Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags fan forum

tweezy32

Man I went on the jags fan forum and they like to talk so much crap about the colts. I don't know about you guys but I get so mad at these people thinking that bortle is better then luck and just how they are better. We are in "denial" to I guess! Read the comments that they post. Some of it is pretty funny! 

Some advice: if it gets you mad to read what they say, stay off their board, haha.

Really, it doesn't matter, though.  Let them have their fun.  They have a lot of reasons to be optimistic about their year...the regular season has yet to begin.  THAT'S when reality sets in.

I understand what they're saying and they may just be better with us. But they need to stop acting like the Colts have been some second rate organization. Last time I checked we won a super bowl this decade and have had more success than all three teams in the division combined. Better respect the dominance instead of resorting to corny nicknames.

Yeah that is why I rarely go to another teams Board nor am I member at any other Board because some of the stuff their members spew regarding the Colts just gets my blood boiling. It shouldn't bother me but some times the things said about Andrew and Peyton are down right rude and silly. My only experiences on other Boards are really just ESPN - which has a huge range of fans and the Patriots Planet Forum. I have never visited the Jags or Texans Boards.

I don't think the rules here are into allowing links from other boards to do "fan wars".

Honestly, nobody should let it bother them either. I have read numerous forums of other teams and while yes they can be "mean" I don't mind seeing other fans perspectives in general of my team. A lot of my closest friends in sports have actually been fans of other teams.

If you don't want to read it, don't go to other forums or don't take it too personally either. It's sports and supposed to be for fun.

The truth is, the Jags fans should feel somewhat more confident heading into this season too. Let them. The Colts despite what people think here DO have issues until proven otherwise and it's not always sunshine and roses.

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

I don't think the rules here are into allowing links from other boards to do "fan wars".

Honestly, nobody should let it bother them either. I have read numerous forums of other teams and while yes they can be "mean" I don't mind seeing other fans perspectives in general of my team. A lot of my closest friends in sports have actually been fans of other teams.

If you don't want to read it, don't go to other forums or don't take it too personally either. It's sports and supposed to be for fun.

The truth is, the Jags fans should feel somewhat more confident heading into this season too. Let them. The Colts despite what people think here DO have issues until proven otherwise and it's not always sunshine and roses.

Like I said that is why I rarely bother going to any other Boards because most of the stuff that is spewed about the Colts by opposing fans is just garbage anyway. Only reason why I even went over to the Planet was because of DeflateGate. I can accept fair criticism of my team but when somebody wants to say the Colts stink, Andrew is a bust, and Blake Bortles is better than that is just plain stupid, it's actually Trolling. So I just hang here mostly. I don't think we are going to be world beaters but I do think a 10-6 prediction is reasonable and keeping it real.

I have never posted any comment on another teams forum. I did attempt to go to a Patriots forum just to read what was being said after the deflate stuff but it wouldn't let me in because of my zip code. We have an open forum but not all forums are so open it seems. The fandom thing can get very childish and arrogant at times so it's best for me to stay away.

This topic needs to be locked ASAP. This forum has absolutely no business whatsoever posting links to other forums and getting into little playground contest of who has more loyalty to their team.

What did you expect from Jaguars fans? They're not supposed to like your team. 

2 minutes ago, Bogie said:

This topic needs to be locked ASAP. This forum has absolutely no business whatsoever posting links to other forums and getting into little playground contest of who has more loyalty to their team.

I would be worried if I saw a Jags forum with them saying they loved the Colts and wanted us to win. lmao 

I wish we had a Jags or Titans regular here to be honest, would make it more interesting. We have a Texans fan though. (hello Q boy..lmao)

9 minutes ago, Bogie said:

You don't like the Colts and you are here. So when you stroke your Saints and rag on the Colts should you be locked out? As far as posting links, those are done on a daily bases.

