RockThatBlue

Concerts you've been too...

117 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

At least Genesis had Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford and did put out some pretty good stuff regardless of Phil Collins. Stuff like Domino, Home By The Sea and Driving The Last Spike.

No doubt. They lost me after Duke. Although, I did like Calling All Stations & really wish they had given it another try but it was not to be.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

No doubt. They lost me after Duke. Although, I did like Calling All Stations & really wish they had given it another try but it was not to be.

The thing about Genesis is they were huge world wide while not being that way here in America. I have seen them a couple of times at the Mama tour and We Cant Dance tour and they did put on a great show. They were the first band I seen that did blow the top off the RCA dome and that was a feat all in itself. That place was bad for concerts.

1 person likes this

Like some others have said, I've been to a lot of concerts. I saw AC/DC for the Back in Black tour. Saw the Eagles, Cinderella (which was a GREAT live show!) The Tubes multiple times.... too many shows to list here, really.

I will say though, my all time favorite was Joe Cocker. Saw Joe..... 10 yrs ago. I was blown away. 

1 hour ago, CrazyHorse said:

Like some others have said, I've been to a lot of concerts. I saw AC/DC for the Back in Black tour. Saw the Eagles, Cinderella (which was a GREAT live show!) The Tubes multiple times.... too many shows to list here, really.

I will say though, my all time favorite was Joe Cocker. Saw Joe..... 10 yrs ago. I was blown away. 

I have to agree with Joe Cocker. He was one of a kind for sure. Him and his band must have jammed to High Time We Went for 15 minutes in the encore. His version of U2s One was something special. I have never seen the Eagles but have seen Joe Walsh a couple of times and Don Henley's solo tour. I can imagine how good they were together.

Isley Brothers. Ronald can't hold a note anymore, but the music still sounds good. 

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Man, those are some great bands you've saw in concert. I'm jealous.

How was Lamb of god? I've always heard def leppard black sabbath and poison were kick butt in concert.

Lamb of God was amazing they are one of my favorite heavy metal bands Chris addler is one hell of a drummer!!!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Solon said:

Isley Brothers. Ronald can't hold a note anymore, but the music still sounds good. 

I seen the Isley Brothers quite sometime ago at the legends for liberty shows. It was them, the Four Tops, Association, Paul Revere, Tommy James and Spirit. A strange combination but we had a good time. The was at the clay courts in Indy.

Last night we added James Taylor to our list.  

james-taylor-tour-dates1.jpg

2 people like this

Best show had to be Presidents of the United States of America.  Black Stone Cherry puts on one heck of a show too.  Their Drummer John Fred Young's dad and uncle are in Kentucky Head Hunters

Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, Elton John & Billy Joel, Eric Church, Amos Lee, Ray Lamontagne, George Strait...Just to name a few

Big Amos Lee fan for the past few years

1 person likes this

I've seen AC/DC (with original singer Bon Scott back in '78 or '79, before he passed away), Black Sabbath (with Ronnie James Dio singing), Foghat, Bon Jovi (their first tour in '83), Rush (3 times), Robert Plant, Stevie Ray Vaughan (one of the best shows I've been to. Was his last tour before he died), Blue Oyster Cult, Alice In Chains, Yes, Scorpions, Joe Cocker, Billy Squier, The Babies and a bunch of others I can't even remember right now.

1 person likes this

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 6:48 PM, coltsfansince65 said:

...to a Slayer/311 bill in Asbury Park, NJ.

Was that at the Stone Pony?

So the reason that I am digging this thread back up is that it is looking very likely that I am going to be in Indianapolis for work on February 13-15 and I want to try to hit up the local knowledge base here.  If I get a chance to go out after work one of those nights, are there any local bands playing that I should make an effort to see?  Also, what are some good small venues in Indy to see local bands?  I've done some Internet searching, but the locals usually know best.

