Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts season prediction 13-3

I like the optimism! 

However if I'm trying to guess closely or correctly my prediction would be:

There will be atleast 2-3 games the Colts get spanked this year. That's just the Colts thing! haha Probably a couple more close losses.

My guess is 6 total losses. Those being to 

Denver

Chargers

Texans

Steelers

Jags

Vikings

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

You want me to say 16 and 0 instead? Running game and D (except our secondary perhaps) still ongoing issue. Ok 10 and 6 if Luck doesn't get sacked away due to our o-line. , Chuck is still the coach and not the best game manager.

C'mon dude, I didn't say that at all, nor did I even remotely imply that they'll go undefeated. But I do believe that the o-line will be much improved, unless every single starter suffers an early season-ending injury. That will automatically make the run game better, and Luck will also take less sacks by default. And I don't see how you can look at the defensive line and not consider it maybe the biggest strength, not only on defense, but on the entire team. There's easily more depth and talent there than any other position group. You're right, the secondary will be very solid, but I feel like you're completely overlooking the talent along the defensive front. As far as pass rush goes, it's gonna be a wait and see kind of deal, because it's a new DC, but I see them playing better than what people are expecting.

All that said, I say 10-6 at worst, 12-4 at best.

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

C'mon dude, I didn't say that at all, nor did I even remotely imply that they'll go undefeated. But I do believe that the o-line will be much improved, unless every single starter suffers an early season-ending injury. That will automatically make the run game better, and Luck will also take less sacks by default. And I don't see how you can look at the defensive line and not consider it maybe the biggest strength, not only on defense, but on the entire team. There's easily more depth and talent there than any other position group. You're right, the secondary will be very solid, but I feel like you're completely overlooking the talent along the defensive front. As far as pass rush goes, it's gonna be a wait and see kind of deal, because it's a new DC, but I see them playing better than what people are expecting.

All that said, I say 10-6 at worst, 12-4 at best.

I almost went with 12-4, but after getting the % knocked out of the colts all of last year as a team, and getting the breaks knocked off them in the AFCCG the year before, this year has a new feel for me. 

I love players, but I love coaches even more. The colts have the ability to control TOP. I believe joe philbin will do wonders for this oline which I also believe has gone under the radar. Idk about you guys but from what I have read, philbin is an amazing quick tempo coach. Wouldn't be surprised to see no huddle implemented more this year with a capable oline.

As for Chuck not being a good game manager, you don't need to worry as much about that, when your team has the ability to control TOP.

chuck has mainly not been great on 4th down calls or maybe some timeouts, idk what else makes him a bad game manager (not that you said it). 

I know my prediction is bold but we are hitting year 5 in the Andrew Luck era, and I'm honestly expecting a good fireworks show (not saying pass heavy). 

5 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I always appreciate optimism, but I see us being more of a 10-6 or 11-5 team but I think we should still win the division. Chuck's teams always seem to blow one that they shouldn't along the way.

To Chuck's credit he has finally hired some quality coaches.....for the offense anyway.  That should help some of the wth? games

I don't know why anyone would predict 13-3?      I mean,  where's the logic behind that?

Our biggest improvement will hopefully come with coaching and a return to health of Luck.

But our three division rivals have all improved far more than we have.    We've never won more than 11 games in any of the last 4 years,   what reason on earth is there to predict 13 wins?

This is fan-boy talk.      This is not logical, reasoned talk.

Come one......   let's be reasonable and realistic.

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why anyone would predict 13-3?      I mean,  where's the logic behind that?

Our biggest improvement will hopefully come with coaching and a return to health of Luck.

But our three division rivals have all improved far more than we have.    We've never won more than 11 games in any of the last 4 years,   what reason on earth is there to predict 13 wins?

10-6 IMO. I agree. That is still a solid season.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

There is nothing unrealistic about my prediction. Any more unrealistic than to say the colts will go 8-8. Any given Sunday and I say we win 13. What isn't considered fanboy talk? Wouldn't I have to be on the team to be considered non-fanboy talk?

coaching staff can change everything. Just look at belichick. 

Unrealistic is 15-1 or 16-0. Many teams who shouldn't win do, without prior history like the panthers or Ravens a few years ago winning the SB. 

Not unrealistic at all.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Our division foes have all imported far more than us??? Since when has that been proven on the field yet??? I think you may be in for some supprises when the season gets underway.

