Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck, Newton, and Wilson by 2021

Bravo

Although this is a Seahawks article. This article has some interesting takes on who they believe will be the better quarterbacks by 2021. I feel like there can be some good discussion! 

I truly believe by 2021 that if the Colts could continue to build pieces around Luck and give him a great team it would be  follows.

1.) Luck

2.) Wilson

3.) Newton

check out the link. What's the order you would put them in and why?

http://teamstre.am/299kjK7

24 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Although this is a Seahawks article. This article has some interesting takes on who they believe will be the better quarterbacks by 2021. I feel like there can be some good discussion! 

I truly believe by 2021 that if the Colts could continue to build pieces around Luck and give him a great team it would be  follows.

1.) Luck

2.) Wilson

3.) Newton

Yeah there was also an article on ESPN.com earlier just bashing Andrew and saying how much better Wilson was in different categories. Wilson has had a Great Defense and Marshawn Lynch his whole career so he should have more success regarding winning. Andrew has been asked to do much more in his career to help his team win and he still has 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run. Andrew has had 1 guy/game rush for over 100 Yards in his whole career, hell Lynch has done it routinely! You give any QB that is at least Good a stacked team they will have better success. What's funny is, still no mention in any article I have read that Wilson had the most boneheaded INT in SB history that cost his team a Championship and Cam was absolute garbage vs the Broncos. Some want to say Andrew is a Turnover machine, then Cam was against the Broncos fumbling like it was going out of style costing his team points in a game he was favored in. Wilson had the worst Turnover in SB history so I rest my case. Also when Wilson or Cam throw 40 TD's in 1 season like Andrew has then the media can call me and tell me how much better Wilson or Cam are haha 

It really depends a lot on who gets the best supporting cast, because any of them are good enough to win Super Bowls or MVPs. I think Luck is the most talented, but that doesn't mean he'll have the best career. Those other 2 QBs have had the luxury of playing on teams with better defenses and running games than Luck ever has, so far. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there was also an article on ESPN.com earlier just bashing Andrew and saying how much better Wilson was in different categories. Wilson has had a Great Defense and Marshawn Lynch his whole career so he should have more success regarding winning. Andrew has been asked to do much more in his career to help his team win and he still has 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run. Andrew has had 1 guy/game rush for over 100 Yards in his whole career, hell Lynch has done it routinely! You give any QB that is at least Good a stacked team they will have better success. What's funny is, still no mention in any article I have read that Wilson had the most boneheaded INT in SB history that cost his team a Championship and Cam was absolute garbage vs the Broncos.

I agree.

Give Luck Marshawn Lynch and Seattles Defense and give Wilson Trent Richardson and the Colts D the last few years and Lucks numbers would be even better while Wilsons would fall off a bit IMO.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I agree.

Give Luck Marshawn Lynch and Seattles Defense and give Wilson Trent Richardson and the Colts D the last few years and Lucks numbers would be even better while Wilsons would fall off a bit IMO.

I agree. I added to my Post even so if you didn't catch that please re-read.

24 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I agree.

Wilson would be in a wheelchair from playing behind the o-line of the last few years

1 hour ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Wilson would be in a wheelchair from playing behind the o-line of the last few years

To read a lot of Seahawks fans Posts they seem to think our O.Line is better than theirs. Which is a total crock actually because their run blocking is Very Good. I am sure there are certain stats that will show our O.Line is better but I have watched a lot of Colts and Seahawks games over the last 3 seasons and our O.Line is worse. Wilson gets pressured a lot because he doesn't release the ball quickly (Andrew does have the same problem unfortunately) and he tends to want to run around a lot once the ball is hiked to him. I would take their Line over ours (-Kelly of course now that we drafted him) because at least we would be able to run.

3 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

1.) Luck

2.) Wilson

3.) Newton

I agree 100% with your order bravo4460. Luck's gonna have a great season under Chud full time & Kelly his new center. Wilson is just so good at improvising when his protection collapses & his accuracy is so precise with pass rushers bearing down on him. Newton needs to be 3rd on that list because of the SB losing hangover syndrome & he treats his body too much like a RB who craves contact & that alone will slow him down sooner or later. 

Luck is already #1 now.

Wilson is overrated and has been exposed in big games. If teams could keep him in the pocket, he's not as effective. A lot of his plays are just buying time and hitting a guy who finally got open.

