Art Jones suspended 4 games

Shepman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Smh should've cut him when they had the chance and saved some money

I think his contract was restructured during the off season. He took a pay cut. But he's still not earned the contract, nonetheless. 

This is absolutely not what we needed -- it's highly likely that Anderson is not going to be 100% come week 1, and losing Jones isn't going to help our DL's cause.... let's hope Ridgeway is the real deal.

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He will not be missed.  in the few games he has played for the Colts he was underwhelming.

Jones made very significant contributions to the run game (when he was healthy -- which isn't really saying much).  He won't be missed, because he has never really been around.  However, he has ability to play every position along the DL,  and with uncertainty surrounding Anderson's availability at the start of the season this suspension doesn't help us.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am kind of wondering if he was taking advice from his younger brother.  Chandler Jones had the 'synthetic marijuana' rumors circulating all over him prior to the Super Bowl.... not a great year for the Jones' boys.

Just now, ColtsFanMikeC said:

This is absolutely not what we needed -- it's highly likely that Anderson is not going to be 100% come week 1, and losing Jones isn't going to help our DL's cause.... let's hope Ridgeway is the real deal.

Jones made very significant contributions to the run game (when he was healthy -- which isn't really saying much).  He won't be missed, because he has never really been around.  However, he has ability to play every position along the DL,  and with uncertainty surrounding Anderson's availability at the start of the season this suspension doesn't help us.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am kind of wondering if he was taking advice from his younger brother.  Chandler Jones had the 'synthetic marijuana' rumors circulating all over him prior to the Super Bowl.... not a great year for the Jones' boys.

You and I have very differing opinions on what constitutes "significant contributions."

In his first year with the Colts, the Colts allowed more YPC with Jones that they did without Jones.  Not that is was the sole reason but the tape showed that after the ball was snapped Jones had very little impact on most plays. But that was his first year in a new defense and first time being the starter rather than a rotational guy, so I was hoping he would improve his 2nd year and maybe he did but he got injured before we could find out.

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You and I have very differing opinions on what constitutes "significant contributions."

In his first year with the Colts, the Colts allowed more YPC with Jones that they did without Jones.  Not that is was the sole reason but the tape showed that after the ball was snapped Jones had very little impact on most plays. But that was his first year in a new defense and first time being the starter rather than a rotational guy, so I was hoping he would improve his 2nd year and maybe he did but he got injured before we could find out.

I'm pretty sure it was about a yard less per carry when he was on the field. I will try find a source for that.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Given what's been going on with his brother I am not surprised but still disappointing.

Both of his brothers, actually.  Chandler Jones had some issue with synthetic marijuana, and Bones Jones is a well-documented cheater.  All three brothers have taken things they shouldn't have been