Just now, Jules said:

I would be worried if I saw a Jags forum with them saying they loved the Colts and wanted us to win. lmao 

I wish we had a Jags or Titans regular here to be honest, would make it more interesting. We have a Texans fan though. (hello Q boy..lmao)

True, would help this forum a bit if they had some fans from rival teams. I used to say this about the Saints forum, that they needed a couple Tampa Bay and Carolina fans there to give them real insight on our rivals. Sometimes I feel like I am the only Saints fan in the world that legitimately gives Tampa Bay and Carolina credit. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can accept fair criticism of my team but when somebody wants to say the Colts stink, Andrew is a bust, and Blake Bortles is better than that is just plain stupid, it's actually Trolling. So I just hang here mostly. I don't think we are going to be world beaters but I do think a 10-6 prediction is reasonable and keeping it real.

I wouldn't call that trolling honestly, if you look at Bortles numbers. No one is giving that kid credit, and he had the best statistical season of an AFC South quarterback last year. He out played Luck, Mariota, and the two QB's in Houston last year. 

The Jags might actually have a quarterback finally, we'll see this year. This year is the best time they could go 9-7 and win that division since they've proven they can beat the Colts, but they have to get past Houston. 

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I just stay away from other Boards pretty much and with me it's not even about another teams Board liking us, they shouldn't - I get that. Jags fans should hate the Colts. It is just some of the 8 year old crap that is Posted on certain Boards that is plain stupid I don't get. If people would just Post keeping it real and not Troll, any Board would be alot better. That would be like me having a discussion with a Pats fan in here and saying Brady doesnt belong in the GOAT and his team sucks and Brady isn't even close to being better than Peyton! Yeah that is real intelligent haha. Being critical of a team and pointing their weakness's out is one thing but Trolling stupid stuff like Andrew is a bust, Blake Bortles is a better QB and the Colts will be 7-9 or 8-8 is just stupid. I should go to their Board and Post they will go 0-16 so I sound as intelligent as they do.

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

I agree. It would be nice to have more of a selection of teams fans other than so many Patriot fans. There are a couple of Patriots fans I haven't put on ignore because they IMO have a pretty good understanding and do show respect.

7 minutes ago, Bogie said:

True, would help this forum a bit if they had some fans from rival teams. I used to say this about the Saints forum, that they needed a couple Tampa Bay and Carolina fans there to give them real insight on our rivals. Sometimes I feel like I am the only Saints fan in the world that legitimately gives Tampa Bay and Carolina credit. 

I wouldn't call that trolling honestly, if you look at Bortles numbers. No one is giving that kid credit, and he had the best statistical season of an AFC South quarterback last year. He out played Luck, Mariota, and the two QB's in Houston last year. 

The Jags might actually have a quarterback finally, we'll see this year. This year is the best time they could go 9-7 and win that division since they've proven they can beat the Colts, but they have to get past Houston. 

So you really think the Colts will go 8-8 again this season?  Lets make a wager on it. If the Colts do better than 8-8 you post a Grigson picture as your avatar for 90 days. If the Colts go 8-8 or worse I will change my avatar to your choice of Saints player or Saints helmet for 90 days. Lets see how confident you are?

12 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I see what you are saying but 1 good year doesn't make someone better. Andrew had 3 Very Good seasons. We will see this season who's better. Jags still only went 5-11 as a team despite Bortles having a Very Good season statistically.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you really think the Colts will go 8-8 again this season?  Lets make a wager on it. If the Colts do better than 8-8 you post a Grigson picture as your avatar for 90 days. If the Colts go 8-8 or worse I will change my avatar to your choice of Saints player or Saints helmet for 90 days. Lets see how confident you are?

I have already tried betting several people on here that we will better than 8-8 to the people that are picking us 8-8 or worse regarding Avatar's and nobody will bet me. Bogie isn't the only one, we have Colts fans that say 8-8 as well.

What amazes me is how people think the Jags will just magically improve from 5-11 to 9-7 or 10-6 and will win the Division by adding two Rookies to their Defense that potentially could be Great. Those 2 Rooks have a history of injury problems as well. If they win more than 8 games that would a Great season for them. I honestly don't see Bortles throwing 35 TD's again either, that is a career season for some QB's. Throwing over 30 is Very Good - I can see Bortles around 30 realistically. Yet we go 8-8 last season with Andrew missing 9 games, barely lost to Houston without Andrew which decided the Division and all of the sudden we stink in some peoples eyes haha. I'll still say Colts 10-6, Texans 9-7, Jags 8-8, Titans 6-10. Texans could win 10 if Oz is Very Good, JJ Watt's health is questionable at this point regarding his back though, so we will see. Andrew will be back to 100%.