Cam deserved MVP but has a glaring and well known flaw in his throwing mechanics that forces the team to draft super big receivers.

When fully protected, Luck has no glaring flaws in his games. A lot of turnovers but it's a combination of different factors. He also has thrown 40 TDs in a season which neither Cam nor Wilson have done. From a mechanics standpoint he's better than both by miles.

By 2021 Luck will be the best QB in the NFL. Newton will be #3. Wilson might be like #4.

I think the die is cast on this question. The Super Bowl appearances pretty well lock up Wilson and Cam's Status for many years to come. The both play on much better teams than the Colts. They are going to keep winning and add more Sper Bowls to that record. Luck may win the stats battle but I do not expect him to keep pace with them in meaningful wins. I will be pleased if Luck corrects flaws in his game that lead him to take so much punishment. If he does not do that, he is the least likely of the three to still be playing in 2021. He will have all he can handle in trying to stay ahead or get ahead of young studs like Winston and And the Titans QB. The Colts are rebuilding and coming down to earth. I expect the other teams in the South to rise above them in coming years. I know that this is not a rosy picture that most will want to hear. 

12 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

No, he wouldn't because he gets rid of the ball quicker, he hits secondary receivers and he can run without being injured. He doesn't hold on to the ball forever trying to make a heroic play.

Wilson played behind a bad O-line and still performed well. He is far more shiftier than Luck and can get away from pressure using his legs to get him out of trouble. Wilson is not as polished of a pocket passer as Luck, but when he creates time for himself, he creates big plays. Wilson also does a much better job of protecting the football as compared with Luck.

Cam has shown that he has all of the tools to be a complete QB. He has the size, ability to escape the pocket, and has shown to be a good pocket passer. Of the three QBs, he actually has the highest ceiling simply due to his size and natural abilities. It's up to him to put it all together. 

Currently, Andrew Luck is the better pocket passer of the three QBs. Surprisingly, the other two QBs escape the pocket and run a lot more than Luck, but it's Luck that has missed more games due to injury. The other two QBs also play on much better and more balanced teams. I still think; however, that if teams had a re-draft, Luck would be selected first, although, I am starting to have doubts due to how well the other two have played.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Also when Wilson or Cam throw 40 TD's in 1 season like Andrew has then the media can call me and tell me how much better Wilson or Cam are haha 

Here's Cam last year vs. Luck in 2014-

Passing -            G    ATT     Comp    Pct    ATT/G     Yds    Avg     Yds/G   TD     Int
2015     Newton  16     495     296     59.8     30.9     3,837     7.8     239.8     35     10
2014       Luck    16     616     380     61.7     38.5     4,761     7.7     297.6     40     16

Rushing-               G       ATT    ATT/G    Yds     Avg     Yds/G   TD     Fum
2015     Newton     16     132     8.2          636     4.8     39.8      10        4
2014    Luck          16      64      4.0          273     4.3     17.1        3        4

Panthers Rushing 2015 -      526 ATT    2,282 Yds    32.9 ATT/G
IN Colts   Rushing 2014 -      415 ATT    1,612 Yds    25.9 ATT/G

Cam produced 45 TD's to Lucks 43, and turned it over 14 times vs. Luck's 20.  Things are close except ATT and total Yds, but that's because Carolina ran it more changing the pass/run % balance.  Cam is very good, and may continue to be as long as he doesn't get hurt like RGIII.  Cam is much bigger (like Luck) than most QB's so more durable but not unbreakable.

Wilson will show his worth this year as the Seahawk D is not as strong and Lynch has retired.  I think Wilson will surprise people this year at how good he is.  I these 3 will be the Brady Manning, Brees of theNFL near future (with Wilson becoming more similar to Brees down the road, IMO)

I hope Luck stands out just above them in time though.

I really like Wilson, but it is hard for me to definitively say he is better than Luck when he typically has thrown on average only 15-20 times per game over the course of the last few years due to the Seahawks being ahead due to their ground game and defense. In a number of games I remember watching where he has had to drop back and throw a lot due to them being down (Carolina in the playoffs last year, etc.), he has been a turnover machine with INTs and fumbles -- the same insult non-Colts fans love to hurl at Luck. However, he is very shifty as others have mentioned, and has great accuracy on the run much like Luck. He is a great QB though and I think he and Luck are definitely 1A and 1B in the current generation of QBs -- just about neck and neck. I give the edge to Luck overall because I am bias as a Colts fan.

