Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joey bosa

CR91

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see Bosa signed his contract, but I still think John Spanos, President Of Football Operations, made a fool of himself coming across as totally unprofessional & petty airing his grievances over Joey's failure to sign his deal until just recently. 

The best NFL franchises don't pull dumb stunts like this. They just don't. The Chargers organization took a huge front office reputation hit here IMO. 

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Thought now would be a good time to resurrect this thread - lots of crow to be served, would the doubters prefer it hot or cold ;-)?!

Joey was a bright spot in a pretty dismal year for my Chargers.  That and LT being inducted into the HOF first round was a nice finish. 

A winning season and a home would be bigger.

i admit i was not sold on him.  It was just a gut feeling, i can't put my finger on it.  I still feel like something is off.

but what do i know, not much in this area except maybe hat my eyes and gut tell me.

to be fair, i didnt see much of him this year except in the news when he was holding out.  We on the east coast dont see  the chargers much (televised) and their record didnt entice me enuff on my sunday ticket to check them out.  It looks like u guys could use better talent much like us.

I honestly never commented on Bosa, because I never saw him play.  Did not see nearly any college games last year (or this!) so I relied on scouting reports from Chris Landry, and RFN, and the 'regular' consumer sites.  Seems I recall scouts felt his technique and skill was polished, and would be effective in the NFL.  However, there were concerns on what his ceiling was... and...  was he already at it?  Could he improve even more?  That is what I remember about him... and so many fans predicting him the biggest bust since Jamarcus Russell...

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

However, there were concerns on what his ceiling was... and...  was he already at it?  Could he improve even more?

That's still a legitimate concern. Hopefully he didn't just have the best season of his NFL career.

On the flip side, I remember a lot of people projecting him to be the next JJ Watt, and while this is a fine start for him, he's probably not going to be nearly as good as JJ Watt. And he's not the same kind of player, regardless. 

15 hours ago, Superman said:

That's still a legitimate concern. Hopefully he didn't just have the best season of his NFL career.

On the flip side, I remember a lot of people projecting him to be the next JJ Watt, and while this is a fine start for him, he's probably not going to be nearly as good as JJ Watt. And he's not the same kind of player, regardless. 

That was a huge stretch for people to say that. As a Buckeye fan, I knew the kid would be good, but I thought he would have to have a "perfect" fit in order to really succeed. San Diego wasn't exactly the place I had hoped for him, but they played him as a down lineman, even in their 3 man fronts, as well as standing up and he looked fast and agile. I was afraid that once he got to that 280lb range he would slow down some and be a little more "rigid", but the kid looks better now than he ever did at Ohio State. He may have plateaued already, but I don't think the Chargers are going to complain about a consistent low double digit sack guy who is strong against the run as well. He definitely exceeded my expectations of him this past year.

43 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He may have plateaued already, but I don't think the Chargers are going to complain about a consistent low double digit sack guy who is strong against the run as well. He definitely exceeded my expectations of him this past year.

Agreed. I'm wondering if he'll backslide into being a 7-8 sack/year guy, but for now, he's definitely looking good.

22 hours ago, Superman said:

Definitely a more productive pass rusher than I thought he'd be. 

You weren't the only one that wasn't high o him. I didn't understand the hate but I think a lot felt uncomfortable with his family past and his entitlement issues. On the field I really couldn't find a lot of issues. Time will tell if he can keep up the performance. I do have that negative impression for some reason too but I thought the kid was the best pass rusher in the draft and deserved the money he was asking. I guess he proved it...this year anyways.