Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network Picks Colts Third In AFC South

King Colt

I think all these opinions and exactly that. None of us really know how this division is going to play out. The so called experts never get it right so why even argue over opinions? Before last season the Colts had the line to go to the super bowl. How did that work out? There are way too many variables and injuries that happen through out the season to know what is going to happen.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you have the Jaguars ahead of the Colts? Especially with a healthy Luck. I personally think our defensive line and secondary will be a lot better this season. I'm excited to see what Patrick Robinson and Geathers can do for us. I'm hoping that T.J Green can translate his god giving talent to the NFL field. If Green can make the leap and become the player we drafted him to be, him and Geathers can a great safety tandem.

Hassan Ridgeway is the guy I'm looking forward to seeing. Give us a healthy Jones,Langford and Anderson along with Parry and Ridgeway..

We need more stars on defense. Hopefully next year we can land a stud pass rusher and get someone promising in the middle. Keep building the OL and I seriously think if the Colts continue to build  the right way we can see them in at least the AFC Championship game as early as 2017-2018 season.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:26 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck was 2-5 last year, hasselback was 6-3 if I remember right. Besides the Broncos game what did Luck do to show he could of played through his injuries? Hasselback was bad for sure, but he was doing what a decent QB could do. How can you say Luck was the better option based on how he was playing? It was obvious he was hurt. No way he should of been out there, and he would of suffered more damage to himself.

By the end of the Panthers game it was somewhat clear he was getting his mojo back and he followed that up with a really solid game against Denver. He was on his way back if not for the kidney injury. I dont think he would have continued on a downward spiral under Chud. We really did not play very many good teams after Carolina other than Pittsburgh. You can't convince me Luck would have struggled against Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston, and the Tennesse Titans. The only game that was really trouble was Pitt which even if he played most of the forum expected a loss. Luck had a bad record against the toughest part of the schedule. You turn that around and have him play the teams I listed and I think its a different story. Outside of the kidney injury I think Luck and Hasslebeck had similar injuries for the most part. I dont think he was more injured than Hasslebeck. We are looking at things as if the Kidney injury never happened of course.

9 hours ago, krunk said:

By the end of the Panthers game it was somewhat clear he was getting his mojo back and he followed that up with a really solid game against Denver. He was on his way back if not for the kidney injury. I dont think he would have continued on a downward spiral under Chud. We really did not play very many good teams after Carolina other than Pittsburgh. You can't convince me Luck would have struggled against Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston, and the Tennesse Titans. The only game that was really trouble was Pitt which even if he played most of the forum expected a loss. Luck had a bad record against the toughest part of the schedule. You turn that around and have him play the teams I listed and I think its a different story. Outside of the kidney injury I think Luck and Hasslebeck had similar injuries for the most part. I dont think he was more injured than Hasslebeck. We are looking at things as if the Kidney injury never happened of course.

The Panthers game, he did what he always does, falls behind early and forces himself and the team to comeback in the 2nd half. That's nothing new, it's just a normal poor start by Luck and the team. The Denver team was a nice surprise and I will admit he could of possibly done something after that had he not got the kidney injury, as it looked like Chud had the team fighting hard against Denver and other teams at the end of the year with Hasselback. However, he did get hurt, and he started 2-5 as well. Considering he did get the kidney injury, I don't think he would of been able to finish the year in one piece, and with that injury, Hasselback was the better choice. If Luck wasn't hurt, he may of won a few games with Chud taking over, but there's no way to prove that last year.

This year, Luck can prove he's at 100% and can lead this team with Chud at the Helm. Lets see if the team is good enough. We got some horrible injury luck last year, lets see if it was a blessing in disguise to get Ryan Kelly and the draft we did.

10 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

How can you have the Jaguars ahead of the Colts? Especially with a healthy Luck. I personally think our defensive line and secondary will be a lot better this season. I'm excited to see what Patrick Robinson and Geathers can do for us. I'm hoping that T.J Green can translate his god giving talent to the NFL field. If Green can make the leap and become the player we drafted him to be, him and Geathers can a great safety tandem.

Hassan Ridgeway is the guy I'm looking forward to seeing. Give us a healthy Jones,Langford and Anderson along with Parry and Ridgeway..

We need more stars on defense. Hopefully next year we can land a stud pass rusher and get someone promising in the middle. Keep building the OL and I seriously think if the Colts continue to build  the right way we can see them in at least the AFC Championship game as early as 2017-2018 season.

