Training camp day two thread

Everyone

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are they making fans stay in the bleachers after practice to get autographs? I know last year after practice was over, you were allowed to get out of the bleachers and go down to the rope area to get autographs. Can anyone that's been to camp this year answer these questions. Thanks!

1 hour ago, jchandler7 said:

Interesting, i also live near the ohio river. 20 mins form KY and 40 mins from OH. Im from Switzerland County, where do you live GoColtsWin? If you don't mind me asking.

Hey guys!  Louisville season ticket member here!

Good to hear Trent Cole had a nice day. He's (in my opinion) the X factor for the defense (or at least very important). I don't doubt that Mathis will have a great year, but if Cole can apply some pressure and pick up a decent number of sacks (say 6 + at least) that could help out the entire defense as a whole.

I love all the screen passes I've heard about.  It sounds exactly like what we used to see when Chudzinski was with San Diego with Sproles, Michael Turner, and Ladanian Tomlinson.  They'd hit you with that RB screen pass in a minute.  I remember Sproles taking one to the house on us in that playoff game in the RCA Dome.  I would really love to be a good screen team because we flat out sucked at it under Pep Hamilton.

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

I love all the screen passes I've heard about.  It sounds exactly like what we used to see when Chudzinski was with San Diego with Sproles, Michael Turner, and Ladanian Tomlinson.  They'd hit you with that RB screen pass in a minute.  I remember Sproles taking one to the house on us in that playoff game in the RCA Dome.  I would really love to be a good screen team because we flat out sucked at it under Pep Hamilton.

That's what I hated about Pep's play calling.  The offense never felt like it had a multi pronged attack that kept defenses off balance.  Screens, deep balls, running game, tight ends over the middle, roll outs.....mix it up Pep.

The flow of the offense was night and day in Chud's first game vs Denver.

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Mario Williams plays some OLB and he is 6'6" 292lbs. Remember its not about the weight itself, Its about what a player can do at the weight at they are at

Mario plays it for a handful of plays.....    but that's not what he does on a game-in, game-out basis where he's playing OLB every down.

Plus......     Mario Williams is more Freak of Nature.     Earl Okine, is not.      No knock on him,  I'm just saying.....

22 minutes ago, BOTT said:

That's what I hated about Pep's play calling.  The offense never felt like it had a multi pronged attack that kept defenses off balance.  Screens, deep balls, running game, tight ends over the middle, roll outs.....mix it up Pep.

The Colts have been completely inept at screen plays for three years. I don't understand why, and it's a little annoying that Luck got picked off on a botched screen play today, but the hope is that Chud and the other offensive coaches get it fixed.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Mario plays it for a handful of plays.....    but that's not what he does on a game-in, game-out basis where he's playing OLB every down.

Plus......     Mario Williams is more Freak of Nature.     Earl Okine, is not.      No knock on him,  I'm just saying.....

Mario Williams played mostly OLB his last year in Houston, but that was a long time ago now. And like you said, Earl Okine is no Mario Williams.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Mario Williams played mostly OLB his last year in Houston, but that was a long time ago now. And like you said, Earl Okine is no Mario Williams.

Also some of it was with Buffalo though he had his hand in the dirt alot. Okine definitely isn't Williams of course Combne or otherwise but the good thing is he doesn't have to be. He just has to make plays and get stops when and if his number is called

Thanks to all the forum members for all the updates today !!!  Made it feel like I was right there with you  LOL. I think, like others have said, the media has awakened the giant.  Great motivation for the guys. 

GOOOOO Colts !!!

2 hours ago, Chadf652 said:

Are they making fans stay in the bleachers after practice to get autographs? I know last year after practice was over, you were allowed to get out of the bleachers and go down to the rope area to get autographs. Can anyone that's been to camp this year answer these questions. Thanks!

No, you have to stay in the bleachers. They'll come up to the railing and sign... Also no chairs except for may one end zone area. Only about 50% capacity today. I guess  a lot of area schools went back today 

12 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

No, you have to stay in the bleachers. They'll come up to the railing and sign... Also no chairs except for may one end zone area. Only about 50% capacity today. I guess  a lot of area schools went back today 

Those bleachers can be brutal in the hot sun. 

27 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Bummer! I plan on going Sunday. Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

Interesting, i also live near the ohio river. 20 mins form KY and 40 mins from OH. Im from Switzerland County, where do you live GoColtsWin? If you don't mind me asking.

Jeffersonville, in Clark Co. Big-time Colts fans down here, even allot across the Ohio river in Louisville Ky. 

28 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

Jeffersonville, in Clark Co. Big-time Colts fans down here, even allot across the Ohio river in Louisville Ky. 

28 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

I'm from Tell City about 30 miles from Evansville. On the Ohio river. But living in Savannah, Ga now. Traded the 

river for the beach life :) 

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

The thing I hated about Pep was he would find something that worked and only do it one or two times and never go back to it.  If Chud finds something that works he goes back to the well on multiple occasions until you stop it.  He has an identity around what it is he wants to do.  Pep would find success with something in one game and you'd never see it again in most cases.  And if you saw it again he would never use it enough, or doing the wrong thing for the game conditions like how we went into that AFC Championship game throwing the football a million times in the rain even though we were running the football at over 4 to 5 yards a carry on the Patriots.  That's what Dwayne Allens comments were centered around last year when he said "We've got all these parts, but What Are We?"  Are we a passing offense?  Are we a running offense?  What is it that we like to do?  Identity was never really established and maintained.

5 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

I'm from Tell City about 30 miles from Evansville. On the Ohio river. But living in Savannah, Ga now. Traded the 

river for the beach life :) 

Yeah, my wife would agree with you. She wants to move to Gulf Shores Alabama. We vacation there from time to time.