Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts season prediction 13-3

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Definitely what we have to do, and that's definitely Luck's achilles heel. It's all about avoiding the turnovers. Put points up early, take control and stop them on defense. Harder than it sounds, but it's the next step to become a SB contender. I want to see Luck keep it under 15 INT's this year with 40 TDs and under 12 INT's would be preferable. 

Definitely a hard offense to play though.  My thing with Pitt is they don't man handle everyone else like that. I just think it's some of the ways we've chosen to play against them, coupled with turnovers.  You'll have a game here or there where they completely dominate and then you'll see them somewhere else against Oakland or another team having a tight game.   And you never know if they'll even have Big Ben by the time we play because he's oft injured. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No Toler is a positive, I'll keep an eye on Patrick Robinson and monitor his progress, as well as the rookie class. A new season brings new hope, just as a new tourney brought new hope in pokemon and poker for me individually, so I know the feeling personally. I'll give the team a chance before being negative. Luck will determine the direction this team goes (no pun intended).

I think Antonio Brown is going to do what he does.  He embarrassed Chris Harris the same way.  To me you have to get control of the other parts of that offense to have success.  That's Martavis Bryant, Wheaton and those other guys.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Definitely a hard offense to play though.  My thing with Pitt is they don't man handle everyone else like that.  You'll have a game here or there where they completely dominate and then you'll see them somewhere else against Oakland or another team having a tight game.   And you never know if they'll even have Big Ben by the time we play because he's oft injured. 

That's true, it might be because they have exposed our defense, not sure. In any case, lets hope we have improved enough to keep up with them. Not sure we can stop Leveon, but if Vontae can stop Brown, that would be a big step to beating them this year in the regular season and possibly in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's true, it might be because they have exposed our defense, not sure. In any case, lets hope we have improved enough to keep up with them. Not sure we can stop Leveon, but if Vontae can stop Brown, that would be a big step to beating them this year in the regular season and possibly in the playoffs.

Defensively I just think Manusky wasn't that good against the big boys in terms of adjustments and the over all game plan. There were also some talent issues as well. I think we've got some improved personnel in some places to play a little bit better. I'm expecting Luck and the Offense to be a lot better under Chudzinski and you also have Philbin tossing in some ideas so that should give us a fighting chance to put up points and control the TOP.  That will take a lot of stress off the D.  I do like that we have a defensive coordinator that is used to preparing game plans for the Steelers 2 times a year so we'll see what happens.  I have a good impression of him so hopefully it translates.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I just think Manusky wasn't that good against the big boys and yes there were some talent issues as well.  I do like that we have a defensive coordinator that is used to preparing game plans for the Steelers 2 times a year so we'll see what happens.  I have a good impression of him so hopefully it translates.

Monachino should be an upgrade, though part of me is worried that Pagano is just hiring friends from the Ravens staff, kinda like how Grigson signs FA's from the Ravens. I'll trust the new hires until they give me a reason not too. Lets see what they got.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Monachino should be an upgrade, though part of me is worried that Pagano is just hiring friends from the Ravens staff, kinda like how Grigson signs FA's from the Ravens. I'll trust the new hires until they give me a reason not too. Lets see what they got.

I can see your concerns with the friends issue, but you have to remember that Monachino was in line to be the Ravens next D Coordinator. The Ravens fans were mad when he left.  You know the Ravens don't play about having good defensive oriented teams so I'm going to assume he's sharp if they were upset.  We'll see in a couple weeks.....

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Now look at this:

Steelers' Le'Veon Bell facing four-game suspension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676126/article/leveon-bell-faces-fourgame-suspension

You never know who we will be facing when that game happens, because this guy seems to get hurt or suspended every year.

It's apparent he's got a weed problem.  That thing might end up getting him banned for a year when it's all said and done.  He'll probably go back and smoke again after the 4 game suspension.  It always seems to me that people with Drug problems also get injured all the time.  They go hand in hand to me on some levels.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Now look at this:

Steelers' Le'Veon Bell facing four-game suspension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676126/article/leveon-bell-faces-fourgame-suspension

You never know who we will be facing when that game happens, because this guy seems to get hurt or suspended every year.

wow, that guy can't stay out of trouble. Thanks for the update! I'll keep an eye on him.

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think they also wanted a guy who was not going to be gone at the drop of a hat like Mike Pettine or somebody else.

Just now, krunk said:

I think they also wanted a guy who was not going to be gone at the drop of a hat like Mike Pettine or somebody else.

