Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day three thread (First day of pads)

Everyone

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Truesdell- 6 ft 7 in  240 lb

American football wide receiver for the Portland Steel of the Arena Football League (AFL). He was signed by the Colorado Ice as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He played college football at the University of Cincinnati before transferring to Grand Rapids Community College.[

1 hour ago, Everyone said:

Not camp stuff but I'm excited about the Colts WR trio. 

Failure to go with a 3-WR set is not on Pep.

Did we have 3 great WR's in 13 or 14 or 15?        We do now,  but we haven't always.

Plus,  there's nothing wrong with 2 TE sets.        That's not what did Pep in either.

Pep had plenty of issues.....    but he certainly wasn't helped by a poor OL,  a poor group of RB's,  and receivers who had a bad case of the drops.       Not everything that went wrong was Pep's fault.     Remember, his first year,  Luck cut his interceptions from 16 to 9,  and Pep's 2nd year, Luck boosted his TD passes from 23 to 40, which led the NFL.  

Pep being a terrible OC is very popular here.     The only problem is,  it's not true.

He wasn't terrible.      He just wasn't good enough.     

11 minutes ago, Everyone said:

I only shared that because of the attached article about Colt's utilizing 3 WR sets.  I didn't intend to bash Pep, sorry.

No worries.....     you're free to bash him.      Hey, I called for him to be fired after week 2 last year!    That was the Monday night loss to the Jets.      So, I've got plenty of bad things to say about him.

I just try to offer some perspective on the guy.      He's a hot button for a number of posters so I try to write for all readers....

Hope I didn't give you too much grief.....     was not my intention....         :peek:

40 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Not really sure how Andre makes sense for Tennessee. You'd think they would be more focused on developing DGB both from a talent and chemistry perspective with Mariota. 

Veteran presence in a young & talented WR group.  He won't bring them much in terms of production, but I bet the lessons TY received from Wayne were invaluable for his maturation.

1 minute ago, wig said:

Veteran presence in a young & talented WR group.  He won't bring them much in terms of production, but I bet the lessons TY received from Wayne were invaluable for his maturation.

Reggie still had a little something in the tank when TY arrived in 2012, AJ's situation in TEN is a little different. I think Johnson is going to have to fight very hard just to make the roster.

I do like that they absorbed some of the $2.5mil that we owe Johnson though, that was mighty nice of them.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Reggie still had a little something in the tank when TY arrived in 2012, AJ's situation in TEN is a little different. I think Johnson is going to have to fight very hard just to make the roster.

I do like that they absorbed some of the $2.5mil that we owe Johnson though, that was mighty nice of them.

No doubt that Reggie had more in him than Andre does.  Just thinking of the mentorship aspect and how he can potentially add value outside of his on-the-field play.  I'm guessing they wouldn't have signed him based on what he'll produce.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm not sure about that. The guaranteed money from the Colts was a roster bonus, not salary. For salary cap purposes, they're the same, but for offsets, I'm not sure. I've looked around and never found a satisfying answer.

Personally I still think Andre can play.  He's more of a possession guy at this point I think.  There were many points of last year where I felt he was open and the ball wasn't thrown,  if thrown to it was thrown poorly or I felt he wasn't always used properly.  He did have a case of the drops in some spots, but overall I felt he could play the possession role.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him do better in Tennessee.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not sure about that. The guaranteed money from the Colts was a roster bonus, not salary. For salary cap purposes, they're the same, but for offsets, I'm not sure. I've looked around and never found a satisfying answer.

This is what I saw...

56 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Nick Truesdell- 6 ft 7 in  240 lb

American football wide receiver for the Portland Steel of the Arena Football League (AFL). He was signed by the Colorado Ice as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He played college football at the University of Cincinnati before transferring to Grand Rapids Community College.[

I didn't see exactly what his 40 time is, but from some of the commentary I read on the net it seems he can really run for his size.  Man I hate we waived Mike Miller, whatever injury he had it appears it will take longer to heal than what we can be patient with I guess.