Simple, the Jags just loaded up on defense. Their defense was already slightly better than ours, add Fowler, Jack, Ramsey, Malik Jackson, and Yannick Ngakoue to that and it becomes scary. 4 of those guys are pass rushers, with LaRaven Clark having to adapt to a pro style offense and the right side of the line the same with Ryan Kelly the only real new starter, our O-Line can easily be more of the same. If Kelly is a bust, it will be more of the same. The Jags most likely improved their weakness, we are betting on one guy on the line til Clark catches up, and we didn't improve our pass rush at all, so that'll be more of the same.

The Jaguars offense isn't something to scoff at either. Sure Luck>Bortles, but it's not a huge difference anymore. Robinson=Hilton, Moncrief>Hurns, Dorsett>Lee, Thomas>Allen. So they have a mini offense of ours with a much improved defense most likely. 

We need stars on defense period, the only true one we have is Vontae. Any good offense is going to run over this defense. I hope Robinson can pick up the slack as well as maybe Ridgeway and Morrison. It looks like the same old team to me with slight improvements, including none on the pass rush.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Panthers game, he did what he always does, falls behind early and forces himself and the team to comeback in the 2nd half. That's nothing new, it's just a normal poor start by Luck and the team. The Denver team was a nice surprise and I will admit he could of possibly done something after that had he not got the kidney injury, as it looked like Chud had the team fighting hard against Denver and other teams at the end of the year with Hasselback. However, he did get hurt, and he started 2-5 as well. Considering he did get the kidney injury, I don't think he would of been able to finish the year in one piece, and with that injury, Hasselback was the better choice. If Luck wasn't hurt, he may of won a few games with Chud taking over, but there's no way to prove that last year.

This year, Luck can prove he's at 100% and can lead this team with Chud at the Helm. Lets see if the team is good enough. We got some horrible injury luck last year, lets see if it was a blessing in disguise to get Ryan Kelly and the draft we did.

The 4th quarter of that Panthers game you could tell he was getting his confidence back.  Previous games it was the opposite.  You could tell he was losing confidence.  Hasslebeck really wasn't a "choice", he was who we had to go to under the circumstances.  No way Luck could have kept playing with that kidney.  My point is if you remove the kidney injury from the discussion they both had somewhat similar injuries.  I don't think you sit your Franchise and go with the 40 year old quarterback calling that the better choice.  

Hasslebeck was mostly terrible in every game he played outside of maybe one game.  And he was terrible against mediocre to bad teams.  Luck may have been 2-5, but he did that against the best part of the schedule.  Hasslebeck attained his record against the worst part of the schedule.  I don't think you play Hass against New England, Buffalo, New Orleans, Denver, Carolina and think that record is going to be positive.   I don't care if Hasslebeck was 100 Percent healthy.  He probably would have went 0-5.

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

The 4th quarter of that Panthers game you could tell he was getting his confidence back.  Previous games it was the opposite.  You could tell he was losing confidence.  Hasslebeck really wasn't a "choice", he was who we had to go to under the circumstances.  No way Luck could have kept playing with that kidney.  My point is if you remove the kidney injury from the discussion they both had somewhat similar injuries.  I don't think you sit your Franchise and go with the 40 year old quarterback calling that the better choice.  

Hasslebeck was mostly terrible in every game he played outside of maybe one game.  And he was terrible against mediocre to bad teams.  Luck may have been 2-5, but he did that against the best part of the schedule.  Hasslebeck attained his record against the worst part of the schedule.  I don't think you play Hass against New England, Buffalo, New Orleans, Denver, Carolina and think that record is going to be positive.   I don't care if Hasslebeck was 100 Percent healthy.  He probably would have went 0-5.

You can't remove the Kidney injury, it happened, quit trying to use hypothetical situations to fit your narrative, it doesn't work. Luck may of been 2-5 against the harder part of the schedule, but again, that doesn't mean he would do better against the easier part, the Steelers and Jags put up 50+ against us, and Luck wouldn't be worth a 30 point difference there. Hass may of lost those games that Luck lost, but he also wouldn't of fell behind most likely every game like Luck did to put us in a bad spot in the beginning. 

For every point, there's a counterpoint, but mine are based on facts that happened. Luck went 2-5, and Hass went 6-3, that's a fact. You are arguing based on hypotheticals if Luck hadn't got the kidney injury. That can never be proven or disproven. Chud did a nice job at the end of the year coaching. If he does it with a healthy Luck this year, we should be winners of the division and make the playoffs and you will be proven right which I hope you do as I love this team as well.