I realize he is coming off a great year, but I am still not sold on Newton. There is no denying he is a tank at QB, hard to bring down, and throws incredibly hard. However, he is about as immature as it gets and his accuracy isn't phenomenal by any means. I think you will see teams begin to use the blueprint the Broncos used to snuff out Carolina's "ground and pound" offense that was so successful last year which will force Newton into more conventional passing plays which are not his strength. That offense last year was in 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 A LOT, and it was perfect for that offense with Newton and the bowling ball RBs they had. I predict Newton will still be solid next year but will not have the same level success as 2015, and I don't think you see Carolina anywhere near the Super Bowl. I may be wrong but I think last year was more of a outlier based on a dominant defense and strong rush attack that worked to perfection with the personnel and schemes in place on both sides of the ball.

At the end of the day, I will still take Luck over the other two, with Wilson in a close second. His mobility coupled with size give him an edge on Wilson, and his passing ability is better than Newton. Obviously if Super Bowls are the main barometer we are using, Wilson and Newton have each gotten further than Luck, but Luck has had by far the least talented teams of the three thus far. Last year concerns me, but I will chalk it up as a fluke with the lacerated kidney. Hopefully with the OL getting fixed, Luck will be in a comfort zone this year that he hasn't had the first few years of his career.

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Here's Cam last year vs. Luck in 2014-

Passing -            G    ATT     Comp    Pct    ATT/G     Yds    Avg     Yds/G   TD     Int
2015     Newton  16     495     296     59.8     30.9     3,837     7.8     239.8     35     10
2014       Luck    16     616     380     61.7     38.5     4,761     7.7     297.6     40     16

Rushing-               G       ATT    ATT/G    Yds     Avg     Yds/G   TD     Fum
2015     Newton     16     132     8.2          636     4.8     39.8      10        4
2014    Luck          16      64      4.0          273     4.3     17.1        3        4

Panthers Rushing 2015 -      526 ATT    2,282 Yds    32.9 ATT/G
IN Colts   Rushing 2014 -      415 ATT    1,612 Yds    25.9 ATT/G

Cam produced 45 TD's to Lucks 43, and turned it over 14 times vs. Luck's 20.  Things are close except ATT and total Yds, but that's because Carolina ran it more changing the pass/run % balance.  Cam is very good, and may continue to be as long as he doesn't get hurt like RGIII.  Cam is much bigger (like Luck) than most QB's so more durable but not unbreakable.

Wilson will show his worth this year as the Seahawk D is not as strong and Lynch has retired.  I think Wilson will surprise people this year at how good he is.  I these 3 will be the Brady Manning, Brees of theNFL near future (with Wilson becoming more similar to Brees down the road, IMO)

I hope Luck stands out just above them in time though.

I know and what is funny about this, Cam ran away with League MVP and some were calling his season one of the greatest ever. Luck's 2014 Season was very similar. Panthers did go 15-1 but we still went 11-5 which isn't too shabby.

This debate is no different than the Peyton vs Brady debate. It's literally the same debate guys. 

We we can argue all day long about who is better, but as per usual, people and the media tend to forget how much our QB holds up our team. 

For peyton there was no D. 

For andrew there's no running game, no time to throw (while I agree he holds the ball too long, it's not all about that aspect), and no D. 

give Luck, Newton, or wilsons running game and you would see the stats rise even further. 

Remember when we had a running game back in the Peyton era (a long time ago I know)? We had an elite unit. Unlike some, I don't like to use elite very often. To me being elite isn't just a QB with good stats and a good defense. Elite is being able to win games on offense, without any help. To me this signifies an elite offense. You have the patriots, and you have the colts who have played with an elite offense without defensive help (I'm sure there is more). But as for the Seahawks or Panthers, I don't see elite offense just because their D can bail them out of tight situations unlike the colts. Now you're going to tell me Newton is better? Wilson is better? To me they had a lot more chances to prove they were better. 

Maybe be we should look at the stats on D. How many turn overs per team over the last 4 years...? How many stops? 

When I see these stats, I will make my list of who is better, but until then, Andrew luck is better. 

But it we could argue all day long. 

4 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

This debate is no different than the Peyton vs Brady debate. It's literally the same debate guys. 

We we can argue all day long about who is better, but as per usual, people and the media tend to forget how much our QB holds up our team. 

