Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is luck's value being diminished?

CR91

I really am not one to listen to the media or give what they say much thought as you all know I think their all parasites, however it's amazing how much their de-valuing him now. He was the undisputed future face of football to now being mentioned as not even a top 10 QB by some media outlets. Now let's be real luck isn't perfect. He makes what he calls bone-head mistakes, but it isn't for a lack of trying. People say Wilson and Newton are better because they went to and/or won a super bowl. When you have a great defense and/or running game, as a QB you really aren't asked to do much other then don't screw up. People forget luck took a team with no running game or defense to one win away from the super bowl, set multiple records for QBs in a four year span and went to the pro bowl three straight times. The media needs to understand how valuable luck really is as do some fans here.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I really am not one to listen to the media or give what they say much thought as you all know I think their all parasites, however it's amazing how much their de-valuing him now. He was the undisputed future face of football to now being mentioned as not even a top 10 QB by some media outlets. Now let's real luck isn't perfect. He makes what he calls bone-head mistakes, but it isn't for a lack of trying. People say Wilson and Newton are better because they went to and/or went to a super bowl. When you have a great defense and/or running game, as a QB you really aren't asked to do much other then don't screw up. People forget luck took a team with no running game or defense to one win away from the super bowl, set multiple records for QBs in a four year span and went to the pro bowl three straight times. The media needs to understand how valuable luck really is as do some fans here.

I think its more of the old "what have you done lately" and Luck was hurt last year and lets face it Newton went to the SB last year and had a fantastic season. Almost could call it dominating so, I think it's more of the fact that Newton took huge strides last year and sort of maybe over shadowed Luck since Luck was out of sight out of mind with being injured. JMO

I do not think that Luck has ever been as highly valued across the NFL as he is here. Perhaps that is how it should be. I have never ranked Luck in the top ten QBs in the league and I certainly don't now. He is coming off of a separation of his throwing shoulder. It might be mid season or longer before we see what we really have now. Who are the ten QBs that I have ahead of him? This is for this season only and there is no order to the list.

Rodgers

Big Ben

Eli Manning

Brees

Brady

Rivers

Matt Ryan from Atlanta

Flaco

Wilson

Newton

I would not argue with anyone who have Winston And Mariota ahead of based on rookie contracts and potential. This could all change quickly if Luck comes out and is obviously 100%. I do not see him being rated ahead of any of the SB QBs even then. Just my feet are on the ground opinion. I see lots of flaws in his game. I saw where someone said he is a slow thinker. Not in real life, of course but in football thinking it might be about right. I do not see him ever being in Peyton's or any of the best 5 QBs in that catagory.

Well he's the highest paid player now, so if his value has been "diminished," Irsay sure didn't notice. But all joking aside, Cam Newton and the Panthers went 8-8 in 2014, in a division that had no teams over .500, and people were saying very similar things about him going into last season, especially regarding his $100mil contract. We all saw how things panned out for Carolina since '14, and while this Colts team doesn't have the defense that the Panthers have, they do have the pieces in place on offense for Luck to have a similar type of season, in fact most would argue that Indy has far better weapons on offense.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

You would rather have flacco Ryan rivers eli right now over luck?

Not necessarily but I rate them ahead of him right now. Those players are getting older. That is why I said this year only. He will never get ahead of Flaco and Eli unless he gets to the SB and perhaps not then.

18 minutes ago, TheGreatManning18Fan said:

Newton above Lucknis laughable, The pressure he (Cam) faced in the Superbowl is the pressure LUCK has faced in just about every game and not to mention Cams defense has bailed him out a bunch of games. 

Newton is far, far ahead of Luck. MVP means something and he is going to win more of them and get to more SBs.

22 minutes ago, TheGreatManning18Fan said:

Newton above Lucknis laughable, The pressure he (Cam) faced in the Superbowl is the pressure LUCK has faced in just about every game and not to mention Cams defense has bailed him out a bunch of games. 

Yes, but Cam doesn't have the pass catchers Luck does.  I'm sure Cam would have loved a group of pass catchers that includes Dwayne Allen, Hilton, Moncrief, Fleener, and Dorsett instead of Greg Olsen and nobody else.  Cam had a better season than Luck last year, so it makes sense to rank him ahead.  But it's very possible that Luck is the #1 QB in football next year.

