Colin Cowherd picks Colts as AFC #1 seed

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Gavin said:

And Kaep was doing well under Harbaugh. Not elite but good. Cowherd is a step below Skip Bayless......Its a big step but its still 1 step. I'd take the guy that played the game and watches film and understands what he sees

Cowherd is below Bayless?  That's insane.  Bayless says such ridiculous things that I honestly think he says them just to get ratings and views instead of giving his real opinion

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Cowherd is below Bayless?  That's insane.  Bayless says such ridiculous things that I honestly think he says them just to get ratings and views instead of giving his real opinion

And Cowherd has his own track record of ridiculous comments

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Do you think what he's saying here is ridiculous?  Predicting the Colts to be the AFC's #1 seed with a 12-4 record?

I don't. 12-4 is actually about the record I would predict.  Whether that's good enough for the #1 seed in the AFC, I don't know.

17 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Do you think what he's saying here is ridiculous?  Predicting the Colts to be the AFC's #1 seed with a 12-4 record?

Wouldn't shock me but 12-4 is not likely with our defensive issues. I think the Jags have closed that gap if Bortles comes out and has a similar year as he did last year and stays healthy.

16 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I don't. 12-4 is actually about the record I would predict.  Whether that's good enough for the #1 seed in the AFC, I don't know.

Hard to imagine anyone else winning more than 12 in the AFC. Denver is a giant question mark this year, whoever wins the North will come out beat up with around 10-11 wins, Pats don't have Brady for the first month. Sure, KC or someone else in the West could surprise, just not sure if it'll be to the tune of 12 wins.

9 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Wouldn't shock me but 12-4 is not likely with our defensive issues. I think the Jags have closed that gap if Bortles comes out and has a similar year as he did last year and stays healthy.

We have all new d coaches and some new players.  The d COULD be quite a bit better than last year.

I think Toler was killing us last year (similar to Vaughn in previous years).

Hopefully Robinson is the answer at #2 CB.

Just now, Kyle said:

We have all new d coaches and some new players.  The d COULD be quite a bit better than last year.

I think Toler was killing us last year (similar to Vaughn in previous years).

Hopefully Robinson is the answer at #2 CB.

We have a #2 Corner who was bad the last time he was a #2 full time starter and no pass rush and we don't know for sure when Anderson will be back and ready to make an impact......He was our best D Lineman run defender last year. All new coaches don't play the game, As great as some HC's are players still have to make plays. Bill B is 1 of the best HC's of all time but put a couple of bum players in to start....particularly at QB and you have a HC look like a horrible coach

Hey we have a chance to go 12-4 but its unlikely

9 minutes ago, Gavin said:

We have a #2 Corner who was bad the last time he was a #2 full time starter and no pass rush and we don't know for sure when Anderson will be back and ready to make an impact......He was our best D Lineman run defender last year. All new coaches don't play the game, As great as some HC's are players still have to make plays. Bill B is 1 of the best HC's of all time but put a couple of bum players in to start....particularly at QB and you have a HC look like a horrible coach

Hey we have a chance to go 12-4 but its unlikely

Which was a good couple years ago.  It's like trying to hold Kareem Jackson for how bad he was his first couple years in the league. Kareem improved from that point.  Patrick Robinson is almost 30 now and we are still holding him hostage to how he played when he first entered the league. Why?  Robinson is a better corner than Kareem Jackson certainly.  Don't see why Robinson couldn't have improved .

If we're talking about pre-season predictions, I don't see how the Colts go from a SB contender (which they were predicted to be prior to the start of last season) to a team that will finish in the middle of the pack (which seems to be the popular prediction now).  It makes no sense.  Luck is back.  The Oline and D is better (potentially at least with the new additions).  I don't have them #1 like Cowherd does, but I think we're closer to that than just an average team.

59 minutes ago, krunk said:

Which was a good couple years ago.  It's like trying to hold Kareem Jackson for how bad he was his first couple years in the league. Kareem improved from that point.  Patrick Robinson is almost 30 now and we are still holding him hostage to how he played when he first entered the league. Why?  Robinson is a better corner than Kareem Jackson certainly.  Don't see why Robinson couldn't have improved .

We will wait and see and leave it at that....For the record Kareem Jackson wasn't good last year.

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

We will wait and see and leave it at that....For the record Kareem Jackson wasn't good last year.

That's fair, although Jackson still isn't anywhere near as terrible as he was when he entered the league.    I don't have this big high opinion of him either, but I'm just saying people do improve.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

That's fair, although Jackson still isn't anywhere near as terrible as he was when he entered the league.    I don't have this big high opinion of him either, but I'm just saying people do improve.

