Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

THIS should be Peyton's new job

BloodyChamp

I could be wrong but I just cant imagine Manning would want to move to Bristol Ct. and take a full time job there. His home mansion is in Florida, a mansion in Colorado and another mansion in Tenn. I would also imagine ESPN would open the checkbook pretty wide if he did want to do something like that. I have read where ESPN is losing viewers and advertisement big time.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I could be wrong but I just cant imagine Manning would want to move to Bristol Ct. and take a full time job there. His home mansion is in Florida, a mansion in Colorado and another mansion in Tenn. I would also imagine ESPN would open the checkbook pretty wide if he did want to do something like that. I have read where ESPN is losing viewers and advertisement big time.

Yeah I don't think he'll do it either people might find this hard to believe but I think outside of Giants games, Vols games, and speaking engagements we won't really see much of Manning. I don't think he knows what he wants to do with the rest of his life fortunately for him money isn't an issue.

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ive just never thought of Peyton as a guy who wants to be on TV regularly..

He just doesn't like to criticize other players...he wouldn't be candid

No doubt Peyton would be great at it, but I think he is going to have too many other things going on in his retirement to jump back into anything full-time.  Especially a job where he will be asked to try and pry things out of players during interviews.  You could tell that annoyed him when he was the player being interviewed.  He always had the perfect response, but you could tell when he was just going through the motions of giving "sanitary" answers to the same questions over and over.

I think Manning will be on TV all the time in the future, but not as an ESPN or NFL personality.