Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Adams Isn't Going Anywhere

Bravo

19 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Disagree. Adams is great, but if your looking at value alone, you can make an argument that Jerrell was the best pick up. Both were good additions though

Definitely disagree. I greatly appreciated freeman and have a ton of respect for him and how he valued the organization after he left. However his production has been up and down vs Adams who has been very solid and has played above expectations.

3 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

He's not going anywhere? Was his contract up or something? 

It's a story about Adams helping the younger safeties.  The statement Adams made to them about not going anywhere, was referring to him competing for the safety position.

15 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

It's a story about Adams helping the younger safeties.  The statement Adams made to them about not going anywhere, was referring to him competing for the safety position.

I don't see any project safties beating him out this year. most draft picks take a while to be nfl ready if they ever do.

27 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

He's not going anywhere? Was his contract up or something? 

Talking about a younger player taking his position. Although his contract will be up at the end of the year... Yes.

He did say he wanted to stay here though. What else would

he say at this point though! Lol

5 minutes ago, GOT AN O-LINE said:

I don't see any project safties beating him out this year. most draft picks take a while to be nfl ready if they ever do.

Adams said in the article that Green is really fast and has some cover ability. 

Not it saying he is going to beat him out or anything. Just interesting!

36 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Adams said in the article that Green is really fast and has some cover ability. 

Not it saying he is going to beat him out or anything. Just interesting!

I think Green is going to be used very similarly to Geathers -- both possess the physical talents but were a little raw coming out of college.

I think Green will be a special team's beast this year and will also be used in certain defensive packages -- it sounds like they are excited about using him against bigger TEs in the slot and I hope we can use him in certain blitz packages on obvious passing downs due to his speed.

1 hour ago, Iancolts said:

Shoot green was drafted in

the second round!! He better be a starter this upcoming season.  The top three players picked has to be starting!! 

That very rarely happens for any NFL team. I agree they should be starters eventually. But that is not a given either.

2 hours ago, Iancolts said:

Shoot green was drafted in

the second round!! He better be a starter this upcoming season.  The top three players picked has to be starting!! 

That's pretty wishful thinking. Given that Green is coming into a position group that already has a very solid veteran and a guy who played a lot last season I doubt he plays much this year. Maybe dime situations. He looks pretty rough in coverage to me from some of his college film also.

I agree that first round picks should be players that you want starting hopefully sometime in their rookie season. But beyond that it's pretty tough for a rookie to step right into a starting role unless there was a departing starter in that position.

picks in the firs three rounds ideally you want starting for you but not necessarily right out of the chute.