Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IndyD4U

Bell Suspended 4 games....again

4 posts in this topic

It still dumbfounds me for players to lose the money and risk their futures just to get high. While I am an opponent of legalizing pot till that happens is getting high really worth it at this point? As short as a NFL career is I just cant see it.

On 7/22/2016 at 11:21 AM, crazycolt1 said:

It still dumbfounds me for players to lose the money and risk their futures just to get high. While I am an opponent of legalizing pot till that happens is getting high really worth it at this point? As short as a NFL career is I just cant see it.

Sounds like from the article that he didn't necessarily get caught with any drugs in his system he just missed a test.  

It will be interesting to see what his reasons where.  

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Sounds like from the article that he didn't necessarily get caught with any drugs in his system he just missed a test.  

It will be interesting to see what his reasons where.  

Good point. According to ESPN web site and NLF web site he missed tests. The articles were not specific on how many but  from what I take it was more than one. We shall see I guess when the appeal hearing comes up in a couple of weeks.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I buy his change in attitude, it's refreshing.

But my problems, or I guess my questions, with Pagano are more just about his actual coaching ability. He can change his ways all he wants but we'll see if he's actually able to coach this team up.
    • Part of it is the negative side of a zone blocking scheme.  With zone blocking the line is supposed to flow to the play side so that means a lot of times on even fronts there is a guy unblocked (I don't remember if the D was in an even front or an odd front on this play).  On the play mentioned by the OP (I think it was Turbin on the delay not Mack) without knowing the specifics, that could just as easily be on the QB and not the scheme.  The QB needs to be able to see uncovered defenders, he should have sent the TE in motion to that side.  If there is a defender not covered by the zone, you usually want him near the POA so that player gets caught up in the cluster as the oline flows to the play side.  That is why I think this is on the QB, he has got to know the blocking scheme well enough to identify the player that is not going to get caught up in (we call it the wave but that's because it's easier for 7th graders to understand a wave rather than a moving zone) the wave and adjust the formation accordingly.   It could also be the scheme which, if that's the case, then Philbin needs to be fired immediately.  You cannot develop a blocking scheme that leaves a defender on the LOS unblocked on a delay or misdirection type play, players in the NFL are too fast for that.
    • I'm buying that he is noticeably different in what he says. You can tell in his press conferences that he is vocally expecting more out of players than in previous seasons (atleast publicly). Time will tell if this mantra produces any changes.
    •   Yep, that is why I used the term 'mediocre' for Tolzien, that is why he is a backup and has a limited ceiling, IMO.   I also felt Chud did him no favors in the game vs Cowboys till a few drives later when he called for a few plays down the field (or maybe it took Tolzien a while to realize he had to look for those reads because typically wide outs are available at different levels for most plays called). What I did not like about Tolzien that he chose to run for the goal line twice vs the Steelers last year thinking he was Luck, he should know better not to do a QB scramble by the goal line, he is not as fast as he thinks he is.  
    • 5 Point Plan 1) Ask Ballard to sign me a couple of serviceable backup OL 2) Ask Ballard to sign a decent backup QB so I don't throw up every time my O comes off the field 3) Ask Ballard to sign me a veteran CB who can cover AND tackle 4) Pray 5) Polish up my resume
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

• Redbull

Redbull 4

• OHColtfan

OHColtfan 103

• buccolts

buccolts 2,376

• JRnINDY

JRnINDY 278

• JMichael557

JMichael557 69

• krunk

krunk 7,562

• Yehoodi

Yehoodi 1,013

• twfish

twfish 1,089

• Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt 1,733

• ColtsArmy84

ColtsArmy84 95

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.