Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts season prediction 13-3

We open the gate against the lions. I don't expect to honestly see us lose this game. Calvin Johnson the lions number one target, has retired no?

Colts 0-1 just because we always start slow.

After that we play Denver who honestly could be hard to beat than many think. Yes Peyton is gone which is why I think this maybe a trap game in some ways. As long as the colts can maintain mental toughness this season I see a win here too.

Colts 1-1

The chargers, always, play us tough. I don't think Andrew has beat them yet either. And I don't see why something so consistent will change here against the chargers in week 3.

I have my doubts, but I'm going to say we finally climb over this wall. 

Colts 2-1

Its the first game against the Jaguars since their "amazing draft", but as Colts fans have watched it isn't just about the players but the coaching and player development that counts. Jaguars and player development, isn't exactly stellar. 

Colts 3-1

Da Bears I can't say I have heard any noise on. 

But I don't follow every NFL team. I'm going to go based off of knowing what I know about the Colts, and my expectations, 

Colts 4-1

Colts vs Texans. We will by this point, know roughly the strengths and weaknesses that teams posses this year. You don't need stellar defense to stop the Texans offense. And the colts don't have a problem with beating good defense (other than the patriots who really don't have that good a D).

Colts 5-1

now we are really on a role. Emotions are running high, everyone is feeling good about where the season is headed. It's like the good ole days with Peyton. Colts will blow out the Titans on our first meeting of the year. 

Colts 6-1

next comes the Chiefs where I think we will lose. I honestly think we are going to get a big head right about now, being on a 6 game win streak. But honestly, we could also blow them out. It could go either way. We have a good history of beating them. 

Colts 6-2

The packers are a shell of their former selves. I really don't see them doing much this year. 

Colts 7-2

And against the Titans again only at home. 

8-2

if our running game is on par, we will beat the steelers. Important to really control TOP in this game. Long, sustaining drives. Move the chains. Just move the chains. Baby steps are so much easier. 

9-2

Oh the Jets. Does anyone know much about the jets these days? It seams they are really new right now. Could be good or bad for the Colts. 

10-2

Texans at Indy will be a Colts win. 

11-2

The Vikings. I could see this game or the next being a trap game. I feel good against the Vikings. 

12-2

i feel bad about the raiders. 

12-3

and then in the final week. We play the Jaguars again. The Jaguars will be looking to derail our seeding in the playoffs. If they aren't there themselves. I think they wind up 8-8 at best. 

Colts 13-3.

Last year in the midst of a coaching staff that was completely unorganized, devided and dysfunctional, you had a defense that looked improved on run D. The bright spots being Anderson and Perry. On offense, the bright spot was honestly for me, Gore. 

The year before that, I saw a Colts offense that could control time of possession. When I look at last year I look at a team that was in conflict and it was a learning experience. 

But this year, I expect to see our offense controlling TOP. I expect to see Gore rush for 1200 yards (depending on carries). You will see Luck with the most time to throw since he has arrived in Indy. When I read about Kelly, it's like I'm reading about Andrew Luck. I think they will be great together. This should help when Andrew forgets what he's called. This year we will see the offense that beat the broncos last year on a more consistent basis. It wasn't that we beat Peyton. It's that we were able to beat the best defense in the league. The defense that manhandled Brady and Cam. I predict the colts offense will be top 5 in the league. 

On defense you will see the colts slight improvement on run D, and return to form in pass D that we saw in 2014. Not great, but decent, and good enough. 

If the Colts don't make it to the SB, they will be SB bound the upcoming year just like last year. 

Colts 13-3. The Colts surprise with a unified coaching staff. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

We open the gate against the lions. I don't expect to honestly see us lose this game. Calvin Johnson the lions number one target, has retired no?

After that we play Denver who honestly could be hard to beat than many think. Yes Peyton is gone which is why I think this maybe a trap game in some ways. As long as the colts can maintain mental toughness this season I see a win here too.