Pettine reminds me of that guy who tries hard, but is just bad at his job. Much rather have Monachino over him.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pettine reminds me of that guy who tries hard, but is just bad at his job. Much rather have Monachino over him.

When he was just a DC with the Jets under Rex they had the number 1 D in the league.   I think his situation was similar to Philbin. Bad head coach, Good Coordinator.   He was never the DC of Cleveland.   I'm very comfortable with Monachino though.

When he was just a DC with the Jets under Rex they had the number 1 D in the league.   I think his situation was similar to Philbin. Bad head coach, Good Coordinator.   He was never the DC of Cleveland.   I'm very comfortable with Monachino though.

He knows defense well. He also got screwed over by Manziel pretty bad, ownership wouldn't let him get rid of him for a while. Probably does deserve a job as a D-Coordinator. What time does Camp start?

I liked a lot of the responses here.  I did not read all of them.  I think with a lot of unknowns the season could be 9-7.

However, Luck is healthy and we have Coach Philbin working with the OL.  The DL gets better if Art Jones can play.  Could be some run stuffing.  The Defensive backfield is better with addition by subtraction.  I think everybody needs to be concerned with the LB corp.  Specifically inside.  We really need Sio Moore and Nate Irving to get after it.  I believe that Monachino may be the man I have always wanted to attack.

11-5 here.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He knows defense well. He also got screwed over by Manziel pretty bad, ownership wouldn't let him get rid of him for a while. Probably does deserve a job as a D-Coordinator. What time does Camp start?

Not sure the time ,but I know it starts on the 26th of next week.

10 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I liked a lot of the responses here.  I did not read all of them.  I think with a lot of unknowns the season could be 9-7.

However, Luck is healthy and we have Coach Philbin working with the OL.  The DL gets better if Art Jones can play.  Could be some run stuffing.  The Defensive backfield is better with addition by subtraction.  I think everybody needs to be concerned with the LB corp.  Specifically inside.  We really need Sio Moore and Nate Irving to get after it.  I believe that Monachino may be the man I have always wanted to attack.

11-5 here.

I actually think we've got a good reserve of talent on the inside.  I think Moore is a better player and leader than Jerrell Freeman. Nate Irving is talented at stuffing the run.  I like Antonio Morrison and Junior Sylvestre.  The team had good reviews on Trevor Bates in the offseason. They had said he can play outside or inside so that's another guy who can run and has really good size if added to the mix. I think we have some good young pieces mixed with the veterans. And of course we have the old man Dqwell Jackson.  I think it's a good group from my view point.

With the solid reserve of D Linemen we have the ILB should not have many problems doing their jobs this time around.  We don't have anymore pieces like Josh Crapman and Montori Confused up there.  Guys who teams have no concerns with running up the gut against.

I actually think we've got a good reserve of talent on the inside.  I think Moore is a better player and leader than Jerrell Freeman. Nate Irving is talented at stuffing the run.  I like Antonio Morrison and Junior Sylvestre.  The team had good reviews on Trevor Bates in the offseason. They had said he can play outside or inside so that's another guy who can run and has really good size if added to the mix. I think we have some good young pieces mixed with the veterans. And of course we have the old man Dqwell Jackson.  I think it's a good group from my view point.

I really want a chance to see these guys at camp to see what we really have.  At this point of the season, we cannot evaluate Morrison and Bates.  I always have liked Sylvestre getting to the ball.

I will be happy to see the results that you suggest....and D'qwell will still hit some people!!  :colts:

14 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I really want a chance to see these guys at camp to see what we really have.  At this point of the season, we cannot evaluate Morrison and Bates.  I always have liked Sylvestre getting to the ball.

I will be happy to see the results that you suggest....and D'qwell will still hit some people!!  :colts:

Yeah it has to be proven on the field of course, but I do think there are some guys there with Talent.  I don't think it's a group lacking ability. We'll see.

I actually think we are kind of lacking Talent at safety.  Mike Adams is old although he can still play.  I have a fair amount of concern whether Clayton Geathers can cover in space and he's one of those BoB Sanders types so he'll probably be injured a good couple games this year.  TJ Green has a lot talent but the consensus seems to be he needs to kind of sit back and observe a little bit.  Some of those blown coverages he had in College if you go back and look are scary. Beyond that we've got Southward who's got some experience.  We already know they ain't putting Guy back there and then you have some of the UDFA guys like Mclure(who I like).  There's not a lot that excites me with that safety group.

