Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Make some predictions for this coming season

RockThatBlue

I think it might be interesting to see what everybody predicts, I'll list a few myself.

Luck passes for 32 touchdowns 4100 yards

Gore rushes for 1100 yards (also breaks the streak of no 100 yard rusher since Moses was roaming the earth)

Mathis gets 14 sacks

TY Hilton gets 1200 yards receiving

Now list some of your own predictions...

Offense

Luck: 36 TDs 14 Picks 4400 Yards (MVP runner up)

Gore: 1000 Yards 5 TDs 4.4 YPC

TY Hilton: 1000 Yards 6 TDs 

Moncrief: 1200 Yards 10 TDs (makes pro bowl)

Dorsett: 600 Yards 4 TDs (With a handful of explosive plays)

Dwayne Allen: 800 Yards 8 TDs

Defense

Vontae returns to 2014 form

Run defense is top 10 in the league

Pass defense is top 20

Adams has a down year

Pass rush is better than people expect, but still not good. Top 25-20 in the league

Offense 

Luck: 4300 Yards, 35 TD, 13 INT, actually slides when running with the ball

Gore: 1100 Yards, 6 TD 4.1 YPC 

Ferguson: 300 Yards, 2 TD 

Hilton: 1400 Yards, 7 TD, 16 YPC 

Moncrief: 900 Yards, 8 TD, 12 YPC 

Dorsett: 500 Yards, 3 TD, 18 YPC 

Allen: 550 Yards, 7 TD, 10 YPC 

Doyle: 250 Yards, 2 TD, 7 YPC 

Reitz: 2 Yards, 1 TD 

Defense

Jackson: 144 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF 

Irving/Moore: 110 Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 FF 

Mathis: 10 Sacks, 3 FF

Walden: 4 Sacks, 1 FF

Langford: 6 Sacks, 1 FF 

Adams: 4 INT, 2 FF

Geathers: 2 INT, 2 FF    

Davis: 5 INT, 17 Passes Defensed 

Robinson: 2 INT, 9 Passes Defensed

Special Teams 

McAfee: 70 Punts, 46.5 Avg, 30 Punts Inside the 20, 75 Touch backs on Kickoffs

Vinatieri: 26 of 30 FG, 54 Yd - Longest FG 

12 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Offense

Defense

Pass defense is top 20

Adams has a down year

Pass rush is better than people expect, but still not good. Top 25-20 in the league

I agree with all of these, except the pass rush. I'm expecting them to be top 15-20.

Colts will go 11-5 this year and lose in the first round of the playoffs to the team that will win the SB.  And even though, right now, many in the media think the Colts will be 3rd or 4th in the AFC South, they will talk about how disappointing a season it was for the Colts and how Luck is over-rated.

12 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Luck improves but is the 2nd best quarterback in the division this year.

Colts do not make the playoffs.

Frank Gore has multiple 100 yard games.

Colts go 3-3 in division.

what one QB in this division is better than a healthy, Luck

12 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Luck improves but is the 2nd best quarterback in the division this year.

Colts do not make the playoffs.

Frank Gore has multiple 100 yard games.

Colts go 3-3 in division.

what one QB in this division is better than a healthy, Luck

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Colts retake the division, make it to the AFCCG ,face Brady, spank him finally to punch first ticket to the big dance.......

Rest doesn't matter

Man if this happens, it would be the best day of all-time. That would top our 2006 run. Andrew getting win over them would prove we aren't no push overs anymore. Every team and Great players always have their measuring sticks, the Patriots and Steelers both are ours. Even Michael Jordan had years where he couldn't beat the Pistons. Some may not remember but the Pistons spanked the Bulls 3 years in a row during the Playoffs from 1988-1990 before they finally won a Championship.

Luck gets back to form in a big way, plays particularly well against the not-as-good-as-everyone-thought AFC South opponents, comes in 2nd in MVP voting

O-line makes great strides, but youth and growing pains prevent them from being a top 10 unit for another season

Gore plays well early on, but struggles to stay healthy, and Robert Turbin plays well in his absence, proving to be a great handcuff pickup in fantasy

Curt Maggitt and Erik Swoope are both on the 53 man roster come week 1

Phillip Dorsett is 2nd in rec yards & TDs for the Colts

Secondary and d-line both show up big time and prove to be top 10 units

Pass rush still isn't what we'd like from a "pure" edge rusher standpoint, but the great d-line & secondary play mask it more than in previous years

Colts go 11-5, earn a first-round bye, beat Baltimore in the divisional round, and lose to either Pitt or NE in AFCCG.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Colts will go 11-5 this year and lose in the first round of the playoffs to the team that will win the SB.  And even though, right now, many in the media think the Colts will be 3rd or 4th in the AFC South, they will talk about how disappointing a season it was for the Colts and how Luck is over-rated.