For peyton there was no D. 

For andrew there's no running game, no time to throw (while I agree he holds the ball too long, it's not all about that aspect), and no D. 

We can argue all day. 

In reality you are right, it's about preference and it really is a debate between 3 players now instead of 2 because of Cam. You have Andrew, Wilson, and Cam out of the young guns.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In reality you are right, it's about preference and it really is a debate between 3 players now instead of 2 because of Cam. You have Andrew, Wilson, and Cam out of the young guns.

You know why I would take luck over any QB in the league? Because out of them all, Luck carries the heaviest load, and still performs at a high level. In the moments where there is a fumble on the goal line and your QB grabs it in traffic and dives into the end zone, you know you have an all around football player. Andrew has been to the playoffs 3 times, each time progressing further with 2-3 different offensive coordinators. Tell me how, with the odds stacked so against you, can you perform at such a high level? 

Its not not just about the team around Andrew, it's the fact that for 3 seasons he has been learning a new offense, and he still performs at a high level. 

No oline. No run game. No defense. 3 different coordinators. High level of play. 

1. Andrew

2. Andrew

3. Luck. 

Please. Someone use the interceptions stat. 

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Luck is already #1 now.

Wilson is overrated and has been exposed in big games. If teams could keep him in the pocket, he's not as effective. A lot of his plays are just buying time and hitting a guy who finally got open.

Cam deserved MVP but has a glaring and well known flaw in his throwing mechanics that forces the team to draft super big receivers.

When fully protected, Luck has no glaring flaws in his games. A lot of turnovers but it's a combination of different factors. He also has thrown 40 TDs in a season which neither Cam nor Wilson have done. From a mechanics standpoint he's better than both by miles.

By 2021 Luck will be the best QB in the NFL. Newton will be #3. Wilson might be like #4.

Wilson has been exposed?

Does the rest of the NFL know this?

I think you've discovered something that only you know about........

Honestly,   I don't think it matters who is best.     I think the only thing that matters is making Luck the best Andrew Luck he can be.      And so far,  we have failed to do that.    

-- He hasn't had a good OLine...

-- He hasn't had a good Running Game

-- He hasn't had a good defense

Newton and Wilson are surrounded by much better players on both sides of the ball.

Carolina and Seattle have demonstrated they know how to build a team better than Indy has shown.

If Andrew Luck is as good as he can be,  then the Colts will win another Super Bowl.     Everything else, like who is the better QB is just stuff up for debate.     I'm not interested in another Manning-Brady decade of debate.       Just how good can Luck and the Colts can be.      Everything else is out of our control.

The Colts are all I care about.......     keep your eyes on the prize!

Just my two cents......

On 6/30/2016 at 10:49 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there was also an article on ESPN.com earlier just bashing Andrew and saying how much better Wilson was in different categories. Wilson has had a Great Defense and Marshawn Lynch his whole career so he should have more success regarding winning. Andrew has been asked to do much more in his career to help his team win and he still has 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run. Andrew has had 1 guy/game rush for over 100 Yards in his whole career, hell Lynch has done it routinely! You give any QB that is at least Good a stacked team they will have better success. What's funny is, still no mention in any article I have read that Wilson had the most boneheaded INT in SB history that cost his team a Championship and Cam was absolute garbage vs the Broncos. Some want to say Andrew is a Turnover machine, then Cam was against the Broncos fumbling like it was going out of style costing his team points in a game he was favored in. Wilson had the worst Turnover in SB history so I rest my case. Also when Wilson or Cam throw 40 TD's in 1 season like Andrew has then the media can call me and tell me how much better Wilson or Cam are haha 

Yeah, when I read *ic articles trashing Luck, it simply tells me that the writer likely views Indy as "flyover" space and Luck as a "flyover" QB and likely haven't really followed the utter lack of talent and coaching/management staff Luck has had to work with.  The only media guy that seems to "get" it and be informed is Colin Cowherd on Fox Sports One.  He's 100% with Luck and educates his guests nearly daily on how superior his accomplishments have been compared to what Cam and Russell have on Defense and in the Running game, not to mention their management and coaching.  ESPN is the worst and most ill informed of the networks.  Cowhed alludes to their attitudes and even blamed, in part, their political bent for their views, even though he self describes as similar to them politically.  (His point is how some view the midwest, especially Indiana politically and it colors their views on sports even though it's ridiculous and irrelevant).  