47 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You don't like the Colts and you are here. So when you stroke your Saints and rag on the Colts should you be locked out? As far as posting links, those are done on a daily bases.

Okay, relax. I noticed Bogie has had your feathers ruffled a bit lately, I have know him for a while, since like 2011. He is HARMLESS. And he hardly strokes the Saints, he rarely predicts them to win a lot of games overall and sticks up for Carolina unlike most Saints fans. He actually is an Andrew Luck fan and has been since 2012, believe me.

The thing is like me he does have some concerns about Grigson etc. and this overall team and basic things. I also am not sure I even think the Colts will be very good this year. I think it could go either way......it could work out quite well or it could fall apart. I am not entirely sure yet. It's a tough season for me to call right now.

I am worried about Luck's health, thats all I can say. After last year I have had some concerns big time since it all went down with his body.

I do think it is natural that a lot of people have concerns about Luck and various issues on the team that have not improved in recent seasons. Most I know DO like Andrew Luck, he's a good guy. We want to see him in one piece and I even know Pats fans who like Luck.

Being interested in the Colts too isn't just a Colts fan thing. Heck look at how much time we have spent talking about other teams for years. We all have interest in other teams.....

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What amazes me is how people think the Jags will just magically improve from 5-11 to 9-7 or 10-6 and will win the Division by adding two Rookies to their Defense that potentially could be Great. Those 2 Rooks have a history of injury problems as well. If they win more than 8 games that would a Great season for them. I honestly don't see Bortles throwing 35 TD's again either, that is a career season for some QB's. Throwing over 30 is Very Good - I can see Bortles around 30 realistically. Yet we go 8-8 last season with Andrew missing 9 games, barely lost to Houston without Andrew which decided the Division and all of the sudden we stink in some peoples eyes haha. I'll still say Colts 10-6, Texans 9-7, Jags 8-8, Titans 6-10. Texans could win 10 if Oz is Very Good, JJ Watt's health is questionable at this point regarding his back though, so we will see. Andrew will be back to 100%.

Well it is the NFL and anything can happen.:dunno: I mean who last offseason called Carolina to go 15-1?

I am not sure anyone is crowning the Jags as AFC champs or anything though, let alone the Texans. Neither team is as bad as we sometimes like to think too here.

A lot hinges on the Colts improving and keeping Luck HEALTHY.

A little OT on message boards. I am on a lot of boards. But it is about trying to agree to disagree. And that if you do that and kill them with kindness, then you will survive. Believe me, been on them for give and take thirteen to fourteen years. It is about agreeing do disagreeing.

But still the AFC South has been very weak as the Colts have taken all AFC South Titles in the Manning-Luck era since like 2003 or 2004. Except for last year when it was the Texans. 

It will indeed depend on an healthy Luck.

A lot also depends on how good Brock can be. I admit, I hated he went to Houston and I did like how Brock looked in some games last year. Brock is still a huge x factor in all of this as well.

The funny thing is everyone ignores the Titans, would be sort of hilarious if they rose up and nobody saw it coming. I can't imagine they will though this soon.

57 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

My favorite past-time is visiting Boston news websites and saying "Brady cheats" in the comments. Gets them every time.

I gave you like for that one mainly because if you have been on the Planet they deserve it. The way they rake Peyton and Andrew through the coals is beyond comical. I haven't been over there in a while but there was a couple of Broncos and a Colts fan over there and they actually tried to have a reasonable convo with those people and couldn't. They weren't even Trolling. I have read some of the Posters over there say Peyton isn't even a Top 10 QB of all-time and Andrew is a bust. Not very intelligent at all. I don't say that crap about Brady and he even cheated!

28 minutes ago, Jules said:

A lot also depends on how good Brock can be. I admit, I hated he went to Houston and I did like how Brock looked in some games last year. Brock is still a huge x factor in all of this as well.