1 person likes this

I'm going to Bon Jovi in March and the Red Hot Chili Peppers in May both at bankers life fieldhouse 

1 person likes this

On 8/1/2016 at 9:39 AM, IndyD4U said:

Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, Elton John & Billy Joel, Eric Church, Amos Lee, Ray Lamontagne, George Strait...Just to name a few

Big Amos Lee fan for the past few years

Damn, thats impressive. I've always wanted to see Aerosmith.

3 hours ago, JCPatriot said:

So the reason that I am digging this thread back up is that it is looking very likely that I am going to be in Indianapolis for work on February 13-15 and I want to try to hit up the local knowledge base here.  If I get a chance to go out after work one of those nights, are there any local bands playing that I should make an effort to see?  Also, what are some good small venues in Indy to see local bands?  I've done some Internet searching, but the locals usually know best.

It was in Convention Hall. I went with my son & daughter. Dad stayed on the outskirts in the seats.

Enjoy your trip to Indy. I hope you get to see some real good live music.

9 hours ago, JCPatriot said:

Extend your stay and watch "Here Come the Mummies" at the Vogue on the 17th...

Slipknot, KoRn, Metallica, Rob Zombie, lamb of god, The Misfits, Ghost, Stone Sour, Marilyn Manson, Motionless in White, Gojira, Bullet for my Valentine, Godsmack, Breaking Benjamin.

Going to Chicago Open Air, Def Leppard/Poison, Iron Maiden/Ghost, and hopefully more this year. 

Also worked/set up the stage and dreasing rooms for Metallica, lamb of god, Gojira, U2, and Muse. \m/

1 person likes this

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 7:06 PM, coltsfansince65 said:

It was in Convention Hall. I went with my son & daughter. Dad stayed on the outskirts in the seats.

I've gone to one show at Convention Hall, and it's the only show that I've ever walked out on.

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 1:26 AM, Buck Showalter said:

Extend your stay and watch "Here Come the Mummies" at the Vogue on the 17th...

I skipped over the Vogue when I was searching because it was listed as a night club, and that's never really been my thing.  In any case, extending my stay most likely isn't an option.  Right now, I'm looking at the Melody Inn, the Tin Roof, or the Slippery Noodle.  The Hoosier Dome looks kind of cool, but it also looks like a venue that I am way too old for at this point.  It says "all ages," but I have a feeling that "all ages" really means "people that would look at me weird and say, 'hey, what's this old guy doing here' if I showed up."  The pictures that I saw kind of remind me of New Brunswick basement shows.

9 hours ago, JCPatriot said:

I've gone to one show at Convention Hall, and it's the only show that I've ever walked out on.

I skipped over the Vogue when I was searching because it was listed as a night club, and that's never really been my thing.  In any case, extending my stay most likely isn't an option.  Right now, I'm looking at the Melody Inn, the Tin Roof, or the Slippery Noodle.  The Hoosier Dome looks kind of cool, but it also looks like a venue that I am way too old for at this point.  It says "all ages," but I have a feeling that "all ages" really means "people that would look at me weird and say, 'hey, what's this old guy doing here' if I showed up."  The pictures that I saw kind of remind me of New Brunswick basement shows.

Who was playing that you walked out on? I've seen a bunch of shows at Convention Hall. ELO, Blondie, Humble Pie, 311 & Slayer are just a few I can remember. I don't think I've ever walked out on a show that I paid money to see.

Speaking of New Brunswick basement shows, have you ever been to shows at the Melody? I live 10 minutes from New Brunswick.

3 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

311 & Slayer

Wow that would have been an interesting show, talk about two bands on the complete opposite side of the spectrum!!! I'm a fan  of both, shoot I'm a fan of all types of music, mainly Rock/Metal though!

22 hours ago, Gramz said:

https://www.facebook.com/heartsonfire2017/?ref=page_internal

We go to several concerts every year.  We also continue to perform with our Trio once or twice a month at local clubs.   haha  bet ya'll didn't know Gramz does this.  