After getting burned by slow start after slow start and being used to being behind (part of the problem was Pep), I want to see results before I get excited. Hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You can't remove the Kidney injury, it happened, quit trying to use hypothetical situations to fit your narrative, it doesn't work. Luck may of been 2-5 against the harder part of the schedule, but again, that doesn't mean he would do better against the easier part, the Steelers and Jags put up 50+ against us, and Luck wouldn't be worth a 30 point difference there. Hass may of lost those games that Luck lost, but he also wouldn't of fell behind most likely every game like Luck did to put us in a bad spot in the beginning. 

For every point, there's a counterpoint, but mine are based on facts that happened. Luck went 2-5, and Hass went 6-3, that's a fact. You are arguing based on hypotheticals if Luck hadn't got the kidney injury. That can never be proven or disproven. Chud did a nice job at the end of the year coaching. If he does it with a healthy Luck this year, we should be winners of the division and make the playoffs and you will be proven right which I hope you do as I love this team as well.

After getting burned by slow start after slow start and being used to being behind (part of the problem was Pep), I want to see results before I get excited. Hoping for the best.

Jared please tell everyone how Hasselebeck was a choice?  He was not a choice, we were forced into that situation.  If it was a choice do you honestly think the coaching staff would have chosen Hasslebeck?  You might be the only individual in this entire forum that thinks we would have ended with a better record under Hasslebeck.  I don't see any fairness in comparing the record of a man who went against some of the best competition the league has to offer  against the record of a man who faced some of the worst competition and say the other guy was the better option.  Bro there was so much of the offense we couldn't even run under Hasslebeck.  You can't tell me that record isn't the result of the level of competition.  The guy did not play well, honestly he was worse than Luck on most occasions.

21 minutes ago, krunk said:

Jared please tell everyone how Hasselebeck was a choice?  He was not a choice, we were forced into that situation.  If it was a choice do you honestly think the coaching staff would have chosen Hasslebeck?  You might be the only individual in this entire forum that thinks we would have ended with a better record under Hasslebeck.  I don't see any fairness in comparing the record of a man who went against some of the best competition the league has to offer  against the record of a man who faced some of the worst competition and say the other guy was the better option.  Bro there was so much of the offense we couldn't even run under Hasslebeck.  You can't tell me that record isn't the result of the level of competition.  The guy did not play well, honestly he was worse than Luck on most occasions.

I think had Andrew stayed healthy after the Denver game we would've won the Division easily. He was awesome in that game! Texans would've been toast had we had Andrew, Hass filled in nicely at times but he was terrible in the 2nd Half vs Texans and he played Average at best in our wins over Jacks and Atlanta in earlier games.  

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Hasselback was chosen to run the team after Luck got hurt in the Broncos game rather than Luck continuing and risking further injury. That's all I meant by "choice". Also, you can only who you play. Hasselback had an easier schedule for sure, but he was staying in games early and finishing games, that's more than the typical Luck falling behind games and playing catch up, which nothing makes me believe the same wouldn't have happened in the easier part of the schedule as it's happened since his rookie year.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hasselback was chosen to run the team after Luck got hurt in the Broncos game rather than Luck continuing and risking further injury. That's all I meant by "choice". Also, you can only who you play. Hasselback had an easier schedule for sure, but he was staying in games early and finishing games, that's more than the typical Luck falling behind games and playing catch up, which nothing makes me believe the same wouldn't have happened in the easier part of the schedule as it's happened since his rookie year.

BTW, I'm not putting Luck down because I don't like him or because I don't think he's talented. He was playing hurt the whole year and wasn't on his game at all, if he was healthy, we probably beat the Bills and Jets. He wasn't playing in the right state of mind or body. Maybe at 100% and with Chud running things, he'll dominate. Last year was an off year though.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Simple, the Jags just loaded up on defense. Their defense was already slightly better than ours, add Fowler, Jack, Ramsey, Malik Jackson, and Yannick Ngakoue to that and it becomes scary. 4 of those guys are pass rushers, with LaRaven Clark having to adapt to a pro style offense and the right side of the line the same with Ryan Kelly the only real new starter, our O-Line can easily be more of the same. If Kelly is a bust, it will be more of the same. The Jags most likely improved their weakness, we are betting on one guy on the line til Clark catches up, and we didn't improve our pass rush at all, so that'll be more of the same.

The Jaguars offense isn't something to scoff at either. Sure Luck>Bortles, but it's not a huge difference anymore. Robinson=Hilton, Moncrief>Hurns, Dorsett>Lee, Thomas>Allen. So they have a mini offense of ours with a much improved defense most likely. 

We need stars on defense period, the only true one we have is Vontae. Any good offense is going to run over this defense. I hope Robinson can pick up the slack as well as maybe Ridgeway and Morrison. It looks like the same old team to me with slight improvements, including none on the pass rush.