Colts 1-1

The chargers, always, play us tough. I don't think Andrew has beat them yet either. And I don't see why something so consistent will change here against the chargers in week 3.

Colts 2-1

Its the first game against the Jaguars since their "amazing draft", but as Colts fans have watched it isn't just about the players but the coaching and player development that counts. Jaguars and player development, isn't exactly stellar. 

Colts 3-1

But I don't follow every NFL team. I'm going to go based off of knowing what I know about the Colts, and my expectations, 

Colts 4-1

Colts vs Texans. We will by this point, know roughly the strengths and weaknesses that teams posses this year. You don't need stellar defense to stop the Texans offense. And the colts don't have a problem with beating good defense (other than the patriots who really don't have that good a D).

Colts 5-1

now we are really on a role. Emotions are running high, everyone is feeling good about where the season is headed. It's like the good ole days with Peyton. Colts will blow out the Titans on our first meeting of the year. 

Colts 6-1

next comes the Chiefs where I think we will lose. I honestly think we are going to get a big head right about now, being on a 6 game win streak. But honestly, we could also blow them out. It could go either way. We have a good history of beating them. 

Colts 6-2

The packers are a shell of their former selves. I really don't see them doing much this year. 

Colts 7-2

8-2

if our running game is on par, we will beat the steelers. Important to really control TOP in this game. Long, sustaining drives. Move the chains. Just move the chains. Baby steps are so much easier. 

9-2

Oh the Jets. Does anyone know much about the jets these days? It seams they are really new right now. Could be good or bad for the Colts. 

10-2

11-2

The Vikings. I could see this game or the next being a trap game. I feel good against the Vikings. 

12-2

12-3

and then in the final week. We play the Jaguars again. The Jaguars will be looking to derail our seeding in the playoffs. If they aren't there themselves. I think they wind up 8-8 at best. 

Colts 13-3.

Last year in the midst of a coaching staff that was completely unorganized, devided and dysfunctional, you had a defense that looked improved on run D. The bright spots being Anderson and Perry. On offense, the bright spot was honestly for me, Gore. 

The year before that, I saw a Colts offense that could control time of possession. When I look at last year I look at a team that was in conflict and it was a learning experience. 

But this year, I expect to see our offense controlling TOP. I expect to see Gore rush for 1200 yards (depending on carries). You will see Luck with the most time to throw since he has arrived in Indy. When I read about Kelly, it's like I'm reading about Andrew Luck. I think they will be great together. This should help when Andrew forgets what he's called. This year we will see the offense that beat the broncos last year on a more consistent basis. It wasn't that we beat Peyton. It's that we were able to beat the best defense in the league. The defense that manhandled Brady and Cam. I predict the colts offense will be top 5 in the league. 

On defense you will see the colts slight improvement on run D, and return to form in pass D that we saw in 2014. Not great, but decent, and good enough. 

If the Colts don't make it to the SB, they will be SB bound the upcoming year just like last year. 

Really hope you are right on this! I don't see Gore rushing for 1200 yards, but I can see Luck throwing for 4,000+ yards and 40 tds if Moncrief and Dorsett break out (which I expect to happen). The O-Line and pass rush is what concerns me. I hope Luck can make up the difference.

2 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Colts 1-1

Colts 2-1

Colts 3-1

Colts 4-1

Colts 5-1

Colts 6-1

Colts 6-2

Colts 7-2

8-2

9-2

10-2

11-2

12-2

12-3

Colts 13-3.

But this year, I expect to see our offense controlling TOP. I expect to see Gore rush for 1200 yards (depending on carries). You will see Luck with the most time to throw since he has arrived in Indy. When I read about Kelly, it's like I'm reading about Andrew Luck. I think they will be great together. This year we will see the offense that beat the broncos last year. It wasn't that we beat Peyton. It's that we were able to beat the best defense in the league. The defense that manhandled Brady and Cam. I predict the colts offense will be top 5 in the league. 