Luck throws the ball to the other team too much.  It's just that simple.  Now I have him over Eli and Flacco but Luck isn't as good as Cam or Wilson or Rivers etc.  Even in his best statistical year 40 TD and 16 INT there were so many games that Luck threw the ball to the other team and they just dropped it.  He has a lot of Jay Cutler in him mixed with Big Ben and Brett Favre.  He just doesn't know when to give up on a play.

And that's not even exploring his fumbling problem.  As far as pure skills mixed with physical traits he's the #1 guy in the NFL IMO.  But his decision making and unwillingness to live to play another down total hamstrings his natural gifts.

1 hour ago, Ollonesomeme said:

Not necessarily but I rate them ahead of him right now. Those players are getting older. That is why I said this year only. He will never get ahead of Flaco and Eli unless he gets to the SB and perhaps not then.

Super bowls are not everything. You have nobody qbs like Trent dilfer and Brad Johnson that won super bowls. Jake delhomme almost won a super bowl. 

Anyone who has seen him play knows his value.  RG3 was rookie of the year over him, Wilson won a SB, Cam won MVP.

The common thread is that they all had better teams around them when they accomplished those feats.  Luck took three really mediocre teams to 11-5 records and the playoffs his first three years.  Even injured last season he came back and beat the SB champs.

Undervalued?  Hardly worth discussing.  (But I'm glad the OP brought it up, nothing much going on now)

5 hours ago, theanarchist said:

I think its more of the old "what have you done lately" and Luck was hurt last year and lets face it Newton went to the SB last year and had a fantastic season. Almost could call it dominating so, I think it's more of the fact that Newton took huge strides last year and sort of maybe over shadowed Luck since Luck was out of sight out of mind with being injured. JMO

What's worse, Russell (another close Luck comparison), took his Seahawks to the Superbowl last season and even won the Superbowl the year before that.

People forget Luck has taken the Colts into a deep playoff spot the season before last; however, we never reached the Superbowl, so media outlets could care less how deep he brought us. If we don't make the Superbowl, people could care less how well we do in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

Luck throws the ball to the other team too much.  It's just that simple.  Now I have him over Eli and Flacco but Luck isn't as good as Cam or Wilson or Rivers etc.  Even in his best statistical year 40 TD and 16 INT there were so many games that Luck threw the ball to the other team and they just dropped it.  He has a lot of Jay Cutler in him mixed with Big Ben and Brett Favre.  He just doesn't know when to give up on a play.

And that's not even exploring his fumbling problem.  As far as pure skills mixed with physical traits he's the #1 guy in the NFL IMO.  But his decision making and unwillingness to live to play another down total hamstrings his natural gifts.

I said this in an earlier comment but the 'gunslinger' mentality is what you get with Luck. Farve spent his whole career dealing with the same thing. Big Ben is like that too but he always had a good defense to make up for his mistakes. Exactly what your are talking about is what makes Luck part of who he is. A football player more that a pure Quarterback. Yes it can be a downer at times but that is what makes him exciting to watch.

The media doesn't establish Luck's value.       The National Football League does.

Threads like this are what Superman calls "Prisoner of the Moment"....      just a classic over-reaction.

If Andrew Luck performs like Andrew Luck,  then the media will be back hailing him as a top-5 quarterback.

All these stories now are just a snapshot at a moment in time.      Who cares?      Let it be water off a duck's back.     Seriously.      This is not a big deal.

I know we're all starved for stories and information this time of year,   but don't sweat the small stuff.

3 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

I want whatever you are on.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The media doesn't establish Luck's value.       The National Football League does.

Threads like this are what Superman calls "Prisoner of the Moment"....      just a classic over-reaction.

If Andrew Luck performs like Andrew Luck,  then the media will be back hailing him as a top-5 quarterback.

All these stories now are just a snapshot at a moment in time.      Who cares?      Let it be water off a duck's back.     Seriously.      This is not a big deal.

I know we're all starved for stories and information this time of year,   but don't sweat the small stuff.

The media doesn't make any money if everything is status quo, they are always looking for clicks, reads, ratings, etc.

It's extremely easy for them to do this and then backtrack if / when Luck returns to form, as it will make more news then.

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

But it coming to a point where their just discrediting everything luck has accomplished 

59 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

The media doesn't make any money if everything is status quo, they are always looking for clicks, reads, ratings, etc.

It's extremely easy for them to do this and then backtrack if / when Luck returns to form, as it will make more news then.