Luck had a bad year wrecked with injuries.  He also notoriously starts both games and seasons slow (as does the rest of our team) before heroically trying to pull the games and season out at the end, which i think is patently obvious).  We are lucky to have Luck in our town playing for our team.  Let's hope they find him a defense, a running back in his prime playing well and an O-Line.  Otherwise, I suspect Luck will crush passing records in the league because he'll always have to be bombing it to catch up all career and his numbers will be gigantic even after missing half a year.  That's another thing, Luck has the 4th most passing yards in his first 4 seasons, but it was really less than 3.5.   He's a monster QB who even at his worst is better than 90% of the other QB's and at his best, I think he is #1 with an amazing clutch gene.   

PS: To be fair, Stephen A Smith is also a Luck believer. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wilson has been exposed?

Does the rest of the NFL know this?

I think you've discovered something that only you know about........

Honestly,   I don't think it matters who is best.     I think the only thing that matters is making Luck the best Andrew Luck he can be.      And so far,  we have failed to do that.    

-- He hasn't had a good OLine...

-- He hasn't had a good Running Game

-- He hasn't had a good defense

Newton and Wilson are surrounded by much better players on both sides of the ball.

Carolina and Seattle have demonstrated they know how to build a team better than Indy has shown.

If Andrew Luck is as good as he can be,  then the Colts will win another Super Bowl.     Everything else, like who is the better QB is just stuff up for debate.     I'm not interested in another Manning-Brady decade of debate.       Just how good can Luck and the Colts can be.      Everything else is out of our control.

The Colts are all I care about.......     keep your eyes on the prize!

Just my two cents......

I agree that Wilson definitely hasn't been exposed, he did have the worst INT in SB history that cost his team the game (it was even far worse than Peyton's against NO) but as far being exposed I wouldn't call it that. I do agree with Def regarding Andrew will be better than either Cam or Wilson in the near future. It's debatable now that he is better, he is just coming off an injury riddle season and the other 2 QB's are coming off solid seasons. As pointed out though, Andrew's 2014 Season is just great as any season Cam or Wilson has had.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree that Wilson definitely hasn't been exposed, he did have the worst INT in SB history that cost his team the game (it was even far worse than Peyton's against NO) but as far being exposed I wouldn't call it that. I do agree with Def regarding Andrew will be better than either Cam or Wilson in the near future. It's debatable now that he is better, he is just coming off an injury riddle season and the other 2 QB's are coming off solid seasons. As pointed out though, Andrew's 2014 Season is just great as any season Cam or Wilson has had.

Except that they took their teams to the SB and Wilson won one and should have won two but for his OC calling the dumbest play in SB history. Luck has and probably will put up better seasons but everyone will point to those Super Bowls. I think Cam and Wilson are much more likely to get there again tha Luck is with the Colts.

4 minutes ago, Ollonesomeme said:

Except that they took their teams to the SB and Wilson won one and should have won two but for his OC calling the dumbest play in SB history. Luck has and probably will put up better seasons but everyone will point to those Super Bowls. I think Cam and Wilson are much more likely to get there again tha Luck is with the Colts.

Depends on how we build the Defense. Yes Wilson has a Ring so he has the early edge there but he has also lost a SB and Cam is 0-1 as well with no Ring yet. In 2014 we lost at Foxboro in the Championship Game, had we played anyone else I think we at least get to the SB. The Patriots just have our number and the Patriots went on to beat Wilson's Seahawks too. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Depends on how we build the Defense. Yes Wilson has a Ring so he has the early edge there but he has also lost a SB and Cam is 0-1 as well with no Ring yet. In 2014 we lost at Foxboro in the Championship Game, had we played anyone else I think we at least get to the SB. The Patriots just have our number and the Patriots went on to beat Wilson's Seahawks too. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Getting to the SB is the key. Just getting there puts a QB on another level. The Colts were very Lucky to get to the AFC Championship game. They did not belong there as the Patiots promptly demonstrated. New England does not have the Colts "number", they are just a lot better in all facets of the game and their QB is an all time great. If it had not been them, it would have been another team. The Colts just we're not that good. The AFC South is on the rise. Seeing the Colts in the playoffs every year will no longer be automatic.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree that Wilson definitely hasn't been exposed, he did have the worst INT in SB history that cost his team the game

RW got off easy for that colossal mistake when he made  a monumental error in judgement & Pete Carrol took all the heat for the throw which wasn't right.