WOW! you're right, I wouldn't have guessed it!!!  That's a really cool name for a band, too.

KEEP ON ROCKIN GRAMZ!!!!!!

2 people like this

23 hours ago, corgi said:

Slipknot, KoRn, Metallica, Rob Zombie, lamb of god, The Misfits, Ghost, Stone Sour, Marilyn Manson, Motionless in White, Gojira, Bullet for my Valentine, Godsmack, Breaking Benjamin.

Going to Chicago Open Air, Def Leppard/Poison, Iron Maiden/Ghost, and hopefully more this year. 

Also worked/set up the stage and dreasing rooms for Metallica, lamb of god, Gojira, U2, and Muse. \m/

We must be Brothers from different mothers, big fan of a lot of those bands and have seen most of them live. I try to catch at least a couple shows a year...went to Louder then Life last year and some smaller venues too. Might do Rock On the Range this year, good lineup coming.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Who was playing that you walked out on? I've seen a bunch of shows at Convention Hall. ELO, Blondie, Humble Pie, 311 & Slayer are just a few I can remember. I don't think I've ever walked out on a show that I paid money to see.

It was a local band.  I'm not going to say who it was because I don't want to talk negatively about them.  The lead singer was picking on this guy at the front of the crowd for not dancing, and he ended up having security throw the guy out because of it.  He actually jumped down off stage in the middle of an instrumental break and ran to the back to get security to throw the guy out.  It just killed the vibe for me.....partly because I'm not much of a dancer myself so I felt bad for him.  Anyway, after a few minutes I realized that I wasn't enjoying being there, so I left.

5 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Speaking of New Brunswick basement shows, have you ever been to shows at the Melody? I live 10 minutes from New Brunswick.

Never been to the Melody.  Never heard of it, actually.  As a general rule, I don't venture up to New Brunswick for shows.  It's a college town, and I'm just too old for that crowd.  I prefer to stick to Asbury where there is a wider age demographic......plus I don't have to worry about transportation.  Just walk out the front door and go.  The only show that I have ever been to in New Brunswick was at the Court Tavern, and even then I felt kind of awkward being there.  The only reason that I went was because three of the four band on the bill were bands that I really enjoy, and one of them was a band that I don't get to see very often.

On 1/31/2017 at 9:27 AM, corgi said:

% I'm going to open air too!!! Gonna try for Iron Maiden and Ghost too. I'm a big fan of Ghost.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

We must be Brothers from different mothers, big fan of a lot of those bands and have seen most of them live. I try to catch at least a couple shows a year...went to Louder then Life last year and some smaller venues too. Might do Rock On the Range this year, good lineup coming.

I heard rock on the range is sold out 

39 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I heard rock on the range is sold out 

Live nation has tix, but they are salty!

3 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Live nation has tix, but they are salty!

Yeah they are expensive too much for me lol

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

% I'm going to open air too!!! Gonna try for Iron Maiden and Ghost too. I'm a big fan of Ghost.

Pumped for Open Air! Saw Ghost at the Filmore in Charlotte back in November, they were fantastic.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Pumped for Open Air! Saw Ghost at the Filmore in Charlotte back in November, theywere fantastic.

Just now, corgi said:

Pumped for Open Air! Saw Ghost at the Filmore in Charlotte back in November, they were fantastic.

I am too it looks like a kick *** show! I had no idea who ghost was til I seen them open for deftones and avenged sevenfold at Klipsch in Noblesville. Loved them ever since!! I can't wait to see megadeth at open air been dying to see Dave shred it up live.

43 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I am too it looks like a kick *** show! I had no idea who ghost was til I seen them open for deftones and avenged sevenfold at Klipsch in Noblesville. Loved them ever since!! I can't wait to see megadeth at open air been dying to see Dave shred it up live.