It doesn't make a difference.      Because,  as I said,  the media doesn't establish the worth of a player of Luck's caliber.     Or anyone else for that matter.

The NFL does.     They're the only ones who know what a player is worth.     Not the media.

7 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

I do not think that Luck has ever been as highly valued across the NFL as he is here. Perhaps that is how it should be. I have never ranked Luck in the top ten QBs in the league and I certainly don't now. He is coming off of a separation of his throwing shoulder. It might be mid season or longer before we see what we really have now. Who are the ten QBs that I have ahead of him? This is for this season only and there is no order to the list.

Rodgers

Big Ben

Eli Manning

Brees

Brady

Rivers

Matt Ryan from Atlanta

Flaco

Wilson

Newton

I would not argue with anyone who have Winston And Mariota ahead of based on rookie contracts and potential. This could all change quickly if Luck comes out and is obviously 100%. I do not see him being rated ahead of any of the SB QBs even then. Just my feet are on the ground opinion. I see lots of flaws in his game. I saw where someone said he is a slow thinker. Not in real life, of course but in football thinking it might be about right. I do not see him ever being in Peyton's or any of the best 5 QBs in that catagory.

gKqNY.gif

36 minutes ago, CR91 said:

But it coming to a point where their just discrediting everything luck has accomplished 

No one is discrediting Luck.......    the media doesn't have that kind of power.

They're simply pointing out his flaws and that he's coming off a bad year mostly caused by injuries.

He's already being mentioned as one of the leading candidates for Comeback Player of the Year.

The media doesn't hate Andrew Luck.       There's no problem here.     You're worrying over nothing.

It's the off-season,  take a deep breath and relax.      If things were as bad as you think,  don't you think they're be literally hundreds of posts agreeing with you?      Where are those posts?      

Nothing is wrong.    Everything is fine.

4 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

What are you talking about?

Luck has already been ranked ahead of Flacco and Eli....    like in 2014 and before 2015.

He might be ranked behind them this year because of his injury plagued year last year. 

Luck has already been called a top-5 QB in years past.    He was only behind Brady, Manning,  Rodgers and Brees.     Luck was 5th.      And that was a poll done of NFL executives.

The sky isn't falling.    Everything is fine.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup.

To the bolded, specifically the market for QBs. Luck just got paid, and everyone knows he could have commanded more, even from the Colts, let alone a free market. His value, as it relates to his contract, is pretty much undeniable.

As for who is better, where he ranks now, where he could rank in the future, etc., etc., that stuff will be debated forever, I'm sure. Just like Manning/Brady, I expect Luck/Newton/Wilson to be the topic of message boards for the next decade, assuming none of them drop off.

I would like to point out that there's a simple reason Luck got a better contract than Wilson, in particular: He had more leverage. Luck was on the fifth year option for $16m, he could have waited out the Colts, even letting them use the franchise tag in 2017, if he wanted. Wilson was making $1.5m in his third season. He had an $88m contract in front of him, with a $31m signing bonus. He's also a year older than Luck, but reaching FA two years sooner, and will have another crack at the nut before the new CBA kicks in. Luck has to wait until the new CBA is in place.

5 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

Newton is far, far ahead of Luck. MVP means something and he is going to win more of them and get to more :) Cam has played 23 more games than Luck.But only leads him by 3,425 passing yards and only 16 passing Tds so i continue to laugh if anybody really thinks Cam is better than Luck. Better running back yes i will give him that but Better Qb now thats a joke. I will continue to say Superbowl is a team stat not a individual stat if it wasn't than we could argue all night that trent dilfer is better than Dan Marino and as good as Brett Favre. Cam had a good year but thats about it. 

14 hours ago, theanarchist said:

I agree with you there but it's kinda annoying how the Dallas Cowboys always are void of this. No matter how inconsistent Romo and the Boys are, they always seem to be NFC East favourites every yearhaha

7 hours ago, Superman said:

gKqNY.gif

Yes I found that Post you are referring to CLOWN FUNNY! This movie here is in my Top 10 of all-time. Anyway Andrew Luck IMO has been a Top 10 QB since he entered the league and was taking a 2-14 team to 11-5 with a garbage Roster. So many people are "in the prisoner of the moment" and try to base everything on 1 season for some silly reason. Cam was 7-8-1 in 2014 and look at what he did last season. Carson Palmer looked done years ago and had a Great season in 2015. Based on Andrew's first 3 season's he is Top 10. I look at the full body of work not just 1 season. Now if he goes out there this season and stinks it up I will be concerned but that is highly doubtful.

