Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen Highlights

CR91

The truest statement made about DA was when comparing Fleener and him and deciding who to keep was that Dwayne Allen can do everything Fleener can, but Fleener can't do everything that allen can.

By the way are you the one making the highlight videos?

54 minutes ago, twfish said:

The truest statement made about DA was when comparing Fleener and him and deciding who to keep was that Dwayne Allen can do everything Fleener can, but Fleener can't do everything that allen can.

Not at all. I just enjoy the highlights

Thanks for the Allen highlights CR91. I have "high hopes" for Dwayne this year to reference a red rocker Sammy Hagar classic song that I like. 

Watching your video was memorable because I prefer beating the Steelers in those hideous bumble bee; throw back uniforms. I'm torn whenever we play the NY Giants though since I view every Colts & Big Blue game faithfully every single season. 

The end of that video was peculiar though like the camera gear malfunctioned or just collapsed or something.

Anyway, good work CR!   

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks for the Allen highlights CR91. I have "high hopes" for Dwayne this year to reference a red rocker Sammy Hagar classic song that I like. 

Watching your video was memorable because I prefer beating the Steelers in those hideous bumble bee; throw back uniforms. I'm torn whenever we play the NY Giants though since I view every Colts & Big Blue game faithfully every single season. 

The end of that video was peculiar though like the camera gear malfunctioned or just collapsed or something.

Anyway, good work CR!   

I didn't do the highlights. I just enjoy watching them. I take no credit for it.

24 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

You know what I saw watching that video?

Andrew Luck running for his life back 10 yards every play.

Can't wait to see this offense operate with a competent O-Line.

I also appeared to me that Luck had more trust in Allen to make those tough/contested catches than he did in Fleener.

11 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Yeh, the ones who don't have him on their roster:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Year before he led the team in TDs with 8 that was shared with Fleener. Fleener is no longer here so he wont have to share the TDs with him. There is no reason not to think Allen can surpass those numbers this season. A healthy Allen does have the talent and the ability to be a very good TE.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Year before he led the team in TDs with 8 that was shared with Fleener. Fleener is no longer here so he wont have to share the TDs with him. There is no reason not to think Allen can surpass those numbers this season. A healthy Allen does have the talent and the ability to be a very good TE.

I don't disagree. But I don't expect him to stay healthy.

19 hours ago, Everyone said:

I also appeared to me that Luck had more trust in Allen to make those tough/contested catches than he did in Fleener.

Probably because Fleener never made them. He was a 6'6" TE who played like he was 6'1". Colts made the right choice. Fleener played soft. They want to be a physical football team.

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Probably because Fleener never made them. He was a 6'6" TE who played like he was 6'1". Colts made the right choice. Fleener played soft. They want to be a physical football team.

Man that guy would irk me so bad with that! Could not make any contested catches to save his life. And the jump balls you can forget about that. No physicality to his game.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Man that guy would irk me so bad with that! Could not make any contested catches to save his life. And the jump balls you can forget about that. No physicality to his game.

Fleener would jump for a ball and somehow peak lower than had he just stood there. It was impressive.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Funny how a Dwayne Allen thread gets turned into a bash Fleener thread. It wouldn't surprise me to see Fleener have a better year with the Saints than Allen does with the Colts.

Better stats? Quite likely in that system with Brees throwing to him. Better year? No, not unless injury plays a part or the Colts fall apart like last year (knock on wood).

37 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Better stats? Quite likely in that system with Brees throwing to him. Better year? No, not unless injury plays a part or the Colts fall apart like last year (knock on wood).

Could have Fleener been better? Yes. But he wasn't the junk that some make him out to be. Like I said, he will be a better than average TE this season IMO. Could I be wrong? Yes, but none of us know at this point.

The tight end screen seemed to work very well but I hardly ever recall the Colts running it...........  Hopefully with this OL, they can incorporate more screens into the mix.  I don't know if I'm blind or if the OL was just so terrible they didn't run them often.  It didn't seem like the Colts ran screens of any type on a consistent game basis.  

Ohh except for those WR screens.............................zzzzzzzzzzz

On 6/28/2016 at 10:54 PM, twfish said:

I disagree with the bolded, and others have already touched on it, but Fleener could stay healthy. Thus far Allen has shown an inability to do so. When he's healthy he is certainly more talented, but talent isn't worth much when it's sitting on the bench.

1 hour ago, nburgmei said:

I disagree with the bolded, and others have already touched on it, but Fleener could stay healthy. Thus far Allen has shown an inability to do so. When he's healthy he is certainly more talented, but talent isn't worth much when it's sitting on the bench.

We're talking on the field though. Something that players can actually control. On the field,Allen can do everything Fleener can do. 

On June 29, 2016 at 6:42 AM, CR91 said:

I didn't do the highlights. I just enjoy watching them. I take no credit for it.

I know that CR91. But, you still deserve credit for locating entertaining Colt highlight reels nevertheless.