Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

favorite colts game you attended

CR91

I personally have only been to one colts game in my lifetime(mostly because I live in new jersey) and that was 2014 vs the giants and the feel of the atmosphere brings such a adrenaline rush, but I can only imagine how that feeling is in LOS especially for a big game. What is your fondest memory of a colts game you attended? Also doesn't necessary have to be a colts game for those fans who are not colt fans on this forum.

I attended 3 games in SD and 3 in Indy.  The first in Indy was Manning's homecoming game!  Lol! Think my/Colts record is 2-4 in the games I was in attendance!  Had a great time at all the games but being in Lucas on a home game is best!

2006 AFC Championship game. I will first to admit at halftime it was the worst game I had attended. Second place game for me was the Peyton Mannings first playoff game against the Broncos during the 2003 season. Manning had a perfect QB rating, and could do no wrong that day.

The 2009 Sunday Night 4th and 2 game vs the Patriots here at LOS. We were down 34-14 midway through the 4th Qtr and came back and beat them 35-34 on a Reggie Wayne TD from Peyton in the last seconds. The high I had that night was like when we beat them in the 2006 Championship Game. That win kept us undefeated as well putting us 9-0. I didn't attend the 2006 Championship Game, did anyone in here go to that game? I have also seen the Texans and Jags several times here at LOS over the years but nothing compared to that Patriots game in 2009.

Drove from Jersey with family for Colts/Chiefs playoff game January 2015. Rough first half. The second half, Lucas Oil was insane. Will never forget that experience. The drive home was sweet.

The Chiefs/Colts playoff game was so sweet. I'd sit through that disastrous first half again just to watch Luck scoop up the ball and superman into the endzone. That moment was magic.

Also the Chuckstrong game. AKA: the comeback game against Green Bay when Chuck was first diagnosed. Reggie Wayne was on fiiiireee.

20 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

2006 AFC Championship against the Pats...

LOS is cool & all, but does anyone else miss the dome???

Yes I miss it! It gave us much more of a HFA with the noise. Watching games in there felt like a college atmosphere. The year we won the SB we were 10-0 at home that season counting the Playoffs. We were unbeatable!

@Buck, when we were at our best what I consider the 2004 Season through the 2006 Season we were 25-3 at the RCA Dome/Regular Season and Playoffs combined. Our only 3 losses were to the Jags in the 2004 Regular Season 27-24, to the Chargers in the 2005 Regular Season 26-17 and Steelers in the 2005 Playoffs 21-18, and we went undefeated in 2006.

2004 = 8-1

2005 = 7-2

2006 = 10-0

25-3 = 89.3% winning pct.

3 hours ago, CamMo said:

The Chiefs/Colts playoff game was so sweet. I'd sit through that disastrous first half again just to watch Luck scoop up the ball and superman into the endzone. That moment was magic.

Whoa. Talk about a roller coaster ride of emotions. Holy moly man. Wow! Seeing that whole game live from beginning to end had to be almost like a near death experience with a happy ending like 1 of those where you when this happened moments. Cool.

Did that game take yrs off your life because it sure did on my end...almost. LOL! 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Buck, when we were at our best what I consider the 2004 Season through the 2006 Season we were 25-3 at the RCA Dome/Regular Season and Playoffs combined. Our only 3 losses were to the Jags in the 2004 Regular Season 27-24, to the Chargers in the 2005 Regular Season 26-17 and Steelers in the 2005 Playoffs 21-18, and we went undefeated in 2006.

2004 = 8-1

2005 = 7-2

2006 = 10-0

25-3 = 89.3% winning pct.

Ha, maybe that's why I loved that place...

Guess it felt more "intimate", if that makes any sense...

13 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, maybe that's why I loved that place...

Guess it felt more "intimate", if that makes any sense...

Yeah 2 of those 3 losses were by 3 points. Josh Scobee beat us on a 53 Yard FG in 2004 and Vanderjagt missed a chance to tie the Steelers in the 2005 Playoff game. Other wise we could've been 27-1. The Chargers beat us 26-17 in 2005 but even that game was in doubt going into the 4th Qtr. That was a fun time, best in Colts history IMO. Peyton broke Marino's TD passing record in 2004 with 49 to 48, we started 13-0 in 2005, and in 2006 we beat the Patriots in the AFC Title Game and went on to win the SB!