RW wasn't a rookie anymore, but a SB Champion himself who got a total pass from any criticism for that bone headed decision. He should have been slammed more for that by the NFL media at large. 

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

RW got off easy for that colossal mistake when he made  a monumental error in judgement & Pete Carrol took all the heat for the throw which wasn't right.

RW wasn't a rookie anymore, but a SB Champion himself who got a total pass from any criticism for that bone headed decision. He should have been slammed more for that by the NFL media at large. 

Why, he did not call that play.

16 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

Getting to the SB is the key. Just getting there puts a QB on another level. The Colts were very Lucky to get to the AFC Championship game. They did not belong there as the Patiots promptly demonstrated. New England does not have the Colts "number", they are just a lot better in all facets of the game and their QB is an all time great. If it had not been them, it would have been another team. The Colts just we're not that good. The AFC South is on the rise. Seeing the Colts in the playoffs every year will no longer be automatic.

How were the Colts "very lucky to get to the AFC Championship Game"? "They did not belong there" - your words. I beg to differ. We pounded the Bengals 26-10 and then went into MileHigh and pounded the Broncos 24-13. We definitely belonged there, we were just outmatched against a Patriots team on their home field. It happens, yes we got beat 45-7 but the Patriots have destroyed many teams in the Playoffs at home over the years. "If it had not been them, it would have been another team" - your words and I couldn't disagree more. I am not even being a homer. We just polished off Denver in Denver, had we played anyone else we would've won the Conference. Don't give me the Ravens either because we beat them earlier in that season and the game would've been at LOS had we played them.

22 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

To say the Colts did not belong in the championship game against the Patriots is pure nonsense. You do not go three straight 11-5 seasons and advance farther into the playoffs each year without deserving it. Yes, they belonged there they just got beat.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

To say the Colts did not belong in the championship game against the Patriots is pure nonsense. You do not go three straight 11-5 seasons and advance farther into the playoffs each year without deserving it. Yes, they belonged there they just got beat.

I totally agree 100%. I have no idea why he would Post we didn't belong there just because we got blown out in 1 game against one of the greatest teams of all-time on their home field. That is why I had to question what the Poster was saying. Yes we definitely deserved to be there and we were clearly playing like the 2nd best team in the Conference at the time. We took the Broncos out at MileHigh and I could care less if Peyton was healthy or not - he played the whole game and we won fair and square. Their Defense was healthy and Von Miler played and Andrew still put up 24 points. To short change our Playoff run is really someone just being a hater IMO. We went 11-5 and Andrew had MVP type numbers all season long. Like I said, had we played anyone else we would've won the AFC and I have no doubt about it, we just haven't been able to beat the Patriots. That score also was very inflated, it was only 17-7 at Half and they started to pour it on in the 2nd Half like they always do against most teams. Once it got to 31-7 anyone could tell we just didn't care at that point and were going through the motions because our team knew it was over. Of course the Patriots kept playing like it was a tight game just to pour it on like the classless bird brains they are. There have been many Very Good teams like us get beat badly in Championships games like the Bills over Raiders 51-3 in the 1990 AFC Championship Game, Giants over Vikings in the 2000 NFC Championship Game 41-0, and last season the Panthers beat the Cards 49-15 as well - that doesn't make any of those teams less deserving of their Final 4 trip. I guess the Cards didn't deserve to be there last season? Crap happens as we played a terrible game and was turning it over way too much to hang with Tommy and company. By the way out of the examples I used the team we lost too won the SB, the others did not. We lost to a Top 10 team of all-time!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I totally agree 100%. I have no idea why he would Post we didn't belong there just because we got blown out in 1 game against one of the greatest teams of all-time on their home field. That is why I had to question what the Poster was saying. Yes we definitely deserved to be there and we were clearly playing like the 2nd best team in the Conference at the time. We took the Broncos out at MileHigh and I could care less if Peyton was healthy or not - he played the whole game and we won fair and square. Their Defense was healthy and Von Miler played and Andrew still put up 24 points. To short change our Playoff run is really someone just being a hater IMO. We went 11-5 and Andrew had MVP type numbers all season long. Like I said, had we played anyone else we would've won the AFC and I have no doubt about it, we just haven't been able to beat the Patriots. That score also was very inflated, it was only 17-7 at Half and they started to pour it on in the 2nd Half like they always do against most teams. Once it got to 31-7 anyone could tell we just didn't care at that point and were going through the motions because our team knew it was over. Of course the Patriots kept playing like it was a tight game just to pour it on like the classless bird brains they are. There have been many Very Good teams like us get beat badly in Championships games like the Bills over Raiders 51-3 in the 1990 AFC Championship Game, Giants over Vikings in the 2000 NFC Championship Game 41-0, and last season the Panthers beat the Cards 49-15 as well - that doesn't make any of those teams less deserving of their Final 4 trip. I guess the Cards didn't deserve to be there last season? Crap happens as we played a terrible game and was turning it over way too much to hang with Tommy and company. By the way out of the examples I used the team we lost too won the SB, the others did not. We lost to a Top 10 team of all-time!