Stop with the rose-colored glasses.   LOL

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

The SilentHill network (The only real source for this kind of news) has the Colts ranked 3rd in the NFL.

Obviously NFL.com tried to rip it off and typo'd it. It's all good though.

I haven't gone to NFL.com today, but if it were up to me, I'd just roll with it & say I have a multimedia TV & internet empire SH.

Do you need any advice on time slot programming or a creative development branch for  your corporation? Let me know. I've got a few ideas. haha Just yanking your chain man. 

If it makes you feel any better, the SH Network sounds like a Fortune 500 company with a lucrative profit margin. Okay, I'm done. Thanks for playing along with my foolishness everybody. 

On 7/17/2016 at 1:23 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Obviously you completely ignored what I said and a good majority of people as well. I said the Jaguars rookies would be good because I studied the tape on them, not because they are 1st round picks or top 5 picks. My reasoning is based on hours of watching tape, your reasoning that our rookies will be as good is homerism, pure and simple. The Texans also won the division in 2012, so your last sentence isn't true either.

You're correct, my bad.  Houston did win it in 2012.  Indy still made the playoffs as a wild card team.  I guess the Colts or some other team should be hiring you for their scouting dept.  Seems you know what you're talking about.  I'm not sure about the Colts' rookies, but I'm also not sure about anybody else's either.  I don't think that's homerism.

Hey man I just want the 'Shoe to win same as you do.  And I don't think we have to be all gloom and doom either.  I still maintain if Luck is healthy the Colts have as good a chance to win the division as anybody else.  If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.  But IMHO no sense in going in thinking negative.

Why is everyone so high on texans?I mean media.

NO disrespect to our texans fans who visit this forum regularly but cmon, Osweiler is not exactly the best. 

He is unproven and unconsistent on the few games we saw of him. Can he improve? Obviously but it feels media is just "texans will win it easy, they now have a qb and lamar miller"

37 minutes ago, Mameluc said:

Why is everyone so high on texans?I mean media.

NO disrespect to our texans fans who visit this forum regularly but cmon, Osweiler is not exactly the best. 

He is unproven and unconsistent on the few games we saw of him. Can he improve? Obviously but it feels media is just "texans will win it easy, they now have a qb and lamar miller"

It's the same reason they all predicted us to make the SB last season. Everything looks great on paper.

Look how many predicted Colts to win the AFC (11 of 13 predicted we would at least be in the AFC Championship game!):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000521865/article/super-bowl-50-predictions-packers-colts-among-picks

I would argue that this team is better than the one they predicted to go to the SB last season. It's whatever they can do to get clicks. There is no doubt in my mind that this team competes for home field advantage in the AFC this season and goes at least 4-2 in the AFC South matchups.

I actually don't fear the Jacksonville defense.... I fear their offense.. specifically their two wideouts (best pair in the league in my opinion, both with proven experience) and their solid TE and a better than league average QB. THAT is who laid all those points on our D last year which and we only have a solid line minus pass rush linebacker ends (Mathis on his last legs) and a #1 corner with a lot to prove and little resistance elsewhere.  I think if we finish third for the first time (we've been 1, 2 and 4 but not 3rd) we may see Irsay fire everyone.  But seeing as we finished 2nd with terrible QB play half the season (some Luck, some the other 4) it is hard to believe we'll finish that poorly.  If Luck kicks butt and we get anything out of these new linemen, I think we still win the division, but we'll have to work for it and I doubt we're going anywhere in the playoffs unless Dorsett and Moncrief explode and Gore has one last burst left in him for a whole season.  

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

It's the same reason they all predicted us to make the SB last season. Everything looks great on paper.

Look how many predicted Colts to win the AFC (11 of 13 predicted we would at least be in the AFC Championship game!):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000521865/article/super-bowl-50-predictions-packers-colts-among-picks

I would argue that this team is better than the one they predicted to go to the SB last season. It's whatever they can do to get clicks. There is no doubt in my mind that this team competes for home field advantage in the AFC this season and goes at least 4-2 in the AFC South matchups.

Well, to be fair, if Luck had played all season, we still win the division last year easily AND we'd be favored in a home wildcard game.  We'd already beaten Denver and so most likely we'd have lost in the second round rather than the first.   But yes, I agree with your point.  We were the ALL PAPER team last year.  Any team is a QB going down short of being eliminated in the playoffs or regular season.  I doubt even the Patriots could get to a SB with Garoppolo.  

