RockThatBlue

Concerts you've been too...

115 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm dying to see The Offspring!!! Haven't seen them or Linkin Park and those were my 2 bands growing up. I've missed alot of concerts cause when I was in high school I got real sick for like 4 years and couldn't get out and do much of anything it really sucked lol. I like Korn too my cousin says they have one hell of a show.

Sorry to hear that man. I will say this, if you like Linkin Park listen to My Fate by Vimic, it sounds a lot like Linkin Park. I hope to see Offspring sooner than later.

 

Korn is rad live. I caught three picks, and a drumstick at their show last year. Munky was directly in front of me. These are some pictures I took. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gramz said:

haha  I am clearly out of my element here.   I don't recognize the names of most of the bands you all are raving about.   lmao

 

Don't feel bad, I'm only 30. Most of the music I'm into came out between 1997 and now. Although I am a huge fan of grunge and 80s Metal. I'm getting to the point now where I recognize none of the modern music on the radio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, corgi said:

Sorry to hear that man. I will say this, if you like Linkin Park listen to My Fate by Vimic, it sounds a lot like Linkin Park. I hope to see Offspring sooner than later.

 

Korn is rad live. I caught three picks, and a drumstick at their show last year. Munky was directly in front of me. These are some pictures I took. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's bad ***!! Yeah I'm really excited for open air gonna check off alot of bands. I'm hoping to see The Offspring sooner than later too same with Linkin Park! I'll have to check that song out too

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2017 at 3:57 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm going to Bon Jovi in March and the Red Hot Chili Peppers in May both at bankers life fieldhouse 

 

I wanted to see RHCP so bad. They are one of my all time favorites and to finally get them at MSG in NYC. Too bad it's a Wednesday night (in a couple weeks actually) and I'm in busy season, making it virtually impossible for me to go.

 

I'm seeing Less Than Jake (ska punk band from the 90's) and Pepper (sublime-esque band from Hawaii) in NYC a few Fridays from now in the same theater they do the Heisman ceremony (in Times Square).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bababooey said:

I wanted to see RHCP so bad. They are one of my all time favorites and to finally get them at MSG in NYC. Too bad it's a Wednesday night (in a couple weeks actually) and I'm in busy season, making it virtually impossible for me to go.

 

I'm seeing Less Than Jake (ska punk band from the 90's) and Pepper (sublime-esque band from Hawaii) in NYC a few Fridays from now in the same theater they do the Heisman ceremony (in Times Square).

Yeah me and my uncle got tickets as soon as it was announced should be pretty awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, corgi said:

Don't feel bad, I'm only 30. Most of the music I'm into came out between 1997 and now. Although I am a huge fan of grunge and 80s Metal. I'm getting to the point now where I recognize none of the modern music on the radio. 

Your a lil older then me but almost identical on the music front big fan of damn near everyone you have mentioned. :rock:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah me and my uncle got tickets as soon as it was announced should be pretty awesome.

That's great, I'm sure I could work it out but I don't really need to be spending the money right now, especially with how busy I am it would be a pain to go to NYC (50 minute train) work from my company's office there, have to leave my backpack/laptop to go to MSG, go back to get it, then train home after the show. I'm just waiting for the days where VR will put us front row at every sporting event and concert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bababooey said:

That's great, I'm sure I could work it out but I don't really need to be spending the money right now, especially with how busy I am it would be a pain to go to NYC (50 minute train) work from my company's office there, have to leave my backpack/laptop to go to MSG, go back to get it, then train home after the show. I'm just waiting for the days where VR will put us front row at every sporting event and concert.

That would be a packed day lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, corgi said:

Don't feel bad, I'm only 30. Most of the music I'm into came out between 1997 and now. Although I am a huge fan of grunge and 80s Metal. I'm getting to the point now where I recognize none of the modern music on the radio. 

I'm 26 and I'm the same way. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm 26 and I'm the same way. 

I'm 24 and unless it's new music from someone I already know then I have no clue lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm 24 and unless it's new music from someone I already know then I have no clue lol

Same here. I don't care much for most modern metal. Most of its too soft for me. I like thrash/ fast kind of metal. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Same here. I don't care much for most modern metal. Most of its too soft for me. I like thrash/ fast kind of metal. 

My favorite part of shows is slowly becoming opening acts. Yeah the main guys are better but there are no metal or hard rock stations in my city, so it's word of mouth, Twitter, Metal Hammer, or shows for me. Most of the new bands I like are from Europe. They have a much better Metal scene currently. 

