Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Cowherd picks Colts as AFC #1 seed

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin really, Really, REALLY likes Andrew Luck.   

And,  like many in the media,  he gets tired of predicting the same teams year after year.    So, to be different,  since no one else picks the Colts to do much this year,   Colin predicts them to be best in the entire AFC. 

I wonder what he'll say come January if it doesn't come true.

I don't understand anyone who makes a prediction in July.      Feel free to wait until the regular season starts in September.       You know,  like in six weeks from now?!?

Silly.       Ridiculous,  really.  

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And,  like many in the media,  he gets tired of predicting the same teams year after year.    So, to be different,  since no one else picks the Colts to do much this year,   Colin predicts them to be best in the entire AFC. 

I don't understand anyone who makes a prediction in July.      Feel free to wait until the regular season starts in September.       You know,  like in six weeks from now?!?

I pretty much agree. Predicting is fun though is why most do it but after Bell got suspended picking Pitt as top dog is tough, a lot could still happen from now to opening day. Someone key could get injured in pre-season on any team too which could change things.  

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I pretty much agree. Predicting is fun though is why most do it but after Bell got suspended picking Pitt as top dog is tough, a lot could still happen from now to opening day. Someone key could get injured in pre-season on any team too which could change things.  

Bryant is a bigger loss than Bell.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots will probably go 16-0 knowing them.

I doubt that right now, I am so over the perfect season thing. But, with Carolina nearly doing it last year.....someone seems to pop up a lot and flirt with it now too often.

I don't care much for Cowherd but he could be right. This is gonna be a very good football team. A healthier and hungry Andrew Luck, the Pepster is no longer running the offense, mediocre Manusky is gone, Joe Philbin is the O line coach. There are many reasons for optimism. I think we had a pretty good draft too, lets go Colts!

42 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't care much for Cowherd but he could be right. This is gonna be a very good football team. A healthier and hungry Andrew Luck, the Pepster is no longer running the offense, mediocre Manusky is gone, Joe Philbin is the O line coach. There are many reasons for optimism. I think we had a pretty good draft too, lets go Colts!

All the reasons you listed are reasons to pick the Colts to win the AFC South.

But those same reasons aren't anywhere near enough to predict the Colts as the number one team in the entire AFC.

I mean..............      Come......  On!!!

Ron Jaworski says it: Would be worth being looked at seriously

Colin Cowherd says it: Kiss of death

This time around winning the division will be an achievement

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kiss+of+death&view=detailv2&&id=27B9C39D037051223B559DB3BB84624D614778CA&selectedIndex=17&ccid=3S9dH9lC&simid=607999982448345712&thid=OIP.Mdd2f5d1fd9425e3bc47e305d6dfa4b62o0&ajaxhist=0

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

All the reasons you listed are reasons to pick the Colts to win the AFC South.

But those same reasons aren't anywhere near enough to predict the Colts as the number one team in the entire AFC.

I mean..............      Come......  On!!!

Personally I predict 10-6 which won't be the first seed, though I do think we win the division. But cowherd could be right, the top of the AFC outside of probably Pittsburgh is an unknown right now. Denver most likely won't be as good, NE has Brady suspended, Brady is also getting old and eventually hes gonna start breaking down, could be this year after he returns who knows? I cant take Cincinnati serious until they win a playoff game. Will be interesting to see how it turns out for sure. 

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What is it with Colin Cowherd? Not only is he picking the Colts to be very good he is also picking the Pacers to be very good also. Very seldom does the Indy teams get so much love.

Cowherd is a huge contrarian.     And he's not shy about telling anyone and everyone that he's one.

I like him.     But he often gets himself into trouble by (A) over-thinking things,  and (B)  thinking he's the smartest guy in the room......

7 hours ago, Jules said:

It's a nice dream but very doubtful. Unless the Patriots moved to the NFC and I was not informed of this.

Right now, my focus is on hopefully trying to win the division. Seeding can come later.

You know people assume the Pats will win 2-3 of Brady's 4 game suspension.  Even if they win 2, they could easily lose 3 more games as they play a very tough schedule.  So 11-5 wouldn't really be a shock.  The Colts getting to 12-4 might be more unlikely actually.  

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why do people make predictions, period?  Are they trying to prove they're psychic, or just smarter than the average...  (I know, they're just fun and something to talk about)

The only thing sillier and more ridiculous are Power Polls. 

I predict no one is going to like this opinion.

While they may go 1-and-done like always, I feel the Bengals might get the #1 in the AFC. They have seemed to be the regular season kings lately.  :) 

A lot of people not taking them seriously is based on their postseason dismal failures. However, they are overlooking what the Bengals typically do in the regular season recently. Hue Jackson is a big loss but I think there is just enough continuity to overcome that.