I'm optimistic to a point. I'm hoping he does well. I'd be lying if I said I expect him to though. Hoping for the best

11 hours ago, BOTT said:

Bell was replaced fine by his 32 yr old back up.  Running backs, even as good as Bell, are not hard to replace.

Yeah,   they really are hard to replace.     You're just citing the exception to the rule.

When the lead RB goes down,  it's rare that the team keeps going without missing much.

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

And Kaep was doing well under Harbaugh. Not elite but good. Cowherd is a step below Skip Bayless......Its a big step but its still 1 step. I'd take the guy that played the game and watches film and understands what he sees

If you honestly prefer Skip Bayless to Colin Cowherd,  then you simply don't pay much attention to who these guys are,   and what they say.........

Seriously.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you honestly prefer Skip Bayless to Colin Cowherd,  then you simply don't pay much attention to who these guys are,   and what they say.........

Seriously.

Skip is a caricature of what a sports analyst is supposed to be, and more than likely has completely different opinions when he's off camera. Cowherd might be kind of pompous, but at least he actually believes the stuff that he says, and that goes farther with me than just playing a character on a TV show, which is essentially what Bayless did on First Take.

4 hours ago, Jason_S said:

I agree.  I can see us going anywhere from 8-8 (if we lose all of our 50/50 games) to 13-3.  12-4 isn't out of the question

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah,   they really are hard to replace.     You're just citing the exception to the rule.

When the lead RB goes down,  it's rare that the team keeps going without missing much.

The Chiefs replaced Jamal Charles just fine with a couple backs.  Some dude named Rawls replaced beast mode and averaged 5.6 ypc in Seattle . Boy, the Texans really missed Arian Foster.  

Like I said, replaceable.

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously.

I have no idea anyone would come to the conclusion that I like Skip or Colin. I sure as hell do not. When I said Colin is 1 step behind Skip its solely in contention for the biggest well known sports media buffoon going to today.......Stephen A is a distant 3rd

Just now, Gavin said:

I have no idea anyone would come to the conclusion that I like Skip or Colin. When I said Colin is 1 step behind Skip its solely in contention for the biggest well known sports media buffoon going to today.......Stephen A is a distant 3rd

OK.......   we're all entitled to our own opinions.....

I don't always agree with Colin,  but I never think of him as a buffoon.     He's a sharp guy and really likes smart people.      He's also a contrarian, which I respect....

I think Stephen A is a close 2nd to Skippy in the Buffoon club.....

But,   that's just my two cents..........

16 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I have no idea anyone would come to the conclusion that I like Skip or Colin. I sure as hell do not. When I said Colin is 1 step behind Skip its solely in contention for the biggest well known sports media buffoon going to today.......Stephen A is a distant 3rd

I'm not a big fan of Cowherd, but he isn't anywhere close to Skip.  Hell, in my book he's a step up from Mike and Mike.....two buffoons.

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

I read this ridiculous stat on Bortles last season which I'm having trouble pulling up.

In his own half, Bortles was apparently a bottom 10 qb. But from the opponent's half line, he was a top 5 qb rating wise.

Isn't that nuts? We now know what we need to do, keep them in their half!

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

Hope the defense surprises us all. Have to agree with you on Bortles and the Jags, they are getting better and the gap is narrowing. With that said, I for one am excited with the prospect of gained potential thru new/better coaching. Hopefully this free's up Coach to focus on the D. Might actually start to see what Irsay/Grigson/Coach have been talking about this whole time. 

12 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

Hope the defense surprises us all. Have to agree with you on Bortles and the Jags, they are getting better and the gap is narrowing. With that said, I for one am excited with the prospect of gained potential thru new/better coaching. Hopefully this free's up Coach to focus on the D. Might actually start to see what Irsay/Grigson/Coach have been talking about this whole time. 

How are they closing the gap?  Even with every other team in the south having QB issues they could still only muster 5 wins.  Has Gus Bradley ever had the Jags show any signs of overachieving?

im probably wrong about the Jags, but I just don't see it......yet.

19 hours ago, Gavin said:

Ron Jaworski says it: Would be worth being looked at seriously

Colin Cowherd says it: Kiss of death

This time around winning the division will be an achievement

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kiss+of+death&view=detailv2&&id=27B9C39D037051223B559DB3BB84624D614778CA&selectedIndex=17&ccid=3S9dH9lC&simid=607999982448345712&thid=OIP.Mdd2f5d1fd9425e3bc47e305d6dfa4b62o0&ajaxhist=0

I gotta agree with my man Gavin on this one. Mr. Cowherd needs to zip it, keep it on the down low, & shut the hades up. 

INDY has always been a 10-6 team. No way are we going 12-4. Look, I appreciate the vote of confidence & all, but the Jags defense is loaded for bear & if Houston finally got their man in Brock, the Colts have some tough sledding ahead. First, I need to see if our o-line can keep Luck upright & his jersey free from grass stains. 