What is this, 2012?

I think Luck rebounds and has a MVP-caliber season. Colts finish in the neighborhood of 12/13 wins and make the AFC Championship game.

These are "bold" predictions, just for fun.

Okine earns an OLB spot and ties Mathis for the most sacks (on the team) this season. 

Defense is top 5 against the run and sends two D-linemen to the pro bowl (Anderson/Langford)

Frank Gore has 6 td receptions.

Andrew Luck rushes for more TDs than any RB on the team.

Our secondary gets 6 ints against Brock.

We beat the Steelers, twice. 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You're either blind, or didn't watch football until last year. Cause no way in the Devils home is Bortles even in the same tier group as Luck. 

I said next year Bortles would be better than Luck. Not for their whole career. Just my prediction.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:50 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Offense

Defense

Pass defense is top 20

Adams has a down year

You made an error you said 36 td's well I only count enough between those players for 28td's.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Blake Bortles.

Bortles only looks better because he has two 1,000 yard WR to throw to and a TE that is good but a little bit overrated I think when healthy Luck is the better QB and the colts are the better team fact because when luck was healthy in 2014 we beat Texans twice granted they were close games but everybody else in the division we spanked.

26 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Bortles only looks better because he has two 1,000 yard WR to throw to and a TE that is good but a little bit overrated I think when healthy Luck is the better QB and the colts are the better team fact because when luck was healthy in 2014 we beat Texans twice granted they were close games but everybody else in the division we spanked.

So Manning really wasn't very good all those years because he had Harrison and Wayne and then some pretty good TEs to throw the ball?

I think Bortles is a good QB, this year will be the year to see if he is going to be a top 10 for his career or a 10-20 for his career.  Last year he was making better decisions overall, had better timing with his receivers and better ball placement on his throws, he should some vast improvement over his rookie year.  If he gets his completion percentage in that 62%+ range then IMO, he will be on the same tier as QBs like Eli, Big Ben and Rivers.

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So Manning really wasn't very good all those years because he had Harrison and Wayne and then some pretty good TEs to throw the ball?

I think Bortles is a good QB, this year will be the year to see if he is going to be a top 10 for his career or a 10-20 for his career.  Last year he was making better decisions overall, had better timing with his receivers and better ball placement on his throws, he should some vast improvement over his rookie year.  If he gets his completion percentage in that 62%+ range then IMO, he will be on the same tier as QBs like Eli, Big Ben and Rivers.

Just out of curiosity how did you draw the conclusion that Manning really wasn't very good by what jameszeigler said? I just don't understand why you added your own color commentary to what was said.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just out of curiosity how did you draw the conclusion that Manning really wasn't very good by what jameszeigler said? I just don't understand why you added your own color commentary to what was said.

Because he said that Bortles only looks better because he has two 1000 yard WRs to throw to.  My point was Manning had the same thing.

57 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

You made an error you said 36 td's well I only count enough between those players for 28td's.

I think a couple of more TDs is expected out of other players beside those who are listed. Really the only error here is your pointing out an error.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think a couple of more TDs is expected out of other players beside those who are listed. Really the only error here is your pointing out an error.

Since you are so interesting in forum etiquette, did you come to this thread to actually make some season predictions or just to criticize the posts of other members?

I just don't understand your purpose of posting in this thread.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Since you are so interesting in forum etiquette, did you come to this thread to actually make some season predictions or just to criticize the posts of other members?

You didn't have a problem saying someone was wrong did you? Guess it only counts for you?

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:41 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Well I was simply pointing it out since you all do the same thing to me even when I had done something right so I will do the same to you. Also I don't see anywhere on here that if you just have an opinion on what somebody posted when there was a clear error that your not allowed to comment. So with that being said you want a prediction fine I think Luck and the offense return to form and the colts return to the playoffs or they just barely miss it. It just depends on how the other teams fare now. I'm going to add something else if he said there were a few more touchdowns spread to backups then list them next time and quit throwing me in the outrage blender for speaking up and saying there was a mistake.