Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harrison Smith - Colts & When?

I'm a proponent of drafting Harrison Smith from Notre Dame. After we get Luck in the first, I love the mock's everyone's been putting up. Aptly addressing positions of need (WR, DT, OL, and DB). I'm not draft expert but I've thought all year about where Smith would go. I think fourth round is a good bet with a low of sixth round. What do y'all think about round predictions for Smith?

Love the versatility the guy brings. Played S and LB for the Irish. Started out slowly and matured into an excellent leader and a very good player. He'd be a special teams demon and depth at Safety for a year or two. I can see him maturing into the starting SS position and helping our run game tremendously. i can also see him becoming a captain or leader on the D after a few years.

Same mold as Zbikowski, who plays for the Ravens now. Yes, rounds 5 or 6 seem more likely to me. But given how we invested in Lefeged and re-signed Bullitt, if we go safety in this weak class, it will be for someone who drops to our 2nd round pick, or I expect an undrafted one.

Next year's safety class is stronger. My gut tells me the safety comes next year.