I posted this before but it's been a while but here are my wins/losses:

Lions 1-0 W

At Broncos 2-0 W

Chargers 3-0 W - We start fast for a change and the media is back on our bandwagon at 3-0.

Jaguars (in London) 3-1 L - I think we lose this, after starting 3-0 we will be due for a loss.

Bears 4-1 W

At Texans 4-2 L - I think we split with them but they will beat us in Houston.

At Titans 5-2 W

Chiefs 6-2 W - We seem to always beat these guys!

At Packers 6-3 L

Titans 7-3 W - We will sweep them!

Steelers 7-4 L - We seem to never beat these guys!

At Jets 7-5 L - Tough place to win at.

Texans 8-5 W - This will be one of the key wins that allows us to go on to win the Division!

At Vikings 9-5 W - Momentum will carry over from the Texans game and we get this one.

At Raiders 9-6 L - We get complacent and lose this one. It happens.

Jaguars 10-6 W - We will clinch the Division on the final day with this win, eliminating the Jags! Jags will be 8-7 and we will be 9-6 going into this game and it will be a must win for us because I have the Jags beating us in the first meeting. Texans will be in it until the end as well so the Jags game will decide it all in Week 17.

Colts 10-6 (4-2 in the Division), I have us going 7-1 at home. Only losing to the Steelers.

Texans 9-7 (3-3 in the Division)

Jags 8-8 (3-3 in the Division)

Titans 6-10 (2-4 in the Division)

-Those are my final standings

-Statistics for Andrew, I'll project 4301 Yards and 35 TD's/14 INT's. He will still have some boneheaded INT's but 14 isn't the end of the world. I'll say 35 TD's and over 4300 Yards. I think all of this is doable if Andrew stays healthy and it's realistic goals. 10 wins will win us the Division and get us a 3 Seed by virtue of winning the tiebreaker over the Chiefs who will win the West IMO at 10-6 edging out the Raiders and Broncos. Steelers and Patriots will be the 1 and 2 Seed's IMO. I think we win 1 Playoff game and keep the fans excited but after that the season will probably end. I have the Steelers winning the Conference.

2 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I worded my wishy washy-ness on this game wrong. 

Love your enthusiam, but your paragraph about the Broncos made me laugh out loud.  Trap game?  They're the SB champions, and Peyton was a small part of their success. 

In Denver, after they had a couple extra days rest?  Yeah, I'll take 1-1 at that point.

Anyway, good post.  I enjoyed reading it.

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Love your enthusiam, but your paragraph about the Broncos made me laugh out loud.  Trap game?  They're the SB champions, and Peyton was a small part of their success. 

In Denver, after they had a couple extra days rest?  Yeah, I'll take 1-1 at that point.

Anyway, good post.  I enjoyed reading it.

I have the Broncos as one of our wins assuming Sanchez is their QB. We always play them good too. I think we go in there and steal that one in a close one. I can see the Broncos only winning 9 or 10 games this season. They will still be good but the Chiefs and Raiders both will be good as well.

18 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I always appreciate optimism, but I see us being more of a 10-6 or 11-5 team but I think we should still win the division. Chuck's teams always seem to blow one that they shouldn't along the way.

Chuck's team? I think losing a game you should have won just about covers every team in the NFL. Last season we beat an undefeated Bronco team and went on to have a 8-8 season. Each week has it's own surprises.

24 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

10-6/11-5 is where I think we'll fall. We should take the South with these records imo. 

Yeah I can see a lot of teams jammed up at 10-6 in the Conference like the Colts being one of them. Teams like the Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders all could win 10 games just in that one Division. Bengals are usually good for at least 10 wins too. I have the Texans at 9 and Jags at 8. As usual Tommy and his gang will win their Division easily. I cant see anyone else being above .500 in the East. If the Jets don't sign Fitz they are really screwed (Geno Smith stinks) and the Bills and Dolphins are always your typical 8-8, 7-9 teams.

