Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the AFC South's finishing records

TYtheGHOST

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Definitely they aren't the team to beat in the division.  A very realistic scenario could see them finishing last in the division.

Im not sure how someone could say that after they won it last year and didn't lose many players.

To many people base expectations and predictions off of the offseason.

17 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

What do you mean good again?  Nobody in the AFC South was good last year, including and especially the Texans.  The Texans haven't been good since like 2012, and almost their entire history they've either sucked or been average.

They were a pretty good team last year with lots of injuries and a revolving door of mediocre QB's.   I think Brock is pretty good and will play hard for them.    The defense is one of the best in the NFL.   Lamar Miller is a very good RB.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

They were a pretty good team last year with lots of injuries and a revolving door of mediocre QB's.   I think Brock is pretty good and will play hard for them.    The defense is one of the best in the NFL.   Lamar Miller is a very good RB.  

No, they weren't.  That's why they had a medicore record, and that's why they got their doors blown off by KC in the first round of the playoffs.

Every other team in the NFL had injuries and brought in new players too.....not just the Texans.

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

Im not sure how someone could say that after they won it last year and didn't lose many players.

To many people base expectations and predictions off of the offseason.

Better tell that to ESPN.  They are one of many that have both the Colts and the Jaguars ahead of Houston. 

2 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Better tell that to ESPN.  They are one of many that have both the Colts and the Jaguars ahead of Houston. 

First off. It's ESPN. I'm surprised they covered anyone but Lebron, Curry, or the Patriots. And Yeah, in some of those they have the Jags above the Colts.

They are basing their predictions off of the offseason. Some do that. I don't I guess. We saw what happened to the Colts the year everyone thought they were "Super Bowl contenders."

28 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

First off. It's ESPN. I'm surprised they covered anyone but Lebron, Curry, or the Patriots. And Yeah, in some of those they have the Jags above the Colts.

They are basing their predictions off of the offseason. Some do that. I don't I guess. We saw what happened to the Colts the year everyone thought they were "Super Bowl contenders."

"team to beat" is a meaningless clickbait title anyway.  imo, the division should be considered wide open.

you can make a strong case that the texans actually had the worst off season in the division.  especially if you consider a healthy andrew luck returning to be an off season addition.

the jags young defenders- fowler, ramsay and jack, all have had injury issues before finishing their first nfl practice, and they didnt address the oline.

Lets go BOLD

Jaguars - 10-6 (Make Playoffs)

Colts - 10 -6 (Make Playoffs)

Titans - 7-9

Texans - 5-11

This prediction makes absolutely no sense, and I wouldn't bet a single penny on it happening but if by some chance something like this DOES go down.................just gonna leave it here, and prop it back up in Decemberhaha

3 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Strange.  You pick without taking into consideration any player movement, coaching changes, injuries, draft picks that may have occured in the offseason.  So, essentially, you should just pick based on exactly how teams finished up last season, even though every team, by design, is different than the last season.

42 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Strange.  You pick without taking into consideration any player movement, coaching changes, injuries, draft picks that may have occured in the offseason.  So, essentially, you should just pick based on exactly how teams finished up last season, even though every team, by design, is different than the last season.

So if I'm correct and follow what your saying last year you had the Colts winning almost every game. That's what ESPN was saying and the Colts had a "great" offseason.

Agree to disagree. You seem to take the offseason moves to the extreme and listen to ESPN and I tend to make my own decisions and take it with a grain of salt until they prove it more close/during the season. 

9 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

So if I'm correct and follow what your saying last year you had the Colts winning almost every game. That's what ESPN was saying and the Colts had a "great" offseason.

Agree to disagree. You seem to take the offseason moves to the extreme and listen to ESPN and I tend to make my own decisions and take it with a grain of salt until they prove it more close/during the season. 

No, you're not correct and your not following what i'm saying at all.

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

I see.  The prognostications of some anonymous fans on an internet forum are totally credible, but not anyone in the media. 

The media and vegas were both wrong last year on who was going to win the south.

5 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

I see.  The prognostications of some anonymous fans on an internet forum are totally credible, but not anyone in the media. 

I have found through the years that I have been correct as much as anyone at ESPN.  At least in sports I pay attention to.    Not the greatest percent, but it's about a wash.   

Besides, this is a forum for opinions.   My opinion is that the Texans will finish ahead of the Colts.   I've already stated my reasons why.   I could be wrong.   In fact, I hope I'm wrong because I'm a Colts fan.  

In truth, 10 wins feels about right for this team.  I can see them going 4-2 in the division, which is much improved on paper anyway, and then 6-4 outside of it.  To be 'pacific' (as my late father-in-law used to say), I can see them splitting with the Jags and Texicans, and sweeping the Titans.  I could also see us losing to Denver, Green Bay, Minnesota, and Oakland.  I think Pitt and KC could go either way but I have them as wins for now being at home.

On 5/26/2016 at 10:34 AM, ColtsBleedBlue said:

Makes me furious when other fans say we aren't going to do good. Back in Luck's rookie year the team was worse and we still went 11-5.

It makes me laugh when you don`t allow for the fact that we came from behind in the 4th quarter
9 times that season against a bunch of terrible teams that flat out folded in the 4th quarter. Did Not watch the games?

It was a season of much more BAD football than good. Perhaps the worst 11-5 team EVER!

Who knows how this group comes together under this new coaching staff?