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Whoa. Talk about a roller coaster ride of emotions. Holy moly man. Wow! Seeing that whole game live from beginning to end had to be almost like a near death experience with a happy ending like 1 of those where you when this happened moments. Cool.

Did that game take yrs off your life because it sure did on my end...almost. LOL! 

Man when were down 38-10 I was pacing around acting like a madman haha I was in disbelief and couldn't believe what I was watching. When we came back and the game was actually over I was in tears and ran outside my house yelling! I even called my parents rejoicing! I was almost in shock we won after being down 38-10 in the 3rd Qtr.

I'm not sure that I can pinpoint a "favorite".  I've pretty much enjoyed every Indy game I've attended and there have be quite a few.  

My first game in the RCA dome was September 23, 2001.   It was the first game after 911, due to the NFL cancelling one week of games.  It was a pretty emotional game on more than one level due to the events going on in our country at the time, as well as my first experience at an NFL game.  We beat the Bills 42 - 26.   It was the  first of many memorable games for me.

4 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

2006 AFC Championship against the Pats...

LOS is cool & all, but does anyone else miss the dome???

In some ways, Yes.    

I loved going to games at the Dome, but I also love LOS.   It is a Great Stadium.

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

I personally have only been to one colts game in my lifetime(mostly because I live in new jersey) and that was 2014 vs the giants and the feel of the atmosphere brings such a adrenaline rush, but I can only imagine how that feeling is in LOS especially for a big game. What is your fondest memory of a colts game you attended? Also doesn't necessary have to be a colts game for those fans who are not colt fans on this forum.

Well mine is the 2009 Monday night game against the Patriots when we came back and won so awesome. 

It's a tie for me between two games. 

Nashville last season was my first time seeing Luck as a Colt. 

The St. Louis game when Manning and Harrison broke the record. I was sitting at about the 50 yard line 3/4th of the way up in the old RCA Dome. Great night. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man when were down 38-10 I was pacing around acting like a madman haha I was in disbelief and couldn't believe what I was watching. When we came back and the game was actually over I was in tears and ran outside my house yelling! I even called my parents rejoicing! I was almost in shock we won after being down 38-10 in the 3rd Qtr.

Phenomenal post CBE. I was going bananas myself. I was like what the heck are we doing man. Come on fellas don't go down like this. Not in the playoffs. And then, wham things started falling our way. I was like Holy crap! Hades yeah baby! That's more like it horseshoe. Never seen anything like it. It was bleeping spectacular! 

If you'd have seen me, watching the game in the 1st half...You'd swear somebody dear to me died. By the end, it was like winning a $15,000,000 jackpot. 

I understand completely CBE. Trust me. 

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 2009 Sunday Night 4th and 2 game vs the Patriots here at LOS. We were down 34-14 midway through the 4th Qtr and came back and beat them 35-34 on a Reggie Wayne TD from Peyton in the last seconds. The high I had that night was like when we beat them in the 2006 Championship Game. That win kept us undefeated as well putting us 9-0. I didn't attend the 2006 Championship Game, did anyone in here go to that game? I have also seen the Texans and Jags several times here at LOS over the years but nothing compared to that Patriots game in 2009.

This!

I was at the Denver game last year. It was the first Colts home game I've ever been to. I had a blast. Going up against an udefeated Denver team, we were 3-5 and I didn't think we had a chance based on how we were playing at that point in the season. For the Colts and Luck to pull out their best performance of the year and beat the eventual SB champs when I happened to be there to see it, it was special. 

2 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Easily the chiefs playoff game. That second half atmosphere was the most unreal thing ever!

Same here.

I was literally playing games on my phone at halftime.

That final drive for the chiefs was the absolute loudest noise I've ever experienced and was so happy to be a part of it. Josh Gordy with the force out on Dwayne Bowe.