I like your prediction!  I am just hoping for a division title and top 4 playoff spot, that gives the Colts a chance!  I also like the Colts being under the radar.  A lot of people/analysts are saying the Texans or Jaguars will win the division and the Titans are much improved.  No one is really talking that much about the Colts, I like it that way.  I can't wait until the season starts!

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I like your prediction!  I am just hoping for a division title and top 4 playoff spot, that gives the Colts a chance!  I also like the Colts being under the radar.  A lot of people/analysts are saying the Texans or Jaguars will win the division and the Titans are much improved.  No one is really talking that much about the Colts, I like it that way.  I can't wait until the season starts!

Really with the way the media is picking against us it will almost feel like a Great season if we won 10 games and the Division. Sounds funny because we are used to winning 11 or 12 games.

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Chuck's team? I think losing a game you should have won just about covers every team in the NFL. Last season we beat an undefeated Bronco team and went on to have a 8-8 season. Each week has it's own surprises.

Yeah, i know that, but in this current era, we've had a bunch of jekyll and hyde, crap the bed against inferior teams moments every year. That Rams game in 2013 sticks in my mind. All i was saying.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Really with the way the media is picking against us it will almost feel like a Great season if we won 10 games and the Division. Sounds funny because we are used to winning 11 or 12 games.

But see that's what the media machine does. They will be down on us till the seasons over, then all of a sudden we'll be favorites for the following season. Day late, and a dollar short when reporting/projecting the Colts as usual. Gotta love the talking heads!

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I can see a lot of teams jammed up at 10-6 in the Conference like the Colts being one of them. Teams like the Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders all could win 10 games just in that one Division. Bengals are usually good for at least 10 wins too. I have the Texans at 9 and Jags at 8. As usual Tommy and his gang will win their Division easily. I cant see anyone else being above .500 in the East. If the Jets don't sign Fitz they are really screwed (Geno Smith stinks) and the Bills and Dolphins are always you typical 8-8, 7-9 teams.

Could possibly put the Raiders in that group. I feel if they can start strong, they might take the west. Or possibly catch a wild card. Kinda rooting for them. 

1 minute ago, GoColtsWin said:

Could possibly put the Raiders in that group. I feel if they can start strong, they might take the west. Or possibly catch a wild card. Kinda rooting for them. 

I keep flip flopping on who will win that Division, even in here I have Posted I thought the Raiders would win the Division back a couple of months ago. I keep changing my mind. That is a tough Division to pick. Broncos will still be Good but will fall off a little.

I've just never been intimidated by the Broncos. I can't make myself do it. We are usually the victor in that series no matter what the year is.  Don't care if the game is in Denver.  We always seem to match up well with them. Kind of how it is when the Chargers play the Colts. No matter how good of a team we have, the Chargers seem to always get the longer end of the stick.   

13-3 is pretty bold, but I like it. After last year's debacle, I'd be very satisfied with a 10-6 season and a 4 seed, but I'd be absolutely ecstatic if they pulled off a 13-3 record. That would all but guarantee a top seed and first round bye, which has yet to happen in the Luck era.

Best 9-7,  spilt with Texans, split with either Jags/Titans, tough KC, SD (always a problem), Pitts (never can beat them as suffering since 75 playoff time), at Oak if they are in playoff hunt, Jets pain at NY (unless Geno is QB) , at Den. (would have been more difficult game in Dec.)   Vikings at new stadium will be tough. Pack at GB no picnic in the park. 13 and 3 doubt it.

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Best 9-7,  spilt with Texans, split with either  Jags/Titans, tough KC, SD (always a problem), Pitts (never can beat them), Oak at home never easy. Jets pain at NY, Den. at home., Vikings at new stadium will be tough. Pack at GB no picnic in the park. 13 and 3 doubt it.

