Colts and Packers also lead off the 2016 NFL Preseason schedule, and the long 2016 NFL season for the next six months, concluding with Super Bowl LI  at Houston in February.

Both Indianapolis And Green Bay lost their games when each team played the PFHOF Game in Canton Ohio.  Colts are appearing in their first Hall Of Fame Game in nine years, since the Washington Redskins defeated Indianapolis 30-16 at Canton, back on August 3, 2008.  Packers are also appearing in the HOF Game for the first time in 13 years, since the Kansas City Chiefs won in a 9-0 shutout back on August 4, 2003.

Prior to tonight and after four games, the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts HOF exibition record stands at 2 wins and 2 losses at .500, while the Green Bay Packers record is 1 win. 2 losses, and 1 tie.

ESPN is televising the Pro Football Hall Of Game with coverage beginning at 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

Mostly cloudy skies at 83 degrees is the game forecast for the 8:05PM kickoff at the Tom Benson Hall Of Fame Stadium in Canton. Ohio.

NO injuries, we will see the Colts and Packers 2016 NFL Draft choices for the first time in game action on the playing field, along with the veterans free agents signed by both the Colts and Packers.  GO COLTS!!!!!    :rock::cheer: :coltslogo:  :1colts: :colts:  :coltslogo:

Colts Vs. Packers 2016 NFL Hall Of Fame Game Preview, Game Tracker, and Colts 2016 Team Depth Chart:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Release-2016-Depth-Chart/3a99110a-d823-415a-830d-a4030dcff382

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000680693/article/what-to-watch-for-in-packers-colts-hof-game

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016080751/2016/PRE0/packers@colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

2 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

What a day! It's finally here! I have the Big Green Egg fired up, about to throw on some potatoes for later and spatchcock chicken! 

IT'S GAME DAY! 

GO COLTS! 

Sounds good man! I'm definitely gonna fire the grill up in a little while myself. Today is like a holiday lol

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Good Lord......how many games a year do they have there???

....postpone it until to Monday..that's a good idea...CBE!

..some folks do have to go home, though

Yeah that would stink for the people there right now that is for sure. I don't want anyone getting injured either. I have never heard of or seen anything like this.

47 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Some heads are gunna roll.  I would hate to be on the paint crew.  NFL hates to start the season with a black eye but wow....just like Randy Moss said,,,, there are no excuses for what happened.

There really aren't.

They have all summer to get ready for this weekend.......

....new construction..new field?  OK

But then why not get the field ready last weekend before all the events?

.....I;m guessing there's a little more to this than what we've heard

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

There really aren't.

They have all summer to get ready for this weekend.......

....new construction..new field?  OK

But then why not get the field ready last weekend before all the events?

.....I;m guessing there's a little more to this than what we've heard

Indeed, Indeed.  The refund line at the hall of fame is going to explode, causing a massive black-out.

19 hours ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Better to be safe than sorry for our Colts players and the coaching staff to play in the HOF Game. PFHOF Game is officially cancelled because of the paint above, and the rubber pellets suportting the turf beneath the playing surface.  Player safety and personal well being is paramount and the top priority throughout the(ir) NFL season.

If there is a compromise, both the Colts and Packers each can prepare for Buffalo and Cleveland respectfully in the first official weekend of the preseason schedule on Friday and Saturday.  Both Indianapolis and Green Bay are each playing four scheduled preseason games with the rest of the NFL teams.

None of the Colts and Packers players avoided potential injuries, and both teams may be both disappointed, but relieved that the HOF was cancelled to prevent further, and even career-ending injury.

Now our Indianapolis Colts can go back and continue their training camp, and prepare for their road game with the Buffalo Bills at Orchard Park, New York.  Thanks for participating though despite the cancelled Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game because of both player safety and the playing conditions.

Enjoy your week in the meantime, we will see you back here on Saturday Night as our Colts will battle the Buffalo Bills, and we should finally see our first look of the rookies drafted in the 2016 NFL Draft, and the signed free agents acquired during this past offseason.

We will see you back here at the Colts Fan Forum Message Board, both here on the Game Day Thread, and on the  live chat, for and during the Colts/Bills preseason game, and GO COLTS!!!!  :)   :coltslogo:  :1colts:   :colts: :helmet:     :coltslogo: