Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's talk UDFA: Darion Griswold

twfish

Let's talk about another player who is getting a ton of attention and rightfully so. At 6-5 255 Darion Griswold out of Arkansas State is a very interesting prospect with some success in his career. A 4.82 40 time puts him right where he probably should be. Listening to his interviews he sounds like a bright very respectful guy. He played QB before he moved to tight end so he can see things that normally WR and TE dont. He may be the most complete all around TE outside of allen with playing time at his position. He has a broad catch radius long arms and he knows how to use his body. He is a very willing blocker. I think the reason we were able to get him as a udfa is because of where he played, not a very big school and they were a run heavy team. Definitely a player worth looking out for and could be a reason the colts would decide on 4 TE. With the uncertainty with Allens injuries and I doubt they are ready to let's 2 years go to waste with Swoope I firmly beleive one of the two UDFA TE will make the roster. He's not a game changer but I beleive he could take of Doyles role. He mentions being a huge colts fan and peyton manning back in March so it seems like the guy definitely wanted to come here and the meeting was not one sided as the colts took him to lunch after his pro day and signed him asap.

https://youtu.be/aX_L7nE-4qY

Here's his interview definitely give it a listen

https://youtu.be/uXisN3qGWYw

I'd like to see some tape on him if anyone has it. But everything about him sounds great. The Key will be his blocking because both Allen and Doyle are good blockers. He also has to beat out Swoope who has been on an NFL PS for 2 years. But he's one of the UDFA I'm keeping my eye on.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'd like to see some tape on him if anyone has it. But everything about him sounds great. The Key will be his blocking because both Allen and Doyle are good blockers. He also has to beat out Swoope who has been on an NFL PS for 2 years. But he's one of the UDFA I'm keeping my eye on.

I would have really liked to have seen more tape on him then what I was able to bring up. I know pagano has been talking him up too and the coaching staff is very high on him

I think we got steals in our 2 UDFA TEs.

Of all our UDFA's, I think I might be most excited about Griswold (close competition with the pass rushers).  I think he has the size and the raw talent to be a big time player in the NFL.  It seems like he really understands the game, but wasn't really given the opportunities to be a playmaker in his offensive system during college, though I don't doubt his blocking ability.

1 hour ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I think we got steals in our 2 UDFA TEs.

Of all our UDFA's, I think I might be most excited about Griswold (close competition with the pass rushers).  I think he has the size and the raw talent to be a big time player in the NFL.  It seems like he really understands the game, but wasn't really given the opportunities to be a playmaker in his offensive system during college, though I don't doubt his blocking ability.

I agree. I like the competition for TE3 and he may be the head of the pack.  He has more college game experience against decent competition.  All of them have size and athleticism.  

I'm actually looking forward to the second half of preseason games.  Some would consider that sad.