2 hours ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

I was at the Denver game last year. It was the first Colts home game I've ever been to. I had a blast. Going up against an udefeated Denver team, we were 3-5 and I didn't think we had a chance based on how we were playing at that point in the season. For the Colts and Luck to pull out their best performance of the year and beat the eventual SB champs when I happened to be there to see it, it was special. 

Sounds like you brought Luck luck. That was his best game of the season. Sucks he got injured though but nevertheless our best win of the season.

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Phenomenal post CBE. I was going bananas myself. I was like what the heck are we doing man. Come on fellas don't go down like this. Not in the playoffs. And then, wham things started falling our way. I was like Holy crap! Hades yeah baby! That's more like it horseshoe. Never seen anything like it. It was bleeping spectacular! 

If you'd have seen me, watching the game in the 1st half...You'd swear somebody dear to me died. By the end, it was like winning a $15,000,000 jackpot. 

I understand completely CBE. Trust me. 

Great stuff SW1! Yeah that was best comeback I have ever seen by the Colts and Peyton had a lot of them like against the Bucs in 2003 and the Patriots in the Championship Game, Patriots in 2009, a game I attended but we were down 28 and Andrew made it look easy.

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

I've been to three colts games. The last minute loss to the jags in lucks first year, the 38-8 blowout loss to the rams and last seasons week 1 loss to the bills. So as you can tell......don't exactly have a favourite

Andrew Luck just called me and told me to tell you, you are not allowed to attend anymore Colts games! (sarcasm just joking). Man that stinks we lose every time you go to a game.

Halloween Monday night game against Denver in 1987. Dickerson ran like a Madman.  Colts destroyed a very good Broncos team.  Monday night games back then were huge, almost had a play-off atmosphere.  I was just a teenager back then,  it was very exciting

9 hours ago, SteelDragon said:

Halloween Monday night game against Denver in 1987. Dickerson ran like a Madman.  Colts destroyed a very good Broncos team.  Monday night games back then were huge, almost had a play-off atmosphere.  I was just a teenager back then,  it was very exciting

I was at the Oct. 31, 1988 Colt's Monday Night Halloween Massacre of the Denver Broncos (Week 9), 55 - 23. I wish I had been a teenager, but I was middle-aged then.

Went to the playoff win against KC. I remember the crowd and atmosphere almost not seeming ready for the playoffs in the first half. In the 2nd half the crowd really ramped it up, and we all know how exciting the game was and how it turned out in the end. Even walking out of the stadium and already seeing people pour out of the bars/pubs  to greet and and join in the celebration was a fun memorable experience.

I have been pretty lucky to have attended some memorable games. My favorite has to be the 2014 playoff game vs Kansas City. It was a fantastic game!.

I was also at Peyton's first game here as a Bronco. When Mathis sacked him the stadium was LOUD!

I was at the Packers game after Chuck was diagnosed with cancer and I also attended the 2005 playoff game vs Kansas City.

On Friday, July 01, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Lef said:

camlle from Jersey with family for Colts/Chiefs playo ff game January 2015. Rough first half. The second half, Lucas Oil was insane. Will never forget that experience. The drive home was sweet.

This was also my favorite Colts game I have attended, awesome 2nd half, Lucas Oil was rocking! I was SO happy to shut them chief fans up, that chant was getting very  hard to sit and listen to. Then the 2nd half csme and they where silent. Loudest Ive ever heard at a game from colts fans and a memory Ill never forget.

On July 1, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Lef said:

Drove from Jersey with family for Colts/Chiefs playoff game January 2015. Rough first half. The second half, Lucas Oil was insane. Will never forget that experience. The drive home was sweet.

Can you pick me up on the GSP the next time you go to Indy? :)

(but seriously, I really wish I could go to a game at LOS)

Have been to 4.

@Dal in 2014, rough game

Vs Hou & @KC in 2012

Vs Jags in 2011

I think I liked the Houston game the best.  That's the one where we had a kickoff return for a TD I believe.   Maybe I have the Jags and Hou ones switched.