9-7 is a pretty low ceiling. Assuming Luck stays healthy all year, I just don't see how they only improve one game from last season's record when he missed 9 games due to injury.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

9-7 is a pretty low ceiling. Assuming Luck stays healthy all year, I just don't see how they only improve one game from last season's record when he missed 9 games due to injury.

Hasselback was winning games we probably should of lost last year and we overperformed with him. In reality, we are around a 9-7 team considering an improved division and our difficulty to win outside of it.

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You want me to say 16 and 0 instead? Running game and D (except our secondary perhaps) still ongoing issue. Ok 10 and 6 if Luck doesn't get sacked away due to our o-line. , Chuck is still the coach and not the best game manager.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kind of off topic but still on topic regarding the Colts wins. What would you guys bet if these were the betting situations:

Wins/Losses over/under

Steelers 12.5

Patriots 11.5

Chiefs 10.5

Bengals 10.5

Colts 9.5

Broncos 9.5

Raiders 9.5

Texans 9.5

Jags 8.5

I will list 1 NFC Team - Panthers 12.5

Steelers/Under

Pats/Under

Chiefs/Under

Bengals/Over

Colts/Over

Broncos/Over

Raiders/Over

Texans/Under

Jags/Over

Panthers/Over

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Steelers/Under

Pats/Under

Chiefs/Under

Bengals/Over

Colts/Over

Broncos/Over

Raiders/Over

Texans/Under

Jags/Over

Panthers/Over

Yeah Pats may only reel in only 11. Some of those are tough to call though. I agree with most of your predictions but I have Panthers at 12. They could win 13 so that is a tough call too.

41 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Best 9-7,  spilt with Texans, split with either  Jags/Titans, tough KC, SD (always a problem), Pitts (never can beat them), Oak at home never easy. Jets pain at NY, Den. at home., Vikings at new stadium will be tough. Pack at GB no picnic in the park. 13 and 3 doubt it.

Actually the best is 19-0

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kind of off topic but still on topic regarding the Colts wins. What would you guys bet if these were the betting situations:

Wins/Losses over/under

Steelers 12.5

Patriots 11.5

Chiefs 10.5

Bengals 10.5

Colts 9.5

Broncos 9.5

Raiders 9.5

Texans 9.5

Jags 8.5

I will list 1 NFC Team - Panthers 12.5

Steelers under

Pars over

Chiefs over

Bengals over

Colts over

Broncos over

Raiders under

Texans under

Jags under

Panthers 12 wins under

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Steelers under

Pars over

Chiefs over

Bengals over

Colts over

Broncos over

Raiders under

Texans under

Jags under

Panthers 12 wins under

Broncos IMO will be 10-6 at best but that would put them over at 9.5. That Panthers over/under at 12.5 is a fun one. These are just my over/under not Vegas's but they may have some of the same one's I have.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Pats may only reel in only 11. Some of those are tough to call though. I agree with most of your predictions but I have Panthers at 12. They could win 13 so that is a tough call too.

There will be a couple teams that win more than 12 IMO, Panthers should be one of them. So I'll be willing to go 13-3 or 14-2 on them. Kelvin Benjamin is back and their team is mostly the same besides Josh Norman.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There will be a couple teams that win more than 12 IMO, Panthers should be one of them. So I'll be willing to go 13-3 or 14-2 on them. Kelvin Benjamin is back and their team is mostly the same besides Josh Norman.

Yeah Benjamin should help Cam out. I wonder how much losing Norman will affect their team. He was a vocal leader on that team besides being a Great talent.

The ladies on First Take predicting Broncos. Anita says 8-8, Claudia 8-8, Marly went 10-6.

You just reminded me of the owner's name at my local retro video game store (marly). Couldn't remember it to save my life, thanks!

Yeah Benjamin should help Cam out. I wonder how much losing Norman will affect their team. He was a vocal leader on that team besides being a Great talent.

It'll affect them some, but their D-Line is incredible, so I think the secondary can pick up the slack with their D-Line putting pressure on the qb. Kelvin will make up for the defensive loss on offense.