And for you to feel the way you do, you MUST totally ignore the Reality that our divisional opponents
 ALL have real NFL caliber starting QB`s Now. NONE had one that season.
 Luck is likely to be outplayed in half or more of our Divisional games this season if he doesn`t improve his thinking.
  We lack depth at WR, TE, and RB. That spells Trouble!!!
    And if we don`t run the ball well in Grigs & Paganos 5th season, we are at a High risk of ending sub .500.
   JMO of course.

8 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

It makes me laugh when you don`t allow for the fact that we came from behind in the 4th quarter
9 times that season against a bunch of terrible teams that flat out folded in the 4th quarter. Did Not watch the games?

It was a season of much more BAD football than good. Perhaps the worst 11-5 team EVER!

Who knows how this group comes together under this new coaching staff?

And for you to feel the way you do, you MUST totally ignore the Reality that our divisional opponents
 ALL have real NFL caliber starting QB`s Now. NONE had one that season.
 Luck is likely to be outplayed in half or more of our Divisional games this season if he doesn`t improve his thinking.
  We lack depth at WR, TE, and RB. That spells Trouble!!!
    And if we don`t run the ball well in Grigs & Paganos 5th season, we are at a High risk of ending sub .500.
   JMO of course.

we have lost several starters on defense, and more starters on the offense, we have not replaced the ones we lost with proven players, we are depending on draft picks to start which is iffy. grigs after his previous bad deals seems to be going into the build by the draft only mode. he may be afraid to make deals and have them turn out bad. imo our offseason was a disaster. we lost starters and now have unprovens for starters. I hate to face reality but we may have regressed. look for the Texans to dominate our division

Texans 9-7

Colts 8-8

Jags 7-9

Titans 6-10

Whoever ends up winning the South will likely be bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  Division overall is improving but media is overrating the immediate extent of the improvement...for this year at least.

I see the Colts finishing anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7, so I just split the difference on my prediction for them.  Improved stability at the QB position (for a change) and a better overall defense  give the Texans a slight edge over Indy for the division...in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Texans 9-7

Colts 8-8

Jags 7-9

Titans 6-10

Whoever ends up winning the South will likely be bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  Division overall is improving but media is overrating the immediate extent of the improvement...for this year at least.

I see the Colts finishing anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7, so I just split the difference on my prediction for them.  Improved stability at the QB position (for a change) and a better overall defense  give the Texans a slight edge over Indy for the division...in my opinion.

Osweiler is a marginal upgrade at best. 

On 5/26/2016 at 0:37 PM, Myles said:

Hahaha yeah and the Colts were without Luck for 9 games and we still split the series with them. The Texans narrowly escaped with that win against us too, WITHOUT Luck!!! Not impressive if you ask me. Then they got spanked and embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs. If the Colts boast an improved O line this year with a healthy Luck and a competent offensive coordinator, I think the Colts still have this division. Plus we get Henry Anderson back on D. And Brock is still very largely unproven so there is more question marks there than answers right now.

On 5/29/2016 at 10:52 AM, bananabucket said:

Marginal?...perhaps.   But consider this...the Texans now have a QB who has actually beaten the Pats.  That's something Luck has yet to do in 4 seasons. Sure Denver had that defense but their offense still needed to put up 30 to win that game.   

Not saying Osweiller is better than Luck by any stretch...just that the Texans have improved themselves at the position...maybe more than just marginally.  With that defense...any improvement  they get at the QB position will make them very tough to deal with.

I can see why so many are keeping low expectations for the Colts as there are a lot of question marks.  BUT what I find odd is they are using the same logic to predict that the other teams in the division will prosper.  We all have QB's with question marks and pretty much all of the teams are relying on rookies and unproven players to perform for the teams to have success.  On paper, the other teams have improved, but have they actually proven it on the field yet?  I would go with the team who lost the division (narrowly) by 1 game and has actually had success over the other teams who are trying to get there.  Let's face it, as poorly as he played last season, IF Luck stays upright this Colts team was going to be the division champ again.  IMHO a healthy Luck = Colts are STILL the team to beat.  Their main nemesis, the Texans, are playing that #1 schedule this year too BTW.  Some consolation for getting blown out at home in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Marginal?...perhaps.   But consider this...the Texans now have a QB who has actually beaten the Pats.  That's something Luck has yet to do in 4 seasons. Sure Denver had that defense but their offense still needed to put up 30 to win that game.   

Not saying Osweiller is better than Luck by any stretch...just that the Texans have improved themselves at the position...maybe more than just marginally.  With that defense...any improvement  they get at the QB position will make them very tough to deal with.

Osweiler may have, but the Texans have NOT.  Even as good as their D has been they have not even come close to solving the Pats.  We won't have to wait long as we will find out Sept 22.  Only question is will Brady play?

On 5/29/2016 at 10:52 AM, bananabucket said:

At best?   Really?

I'm not putting my money on him being an MVP, but he showed some signs of being capable of being a good QB.   I'd take him as it is now over Cutler.   I think he'll be motivated to play hard and be prepared.  

What makes me pick Houston most is their defense.   Easily the best in the division.   With Miller at RB, I think they could be the 2nd best offense in the division.  

On May 26, 2016 at 6:43 AM, ColtsBleedBlue said:

No Way We Don't Win At Least 10 Games

Even if Luck has a season ending injury four or five games in? I can see lots of ways to not get to ten wins. Most of those would include significant injuries. I am hoping that Luck is back at full strength and that he isn't gunshot after last years serious injuries. We may also see lingering effects from that shoulder injury too. I hope none of this happens butt would not surprise me if it did.  Perhaps we should all say a prayer for Andrew's good health.