 

Thrash is great. I'm definitely a Nu Metal kid but, thrash, and Viking metal are faves too.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, corgi said:

Don't feel bad, I'm only 30. Most of the music I'm into came out between 1997 and now. Although I am a huge fan of grunge and 80s Metal. I'm getting to the point now where I recognize none of the modern music on the radio. 

I just turned 38, and like a lot of what's been mentioned. I love a wide range of rock/grunge/metal.....from the 70's to now. I have Sirius XM so usually am listening to Octane, Turbo, Liquid metal, or lithium non stop. 

Been a big A7X fan since they were just a small unkown thrash screamo band from LA. Yeah they've changed quite a bit, but that's what I love about them, they never put out the same sounding music, they're talented musicians, and they're a great group of dudes. Seen them live 6 times now, some shows with Korn, Slipknot, disturbed, godsmack, sevendust, and many more! 

 

Been listening to a lot of Alice in Chains, Mad Season and STP lately....RIP Layne Staley/Scott Weiland. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I just turned 38, and like a lot of what's been mentioned. I love a wide range of rock/grunge/metal.....from the 70's to now. I have Sirius XM so usually am listening to Octane, Turbo, Liquid metal, or lithium non stop. 

Been a big A7X fan since they were just a small unkown thrash screamo band from LA. Yeah they've changed quite a bit, but that's what I love about them, they never put out the same sounding music, they're talented musicians, and they're a great group of dudes. Seen them live 6 times now, some shows with Korn, Slipknot, disturbed, godsmack, sevendust, and many more! 

 

Been listening to a lot of Alice in Chains, Mad Season and STP lately....RIP Layne Staley/Scott Weiland. 

Alice in Chains was my first love. STP wasn't far behind. I heard AiC when I was way too young to understand the lyrics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 31, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Gramz said:

https://www.facebook.com/heartsonfire2017/?ref=page_internal

 

We go to several concerts every year.  We also continue to perform with our Trio once or twice a month at local clubs.   haha  bet ya'll didn't know Gramz does this.  

 

 

 

Cool photos of you, Ron, & the rest of Hearts Of Fire members there. Gramz & the crew bringing down the H-O-U-S-E. Works for me. :thmup:

 

You guys look like you're having a blast on stage. I admire people who do that--Get up center stage, display bravery, & entertain the crowd. Sweet...

 

I've said it before & I'll say it again. Musicians hold a special place in my heart & always will because they bring people together, make folks smile & forget about their troubles for a couple of hours, & musicians are always intellectually curious people who care about the downtrodden, the young, the elderly, & the generation that follows them. Translation: They leave this planet a better place then when they first arrived. 

 

Not to get too philosophical or anything, but I'm not exaggerating. I truly mean that.

 

Alright, just to clarify, the best musicians do what I described above & my intuition would definitely put Hearts On Fire in that esteemed class BTW.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I just turned 38, and like a lot of what's been mentioned. I love a wide range of rock/grunge/metal.....from the 70's to now. I have Sirius XM so usually am listening to Octane, Turbo, Liquid metal, or lithium non stop. 

Been a big A7X fan since they were just a small unkown thrash screamo band from LA. Yeah they've changed quite a bit, but that's what I love about them, they never put out the same sounding music, they're talented musicians, and they're a great group of dudes. Seen them live 6 times now, some shows with Korn, Slipknot, disturbed, godsmack, sevendust, and many more! 

 

Been listening to a lot of Alice in Chains, Mad Season and STP lately....RIP Layne Staley/Scott Weiland. 

I do miss my Sirus XM sometimes. I gave mine [radio & boom box attaching unit] to my stepbrother Pete in Eau Claire who sells plows & has a detailing business up there that's pretty big now. He's always on the go working long hours in a large building & I figured he'd enjoy it & need it more than I do to help him finish projects faster. That's how I roll. 

 

I do miss the comedy on XM sometimes since humor is my 2nd passion, but Pete's worth it & I can survive without it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I do miss my Sirus XM sometimes. I gave mine [radio & boom box attaching unit] to my stepbrother Pete in Eau Claire who sells plows & has a detailing business up there that's pretty big now. He's always on the go working long hours in a large building & I figured he'd enjoy it & need it more than I do to help him finish projects faster. That's how I roll. 

 

I do miss the comedy on XM sometimes since humor is my 2nd passion, but Pete's worth it & I can survive without it. 