23 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Well, to be fair, if Luck had played all season, we still win the division last year easily AND we'd be favored in a home wildcard game.  We'd already beaten Denver and so most likely we'd have lost in the second round rather than the first.   But yes, I agree with your point.  We were the ALL PAPER team last year.  Any team is a QB going down short of being eliminated in the playoffs or regular season.  I doubt even the Patriots could get to a SB with Garoppolo.  

well to be fair, maybe...maybe not :P

I believe it's good thing they pegged us 3rd in the division and are overlooking us because last year everyone and their mama' had us winning the superbowl. So lets rise from the bottom and suprise the league and become thar juggernaut that teams fear instead of ' o its just the colts we will just run the ball down there throats or throw for 534 yds 

On 7/15/2016 at 1:12 PM, Solon said:

Luck was hurt for the majority of last season and we missed the playoffs by 1 game. I'm tired of everyone talking like we fell off. Time to reclaim the South.

I know I'm a week late to the party, but doesn't it feel weird sitting up their in Indianapolis (big assumption on my part) talking about reclaiming the South? 

Wouldn't you much rather be playing against Cleveland, Cincinnati & Pittsburgh, kick Baltimore to the East & Miami to the South. 

Wouldn't that make more sense? 

2 hours ago, thunderkyss said:

I know I'm a week late to the party, but doesn't it feel weird sitting up their in Indianapolis (big assumption on my part) talking about reclaiming the South? 

Wouldn't you much rather be playing against Cleveland, Cincinnati & Pittsburgh, kick Baltimore to the East & Miami to the South. 

I always thought this made the most sense, but it is what it is.

On 7/25/2016 at 1:23 PM, thunderkyss said:

Probably not as weird as it used to be for Arizona Cardinal fans to be talking about trying to take the NFC East. lol

On 7/15/2016 at 3:23 PM, SilentHill said:

Andrew Luck didn't look like he was struggling when he led the colts to victory over the undefeated and eventual SB champion Broncos.

One good game doesn't equate to a good year.  He struggled badly against the Bills, Jets and Saints.  Colts were 2-5 with Luck and 6-3 without him. 

How Colts fare in the division will have a lot to do with whether or not Luck can get a handle on his turnover issues. The margin of error will be less with the rest of the division getting stronger.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

One good game doesn't make a good season.  He struggled badly against the Bills, Jets and Saints.  Colts were 2-5 with Luck and 6-3 without him. 

Yes, it was just coincidence he looked like a totally different player when Chud was running the offense.

and a few games doesn't cancel,out three seasons worth of work.

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Yes, it was just coincidence he looked like a totally different player when Chud was running the offense.

and a few games doesn't cancel,out three seasons worth of work.

Colts traditionally have owned Denver.  Just like teams such as the Pats and Steelers have always owned the Colts.  Chud is given too much credit for that win last year in my opinion.  Fact is Colts have had Denver's number...period.  The Colts beat Denver in the playoffs the year before without Chud and Luck looked just fine then as well. 

16 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Colts traditionally have owned Denver.  Just like teams such as the Pats and Steelers have always owned the Colts.  Chud is given too much credit for that win last year in my opinion.  Fact is Colts have had Denver's number...period.  The Colts beat Denver in the playoffs the year before without Chud and Luck looked just fine then as well. 

So he magically played better because the Colts "have their number" ?  Even though it wasn't against a much better defense and a DC in Wade Phillips that he had never faced in his career?

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

So he magically played better because the Colts "have their number" ?  Even though it wasn't against a much better defense and a DC in Wade Phillips that he had never faced in his career?

Too small of a sample size bro.   Unfortunately Luck got blasted in that game and could not really validate your claims with more substantive evidence.  You are all on Chud's tip and he hasn't even been through a full season as OC for this team yet.  Let's see what he's got this year now that he has the freedom to implement his philosophy before  touting how he is the magic solution to all that ails Luck and the offense.

Luck had a nice game against Denver.  He usually does.  Our defense also plays Peyton pretty well and Aquip Talib was an eye gouging bafoon.  Doesn't change that Luck had a bad season overall partly but not entirely due to injuries.   And yes he did have 3 nice seasons (without Chud) before that.   

18 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Too small of a sample size bro.   Unfortunately Luck got blasted in that game and could not really validate your claims with more substantive evidence.  You are all on Chud's tip and he hasn't even been through a full season as OC for this team yet.  Let's see what he's got this year now that he has the freedom to implement his philosophy before  touting how he is the magic solution to all that ails Luck and the offense.

Luck had a nice game against Denver.  He usually does.  Our defense also plays Peyton pretty well and Aquip Talib was an eye gouging bafoon.  Doesn't change that Luck had a bad season overall partly but not entirely due to injuries.   And yes he did have 3 nice seasons (without Chud) before that.   

it's not just because Chud is a good OC, he is, but it's because he is replacing an incompetent one.