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

While they may go 1-and-done like always, I feel the Bengals might get the #1 in the AFC. They have seemed to be the regular season kings lately.  :) 

A lot of people not taking them seriously is based on their postseason dismal failures. However, they are overlooking what the Bengals typically do in the regular season recently. Hue Jackson is a big loss but I think there is just enough continuity to overcome that.

They're arguably one of the three most talented teams in the AFC and have been the last several years.  I don't know how much longer Brown is going to put up with the post season failures before he makes a change.

You have to give him credit for sticking with Lewis, though.  He's a good coach, and if it wasn't for a couple boneheaded players last year they may have gone a lot farther. 

I'm not a big fan of Cowherd but I like his enthusiasm.  I think the Colts will have a good year, get back to the playoffs, and then lose when they have to go on the road.  So long as you don't expect them in the Superbowl this season you won't be disappointed.  This just isn't a Superbowl roster yet no matter if Luck plays superman.  I think one more good draft next season and a FA or two might do it though.  I think this season is the stepping stone to greatness next year.  And I can live with that.

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

I'm not a big fan of Cowherd but I like his enthusiasm.  I think the Colts will have a good year, get back to the playoffs, and then lose when they have to go on the road.  So long as you don't expect them in the Superbowl this season you won't be disappointed.  This just isn't a Superbowl roster yet no matter if Luck plays superman.  I think one more good draft next season and a FA or two might do it though.  I think this season is the stepping stone to greatness next year.  And I can live with that.

When I look at the roster I'm definitely not like "that's a perennial SB contender." I like a lot of the players we have, and  Luck gives us a puncher's chance, but I also think we're 1, possibly 2 good drafts away from being the next big AFC powerhouse.

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Why do people make predictions, period?  Are they trying to prove they're psychic, or just smarter than the average...  (I know, they're just fun and something to talk about)

The only thing sillier and more ridiculous are Power Polls. 

I predict no one is going to like this opinion.

Silly as it may seem, these people get paid to make predictions.

Preseason predictions are generally worthless. But they're nothing new, a ton of people do them every year. And they prove to be worthless, almost always.

That said, predicting the Colts to win three more games next year isn't unrealistic, with Luck back, a (presumably) improved offensive line, and Chud's offense, no reason the team can't bounce back.

It's also not unrealistic to predict that the Pats fall to 10-6, with Brady out the first four games. I think I'd have the Steelers a little better than he does, but without Bryant and potentially without Bell, they might sputter a little bit. The rest of the AFC has issues, or are young teams still coming up, like the Raiders and Bills. The Chiefs might be better than people expect.

I don't think his prediction is outrageous at all. What's outrageous are the barely .500 predictions for the Colts. 

11 hours ago, Gavin said:

Ron Jaworski says it: Would be worth being looked at seriously

Colin Cowherd says it: Kiss of death

This time around winning the division will be an achievement

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kiss+of+death&view=detailv2&&id=27B9C39D037051223B559DB3BB84624D614778CA&selectedIndex=17&ccid=3S9dH9lC&simid=607999982448345712&thid=OIP.Mdd2f5d1fd9425e3bc47e305d6dfa4b62o0&ajaxhist=0

Really?  Jaws over Cowherd?  Jaws once said Kaep could go down as one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.  I like Cowherd; he's not perfect, he makes some mistakes, he's somewhat arrogant, but what he's saying here isn't ridiculous.

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

You know people assume the Pats will win 2-3 of Brady's 4 game suspension.  Even if they win 2, they could easily lose 3 more games as they play a very tough schedule.  So 11-5 wouldn't really be a shock.  The Colts getting to 12-4 might be more unlikely actually.  

If anyone could pull that off, it'd be New England. My only hang up is that during his suspension, Brady isn't allowed to have ANY communication with the team, he's not even allowed to step into the practice facility or anything.

It's hard to imagine, after sitting out a month, getting limited snaps in preseason, and having zero communication with the team for an entire month, that he'll just waltz on to the field at age 40 and be dominant without having to shake off at least a decent amount of rust. Like I said, if anyone could pull it off, it'd be the Pats, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they start slow and end up in the 10-6 range this year.

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Really?  Jaws over Cowherd?  Jaws once said Kaep could go down as one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.  I like Cowherd; he's not perfect, he makes some mistakes, he's somewhat arrogant, but what he's saying here isn't ridiculous.

I honestly think Cowherd's looking at what Carolina achieved last year and expects Luck and the Colts to bounce back in a similar fashion. After a pedestrian 8-8 2014 season, Cam and the Panthers were able to reel off 15 wins and clinch the #1 seed in the NFC, so it's not unrealistic by any means.

38 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

And Kaep was doing well under Harbaugh. Not elite but good. Cowherd is a step below Skip Bayless......Its a big step but its still 1 step. I'd take the guy that played the game and watches film and understands what he sees