Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts training camp

coltsfanmurf

Being a colts fan of nearly 30 years but living about an hour southwest of Chicago, the chances to see them during camp have been few and far between for me. I had heard last year that since the Bears  went down to scrimmage us during camp, we were going to come up to Bourbonnais to do the same this year. I hadn't heard anything about that since. Is this something that is supposed to happen and if so, when?  Or was it a one time thing?

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I read somewhere that the Colts are not going to hold any scrimmage games with another team this year. Just the 5 pre season games is my understanding.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but we are playing the Bears this year.  I'm pretty sure teams that are playing against each other that season don't usually do the training camp scrimmage thing.  

49 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Also correct me if I'm wrong but we are playing the Bears this year.  I'm pretty sure teams that are playing against each other that season don't usually do the training camp scrimmage thing.  

The scrimmage game or practices with other teams is something I am not too familiar with. I think it's only happened a couple of times that I can recall. I guess it's fun for the players just to see and practice someone besides their own team members.  

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The scrimmage game or practices with other teams is something I am not too familiar with. I think it's only happened a couple of times that I can recall. I guess it's fun for the players just to see and practice someone besides their own team members.  

True but I think it could give a team insight on how you run your offense/defense.  So I'm pretty sure that teams that are going to play each other in the regular season avoid that.

I might be wrong but I think that's also likely a reason why they arn't doing the scrimmage this year.  

They might start it up again next year.