Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doug Baldwin receives 4 year extension.

RockThatBlue

Good for Doug.

From a late in the recruiting process commitment to Stanford,  to a rise and then a fall at Stanford as he got into and then worked his way out of Jim Harbaugh's dog house....

Then he stayed and played really well his senior year with Luck under David Shaw....

Still...   Baldwin went undrafted,  and didn't get an offer from Harbaugh who was then with the 49ers.

Baldwin worked and worked and worked and got a nice 3-year deal for about $13 Mil....   and now,  two years into that deal,   they've apparently extended him to the tune of 4/46 with about 24 guaranteed.     Now,  that's earning serious money the hard way!

Good for Doug!

I love when good things happen to good people!        :thmup:  

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good for Doug.

From a late in the recruiting process commitment to Stanford,  to a rise and then a fall at Stanford as he got into and then worked his way out of Jim Harbaugh's dog house....

Then he stayed and played really well his senior year with Luck under David Shaw....

Still...   Baldwin went undrafted,  and didn't get an offer from Harbaugh who was then with the 49ers.

Baldwin worked and worked and worked and got a nice 3-year deal for about $13 Mil....   and now,  two years into that deal,   they've apparently extended him to the tune of 4/46 with about 24 guaranteed.     Now,  that's earning serious money the hard way!

Good for Doug!

I love when good things happen to good people!        :thmup:  

Beautifully stated NCF. There's no way I can improve your astute prose. 

8 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Nice for Doug to prove himself for a nice contract. I'm not a contract buff but it makes you wonder how the Seahawks have any money left. haha 

They kind of don't. They'll have to do some pruning prior to Week 1, I think, and they'll lose some decent players in 2017 free agency.