• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Texans 9-7

Jaguars 8-8

Colts 7-9

Titans 4-12

I'll make a little friendly wager with you Bogie. If the Colts at least finish 9-7 or better you have to change your avatar to an Andrew Luck one passing the ball and if they don't I will change mine to a Drew Brees one passing. Just for 2 weeks, then we can change back. Out of respect for Prince I shouldn't even offer the bet but I think it would be fun. If you lose you can change it back in 2 weeks. You predict 7-9 so I am even increasing your count by 2 games. We wont find out what happens until December anyway.

Colts 10-6 (9.5) my over/under

Texans 9-7 (9.5) my over/under

Jags 9-7 (8.5) my over/under

Titans 6-10 (6.5) my over/under

-I will continue to stick with this. The Colts over/under should be placed at 9.5. They will at least win 9 IMO and if Andrew stays healthy I say 10. I am banking on Andrew staying healthy.

It's waaaay to early to predict this sort of stuff... and us Colts fans should know that based off of what happened last season and how we all thought we would do this time of year last year.

If i had to predict something now though with a gun to my head, I'd say someone is going to win the division on 9 - 7 and it will be down to tie breakers. For the sake of argument, I'll go with the following:

Colts 9 - 7 (win on divisional record tie-breaker)

Texans 9 - 7

Jags 8 - 8

Titans 6 - 10

It *SHOULD* be a much more competitive and close AFC South.... SHOULD....

42 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Be serious man at worst we are going 8-8 again and I think we are better than last year's team by a lot.

We used to have five or six automatic divisional wins and split the other games. Now we figure to split the divisional games. So 8-8 may be the ceiling, not the floor. Key of course is whether Luck will still resemble the shell shocked QB of last year.

1 minute ago, azcolt said:

We used to have five or six automatic divisional wins and split the other games. Now we figure to split the divisional games. So 8-8 may be the ceiling, not the floor. Key of course is whether Luck will still resemble the shell shocked QB of last year.

I have us going 4-2 in the Division and 6-4 outside of, which leads to 10-6. If we go 5-5 outside that is still 9-7 at worse. We split with the Texans and Jags, sweep the Titans IMO.

18 minutes ago, ColtsBleedBlue said:

Makes me furious when other fans say we aren't going to do good. Back in Luck's rookie year the team was worse and we still went 11-5.

Luck wasn't fazed then by all of the hits and the schedule was the weakest in years.

I am going to say that with the rookie class and coaching upgrades that the Colts will improve back to their "traditional" 11-5 with the Texans and Jags following at 8-8 and Tennessee improving but finishing 6-10. Our problem is everyone in the division seems to have improved; however, the other teams in the division have the same problem. My over and under on the Colts is 10.5.

42 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I need to see the o-line work first, for a more accurate reading.

But my guestimationif the o-line, and d-line works the way it should:

Colts: 12-4 

Texans: 9-7

Jags: 7-9

Titans 6-10

Flip the Texans and Jags then I agree with this. I'm not really sold on Osweiler yet. 

Colts 9-7

Texans 9-7

Jaguars 7-9

Titans 5-11

I'm not sure. Texans are defiantly the team to beat in the division. After the Colts bad year last year it's hard to say how well they will actually play this year.

11-5 until proven otherwise.

We beat the broncos and had our chances against panthers and patriots. Our early year losses against bills and jets were due to interior pressure which should be solved with kelly taking care of business and philbin working his magic.

For me it's very simple. Give luck space to step up in the pocket and we win 80% of games.

Honestly don't know enough about the other division teams' schedules to make a prediction.

13 minutes ago, myic90 said:

11-5 until proven otherwise.

We beat the broncos and had our chances against panthers and patriots. Our early year losses against bills and jets were due to interior pressure which should be solved with kelly taking care of business and philbin working his magic.

For me it's very simple. Give luck space to step up in the pocket and we win 80% of games.

Honestly don't know enough about the other division teams' schedules to make a prediction.

Thank you! It seems like everyone is forgeting that. With just five days a healthy Andrew Luck and our new OC went to denver and beat the #1 ranked defense. Imagine a whole off season devoted to installing his offense. I easily see us going 12-4 at the worst.

6 minutes ago, ColtsBleedBlue said:

Are you serious? Just stop.

Just stating my opinion as everyone else is.   Don't confuse it with what I WANT to happen.    I think the Texans will be good again.   I think the Colts have a tough schedule.   I think the Colts defense is unproven.   I think their O-line is unproven.   I'm not sure on their TE position.   I'm afraid Luck may try to take on too much and throw too many INT's.

I hope I am wrong and I probably am. :)

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

Just stating my opinion as everyone else is.   Don't confuse it with what I WANT to happen.    I think the Texans will be good again.   I think the Colts have a tough schedule.   I think the Colts defense is unproven.   I think their O-line is unproven.   I'm not sure on their TE position.   I'm afraid Luck may try to take on too much and throw too many INT's.

I hope I am wrong and I probably am. :)

What do you mean good again?  Nobody in the AFC South was good last year, including and especially the Texans.  The Texans haven't been good since like 2012, and almost their entire history they've either sucked or been average.

53 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Colts 9-7

Texans 9-7

Jaguars 7-9

Titans 5-11

I'm not sure. Texans are defiantly the team to beat in the division. After the Colts bad year last year it's hard to say how well they will actually play this year.

Definitely they aren't the team to beat in the division.  A very realistic scenario could see them finishing last in the division.