Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most underated starter

CR91

I'd have to go with David Parry. Absolute steal in the fifth round imo. I don't really think he gets much credit. Sure his game suffered once Anderson got hurt, but he was playing just as well as Anderson imo. He was holding his ground, commanding double teams, stout against the run more often then not, and could put pressure on the pocket. Who do you think is the most underrated starter

Erik Walden and its not even close. He does his job very well week in and week out, he doesn't make super star plays, but he almost always plays well. Hes been the most underrated and underappreciated colts player easily since hes been here. And I remember people hating on him when we signed him, wonder what those people think now?

6 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Kendall Langford

I agree.  I remember him saying something about his game wasn't as good in St. Louis as opposed to being in Miami.  Something about being in a 4-3 hurt his game.  He's just awesome for us in Pags scheme

13 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Erik Walden and its not even close. He does his job very well week in and week out, he doesn't make super star plays, but he almost always plays well. Hes been the most underrated and underappreciated colts player easily since hes been here. And I remember people hating on him when we signed him, wonder what those people think now?

Not to mention he brings a level of nastiness to his game. Sometimes this bites him in the butt though, with penalties. I can live with his style of play, a man to be accounted for IMO. 

1 hour ago, GoColtsWin said:

Not to mention he brings a level of nastiness to his game. Sometimes this bites him in the butt though, with penalties. I can live with his style of play, a man to be accounted for IMO. 

Yup. Hes certainly not afraid to rough it up a little bit. Hes one of the few on D that isn't afraid to play physical. If we had 3 or 4 other players on D that played like him, we would have a pretty solid defense IMO.

On 7/27/2016 at 2:44 PM, RockThatBlue said:
I love me some Langford but I disagree about him being underrated. His name comes up quite a bit, Waldens doesn't.

Walden is decent but not as important to the D as Langford. And Langford's name is only brought up between us Colts fans. The media/sports heads never mention him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 *

Frank Gore -- most RBs would have been hurt mid-season last year or rushed for <700 yards with what he had -- he  almost broke 1,000 with pretty much nothing... maybe I'm way off after watching T-Rich for a couple of years, but I think Gore was pretty darn good.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:30 AM, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Frank Gore -- most RBs would have been hurt mid-season last year or rushed for <700 yards with what he had -- he  almost broke 1,000 with pretty much nothing... maybe I'm way off after watching T-Rich for a couple of years, but I think Gore was pretty darn good.

That's areal good choice...What did he get...970 yards? With how much blocking?

..and what threat at QB?

Wait till our new center starts opening up actual holes for him

Some good options to choose from.  David Parry looks like he will be rising.  Hopefully Anderson gets fully healed and can start, then those two can be a real wrecking crew for an Oline.  Frank Gore will get his 1000 yards as long as the new OLine can do its job.    Though not a starter, I think Josh Ferguson will explode onto the scene. Ryan Kelly is going to be an instant impact player I think and this is only going to help our run game.

On 7/30/2016 at 4:43 PM, oldunclemark said:

That's areal good choice...What did he get...970 yards? With how much blocking?

..and what threat at QB?

Wait till our new center starts opening up actual holes for him

Yes, 967 yards rushing (plus 267 yard receiving) ... with a line that was changing frequently, and was most often playing sub-par football, and with little threat of a passing game.....................

I really expect Chud to make this offense more balanced, and think with a healthy Andrew and the additions we made to the OL, we're well on our way to seeing this team have a run game again.

On D it's an easy call for me Walden. He's being called a back up in this thread. DQ is underrated too IMO. He's the leader of the D and it's importance is minimized by some. That being said his role should be reduced to a 2 down guy this year. One of the younger players need to take on some of the leadership on D. 

The O is more difficult for me. We know Castozo can play and Reitz is a servicable RT but we need Clark to develop. Most expect Moncrief to break out and Gore to rebound from a down year. 

I am going to say Dwayne Allen.  I think we forget how good an all around football player Allen is and that he's played in at least 13 games every year but 2013. He will remind us this season. 

TY is a underrated too IMO. I know he's been to the pro bowl 2yrs in a row. The season he put up last year with our problems on offense was impressive. His receiving yards through his first 4 years in the league are comparable to the all time greats in fact better than most of them. He has more yards to start his career than Marvin or Reggie. The kid is special. 

On 7/26/2016 at 10:17 PM, CR91 said:

I'd have to go with David Parry. Absolute steal in the fifth round imo. I don't really think he gets much credit. Sure his game suffered once Anderson got hurt, but he was playing just as well as Anderson imo. He was holding his ground, commanding double teams, stout against the run more often then not, and could put pressure on the pocket. Who do you think is the most underrated starter

I stood next to David Parry and was shocked at how small and thin he looked.  I couldn't believe it.. he was dwarfed by all the other linemen who were enormous!

last year was Langford.

Kinda excited to see who this year will be though.  There are a few names that will be starters this year who was not starts the majority of the year last year, or even on the team for that matter.  

Possible names:

Green/Geathers

Irving/Moore

Good

even Ridgeway

I think all these guys are under the radar as of right now.  And very well could have a great year.

If I could only pick one, I would have to say Adams.  When he was signed I kind of did a shoulder shrug and figured if he made the team it would be great for depth with his experience.  Little did I know we were getting a Pro Bowl safety.

On 7/26/2016 at 11:42 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I remember the haters those genius's have got nothing to say there unable to admit they were wrong , there are many who are quick to dog a pick or a signing  in the off season many feel there much smarter than the professionals he has done his job . I also like Parry & Anderson I think they did a great job . They both surprised & impressed . The injury bug has been ever present the last few years & it sucks .that is the NFL .