Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

clayton geathers highlights

CR91

I agree with jd7 -- he definitely brings a physical presence.

I also like how they groomed him last year -- I think it was huge for him to get decent experience on the defense without being asked to do too much, as he was a little raw coming out of college. He seems intelligent, he is definitely athletic/big/strong enough to play in this league.  What I really like about him is he seems to have a knack for making plays -- some of his fumble recoveries were pretty impressive and it's pretty obvious he is aware of where he is on the field and aware of where the ball is.

I am expecting TJ Green to be groomed in a similar way this year, with plenty of reps on STs as well as in nickel/dime/hybrid packages on D.  I truly expect these 2 guys to be form a very formidable safety duo for many years to come.  We have a stud in Vontae, so if we can get another 2-3 CBs to step up and play solid in the #2 CB position and the slot, we have a chance at having one of the better young secondaries in the league in just a couple of years.

I feel like he's still somewhat raw.  Hopefully a year of NFL experience under his belt, plus time with experienced DB experts liked Mike Adams and Pagano, can lead him to reach his full potential.  Could we see a potential starting safety combo of Geathers and Green in 2017?

He's a hitter, that much has been established. I want to see him actually make some plays on the football in pass coverage. That's where I have some unaddressed concerns with Geathers. Hes more like a linebacker in space than he is a pure athletic safety. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

He's a hitter, that much has been established. I want to see him actually make some plays on the football in pass coverage. That's where I have some unaddressed concerns with Geathers. Hes more like a linebacker in space than he is a pure athletic safety. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Hes definitely raw and has work to do in coverage, but its hard not to love the physical presence he brings. Can't wait to see if hes progressed this year.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Not really.   There's a theory that Ballard wants to draft an OL high because he said it's important to protect the QB, and Richardson was hurt last year. And the counter was that Richardson's injury/s probably aren't about the level of OL protection, and drafting an OL high wouldn't address that concern.
    • I'm thinking if we can trade to 8 or 9 and draft Odunze , we should do it if the price is reasonable. The value chart shows giving up P 15 and P 46 is the perfect number. Probably won't do it and I would think 2025 2nd for a 2024 4th added to the deal would make it work . That of coarse would depend on Atlanta or Chicago wanting to move to 15 . Obviously , as we all know , it takes 2 to make a trade.
    • I can too. And that will tell us everything we need to know about how the view him. It will tell us their feelings on the tight end room, and what direction they pick from there will tell us even more.    but if they take him at 15, we won’t know much about what might have happened, as they will be landing someone they had rated highly and fell to them. 
    • Glad that’s over…    if I wanted to argue about it, I would have responded far more in depth than pointing out how you were attempting to gaslight me. I did not. Meaning I was ending my part of whatever the argument was. You “putting a finality to it” and then listing bullet points tells me it was the argument you wanted all along, which makes sense why you brought Grigson up in the first place. Bait, hook, gaslight. Almost got me buddy. You are a funny guy, Doug 
    • Putting a finality on an argument you want to have.   There is a theory that Ballard won't draft a OL high because ARs injuries were not caused by a poor oline.  I felt it important to note that since Luck's major injuries were also not caused by his oline, Ballard could still want to improve it like he did in 2018 simply because AR is The Franchise. And its important to point that out because there has been a running (false) narrative for about 9 years that Luck's oline was the (main) reason for his injuries that kept him out of games.  The (false) narrative is based upon, IMO, a detest of Grigson, and not reality about the facts (or strong rumors) behind the kidney laceration and snowboarding shoulder. Therefore, mentioning Grigson and the (false) narrative was germain to the point about Ballard possibly drafting Oline high this draft to protect AR. Mentioning Grigson shouldn't trigger a CB vs RG discussion, unless people reading it are gaslighted by their own reading lens.
  • Members