43 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

There is nothing unrealistic about my prediction. Any more unrealistic than to say the colts will go 8-8. Any given Sunday and I say we win 13. What isn't considered fanboy talk? Wouldn't I have to be on the team to be considered non-fanboy talk?

coaching staff can change everything. Just look at belichick. 

Unrealistic is 15-1 or 16-0. Many teams who shouldn't win do, without prior history like the panthers or Ravens a few years ago winning the SB. 

Not unrealistic at all.

I spelled out my points,  and of course,  ignored them.

We've never been better than 11-5 in any season of the last four.      Our opponents have all brought in more talent than we have.

There's no reason --- read: ZERO --- to think this adds up to a 13--3 season.     That's fan talk. 

There's no member of the media anywhere that's predicting 13 wins.     Or 12 wins.     Or 11 wins.    Not even sure there are many predicting 10 wins.        Only a fan predicts such nonsense.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion,   you are.      Just don't be surprised when few take it seriously.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

The first 4 games IMO will tell the whole story of our season possibly.

It's going to be a load early on with the Lions/Broncos/Chargers/Jaguars; very physical games.

If we start 3-0, that will set the tone to the season and we will definitely win 10 games then. We should beat the Lions, Sanchize and crew, and the Chargers here at LOS.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I spelled out my points,  and of course,  ignored them.

We've never been better than 11-5 in any season of the last four.      Our opponents have all brought in more talent than we have.

There's no reason --- read: ZERO --- to think this adds up to a 13--3 season.     That's fan talk. 

There's no member of the media anywhere that's predicting 13 wins.     Or 12 wins.     Or 11 wins.    Not even sure there are many predicting 10 wins.        Only a fan predicts such nonsense.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion,   you are.      Just don't be surprised when few take it seriously.

It is his prediction, just as yours is that we won't go 13-3. He isn't trying to convince you.

With that being said, i see us going 10-6. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

It is his prediction, just as yours is that we won't go 13-3. He isn't trying to convince you.

With that being said, i see us going 10-6. 

10 is my number. That is realistic and doable. That is a Very Good season if we can go deep in the Playoffs. I think it will take 10 wins to win the Division because the Texans and maybe the Jags will be on the cusp of 9 or 10 as well.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not to mention, with your logic, predicting the colts would go 8-8 last season and miss the playoffs would be completely "unrealistic". Every season with luck we had made the playoffs and advanced in them every year. So saying that his predicition is off base simply because we haven't done that well under luck is also "off base"

But continue on..

6 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Not to mention, with your logic, predicting the colts would go 8-8 last season and miss the playoffs would be completely "unrealistic". Every season with luck we had made the playoffs and advanced in them every year. So saying that his predicition is off base simply because we haven't done that well under luck is also "off base"

But continue on..

I don't think anyone would've said the Panthers would go 15-1 after going 7-8-1. The NFL where anything can happen haha They do have a much better Defense than us but we could go 11-5 which isn't an unrealistic stretch if Andrew is old Andrew. To predict more than 11 wins is a bit silly but who knows what can happen?

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we start 3-0, that will set the tone to the season and we will definitely win 10 games then. We should beat the Lions, Sanchize and crew, and the Chargers here at LOS.

Colts have a bad history of starting slow. That can't happen this year. Since they have to win the first two or at least go 1-1 to start the year.

Weeks 3 and 4 will be tough hosting the Chargers (even if they suck they often give us fits) and on the road to the Jags (who play us at times like it's the Super Bowl).

No room for error this year with a slow start I think. Have to have a faster then normal start.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Colts have a bad history of starting slow. That can't happen this year. Since they have to win the first two or at least go 1-1 to start the year.

Weeks 3 and 4 will be tough hosting the Chargers (even if they suck they often give us fits) and on the road to the Jags (who play us at times like it's the Super Bowl).

No room for error this year with a slow start I think. Have to have a faster then normal start.

Yeah we cant start 0-2 again. If we do we are in big trouble. Lions should be a win, Denver still has a dangerous D and is probably a 9 or 10 win team but we usually beat them, and the Chargers aren't that good. We need take advantage of those games and start 3-0. If we can beat the Jags in London we have the Bears at LOS after that. We have a chance to start 5-0 actually. The schedule gets tougher after that.

22 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

But continue on..