I'm looking at some of these games from last year and I see Dwight Lowery come up man to man on a guy and I'm asking myself where they are going to get that from Clayton Geathers?  Not unless they are going to put TJ Green in the game when they need to do that. Or Dezmen Southward who runs a 4.3.  I have concerns in that arena but I'll give it a chance. Monachino did say he won't ask a guy to do what is against their strength so we'll see.  

17 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I almost went with 12-4, but after getting the % knocked out of the colts all of last year as a team, and getting the breaks knocked off them in the AFCCG the year before, this year has a new feel for me. 

I love players, but I love coaches even more. The colts have the ability to control TOP. I believe joe philbin will do wonders for this oline which I also believe has gone under the radar. Idk about you guys but from what I have read, philbin is an amazing quick tempo coach. Wouldn't be surprised to see no huddle implemented more this year with a capable oline.

As for Chuck not being a good game manager, you don't need to worry as much about that, when your team has the ability to control TOP.

chuck has mainly not been great on 4th down calls or maybe some timeouts, idk what else makes him a bad game manager (not that you said it). 

I know my prediction is bold but we are hitting year 5 in the Andrew Luck era, and I'm honestly expecting a good fireworks show (not saying pass heavy). 

Agreed.

It'll be fun to revisit these 8-8 or 7-9 predictions if the Colts start off with a nice 4 or 5 game win streak. All those folks will be singing a completely different tune if the team starts off hot.

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, you are the laughing stock of the Colts forum, so I guess you would know about laughing stocks. Did your buddies at the Saints forum kick you out or something? Take your trolling there.

Never has one man been so wrong on so many subjects as Boogie.

19 hours ago, Jules said:

The first 4 games IMO will tell the whole story of our season possibly.

It's going to be a load early on with the Lions/Broncos/Chargers/Jaguars; very physical games.

That murderers row of one playoff team.......

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't think team are linimg up to hire Pettine lol

Then again Norv and Bum Jr had multiple HC gigs.

On July 21, 2016 at 10:32 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I spelled out my points,  and of course,  ignored them.

We've never been better than 11-5 in any season of the last four.      Our opponents have all brought in more talent than we have.

There's no reason --- read: ZERO --- to think this adds up to a 13--3 season.     That's fan talk. 

There's no member of the media anywhere that's predicting 13 wins.     Or 12 wins.     Or 11 wins.    Not even sure there are many predicting 10 wins.        Only a fan predicts such nonsense.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion,   you are.      Just don't be surprised when few take it seriously.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, obviously. And I addressed half of what you said in my original post about our division rivals. You wanna say that our division rivals have brought in more talent than we have. What is the division record over the last three years? I am basing my predictions off of what I know about the Luck era, and that is simply that currently speaking none of our division opponents have done % for the last 4 years. Who in our division has made the playoffs in the last 4 years? The Texans. Once. 

I think it's a little bit premature obviously, but all predictions are premature. No? 

And im sorry but if you're basing your opinions off of what the media is saying, then idk what constitutes as facts to you. 

The facts say our division hasn't done a thing for more than 4 years if you wanna be honest about it. In fact, it's pretty sad that they aren't better than us considering for the last 10 years they have had some pretty killer draft positions. 

I mean you could blame that on coaching staff. 

But when I watch the colts do good for 3 seasons and improve every year, until season 4 where rumors start flying about coaching staff disunity, and then a change in coaching staff this last offseason occurs, I'm going to say we are going to build on the previous 3 seasons of success. I'm saying that last season was a learning experience for the entire organization. 

I am not putting emphasis on the players we have drafted or signed this offseason. I AM putting emphasis on our oline coach joe philbin.

you change the way our oline plays, and all of a sudden this offense is elite. 

I didnt ignore  what you said but I'm kind of wondering if you even read my post or just saw my prediction, which I would understand why it seems childish and outlandish. 

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

We are all entitled to our own opinions, obviously. And I addressed half of what you said in my original post about our division rivals. You wanna say that our division rivals have brought in more talent than we have. What is the division record over the last three years? I am basing my predictions off of what I know about the Luck era, and that is simply that currently speaking none of our division opponents have done % for the last 4 years. Who in our division has made the playoffs in the last 4 years? The Texans. Once. 

I think it's a little bit premature obviously, but all predictions are premature. No? 

And im sorry but if you're basing your opinions off of what the media is saying, then idk what constitutes as facts to you. 

The facts say our division hasn't done a thing for more than 4 years if you wanna be honest about it. In fact, it's pretty sad that they aren't better than us considering for the last 10 years they have had some pretty killer draft positions. 

I mean you could blame that on coaching staff. 