Hey I was at that show too!!! Avenged is my favorite band and Deftones are a close second. I've seen Ghost twice, they put on a great show, never knew Papa was so funny! I don't really get into thier message, but really enjoy the music they make....if that makes sense? \m/

41 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Hey I was at that show too!!! Avenged is my favorite band and Deftones are a close second. I've seen Ghost twice, they put on a great show, never knew Papa was so funny! I don't really get into thier message, but really enjoy the music they make....if that makes sense? \m/

It was a great show!! I know what you mean with Ghost that scares alot of people away.

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing KoRn for the fourth time. They've been my favorite band for 20 years now. Not even going to lie I'm excited for Steel Panther, they're hilarious and great. Also so very very pumped for Vimic. I've seen Slipknot four times now and I never saw them while Joey was drumming for them, so getting a chance to see Joey Jordison live is a bucket list moment. Really hope I get to meet Joey Jordison, Corey Taylor, KoRn, Rob Zombie, John 5, & Piggy D. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Would go to Carolina Rebellion this year but that lineup is a dumpster fire.

haha  I am clearly out of my element here.   I don't recognize the names of most of the bands you all are raving about.   lmao

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, corgi said:

I'm looking forward to seeing KoRn for the fourth time. They've been my favorite band for 20 years now. Not even going to lie I'm excited for Steel Panther, they're hilarious and great. Also so very very pumped for Vimic. I've seen Slipknot four times now and I never saw them while Joey was drumming for them, so getting a chance to see Joey Jordison live is a bucket list moment. Really hope I get to meet Joey Jordison, Corey Taylor, KoRn, Rob Zombie, John 5, & Piggy D. 

I'm pumped to see Lamb of God again too and Ozzy solo I've seen him with Sabbath but never solo. Also excited to see Rob too cause last time I seen him he just played all White Zombie Astro Creep. Have always been a fan of Godsmack but I've never seen them live so that should be cool.

17 minutes ago, corgi said:

Would go to Carolina Rebellion this year but that lineup is a dumpster fire.

If I was near there I'd go just for The Offspring lmao I LOVE them!!

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm pumped to see Lamb of God again too and Ozzy solo I've seen him with Sabbath but never solo. Also excited to see Rob too cause last time I seen him he just played all White Zombie Astro Creep. Have always been a fan of Godsmack but I've never seen them live so that should be cool.

My wife and my third date was a Metallica concert where Godsmack was the opener. I also saw Godsmack with KoRn and Breaking Benjamin when I was in high school and caught a Godsmack show at house of blues in Myrtle Beach. Zombie was great last summer, played pretty much everything you could've wanted. Lamb of God is fantastic live, those guys live like two hours away and I've only seen them twice. I have a lamb of god tattoo so that makes up for that.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

If I was near there 8d go just for The Offspring lmao I LOVE them!!

Dude, Americana is still one of my favorite albums. It's not even their best but it was my introduction. Random fact, Dexter Holland's uncle is Tom Holland the director of Child's Play and Fright Night. Dexter is a fascinating guy. 

1 person likes this

Just now, corgi said:

My wife and my third date was a Metallica concert where Godsmack was the opener. I also saw Godsmack with KoRn and Breaking Benjamin when I was in high school and caught a Godsmack show at house of blues in Myrtle Beach. Zombie was great last summer, played pretty much everything you could've wanted. Lamb of God is fantastic live, those guys live like two hours away and I've only seen them twice. I have a lamb of god tattoo so that makes up for that.

Dude, Americana is still one of my favorite albums. It's not even their best but it was my introduction. Random fact, Dexter Holland's uncle is Tom Holland the director of Child's Play and Fright Night. Dexter is a fascinating guy. 

I'm dying to see The Offspring!!! Haven't seen them or Linkin Park and those were my 2 bands growing up. I've missed alot of concerts cause when I was in high school I got real sick for like 4 years and couldn't get out and do much of anything it really sucked lol. I like Korn too my cousin says they have one hell of a show.

1 person likes this