Huh?

I'm glad you understand what you wrote,  because I sure don't........

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we cant start 0-2 again. If we do we are in big trouble. Lions should be a win, Denver still has a dangerous D and is probably a 9 or 10 win team but we usually beat them, and the Chargers aren't that good. We need take advantage of those games and start 3-0. If we can beat the Jags in London we have the Bears at LOS after that. We have a chance to start 5-0 actually. The schedule gets tougher after that.

Oh I forgot the Jags game is in London. No idea now what to think about that....

I just think weeks 3 and 4 will be big for us. I swear though if we lose to the Chargers AGAIN.:hissy:

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

I'm glad you understand what you wrote,  because I sure don't........

To simplify, I am basically saying that you stating his prediction is "unrealistic" is just as unrealistic as saying the colts would go 8-8 this prior season. And I can state that because your entire basis for what you said relied upon what has happened in the Luck Era.

But i get it, reading is hard.

13-3? They'll be lucky if they win 8 games this year. This team got a major reality check last year, as they were flat out exposed badly by good teams outside the AFC South that whooped them. The days of racking up 6 easy wins against meaningless divisional opponents are gone. Jacksonville hung 50 on this team last year and the Texans beat them too. They're going to have problems with their rivals in the future for now on. 

No team in the AFC South has a roster built to go 13-3. It has always been, and still is the worst division in the AFC. No one wanted to win the division last year, Houston could win it again at 9-7 this year.

The Colts just sold their ticket to mediocrity for the future with Luck's insane contract. If he gets injured again this year, that contract is going to make this team the laughing stock of the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Bogie said:

13-3? They'll be lucky if they win 8 games this year. This team got a major reality check last year, as they were flat out exposed badly by good teams outside the AFC South that whooped them. The days of racking up 6 easy wins against meaningless divisional opponents are gone. Jacksonville hung 50 on this team last year and the Texans beat them too. They're going to have problems with their rivals in the future for now on. 

No team in the AFC South has a roster built to go 13-3. It has always been, and still is the worst division in the AFC. No one wanted to win the division last year, Houston could win it again at 9-7 this year.

The Colts just sold their ticket to mediocrity for the future with Luck's insane contract. If he gets injured again this year, that contract is going to make this team the laughing stock of the NFL. 

Well, you are the laughing stock of the Colts forum, so I guess you would know about laughing stocks. Did your buddies at the Saints forum kick you out or something? Take your trolling there.

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

To simplify, I am basically saying that you stating his prediction is "unrealistic" is just as unrealistic as saying the colts would go 8-8 this prior season. And I can state that because your entire basis for what you said relied upon what has happened in the Luck Era.

But i get it, reading is hard.

Let's not get drawn in to a long discussion or debate.

If you think the two positions are both equally reasonably plausible or implausible --- fine.

We'll just agree to disagree,  and leave it at that.

Oh,  and for the record,  I didn't predict the Colts going 8-8.    Other posters did.

My personal prediction is 10-6.       But, we can continue to agree to disagree.

It's probably best......

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

I think you are over valuing how good the Texans and Jags will be. We only lost to the Texans last season because Andrew was out and anyone with a high Football IQ knows that which you have. I am not sold on Osweiler or the Jags overall. If either of those teams win more than 9 games I would be surprised. Colts winning 9 wouldn't surprise me at all. If the Colts beat the Jags in London we will go 5-1 in the Division. At worse we will be 4-2 so that is at least 4 wins right there. We aren't losing to the Lions, Bears, or Chargers either. So right there we have 7 or 8 games we wont lose. I am sure we will win a couple others like maybe at NY, if they don't sign Fitz they wont be any good, at Minnesota and Oakland are real winnable as well. We usually beat the Chiefs as well and they have to come here. I can definitely see the Colts going 10-6, 9-7 at worse and that isn't even fanboy speak.

7 hours ago, Bogie said:

And all of this is coming from a Saints fan?  A team that hasn't made the playoffs in quite a while in the mighty NFC South. One of the worst divisions in the NFC over the past couple of years.  Why aren't they picking up those easy divisional wins and punching a ticket to the playoffs like the Colts supposedly do?

