Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day one thread

RockThatBlue

7 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I'll be there tomorrow hopefully with some good intel to report 

I'm still considering going tomorrow but I was going to with a buddy but he couldn't so I'll probably just stay home and go next week but please do report lol

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/27/2016 at 6:03 PM, CheezyColt said:
On 7/27/2016 at 4:37 PM, Mr Clueless said:
Yeah, but then the team is a dumpster fire according to the media so who wants to cover them! :billiejean:

NFL network just did their Colts season predictions for every game this season. Heath Evans (lol) and Elliot Harrison  (I think) had us at 6-10, woth the only signature win at Lambeau. People have lost their mind and completely forgotten how good Luck is after a single injury riddled year. Funny.

Heath Evans is biased. He will never give us credit, and when we're down he's the first to jump on and clown on us. I wonder why?

Cornerback D’Joun Smith also returned and made a couple of nice plays while seeming to get quite a few reps, which is a good sign. 

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/7/27/12303014/colts-camp-notebook-day-one

If we can get DJ going along with Tevin Mitchel and Darius Butler to go along with the two starters in Davis and Robinson I say we might have a really nice secondary as far as the corners are concerned.  Still think we lack some depth at the safety spot but it's somewhat decent with Adams, Geathers, and Green. I think the safety depth may get eaten up quickly due to Adams and Geathers likely getting nicked up at different points of the season and Green is still feeling things out.  Hopefully I'm wrong on that........

PRACTICE TAKEAWAYS

1. From an individual standpoint, new cornerback Patrick Robinson made a couple of nice plays on Wednesday. If we were giving out a “play of the day” award, Robinson would get it for his toe tap interception of an Andrew Luck pass intended for Phillip Dorsett.

It was another play that stood out for Robinson. On a deep pass from Luck to Josh Boyce, Robinson knocked the ball away at the last second. Last season, Robinson defended the big play better than virtually every other cornerback in football. The Colts, who struggled against the deep pass in 2015, welcome that ability.
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Practice-One-Training-Camp-Notebook-Patrick-Robinson-Makes-Early-Impression/75d006ee-c065-4791-a33c-3ff2cd6e9c59

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Cornerback D’Joun Smith also returned and made a couple of nice plays while seeming to get quite a few reps, which is a good sign. 

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/7/27/12303014/colts-camp-notebook-day-one

If we can get DJ going along with Tevin Mitchel and Darius Butler to go along with the two starters in Davis and Robinson I say we might have a really nice secondary as far as the corners are concerned.  Still think we lack some depth at the safety spot but it's somewhat decent with Adams, Geathers, and Green. I think the safety depth may get eaten up quickly due to Adams and Geathers likely getting nicked up at different points of the season and Green is still feeling things out.  Hopefully I'm wrong on that........

I beleive the play I saw on facebook that smith went up and broke the pass up he was playing on the outside so that's very promising 

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

This was how camp started last year with Luck throwing picks. Gotta limit those. I know it's camp so let's see what develops over the course. 

You're right,,it's just camp....the first day of camp.  Last time I saw Peyton in camp,it was a scrimmage and he threw 3 interceptions including a pick 6 to Gary Brackett

12 hours ago, BOTT said:

You're right,,it's just camp....the first day of camp.  Last time I saw Peyton in camp,it was a scrimmage and he threw 3 interceptions including a pick 6 to Gary Brackett

Yep.  Anyone who gets too excited about anything that happens this early in camp just needs to go back to last year.  Duron was tearing it up, as well as some other camp stars who didn't make the team.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

As a former pokemon state champion, I always hated these things, lol! :D

I have no idea what you are talking about.. are you saying you had pokemon cards and won the state championship in a tournament or something? 

Just now, JPFolks said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.. are you saying you had pokemon cards and won the state championship in a tournament or something? 

Yes in 2007, I played the pokemon tcg (trading card game) and won the colorado state championship in 15+ age division. Actually played for 7 years and won multiple city championships as well, but state was bigger.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As far as Andrew goes, he hasn't thrown a pass in 8 months. I wouldn't put much stock in a practice game.

As true as this is, I would like to see an encouraging sign that he has learned how to cut down on the INT's. It's one practice, but one turns into two, etc, etc.... I want to see Luck fixed in that department, if nothing else. Very frustrating in his 5th year if it does continue.

Yes in 2007, I played the pokemon tcg (trading card game) and won the colorado state championship in 15+ age division. Actually played for 7 years and won multiple city championships as well, but state was bigger.

That's actually pretty impressive. I have never played Pokémon but to be the best at something is pretty cool.

And I thought I was a nerd for being the Indiana State Chess Runner Up heh heh heh.  I feel vindicated.  (I was also a finalist in Wrestling and Won the State in Football to balance out the nerd factor a little).  Does it share much with the current Pokemon phone game everyone is playing or is it something entirely new? 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

As true as this is, I would like to see an encouraging sign that he has learned how to cut down on the INT's. It's one practice, but one turns into two, etc, etc.... I want to see Luck fixed in that department, if nothing else. Very frustrating in his 5th year if it does continue.

I would too. His Fumbles bother me more though. If he throws 14-16 INT's a year but throws for over 30 TD's they will offset one another as long as he doesn't fumble. Peyton had seasons where he threw a lot of INT's but he rarely fumbled.

1 minute ago, JPFolks said:

And I thought I was a nerd for being the Indiana State Chess Runner Up heh heh heh.  I feel vindicated.  (I was also a finalist in Wrestling and Won the State in Football to balance out the nerd factor a little).  Does it share much with the current Pokemon phone game everyone is playing or is it something entirely new? 

