Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee is one of the stars.

bleevit

36 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

You should try having a sense of humor. Makes life a lot better. 

Right, because I don't find the a punter all that funny I have no sense of humor.

Dane Cooks isn't funny either.  Shame on me!

35 minutes ago, twfish said:

Definitely your opinion and not shared at all, just ask the people at his sold out shows...

I'm fairly certain i presented it as my opinion.  Having sold out shows doesn't make you funny.  I'm guessing there were a lot of football fans in attendance.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100%, Dane Cook stand up comedy sucks! He is one of the worst I have ever seen! He has been in some good movies but his stand up sucks!

His audience should be sterilized

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I fairly certain i presented it as my opinion.  Having sold out shows doesn't make you funny.  I'm guessing there were a lot of football fans in attendance.

And him being on probably the number one radio comedy show every week just means there all football fans too? He has his moments where he tries a little to hard I'll give you that but he has alot more genuine funny moments then not.

Just now, twfish said:

And him being on probably the number one radio comedy show every week just means there all football fans too? He has his moments where he tries a little to hard I'll give you that but he has alot more genuine funny moments then not.

I havnt listened to him in a while.....maybe he's improved.

you talking about BoB and Tom?  They were much better before syndication.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I rank Pat over Dane as far as stand up, Pat has his moments. He isn't real funny but at times he pulls a good  joke out. Dane has been in a couple of movies like the one with Jessica Alba, cant remember what it was called where it was funny?

Pat > Robin Williams

5 hours ago, BOTT said:

Right, because I don't find the a punter all that funny I have no sense of humor.

Dane Cooks isn't funny either.  Shame on me!

Dane Cook is only funny to college kids, if even that demographic. Nice comparison though. His sold out shows, stuff on Twitter, Instagram and radio shows say otherwise. Yes, sometimes he does try too hard, but I'm willing to be everyday comedian at some point has tried too hard to be funny. Just enjoy we have someone with character. 

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Dane Cook is only funny to college kids, if even that demographic. Nice comparison though. His sold out shows, stuff on Twitter, Instagram and radio shows say otherwise. Yes, sometimes he does try too hard, but I'm willing to be everyday comedian at some point has tried too hard to be funny. Just enjoy we have someone with character. 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah some people stink regarding standup. Robin Williams was a great actor though IMO. He was funny in many movies.

I only saw a little of his standup.  I just rember seeing him on late night talk shows and finding him painfully unfunny.  He essentially spoke jiberish in silly voices and the audience laughed.

Pat's stand up isn't the best but I think we just all give him slack because he's the Colts punter. I'm not saying he's not funny, because he definitely can be. I just think there's room to improve. lol. I've always been a fan of Mitch Hedberg before he passed away. But I do like stuff from Aziz Ansari, Louis CK, Dave Chappelle, John Mulaney, etc.

13 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Pat's stand up isn't the best but I think we just all give him slack because he's the Colts punter. I'm not saying he's not funny, because he definitely can be. I just think there's room to improve. lol. I've always been a fan of Mitch Hedberg before he passed away. But I do like stuff from Aziz Ansari, Louis CK, Dave Chappelle, John Mulaney, etc.

Yeah Pat has his moments where he is funny. I think Chappelle is hilarious. Aries Spears is another one that is funny but he does great impersonations like Caliendo does so I like him. When Caliendo does Gruden and Kiper I lose it! His Morgan Freeman is unbelievable too. Spears can rap, he does Snoop and LL + many others.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Pat has his moments where he is funny. I think Chappelle is hilarious. Aries Spears is another one that is funny but he does great impersonations like Caliendo does so I like him. When Caliendo does Gruden and Kiper I lose it! His Morgan Freeman is unbelievable too. Spears can rap, he does Snoop and LL + many others.

I forgot about that guy! Wasn't he on Mad TV back in the day? I think that's when I first heard about him. He was pretty funny and his impressions are crazy good if people are into that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah his standup isn't that good I agree. His acting is much better.

Williams was a very under rated actor IMO. I think it was because he was thought of as a comedian. Williams based his comedy off ad lib and worked without cue cards. Like the work he did with the movie Aladdin and Good Morning Vietnam. He used no script. It's a lot different type of comedy when it's not hand picked to be funny and is being auditioned for people before hand. The comedy you seen him do on TV was not the same as his live shows. But alias, peoples taste in comedy is different. Some like slapstick, innuendo, visual ect..ect..

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Williams was a very under rated actor IMO. I think it was because he was thought of as a comedian. Williams based his comedy off ad lib and worked without cue cards. Like the work he did with the movie Aladdin and Good Morning Vietnam. He used no script. It's a lot different type of comedy when it's not hand picked to be funny and is being auditioned for people before hand. The comedy you seen him do on TV was not the same as his live shows. But alias, peoples taste in comedy is different. Some like slapstick, innuendo, visual ect..ect..

I loved him in several movies. He was funny in Good Morning Vietnam. Some guys are just funnier in movies and not so much in standup. I love Impractical Jokers for example and think that show is hilarious but when those 4 guys get on stage and crack jokes it's lame.