I was only commenting that New England was on another level. Of course the Colt's won their way there. My emphasis was meant to be ont the blow out. Perhaps I did not state it well. All teams deserve to be where ever winning takes them.

On July 1, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Ollonesomeme said:

Just preparing luck for the future dynasty and 3 straight SB wins. No QB is undefeated in SB right or am I wrong?

12 hours ago, Ollonesomeme said:

I was only commenting that New England was on another level. Of course the Colt's won their way there. My emphasis was meant to be ont the blow out. Perhaps I did not state it well. All teams deserve to be where ever winning takes them.

No bigge, I just wanted to get my point across. If it seemed like a rant it wasn't, I just wanted know what you meant by your initial Post. Yes I do agree unfortunately that the Patriots have been much better than us. Hopefully that changes shortly.

10 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

So way off? Lol

Your comment made me think about how many QBs have started a super bowl and never lost a super bowl. After doing some looking around there have been 20 QBs who have won a super bowl and never lost one. It seems that only 5 of those QBs have been to the super bowl more than once. There are a bunch of those one time super bowl winners in the HOF. Then on the other side of the coin you have Jim Kelly who went to 4 and didn't win one. It was an interesting and enlightening subject to look at. ( unless I missed something I think this is correct but I wouldn't place no bets on it)

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your comment made me think about how many QBs have started a super bowl and never lost a super bowl. After doing some looking around there have been 20 QBs who have won a super bowl and never lost one. It seems that only 5 of those QBs have been to the super bowl more than once. There are a bunch of those one time super bowl winners in the HOF. Then on the other side of the coin you have Jim Kelly who went to 4 and didn't win one. It was an interesting and enlightening subject to look at. ( unless I missed something I think this is correct but I wouldn't place no bets on it)

Montana 4-0

Bradshaw 4-0

Aikman 3-0

Brady 4-2, he even lost 2 to Eli haha 

Dilfer 1-0 LOL

I can see the Panthers being a bit of a one year wonder especially as they lost Josh Norman, as much as I dislike him he is pretty good (at least in Carolina's scheme). It bothers me that they didn't "shop hungry" and replace him even though the draft happened after they released him. Also, a part of me really likes Cam. It's a part of me I hate, but que sera sera. If Cam & Jonathan Stewart can establish their run game on offense, a returning Kelvin Benjamin recapturing his form, then the teams hopes lie at the feet of the defense. The front 7 is good, no question. The secondary? Not so much anymore.  

Seattle losing Marshawn Lynch is pretty huge as they will need to hope Thomas Rawls, a year adrift from going undrafted out of Central Michigan, is ready to bell cow the ball all season with all but no proven talent behind him. The defense is still solid but a lacklustre Oline and a RB corps that, apart from Rawls, is almost D.O.A will mean that Russ is going to have to put the O on his back. They just have to hope he has wide shoulders and strong legs. Going forward, if a RB emerges as a competent bell cow and the Oline bucks its ideas up then they are once again one of the favourites for the title.

The Colts. Ahh the Colts. One of life's great mysteries at the moment it seems as it depends which sports news spout you listen to  whether they will have a bounce back season and be contenders or whether they are staring down the barrel of 3rd place in the AFC South. It comes down to whether Luck can get back to form. A strong and speedy set of weapons and a retooled Oline will hopefully let him do that. The defense are relying on a FA or 2 emerging as competent starters, a few too many aged veterans hanging on for 1 or 2 more years, not to mention the defensive draft picks proving their worth. Only time will tell at this point.