11 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

Newton is far, far ahead of Luck. MVP means something and he is going to win more of them and get to more SBs.

I wont rant but Cam isn't "far, far ahead of Luck". Yes he has an MVP but neither have a Ring and Andrew actually has a better record as a starting QB in the league in his career at 38-23 = 62.3% counting the Playoffs/Cam is 48-35-1 = 57.7%. Cam made a SB but his road was much easier to get there, we didn't make it in 2014 because as I already explained to you on another Thread we had to play the Patriots in Foxboro. Cam made the SB and stunk up the joint so what did he prove in the biggest game of them all, nothing is the answer. Denver made him look like crap! I would bet Cam nor Wilson will ever throw for 40 TD's in 1 season either which Andrew has already done as well.

10 hours ago, tikyle said:

If I hear one more person compare Luck to Brett Favre AKA the King of turnovers at the worst possible times in Championship Games, I'm going to break something. It is a ludicrous comparison because Brett played for 19 yrs almost 2 decades. Whereas, Luck has only been playing professional ball since 2012, a period of 4 yrs. Way to soon to condemn his QB skills & compare him to Jay Cutler--a man with minimal leadership skills, comeback skills, & rally the troop skills IMO. 

And why is Cam Newton getting his caboose kissed all of a sudden? A spoiled brat who loved to DAB & gloat until Von Miller gave him a much needed attitude adjustment. Take away The Legion of Boom & Tom Cable overseeing Seattle's offensive line & I highly doubt RW would be a SB Champion right now coupled with an elite back like Marshawn Lynch. Let's get real here okay. Why do so many people think that RW is the tide that lifts all boats? He's not. Yes, he good but is he say Joe Montana? Heavens no. Let's not forget that GB Game where RW played horrible for 3 & a half quarters shall we...Or how lucky the hawks were benefit from once in a lifetime mishaps that occur maybe once every 15-20 yrs or so. 

Luck is the real deal with an OC in Chud now that unlike Pep Hamilton knows how to distribute the ball & take pressure off Andrew. Sure, he needs to practice better ball security but what QB doesn't? Relax, Chewbacca will be just fine. 

13 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

If I hear one more person compare Luck to Brett Favre AKA the King of turnovers at the worst possible times in Championship Games, I'm going to break something. It is a ludicrous comparison because Brett played for 19 yrs almost 2 decades. Whereas, Luck has only been playing professional ball since 2012, a period of 4 yrs. Way to soon to condemn his QB skills & compare him to Jay Cutler--a man with minimal leadership skills, comeback skills, & rally the troop skills IMO. 

And why is Cam Newton getting his caboose kissed all of a sudden? A spoiled brat who loved to DAB & gloat until Von Miller gave him a much needed attitude adjustment. Take away The Legion of Boom & Tom Cable overseeing Seattle's offensive line & I highly doubt RW would be a SB Champion right now coupled with an elite back like Marshawn Lynch. Let's get real here okay. Why do so many people think that RW is the tide that lifts all boats? He's not. Yes, he good but is he say Joe Montana? Heavens no. Let's not forget that GB Game where RW played horrible for 3 & a half quarters shall we...Or how lucky the hawks were benefit from once in a lifetime mishaps that occur maybe once every 15-20 yrs or so. 

Luck is the real deal with an OC in Chud now that unlike Pep Hamilton knows how to distribute the ball & take pressure off Andrew. Sure, he needs to practice better ball security but what QB doesn't? Relax, Chewbacca will be just fine. 

So what are you going to break? When any QB with that 'gun slinger' mentality is around he is going to get compared to Farve. It comes with the territory. Matter of fact just about every QB in the league gets compared to some QB of the past. :dunno:

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wont rant but Cam isn't "far, far ahead of Luck". Yes he has an MVP but neither have a Ring and Andrew actually has a better record as a starting QB in the league in his career at 38-23 counting the Playoffs/Cam is . Cam made a SB but his road was much easier to get there, we didn't make it in 2014 because as I already explained to you on another Thread we had to play the Patriots in Foxboro. Cam made the SB and stunk up the joint so what did he prove in the biggest game of them all, nothing is the answer. Denver made him look crap! I would bet Cam nor Wilson will ever throw for 40 TD's in 1 season either which Andrew has already done as well.