15 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I gotta agree with my man Gavin on this one. Mr. Cowherd needs to zip it, keep it on the down low, & shut the hades up. 

INDY has always been a 10-6 team. No way are we going 12-4. Look, I appreciate the vote of confidence & all, but the Jags defense is loaded for bear & if Houston finally got their man in Brock, the Colts have some tough sledding ahead. First, I need to see if our o-line can keep Luck upright & his jersey free from grass stains. 

So you don't think with a healthy Luck the Colts can win 3 more games than last season? Before last season we went three 11-5 seasons?

7 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Speaking of clowns, when does Skip start his new show on FS1? I actually miss Bayless's foolishness or just the way he always plunged in head first with crazy declarations like Tim Tebow can throw or Brady will win at the Supreme Court nonsense. 

There's a rumor that Shannon Sharpe will be his new sidekick. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sports/news/skip-bayless-shannon-sharpe-fs1-colin-cowherd-jason-whitlock-shannon/19i2eufmw5xw1i1pgxf5rlxld

I really like Sharpe & I always have. Plus, Skip reminds me of a relative I see every Christmas. A ridiculous bafoon that always doubles down no matter how far fetched his argument is. I admire the bravery in that. You know the backlash is coming & you face the embarrassment & consequences anyway. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK.......   we're all entitled to our own opinions.....

I don't always agree with Colin,  but I never think of him as a buffoon.     He's a sharp guy and really likes smart people.      He's also a contrarian, which I respect....

I think Stephen A is a close 2nd to Skippy in the Buffoon club.....

But,   that's just my two cents..........

Yes, I will concede that Cowherd is a smart guy. He's boring as hades but intelligent. I just like INDY being totally under everybody's radar & no glowing press because that's when we tend to surprise a lot of clubs. 

The the 1 thing that rubs me the wrong way with Stephen A. Smith is this: When he gets into his fire & brimstone, preacher mode. It wears out it's welcome really quick. I forgive him though since he always slams the Cowboys for being playoff & SB irrelevant, which they always are. LOL! 

34 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

If you think they are a 10 win team, getting two more wins isn't such a stretch.

12 minutes ago, BOTT said:

If you think they are a 10 win team, getting two more wins isn't such a stretch.

I don't know BOTT. When the AFC South only had us & the Texans with any hope of winning the division for a decade & now, the Jags have a good defense & the Titans made an effort to protect Mariota; 2 additional wins sounds like a distant mirage than an attainable plateau to me personally. 

The point being--Every foe in the AFC South got better on paper. Not just Houston. 

I'd love to go 12-4 sure in INDY, but honestly, I don't believe that myself. I just don't. 

9 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

When I look at the roster I'm definitely not like "that's a perennial SB contender." I like a lot of the players we have, and  Luck gives us a puncher's chance, but I also think we're 1, possibly 2 good drafts away from being the next big AFC powerhouse.

I agree. I think we are a Top 10 in the league (barely) and that is only because we have Andrew. I don't think we have a SB winning Defense or the Running game to win the Conference or the SB. I can see us winning 10 games and getting to the Divisional Round but until we build the Defense we are going to have a tough time even getting back to the Title Game.

20 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yes, I will concede that Cowherd is a smart guy. He's boring as hades but intelligent. I just like INDY being totally under everybody's radar & no glowing press because that's when we tend to surprise a lot of clubs. 

The the 1 thing that rubs me the wrong way with Stephen A. Smith is this: When he gets into his fire & brimstone, preacher mode. It wears out it's welcome really quick. I forgive him though since he always slams the Cowboys for being playoff & SB irrelevant, which they always are. LOL! 

Stephen A also thinks Andrew is Good and praises him quite a bit where Skip was the ultimate Andrew basher. I think Max will do fine on First Take.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stephen A also thinks Andrew is Good and praises him quite a but where Skip was teh ultimate Andrew basher. I think Max will do fine on First Take.

Well said CBE. Max is a nice addition to Molly & Stephen A. This new lineup will work well together for yrs. to come. 

Yeah, I won't miss Skip calling Chewbacca Andrew Lock all the time that's for sure. 

Just now, southwest1 said:

Well said CBE. Max is a nice addition to Molly & Stephen A. This new lineup will work well together for yrs. to come. 

Yeah, I won't miss Skip calling Chewbacca Andrew Lock all the time that's for sure. 

Yeah I like Max already, I have watched it all week and he is pretty good! I corrected my spelling above regarding my Post LOL, sometimes I type fast and don't proof read.

9 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Off topic SW1 but I thought you would get a kick out of the Cowboys facing a $250.000 fine for having three players suspended.