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you are over valuing how good the Texans and Jags will be. We only lost to the Texans last season because Andrew was out and anyone with a high Football IQ knows that which you have. I am not sold on Osweiler or the Jags overall. If either of those teams win more than 9 games I would be surprised. Colts winning 9 wouldn't surprise me at all. If the Colts beat the Jags in London we will go 5-1 in the Division. At worse we will be 4-2 so that is at least 4 wins right there. We aren't losing to the Lions, Bears, or Chargers either. So right there we have 7 or 8 games we wont lose. I am sure we will win a couple others like maybe at NY, if they don't sign Fitz they wont be any good, at Minnesota and Oakland are real winnable as well. We usually beat the Chiefs as well and they have to come here. I can definitely see the Colts going 10-6, 9-7 at worse and that isn't even fanboy speak.

2006, don't give Bogie the time of day. He's just seeing how many people he can rile up on the forum. When do you see him say anything positive about the Colts? He doesn't. He's a baiter to start fights, plain and simple. The funny thing is, when he does talk trash, he's a fan of the Saints, a team that isn't much better (if at all better), than the Colts. They'll be the Panthers whipping boy for the next decade. At least we'll probably be making the playoffs every year. If I've learned something from playing fantasy sports for money and playing the pokemon tcg as a kid in major tournaments, you just have to make the playoffs and anything can happen. The Saints won't even be doing that much anymore, unless it's as a wildcard.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

And all of this is coming from a Saints fan?  A team that hasn't made the playoffs in quite a while in the mighty NFC South. One of the worst divisions in the NFC over the past couple of years.  Why aren't they picking up those easy divisional wins and punching a ticket to the playoffs like the Colts supposedly do?

Exactly, Brees actually started to decline last year a lot. He may be back to normal this year, but they won't finish with a better record than the Panthers. Heck, even Tampa Bay or Atlanta may give the Saints fits, though I'm sure Bogie would argue that New Orleans always beats Atlanta, it's a moot point that things can change anytime in the NFL. They'll be fighting for a wildcard spot for the next decade as long as Cam is healthy. Even after that, Drew Brees will be gone, and they'll be rebuilding. We'll probably have at worst a couple SB appearances and maybe a SB by then. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Exactly, Brees actually started to decline last year a lot. He may be back to normal this year, but they won't finish with a better record than the Panthers. Heck, even Tampa Bay or Atlanta may give the Saints fits, though I'm sure Bogie would argue that New Orleans always beats Atlanta, it's a moot point that things can change anytime in the NFL. They'll be fighting for a wildcard spot for the next decade as long as Cam is healthy. Even after that, Drew Brees will be gone, and they'll be rebuilding. We'll probably have at worst a couple SB appearances and maybe a SB by then. 

Yes!  Going back to the central point of my post, it kills me when people say " Oh the Colts are only good because of their division".  But there have been equally bad divisions across the NFL over the years and none of them can seem to do what the Colts do.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yes!  Going back to the central point of my post, it kills me when people say " Oh the Colts are only good because of their division".  But there have been equally bad divisions across the NFL over the years and none of them can seem to do what the Colts do.

The funny thing is, we get more breaks to make the playoffs because of our division, but Bogie is barking up the wrong tree if he thinks his division hasn't been the NFC version of our division every year til last year. Plenty of opportunity to win until the Panthers finally broke out. Hypocrisy at it's best. I normally wouldn't call him out, but he just does his normal trashing of the Colts, then slithers away like the worm he is. Nothing but a baiter to start fights on the forums.

I'm not making any prediction on win-loss record, because anything could happen to change things.

The teams I'm most concerned about are the Chargers (No matter their record, they seem to have the Colts number); the Raiders (unpredictable, and they have talent ), and the Steelers. (that team scares me, for some reason.)

Denver doesn't intimidate me at all. I think that we'll split the games with the Jaguars, possible losing the one in London.

What I'm wanting to know is how is it these other teams in these other sorry divisions, how is it they can't take advantage of these so called "breaks" and get in the playoffs the way the Colts are perceived to do?   Maybe the Colts are just a little bit better than the perception.  When it's time to push all the chips to the table the Colts get it done and they don't.

14 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I'm not making any prediction on win-loss record, because anything could happen to change things.

The teams I'm most concerned about are the Chargers (No matter their record, they seem to have the Colts number); the Raiders (unpredictable, and they have talent ), and the Steelers. (that team scares me, for some reason.)

Denver doesn't intimidate me at all. I think that we'll split the games with the Jaguars, possible losing the one in London.