 I pay the additional amount to have the online subscription as well, so anywhere I go, I can listen via headphones/Bluetooth, it's pretty nice!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real big ones I've been to were:

 

AC/DC (2008 All-state Arena) 

 

U2 (2011 Cape Town, South Africa)

 

Judas Priest (2015 BA, Argentina)

 

Metallica (2015 Rio, Brazil

 

I've also been to like six Twenty One Pilot concerts. But I doubt any of you guys reading this like them lol. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

The real big ones I've been to were:

 

AC/DC (2008 All-state Arena) 

 

U2 (2011 Cape Town, South Africa)

 

Judas Priest (2015 BA, Argentina)

 

Metallica (2015 Rio, Brazil

 

I've also been to like six Twenty One Pilot concerts. But I doubt any of you guys reading this like them lol. 

Dang you're a world traveler!!!

 

I don't mind 21 Pilots, different sound then most of the poppy stuff out there. I've heard some metal re-mixes of stressed out and heathens that were pretty good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Dang you're a world traveler!!!

 

I don't mind 21 Pilots, different sound then most of the poppy stuff out there. I've heard some metal re-mixes of stressed out and heathens that were pretty good too.

I'm just lucky that my dad has the same taste in music that I do (Aside from TOP) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

The real big ones I've been to were:

 

AC/DC (2008 All-state Arena) 

 

U2 (2011 Cape Town, South Africa)

 

Judas Priest (2015 BA, Argentina)

 

Metallica (2015 Rio, Brazil

 

I've also been to like six Twenty One Pilot concerts. But I doubt any of you guys reading this like them lol. 

You've been to Cape Town Gabriel? Sweet. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to see that city before I die. Cool. Just to feel Nelson Mandela's presence around me in spirit if nothing else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You've been to Cape Town Gabriel? Sweet. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to see that city before I die. Cool. Just to feel Nelson Mandela's presence around me in spirit if nothing else. 

It's an awesome place. I couldn't imagine living their thought with how expensive it is. I was also there and other SA cities for World Cup in 2010. Beautiful country 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2017 at 5:41 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I've also been to like six Twenty One Pilot concerts. But I doubt any of you guys reading this like them lol. 

They were the musical guests on Saturday Night Live back in October, and their live performance, even with just the two tracks they get on SNL, was pretty great. If that is what they sound like in concert I would definitely check them out.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

They were the musical guests on Saturday Night Live back in October, and their live performance, even with just the two tracks they get on SNL, was pretty great. If that is what they sound like in concert I would definitely check them out.  

They aren't too bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@coltsfansince65  I went to the Steve Hackett concert yesterday in Manhattan. I enjoyed it very much. He played some of his new music from the album that will be released in late March. He also played some of his old Genesis music which the crowd loved. I especially enjoyed Shadow of the Heirophant, The Steppes, and Musical Box.

 

The guy sitting next to me attended the same concert the night before in Reading, PA. He said he goes to as many Prog Rock concerts as he can get to. He was the one who told me the names of most of the songs.

 

I had an awesome time. Thank you for recommending it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@coltsfansince65  I went to the Steve Hackett concert yesterday in Manhattan. I enjoyed it very much. He played some of his new music from the album that will be released in late March. He also played some of his old Genesis music which the crowd loved. I especially enjoyed Shadow of the Heirophant, The Steppes, and Musical Box.

 

The guy sitting next to me attended the same concert the night before in Reading, PA. He said he goes to as many Prog Rock concerts as he can get to. He was the one who told me the names of most of the songs.

 

I had an awesome time. Thank you for recommending it.

I am so happy you enjoyed it. I always envy people experiencing him for the first time. It never gets old for me. 

I saw him the week before at the PAC Center in Newark. He only played the closing section of Shadow of the Hierophant on this tour. This song was on his first solo album Voyage of the Acolyte with vocals by Amanda Lehmann. Amanda is the sister of Steve's wife Jo.

 

I thought the singer (Nad Sylvan) did a better job covering the earlier Genesis material than he did the songs originally sung by Phil Collins.

 

Looking forward to the release of his new album. I preordered it a month or so ago. I will likely receive an autographed copy.  So glad you went & had a good time.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I am so happy you enjoyed it. I always envy people experiencing him for the first time. It never gets old for me. 

I saw him the week before at the PAC Center in Newark. He only played the closing section of Shadow of the Hierophant on this tour. This song was on his first solo album Voyage of the Acolyte with vocals by Amanda Lehmann. Amanda is the sister of Steve's wife Jo.

 

I thought the singer (Nad Sylvan) did a better job covering the earlier Genesis material than he did the songs originally sung by Phil Collins.

