Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2016

So I am starting up the Colts Forum PPR league again this year.  All current members should have already received an email. If any spots open up I will post immediately so keep an eye out if anyone else is interested.  Go ahead an post if you want in, I foresee possibly one spot opening up.

Meanwhile here we can discuss when a good time for the draft will be, any new rules that we would like to see implemented.  Ive already got 3 votes to incorporate decimal scoring.  But its a league vote so let me know.  If you have any other ideas, feel free to pitch them.  For current members, I updated the league managers note when you first log in so please take a look. 

@Bluefire4 @PuntersArePeopleToo @IndyD4U @Coltman51 @bap03Colts @12isthenew18

**UPDATE**

I set the Draft Order by reverse rankings from last year. As of note, I used the playoff results and not the final season results for setting the draft order.

As it stands here is the draft order by Team Name:

1. Punters be Winning too

2. Team IndyD4u

3. Mike Strahans Tooth Gap

4. Luck Be A Lady

5. Team Coltman

6. Indy Bluefire

7. Swoope There It Is

8. Go Pack Go

9. Phillip my Ball to 12.5 PSI

10. Team Hulce

I also edited the LM Note a slight bit.  Instead of suggesting replacing a WR for a Flex, I changed it to replacing a TE for a Flex.  This is only a suggestion and not what will happen.  Must be approved by a supermajority 7/10.  p

If there are teams that do not respond by deadline or do not wish to resume, they will be removed and spots will open up.  This means Draft order spots will open up.  Starting from #1 position down, you will be given the option to either move UP one or DOWN one spot, depending on what is open around you.  

After all positions are determined, new entrants will get to select their spots from  the remaining available; in the order of reply to this topic.

Tentatively set the draft date to Sept. 3rd at 9pm.  Obviously this will change, but wanted to get it set up for now.

another idea is to extend the season by two weeks and have the playoff rounds only be 1 week.

Finally got the divisions balanced out i think.  May have to re-do it all again after the deadline.  Got a feeling were losing a bunch of people cause right now, theres only 5 active players, including myself.

3 hours ago, bap03Colts said:

I'm in! I'm for decimal scoring and I'm also a fan of the one-week playoff matchups

Are you "show me your TD's"?  I have to try and match up team names to real names to forum screen names lol.  

You have the option (as your last years team was swoope), to drop down one spot in the draft. From 7th to 8th.

8 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I'm in. Im in favor of all 3 changes.

I don't have a preference as far as draft times are concerned. 

Do you know what my draft position is yet?

Tentatively 8th unless 7th to 9th wants to move.

do you have a day you prefer? I always target weekends.  Saturday or Sunday.  So we have all weekends from now til September 4th.

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Bluefire4 @PuntersArePeopleToo @IndyD4U  @Coltman51  @bap03Colts @12isthenew18

When are some good dates for the draft.  To accommodate my wife and our kids nap time, the times will be roughly restricted to around 1pm CST or after 730 pm CST (2pm and 830 pm EST). We can be flexible if those times are too restrictive.

If this is a Saturday than either of those times are fine with me.

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Tentatively 8th unless 7th to 9th wants to move.

do you have a day you prefer? I always target weekends.  Saturday or Sunday.  So we have all weekends from now til September 4th.

No preference. Just let me know the day and time and I'll make it work. 

17 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Bluefire4 @PuntersArePeopleToo @IndyD4U  @Coltman51  @bap03Colts @12isthenew18

When are some good dates for the draft.  To accommodate my wife and our kids nap time, the times will be roughly restricted to around 1pm CST or after 730 pm CST (2pm and 830 pm EST). We can be flexible if those times are too restrictive.

I'm flexible on dates. I prefer the after 7:30 pm CST time frame, but can manage with an earlier time

11 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Are you "show me your TD's"?  I have to try and match up team names to real names to forum screen names lol.  

You have the option (as your last years team was swoope), to drop down one spot in the draft. From 7th to 8th.

Yes I am lol, sorry for changing names on you. I would actually like to drop to the 8th pick

53 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

No preference. Just let me know the day and time and I'll make it work. 

4 minutes ago, bap03Colts said:

Yes I am lol, sorry for changing names on you. I would actually like to drop to the 8th pick

Bap you are now 8th in the draft,

Btown that puts you to fill in the 7th spot.

@PuntersArePeopleToo @IndyD4U @Btown_Colt @Coltman51 @12isthenew18 @bap03Colts

So I have enough votes to implement Decimal scoring.  I have already made the changes. 

I am tracking the following yes votes for 1 week champioships:

Team Hulce

Myself

Btown_Colt

Bap03Colts

Please let me know if anyone else wanted one week playoffs and championship.

Only 1 vote for additional flex.   

Anyone have any other ideas they would like to post?

Besides IndyD4U, who else would not be able to accommodate a 1pm CST Draft on a Saturday?

(Another idea.

No divisions. 

I can understand the argument for no divisions.  The top 4 teams make it to the playoffs.  But I think in two division leagues, there rarely is a case where there is a better team that doesn't make it.

And do we stick with 4 teams, or do 6?

Honestly have been contemplating a bit.  We could increase to 12 teams,(somebody already wants to)    which would justify having 6 team playoffs.  6/10 I think is too much.  We could do 5 teams and the #1 team gets a bye.  These are all things we could do next year but are ideas that are worth tossing about.  If we increased the number of playoff teams we would definitely have to do 1 week playoffs.

1 hour ago, IndyD4U said:

9/3 Draft time/date works perfectly for my calendar. 

That's great, I was worried it wasn't going to but my hands got tied. 

Hope you guys like all the trophies.  I think some are pretty funny.  I think the Kicker one is the most fitting. Trivia question!  Why is it the most fitting?

Updated Draft Order.  Miscalculated the first 4 positions. Changes in bold

1. Mike Strahans Tooth Gap (3)

2. Luck Be A Lady (4)

3. Punters Be Winning Too (1)

4. My Nut Zach Ertz (2)

5. Team Coltman

6. Indy Bluefire

7. Team TrueBlood

8. Show me your TDs (7)

9. Phillip my Ball to 12.5 PSI

10. Team Hulce

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Sorry, I didn't check my email. Thanks

Np man.  No harm in asking.  I should have posted a message here so that is my bad, I made an assumption.  I of all people should know better though considering I can go days without internet or email access lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I auto drafted but set my pre draft settings and got a team I am happy with. I will be active. Just thought the draft would be at night and didn't check till last second. I was at work.

Sorry man.  I thought everyone knew.  I sent an email out and posted it here awhile ago.  When noone said anything against it, I thought it was good.  Sorry again man and hope it didn't  ruin it for you.