The funny thing is everyone ignores the Titans, would be sort of hilarious if they rose up and nobody saw it coming. I can't imagine they will though this soon.

Titans could win 6 or 7 games (I have them at 6) which would be a huge improvement from 2. Brock isnt going to be any worse than what Houston had, question is will he be much better. Even if he's a little better that could get them 10 wins. I dont see them beating us in Indy again though if Andrew is healthy. Regarding the Jags, there are several people in the media picking them to win the Division believe it or not.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Okay, relax. I noticed Bogie has had your feathers ruffled a bit lately, I have know him for a while, since like 2011. He is HARMLESS. And he hardly strokes the Saints, he rarely predicts them to win a lot of games overall and sticks up for Carolina unlike most Saints fans. He actually is an Andrew Luck fan and has been since 2012, believe me.

The thing is like me he does have some concerns about Grigson etc. and this overall team and basic things. I also am not sure I even think the Colts will be very good this year. I think it could go either way......it could work out quite well or it could fall apart. I am not entirely sure yet. It's a tough season for me to call right now.

I am worried about Luck's health, thats all I can say. After last year I have had some concerns big time since it all went down with his body.

I do think it is natural that a lot of people have concerns about Luck and various issues on the team that have not improved in recent seasons. Most I know DO like Andrew Luck, he's a good guy. We want to see him in one piece and I even know Pats fans who like Luck.

Being interested in the Colts too isn't just a Colts fan thing. Heck look at how much time we have spent talking about other teams for years. We all have interest in other teams.....

Regarding Bogie, I like him and we have had some excellent conversations about the history of Football and Basketball and I respect his knowledge. He can be his own worst enemy at times though as he never has anything positive to say about the Colts, puts down Grigs and Peyton quite a bit too. I mean this is a Colts website so I can see why he would rub people the wrong way. You should look at it from the standpoint as well.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Why even go to another team forum if all you bring is negativity to that team? You know it don't set well with the members of that forum but you do it anyway. It is done with the intent to rub members the wrong way. What does that say about the personality of that person? We have other words we would use for someone like that but really cant be said in this forum. Being concerned or objective is one thing while throwing insults is something else all together. What is the purpose or motive to do that in a teams forum when you know exactly the response you will get? Malice.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why even go to another team forum if all you bring is negativity to that team? You know it don't set well with the members of that forum but you do it anyway. It is done with the intent to rub members the wrong way. What does that say about the personality of that person? We have other words we would use for someone like that but really cant be said in this forum. Being concerned or objective is one thing while throwing insults is something else all together. What is the purpose or motive to do that in a teams forum when you know exactly the response you will get? Malice.

I am not really sure why he hates Peyton so much. I have never asked him. Peyton was born in Louisiana for one and it's not like he prevented the Saints from winning a SB, Saints beat him. Peyton is without a doubt a Top 5 QB of all-time as well with 2 SB wins and 5 League MVP's. Almost every Saints fan I have came across loves Peyton because he was born there and Archie played for the Saints. I like Drew Brees, I think he is a Top 20 QB ever and one of the best in his era. I like the Saints actually and have never disliked that team. I could see fans from the AFC South hating on Peyton because we won the Division every year or a Patriots fan hating him because of his battles with Tommy. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Bogie, I like him and we have had some excellent conversations about the history of Football and Basketball and I respect his knowledge. He can be his own worst enemy at times though as he never has anything positive to say about the Colts, puts down Grigs and Peyton quite a bit too. I mean this is a Colts website so I can see why he would rub people the wrong way. You should look at it from the standpoint as well.

I believe that Bogie enjoys getting a rise out of the fans. I see him being someone who frequents many boards and posting comments only to rile people up.  Replying to him only reinforces and encourages that trollish-type behavior.

This is the only board besides Vikings boards that I check out. I stumbled upon this site when I was searching something. I appreciated many of the comments posted by some of the members, especially those of ColtsBlueFL. I decided to join and have not left. I am careful not to post comments that will upset most of the fans, but sometimes a sincere comment with no ill intentions can still upset folks. (Someone once called me a troll. haha )

As for the Jags forum, what else would you expect! There is a reason we are called "fans".

• Nadine locked this topic