Pittsburgh doesn't scare me as much with Luck at the QB, improved O Line and ground game.  We had no problems scoring on them even when the line wasn't that great.  Game would have been even closer if he didn't throw that pick 6 and I believe another turnover of his.  A couple changes here or there in how we play them defensively and I think we can beat Pitt. 

With hasslebeck as the QB now that's a whole different story. He couldn't move the ball consistently to save his life. O Line didn't help him much either.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Pittsburgh doesn't scare me as much with Luck at the QB.  We had no problems scoring on them.  Game would have been even closer if he didn't throw that pick 6 and I believe another turnover of his.  A couple changes here or there in how we play them defensively and I think we can win that game. 

This is where we disagree. Pittsburgh scares the crap out of me and I think we have no game plan to beat them every time. Vontae Davis, as good as he is, is no match for Antonio Brown, and Brown is the perfect speedy receiver to continually beat Davis on the outside and burn him. Leveon Bell is probably the best RB in the NFL when healthy and Big Ben is still very good and seems to dissect our defense. Their defense is average, but Luck has trouble finding open WR's when facing them and we just fall behind quick and are forced to play catch up and pass the whole game (becoming predictable). Hope we have a better plan this time around.

This is where we disagree. Pittsburgh scares the crap out of me and I think we have no game plan to beat them every time. Vontae Davis, as good as he is, is no match for Antonio Brown, and Brown is the perfect speedy receiver to continually beat Davis on the outside and burn him. Leveon Bell is probably the best RB in the NFL when healthy and Big Ben is still very good and seems to dissect our defense. Their defense is average, but Luck has trouble finding open WR's when facing them and we just fall behind quick and are forced to play catch up and pass the whole game (becoming predictable). Hope we have a better plan this time around.

We scored 35 plus points in that game with absolutely no running game to speak of.  That doesn't spell trouble finding WRs

We scored 35 plus points in that game.  That doesn't spell trouble finding WRs

For some reason I was confusing Luck with Hasselback's 45-10 blowout, my bad. I will maintain though that a lot of Luck's points were garbage points though, so we need to score early to stay in the game.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Anytime you get blown out it's never as bad as it looked.  A couple key mistakes that if executed differently there is a different result.   Even with Hasslebeck at QB last year that game was within reach at halftime.  No way you can win when your QB is turning the ball over, 3 and out, and whatever else killed our drives against them.  They have a good offense, but if you play sound football the scores don't end up the way they did.

For some reason I was confusing Luck with Hasselback's 45-10 blowout, my bad. I will maintain though that a lot of Luck's points were garbage points though, so we need to score early to stay in the game.

Not garbage points. We scored with consistency through out that game.  Some of the coming back had to do with turning the football over and stuff like that pick 6 he threw.  Get the turnovers under control and you're talking about a different game I believe.

Just now, krunk said:

Not garbage points. We scored with consistency through out that game.  Some of the coming back had to do with turning the football over and stuff like that pick 6 he threw.  Get the turnovers under control and you're talking about a different game I believe.

Definitely what we have to do, and that's definitely Luck's achilles heel. It's all about avoiding the turnovers. Put points up early, take control and stop them on defense. Harder than it sounds, but it's the next step to become a SB contender. I want to see Luck keep it under 15 INT's this year with 40 TDs and under 12 INT's would be preferable. 

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Defensively I do believe we were lacking some talent in a couple areas, but also it's making proper adjustments and schemes against what they do.    We won't have Toler this time to get bullied around and I think we've added some speed to match up with some of the other WRS they have.  Hard to see right now, but I think it will be more apparent once the preseason and the games begins.  I'm okay with you disagreeing with me for right now. 

Defensively I do believe we were lacking some talent in a couple areas, but also it's making proper adjustments and schemes against what they do.    We won't have Toler this time to get bullied around and I think we've added some speed to match up with some of the other WRS they have.  Hard to see right now, but I think it will be more apparent once the preseason and the games begins.  I'm okay with you disagreeing with me for right now. 

No Toler is a positive, I'll keep an eye on Patrick Robinson and monitor his progress, as well as the rookie class. A new season brings new hope, just as a new tourney brought new hope in pokemon and poker for me individually, so I know the feeling personally. I'll give the team a chance before being negative. Luck will determine the direction this team goes (no pun intended).