But when I watch the colts do good for 3 seasons and improve every year, until season 4 where rumors start flying about coaching staff disunity, and then a change in coaching staff this last offseason occurs, I'm going to say we are going to build on the previous 3 seasons of success. I'm saying that last season was a learning experience for the entire organization. 

I am not putting emphasis on the players we have drafted or signed this offseason. I AM putting emphasis on our oline coach joe philbin.

you change the way our oline plays, and all of a sudden this offense is elite. 

I didnt ignore  what you said but I'm kind of wondering if you even read my post or just saw my prediction, which I would understand why it seems childish and outlandish. 

There's no one here who has pumped up the new coaches more than me --- and that especially includes Joe Philbin.       I get how important all the new coaches are to the teams success,   and of course that includes Philbin.

But we have far more questions than we do answers.       And since we've never won more than 11 games in the last 4 years and all of our division rivals are far improved from where they've been in the last 4 years,  then I simply don't think it's reasonable to predict.

Now.....   here's something I want to make clear......

I'M NOT SAYING WINNING 13 GAMES CAN'T HAPPEN.     I'M SAYING IT'S HIGHLY, HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

So, is winning 13 games possible?     Yes.     But the odds of it happening are incredibly small.

I haven't seen a predicting anywhere that has the Colts winning 11 games.    Or 12 games.    Or 13 games.

That makes your prediction one of a fan.    From a fan's perspective it makes sense.     But it doesn't add up to people who cover football for a living.    Who follow this stuff far more than you and I do.     There's no logic to it.      None at all.        That's why I called this fan-boy.

By the way,  some of my comments that you've responded to,  were not meant for you.     That were meant for another poster who jumped into the conversation.       Just wanted to clarify.

The fun starts next week!      Will be interesting to actually see the Colts on the field.

Good luck to all of us!!    :thmup:

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's no one here who has pumped up the new coaches more than me --- and that especially includes Joe Philbin.       I get how important all the new coaches are to the teams success,   and of course that includes Philbin.

But we have far more questions than we do answers.       And since we've never won more than 11 games in the last 4 years and all of our division rivals are far improved from where they've been in the last 4 years,  then I simply don't think it's reasonable to predict.

Now.....   here's something I want to make clear......

I'M NOT SAYING WINNING 13 GAMES CAN'T HAPPEN.     I'M SAYING IT'S HIGHLY, HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

So, is winning 13 games possible?     Yes.     But the odds of it happening are incredibly small.

I haven't seen a predicting anywhere that has the Colts winning 11 games.    Or 12 games.    Or 13 games.

That makes your prediction one of a fan.    From a fan's perspective it makes sense.     But it doesn't add up to people who cover football for a living.    Who follow this stuff far more than you and I do.     There's no logic to it.      None at all.        That's why I called this fan-boy.

By the way,  some of my comments that you've responded to,  were not meant for you.     That were meant for another poster who jumped into the conversation.       Just wanted to clarify.

The fun starts next week!      Will be interesting to actually see the Colts on the field.

Good luck to all of us!!    :thmup:

I love ICF's optimism, it's better than people getting on here saying we will go 8-8. I do agree with you however that I think 10-6 is reasonable and what you and I both predict, I think I remember you saying 10-6. 11-5 is probably the ceiling as it has been in the Luck era. I would love to see 13-3 though haha 

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I wish I had your optimism. I see 8-8 at best. Everyone is improving and our defense is still horrible. The offensive line will determine how successful we are but we must remember that all the additions we have made are rookies. 

Everyone improving has yet to be determined. The defense really didn't play that bad last season, It was the offense who was terrible and reflected on the defense. Too many three and outs and no ball control.

I think if we win 10 games we had a great season. (Besides playoffs obviously.

i see our division beating each other up and splitting games. We'll of course lose a couple we "should" win and winning a couple that perhaps we shouldn't have.

we have new coaches, a noticeably different defense, new OL pieces, and many players coming back from injuries.

i can see us losing about 3 in the division and 3 or so thru the other games.  We also have some late season cold weather games.

10-6 or 9-7 is my un-biased guess.  The Colts fan in me hopes 11-5 (or better of course).

one thing I see as probable tho.  In our division, I think only the division champ will make the playoffs.  In my humble opinion.  And I' m being optimistic I feel.

On July 22, 2016 at 10:10 AM, krunk said:

I think Antonio Brown is going to do what he does.  He embarrassed Chris Harris the same way.  To me you have to get control of the other parts of that offense to have success.  That's Martavis Bryant, Wheaton and those other guys.

Bryant is suspended for the year, we don't have to worry about him.