Great post CBE! Luck has proven over multiple seasons that he can win playoff games while Newton has really only made his post season presence known for basically 1 yr. only. Let's see him [Cam] be as dominant over more than 1 season. 

All I know for sure is this: It was wonderful to see both Newton & Curry fall flat on their too big for their own britches faces when games meant the most. LOL! No, I don't hate either guy. They just needed a large slice of humble pie & got it. 

Andrew will win SBs plural for INDY. I can feel it in my bones my friend. :thmup:

12 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

Newton is good, but he is absolutely not better than a 100% healthy Luck. 

You say some real ridiculous stuff about Luck. I don't know if you're just a hater of Luck or what, but I can't recall the last time you said anything positive about him.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I said this in an earlier comment but the 'gunslinger' mentality is what you get with Luck. Farve spent his whole career dealing with the same thing. Big Ben is like that too but he always had a good defense to make up for his mistakes. Exactly what your are talking about is what makes Luck part of who he is. A football player more that a pure Quarterback. Yes it can be a downer at times but that is what makes him exciting to watch.

I don't mind comparing Andrew Luck to Big Ben since both guys have large frames & both QBs have a knack for improvising on the fly & they are extremely hard to sack or pull down. I can work with ya the Pittsburgh parallels with each man's scramble ability there & willingness to deliver the ball right before they are about to get hit. That is a reasonable comparison to me. 

I don't like the Brett Favre one because #4 was so selfish. He never took responsibility for bad throws. He just didn't & Brett always had this persona about him that he thought he was above reproach & criticism which always used to tick me off as a WI native. 

Maybe I was a little rough on tikyle as a new forum member. My apologies if I made you feel uncomfortable or came down on you like a ton of bricks. I usually do that whenever anybody praises the Dallas Cowboys or puts Favre in a positive light as a QB that is grossly absent of scrutiny in my estimation. 

I will throw you this bone though. I've always respected Philip Rivers game. Better than Luck? Come on now, let's not get crazy, but whenever he plays INDY, he always gives us fits. I fear Philip every time he has the ball in his hand with less than 2 minutes left in regulation. The man is extremely dangerous. No doubt about it. 

All I meant to convey was essentially this: Just be patient & give time for Luck to develop, grow, learn from his mistakes, & create his own NFL legacy. Rome wasn't build in a day. Greatness takes time to hone, tweak, & fine tune. Andrew will get where he needs to go. Of this, I have no doubt. 

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

I really am not one to listen to the media or give what they say much thought as you all know I think their all parasites, however it's amazing how much their de-valuing him now. He was the undisputed future face of football to now being mentioned as not even a top 10 QB by some media outlets. Now let's be real luck isn't perfect. He makes what he calls bone-head mistakes, but it isn't for a lack of trying. People say Wilson and Newton are better because they went to and/or won a super bowl. When you have a great defense and/or running game, as a QB you really aren't asked to do much other then don't screw up. People forget luck took a team with no running game or defense to one win away from the super bowl, set multiple records for QBs in a four year span and went to the pro bowl three straight times. The media needs to understand how valuable luck really is as do some fans here.

Let's not diminish Wilson's value.  In the last few years, Wilson has become a major cog of the Seattle offense.  

Last year, RW had a 68.1% completion percentage.  He threw for 4,024 yards, 34 TDs, with only 8 INTs.  He had a 110.1 QB rating.

Yeah, Wilson has a great defense to back him up, and a better running game than the Colts, but Seattle still aired it out plenty last year, and Wilson put up some pretty amazing numbers in the process.

So while I agree that Luck has been forgotten a bit because of his rough season last year, guys like Newton and Wilson have proven they are stud QBs, too. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I hate the Favre comparisons as well eventhough I do think he is a Top 10 QB of all-time so it doesn't totally suck. Having said that I bet most people don't even realize that Peyton Manning had 81 INT's in his first 4 seasons, guess how many Andrew has had - 55. That is right, 26 less. I get he missed 9 games so that is 9 games less than what Peyton played in the 4 season comparison but Andrew still wouldn't be near 81 had he played the whole season last year. Also I bet most people don't realize the last season Peyton won League MVP in Indianapolis he threw for only 33 TD's and had 16 INT's and just over 4500 Yards passing. Andrew in 2014 had 40 TD's, 16 INT's just like Peyton had in 2009, and Andrew had over 4700 Yards passing. Andrew's 2014 season was better than Peyton's 2009 Season.