 

Looking forward to the release of his new album. I preordered it a month or so ago. I will likely receive an autographed copy.  So glad you went & had a good time.

 

Have you heard of or been to the Rites of Spring (ROS) Festival? The guy next to me shared that fans of Prog Rock attend that for a full weekend of music. He said it takes place in Gettysburg, PA. It must be a lot of fun for all of you. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Have you heard of or been to the Rites of Spring (ROS) Festival? The guy next to me shared that fans of Prog Rock attend that for a full weekend of music. He said it takes place in Gettysburg, PA. It must be a lot of fun for all of you. 

Yes, I've attended a few ROSFest weekends. Haven't in several years as the lineups haven't been as impressive as in the past. I used to attend NEARFest which is pretty much the same type of festival but closer to home for me. In fact, the Nearfest was at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa. Only 10 minutes from my son's house. I would stay at his place each night instead of making the 90 minute trip home each night. 

 

Btw, The Musical Box is playing at the Keswick in Glenside, Pa on March 4th & April 15th.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yes, I've attended a few ROSFest weekends. Haven't in several years as the lineups haven't been as impressive as in the past. I used to attend NEARFest which is pretty much the same type of festival but closer to home for me. In fact, the Nearfest was at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa. Only 10 minutes from my son's house. I would stay at his place each night instead of making the 90 minute trip home each night. 

 

Btw, The Musical Box is playing at the Keswick in Glenside, Pa on March 4th & April 15th.

 

I heard about NEAR Fest too. The person sitting next to me said he lives in Allentown, PA near Bethlehem and has attended that Fest too. 

 

Thanks for sharing the information on The Musical Box. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for those that care, while I was in Indy I ended up going to the Slippery Noodle with the guy that I was working with at Rolls Royce and caught their blues jam night.  Then after he decided to call it quits for the night, I went to the Melody Inn and got some rock in.  The Melody Inn is my kind of place, a hole-in-the-wall bar with a decent beer selection, a good mix of local and touring bands, and a reasonable cover charge.  I would probably be a regular there if I ever moved to Indy.  I was going to go to a show at the Hi Fi the following night, but it sold out and I couldn't get in.  I wasn't expecting that to be a problem on a week night in Indy.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2017 at 5:55 PM, corgi said:

Don't feel bad, I'm only 30. Most of the music I'm into came out between 1997 and now. Although I am a huge fan of grunge and 80s Metal. I'm getting to the point now where I recognize none of the modern music on the radio. 

And don't forget the 70's where metal started. There's some amazing music from then that can't be ignored. See Black Sabbath/Deep Purple to begin with.

 

Metal and rock isn't just about fast riffs and how to outdo the next band. Some of the best metal/rock has never been heard on the radio.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

And don't forget the 70's where metal started. There's some amazing music from then that can't be ignored. See Black Sabbath/Deep Purple to begin with.

 

Metal and rock isn't just about fast riffs and how to outdo the next band. Some of the best metal/rock has never been heard on the radio.

I prefer Dio Sabbath to Ozzie Sabbath, mainly  because I love Dio. also realky dig Motorhead. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

And don't forget the 70's where metal started. There's some amazing music from then that can't be ignored. See Black Sabbath/Deep Purple to begin with.

 

Metal and rock isn't just about fast riffs and how to outdo the next band. Some of the best metal/rock has never been heard on the radio.

I think your comment about bands best stuff never reaching the radio is true to just about any bands that have some time under their belts.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, corgi said:

I prefer Dio Sabbath to Ozzie Sabbath, mainly  because I love Dio. also realky dig Motorhead. 

DIO!!!!!

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been a metalhead myself.  I'm older now but still metal.  I haven't been to a ton of concerts but have managed to see some of the "elite" of metal like Ozzy, Metallica, Megadeth (just a few years ago).  Even saw some hard rock like Van Halen and Poison back in their heyday. 

 

Went to Monsters of Rock back in '88 at the old RCA Dome and i am STILL kicking myself to this day that I didn't cut school to go see Metallica back then, but they were on early during school.  I knew of them but they weren't real big back then and I didn't go until later when Dokken was in the middle of their set, and then saw the Scorpions and Van Halen.  It was a HUGE event.  Good times!

 

Of the newer bands I really like Allegaeon.  Not so much the screams and growls which most of the newer bands seem to be into but their guitar work is very good and they synch well together.  Would love to see them live but I aint goin by myself.  LOG is not bad either.  Glad Randy made it out of the Czech republic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.