I do not play pokemon go, nor do I have any intent too currently. There is no trading and/or battling other people as of now, so I don't see a point in playing it when I can just play the new pokemon game on 3DS or get back into the TCG if I really wanted too. Basically like playing poker with play chips. Also, congrats on your wins! I was the best in my school at chess, but still just above average, nowhere close to a grandmaster, lol.

2 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

You got it game was very popular about 10 years ago

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Very nice sir I was never very good but my little bro use to travel around and play in the big tournaments . 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's actually pretty impressive. I have never played Pokémon but to be the best at something is pretty cool.

Thanks 2006! I got to go to nationals and worlds as well. Traveled all over and got college almost paid for. Worlds was the only tourney in 2004 I ever had a losing record. Was my first year and was ranked 1st in the world as I was winning nearly every tourney in Colorado that year. Got invited on my rank and went 2-5 at worlds, lol. Got humbled and worked really hard and dominated for the next 7 years after that.

7 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

At one time I was Very Good at Chess, I wouldn't say Great because I was never in any big tournaments playing against Top competition but I used to beat all my friends that played me and beat a high level computer. I played it non-stop for a few years and even had the Chessmaster program for my computer. I haven't played in a while so it would take me a few games to get my thinking back but I love Chess.

4 minutes ago, B~Town said:

You got it game was very popular about 10 years ago

Very nice sir I was never very good but my little bro use to travel around and play in the big tournaments . 

Appreciate it! You did have to travel as there were lots of city championships and state and regionals were held in different parts of the state and different states every year. It was worth it with friends, though. Wasn't the best, but I caught some breaks and won some nice tourneys. Always fun facing the best players in the world. Met Ness (jason klaczynski) at nats in St. Louis in 2009. Didn't get to face him, but he was pretty nice. Saw a lot of other top names as well. Colorado was my stomping ground, we usually owned Utah. Sometimes they would get the best of us though.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would too. His Fumbles bother me more though. If he throws 14-16 INT's a year but throws for over 30 TD's they will offset one another as long as he doesn't fumble. Peyton had seasons where he threw a lot of INT's but he rarely fumbled.

The fumbles are frustrating as well. I think a better O-Line would go a long way in fixing it, however, as that could keep him upright. Basically, my top fear with Luck is that he has reached his ceiling, and the only way he'll improve now is by the teammates around him getting better as time goes by, and not by his own accord.

The fumbles are frustrating as well. I think a better O-Line would go a long way in fixing it, however, as that could keep him upright. Basically, my top fear with Luck is that he has reached his ceiling, and the only way he'll improve now is by the teammates around him getting better as time goes by, and not by his own accord.

We need a better Defense to put him in better situations and that isn't going to happen until next season but I still think he is good enough to get us 10 wins if the O.Line is better. I think worse case we win 9.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need a better Defense to put him in better situations and that isn't going to happen until next season but I still think he is good enough to get us 10 wins if the O.Line is better. I think worse case we win 9.

That's where I have us at 9 or 10 wins. It's not the defense that I'm worried about as far as Luck goes, it's the O-Line. I don't have confidence yet that Luck will cut back on the INT's or fumbles. If he can do it by himself, it's a huge step forward for the team and our chances at a future SB. If it's going to take an elite O-Line to give Luck enough time to make correct decisions and make sure he doesn't get knocked on his backside, it's going to take a lot of Luck to win the SB (no pun intended). The defense isn't even the concern this year IMO, we need to get Luck to elite status and correct his shortcomings. If he truly breaks out and the O-Line is fixed, we can fix the rest next year and maybe be a SB contender. Lot of ifs though, and it all revolves around Luck (Andrew Luck that is).

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's where I have us at 9 or 10 wins. It's not the defense that I'm worried about as far as Luck goes, it's the O-Line. I don't have confidence yet that Luck will cut back on the INT's or fumbles. If he can do it by himself, it's a huge step forward for the team and our chances at a future SB. If it's going to take an elite O-Line to give Luck enough time to make correct decisions and make sure he doesn't get knocked on his backside, it's going to take a lot of Luck to win the SB (no pun intended). The defense isn't even the concern this year IMO, we need to get to elite status and correct his shortcomings. If he truly breaks out and the O-Line is fixed, we can fix the rest next year and maybe be a SB contender. Lot of ifs though, and it all revolves around Luck (Andrew Luck that is).

Only time will tell whether or not Andrew can cut down on the INT's. He did only have 9 in 2013 but in his best season being 2014 he had 16. I still don't think 16 is Bad, Peyton had 16 in 2009 and won MVP.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only time will tell whether or not Andrew can cut down on the INT's. He did only have 9 in 2013 but in his best season being 2014 he had 16. I still don't think 16 is Bad, Peyton had 16 in 2009 and won MVP.

16 isn't bad if Luck throws 40 tds. I don't mind a 2.5/1 TD/INT ratio. However, he can't throw something like 2 INT's and 2 TDs a game and expect us to consistently win. Throw the ball away, throw some dink and dunk passes, we have speedy receivers that can break some small passes for big gains. Don't always have to go deep. If all else fails, throw the ball away or even take a sack rather than throw an INT into tight coverage.

44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So you're telling me that you were the very best, like no one ever was?

2 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

I believe I read over at Stampede that Andrew's passes were missing high. That's typical from what we've seen from him in the past, especially last year. Not sure why that is but I hope all is well with his arm and he can knock the rust off quickly.

That's very consistent with what I've personally seen from him and makes me even more worried that he's performing the same patterns in his throwing motions. Like I said, I don't think he's going to fix what's wrong, and Chud needs to adapt a short to medium pass dink and dunk strategy to him. Use Hilton, Dorsett and Moncrief with a ton of slant routes and let them use their speed to burn opposing CB's. We obviously can't rely on the deep ball.