36 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I don't mind comparing Andrew Luck to Big Ben since both guys have large frames & both QBs have a knack for improvising on the fly & they are extremely hard to sack or pull down. I can work with ya the Pittsburgh parallels with each man's scramble ability there & willingness to deliver the ball right before they are about to get hit. That is a reasonable comparison to me. 

I don't like the Brett Favre one because #4 was so selfish. He never took responsibility for bad throws. He just didn't & Brett always had this persona about him that he thought he was above reproach & criticism which always used to tick me off as a WI native. 

Andrew is very similar to Big Ben. That is a great comparison actually. I would say Big Ben is Top 25 of all-time at worse off the top of my head. He has won 2 SB's and been to 3 and even statistically has put up big numbers at times. He and Andrew play the same style, they love running out of the pocket, can throw the deep ball well, and love throwing on the run. They both also can take punishment and seem like they don't mind it LOL. It gets them injured at times but that is Football.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate the Favre comparisons as well eventhough I do think he is a Top 10 QB of all-time so it doesn't totally suck. Having said that I bet most people don't even realize that Peyton Manning had 81 INT's in his first 4 seasons, guess how many Andrew has had - 55. That is right, 26 less. I get he missed 9 games so that is 9 games less than what Peyton played in the 4 season comparison but Andrew still wouldn't be near 81 had a played the whole season last year. Also I bet most people don't realize the last season Peyton won League MVP in Indianapolis he threw for only 33 TD's and had 16 INT's and just over 4500 Yards passing. Andrew in 2014 had 40 TD's, 16 INT's just like Peyton had in 2009, and Andrew had over 4700 Yards passing. Andrew's 2014 season was better than Peyton's 2009 Season.

Bogie will like what you said that I bolded since #4 is probably his favorite QB followed by Warren Moon. Okay sure, Brett deserves to be in the HOF & even I have to admit that he had a miraculous 2009 season in Minnesota.

In addition, I know Bogie thinks Manning had a horrible yr in Denver with turnovers, which isn't exactly untrue either. 

You're very good with stats BTW CBE. A compelling way to validate your points & promote persuasive arguments. 

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Bogie will like what you said that I bolded since #4 is probably his favorite QB followed by Warren Moon. Okay sure, Brett deserves to be in the HOF & even I have to admit that he had a miraculous 2009 season in Minnesota.

In addition, I know Bogie thinks Manning had a horrible yr in Denver with turnovers, which isn't exactly untrue either. 

You're very good with stats BTW CBE. A compelling way to validate your points & promote persuasive arguments. 

Besides just ranting I do occasionally like to present facts and not just emotion to the equation haha. I like Bogie, it took me a while to get used to him but he knows his stuff and any friend of Jules has to be pretty cool. I don't think the Broncos pull it off without Peyton eventhough it was mainly their Defense that carried them in the Playoffs. I think the Patriots would've beat the Broncos had Osweiler played. Peyton played really smart that game and set the tone early giving his Defense the lead with 2 TD passes.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Besides just ranting I do occasionally like to present facts and not just emotion to the equation haha. I like Bogie, it took me a while to get used to him but he knows his stuff and any friend of Jules has to be pretty cool. I don't think the Broncos pull it off without Peyton eventhough it was mainly their Defense that carried them in the Playoffs. I think the Patriots would've beat the Broncos had Osweiler played. Peyton played really smart that game and set the tone early giving his Defense the lead with 2 TD passes.

Exactly, both Bogie & Jules tend to endure unnecessary backlash here on the forum more than they should IMO. They are wicked smart, very knowledgable about the history of football spanning several decades, have tremendous tastes in music, hysterically funny, & just good salt of the earth individuals. 

I feel bad for Bogie sometimes because some members perceive him as the anti-christ with opinions that go against the norm, but he's really a sharp & decent guy IMO. Jules always makes me laugh. I like people with sarcastic personalties I guess.

Yes, 18 was vital in that San Diego game & Pittsburgh too. Peyton did have shining moments this yr. 

It's all good man. You've got your own style too. Hades, for the 2 weeks before the SB, it felt like you & I were the only ones who didn't automatically think Denver was gonna curl into a ball & die against Carolina. LOL! I know we weren't of course, but it was funny watching all these pundits pretend that they rooted for the Broncos all along. W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R...