Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Mcafee highlights

CR91

On 5/31/2016 at 8:24 PM, crazycolt1 said:

GOAT?  I am not too sure about that. I think Ray Guy has that honor.

I'm not sure how you would clarify the GOAT of punters.   But pat has a far better yards per punt over guy.   I'm not sure how many each have pinned the opposing team inside the 10

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure how you would clarify the GOAT of punters.   But pat has a far better yards per punt over guy.   I'm not sure how many each have pinned the opposing team inside the 10

Pat is rated 8th on the list according to Ranker.com. Ray Guy is rated #1. As far as yardage Shane Lechler followed by Sammy Baugh are the leaders in that category.

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Pat has more yards per punt than Guy.

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXleadersXXpunt_yds_per_punt_career.htm

Yardage is not the only stat that punters are judged upon. Not only did Sammy Baugh hold the yardage record for quite a few years he also lead the league in passing and interceptions in a season. So sorry, Pat is not the GOAT. As much as I like him and he is one of my favorite Colts players calling him the GOAT is just not true. You cant pick just one stat and overlook the rest.  Ray Guy is the standard that even Pat sets as a goal for himself. Guy perfected putting the ball inside the 10 yard line and that in itself lowered his yardage numbers.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yardage is not the only stat that punters are judged upon. Not only did Sammy Baugh hold the yardage record for quite a few years he also lead the league in passing and interceptions in a season. So sorry, Pat is not the GOAT. As much as I like him and he is one of my favorite Colts players calling him the GOAT is just not true. You cant pick just one stat and overlook the rest.  Ray Guy is the standard that even Pat sets as a goal for himself. Guy perfected putting the ball inside the 10 yard line and that in itself lowered his yardage numbers.

Pat in my opinion isn't the goat.  But  Ray Guy is only the goat because of how long he played and where he was drafted.  Shane Lechler was better than both

On June 2, 2016 at 10:25 AM, JPPT1974 said:

Only punter and kickoff man that is a celebrity.

The thing I love about Pat is how funny he is at improv & free lance, unrehearsed stuff in the locker room. 

You can always see the wheels turning with Pat no matter what he does: Punting, holding the ball for Adam on a FG, or just being naturally hysterical just off the top of his head. Really bright guys aren't always funny and able to work a room but Pat is. He's really good at disarming people & making them feel at ease regardless of their age or lot in life. It's a gift man. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

The thing I love about Pat is how funny he is at improv & free lance, unrehearsed stuff in the locker room. 

You can always see the wheels turning with Pat no matter what he does: Punting, holding the ball for Adam on a FG, or just being naturally hysterical just off the top of his head. Really bright guys aren't always funny and able to work a room but Pat is. He's really good at disarming people & making them feel at ease regardless of their age or lot in life. It's a gift man. 

It would be cool to see us bring him in down by 2 and he nails a 70 Yard FG. I think Pagano would try something like that with him.

On June 6, 2016 at 8:34 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It would be cool to see us bring him in down by 2 and he nails a 70 Yard FG. I think Pagano would try something like that with him.

That would be sweet to see man. It would make me forget this blunder against the dreaded Cowboys...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000447269/McDonald-drops-fake-punt-pass

Love ya Pat. Not your fault. Darn, I so wanted to smoke Dallas with this element of surprise. 

Dewey McDonald...Sigh...You took years off my life man. Just sayin'...I know; I know. It wasn't intentional, but it still hurt never the less.