Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Trouble With Andrew Luck

Restored

10 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

"If a play breaks down in practice, making a full-speed decision to throw it away is an aspect I have to train myself now.”

A recent quote from 'Dumb' Luck. The Greatest prospect in 25 years.

You're digging yourself a hole....     I'm not sure you can get out of this one....

You should quit while you're behind.....

On 5/31/2016 at 3:56 PM, Ollonesomeme said:

Do Colts fans believe that Andrew Luck has much upside now? It seems to me that after this much time, what we see is what we get. Fans seem to think that the new OC will make a big difference in what we see from Luck? I don't see that happening however, the OC may design plays that do not expose Luck's flaws but really play into his strong points. One poster here has said many times that if the NFL conducted a league wide draft that Luck would be taken first. I don't think so. I think Winston-and Mariota because of their great upside but most of all for their rookie contracts woul be taken one-two. Your thoughts?

IMO, this isn't about Luck's upside, but about his bad playing habits he brought from college.  His staring down receivers, over/ under throwing, holding the ball to long, and trouble throwing short quick passes to name a few.

16 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

IMO, this isn't about Luck's upside, but about his bad playing habits he brought from college.  His staring down receivers, over/ under throwing, holding the ball to long, and trouble throwing short quick passes to name a few.

Agreed. Bad habits are tough to break but from what we've heard from Luck and the staff, they clearly know what the issues are and are taking steps to correct them.

• 2 months later...
On 2016. 06. 08. at 2:21 PM, gacker65 said:

There are some bad habits to get rid off, yes. But definitely not "staring down receivers". This was an issue early in his first year, forcing the ball too many times to Reggie, but he's grown out of this long time ago. Do yourself a favour, and watch Luck's saturday's and last week's preseason game, and watch Mariota's, Wilson's, Winston's - add any name here not named Brady, Brees and a (very) few veterans - head movement. Watch how Lucks helmet turns from right to left than left to right in 1-2 seconds, and watch all those other's helmet staying turned to one side of the field, most of the time on the first target. Luck's problem wasnt staring his receivers, but forcing to throw to them, whether its his first or his third read.

Note: A QB, who has trouble throwing short, quick passes will never throw 40TD's in a season. Never. To throw more than 20, maybe 25 you have to be very effective in the red-zone, very good in throwing short, quick passes to tight coverages. If the QB is not good at it, the OC will call a run play, or something else. Result: fewer TD passes. So, Luck can do all of these, we have already seen that.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:25 PM, Superman said:

Way too many generalizations and inaccuracies for me. 

1) It's not really true that Hilton struggles against press coverage. He actually eats press coverage up most of the time he faces it, which is why rarely anyone tries to press him. This is just the typical knock against a smallish receiver -- he's only 5'10", so he has trouble with physical coverage. Yeah, ask Brandon Browner about that... The only strategy that slows down Hilton is to bracket him with a corner underneath and a safety over the top, and if the only way to stop a receiver is to double him, then he qualifies as a true #1. If jamming him at the line was all you had to do to stop him, teams would jam him.

2) Acting like Gore and Turbin can't produce in the passing game is dumb. Gore has averaged 34 catches/year over his career, with over 8 yards/catch. He's older, so maybe he won't get that many receiving opportunities, but the Colts have a handful of younger guys who have the pass catching skill set and who will compete for the RB3/4 spots on the roster. If the Colts want to utilize backs in the passing game, they'll be able to.

3) Acting like Dwayne Allen isn't capable of producing as a pass catcher is also ridiculous. He's not Jimmy Graham, but he's been an all over the field pass catcher since Clemson. Line him up wherever you want. No reason he can't be a reasonably high volume pass catcher, especially since he's now the undisputed TE1, not sharing the role with Fleener. The writer compares Allen to Martellus Bennett, who had a 90 catch season two years ago, but averages 43 catches/year. Allen had 45 catches as a rookie. He is the droid you're looking for.

I agree with the overall premise of the article. Luck has some work to do, but the offense has to evolve in order to take better use the weapons we have and minimize the weaknesses. The previous coordinator didn't do a good job of this. Chud didn't have Luck for 6 of his 7 games, and wasn't running his preferred offense anyway. We'll see what Chud has in store, but I'm optimistic that he has a good idea of how to get this offense tuned up.

Well done, solid retort!

Do Colts fans believe that Andrew Luck has much upside now? It seems to me that after this much time, what we see is what we get. Fans seem to think that the new OC will make a big difference in what we see from Luck? I don't see that happening however, the OC may design plays that do not expose Luck's flaws but really play into his strong points. One poster here has said many times that if the NFL conducted a league wide draft that Luck would be taken first. I don't think so. I think Winston-and Mariota because of their great upside but most of all for their rookie contracts woul be taken one-two. Your thoughts?

Did you miss his first 3 seasons ?

2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

All Trolling aside, at what age/point in his career do we say that Luck has stopped improving his game? Like at some point he'll peak and then it'll be up to the rest of the team to improve. Right? 

Jeff Saturday has an opinion of Andrew Luck I would like to share with the class here's the link .

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Jeff-Saturday-Compares-Andrew-Luck-To-Peyton-Manning/3c7f7b1c-fcf9-404e-8287-e67ea78e94ad

1 minute ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Jeff Saturday has an opinion of Andrew Luck I would like to share with the class here's the link .

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Jeff-Saturday-Compares-Andrew-Luck-To-Peyton-Manning/3c7f7b1c-fcf9-404e-8287-e67ea78e94ad

And by all means when it says click here please do Luck is better than many obviously realize .

We really need to be able to run the ball.  it's that simple.  You can run it effectively, it slows the pass rush down.  Or at LEAST screen pass.  You HAVE to be able to get yards on screens, especially if you can't run it.  The Colts do neither well right now so the pass rush has no fear about getting burned.  So they come with all they have, every play, knowing we can't run or screen.  Lord help Andy this year.

25 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

I still have doubts about Andrew's arm strength.  I just don't see the velocity of top tier qbs.  

So you say, that when time comes, Luck will break noodle arm Peytons TD record .... with his noodle arm?

I'm good with that :D

22 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

I still have doubts about Andrew's arm strength.  I just don't see the velocity of top tier qbs.  

What does that have to do with hitting receivers? He arm is plenty strong to do what is needed out of a QB. Manning  never had a strong arm and hardly ever threw a tight spiral. He just threw the ball where it could be caught.

I have news for you, Luck is a top tier QB and his records he has broke his first 3 1/2 years has proved that.

I think maybe you need to go watch some tape of Luck in college and his first three years as a pro and then you can see he has plenty of arm strength.

57 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

You don't have to throws bullets like Elway used to to be effective.  His arm is strong enough.  I believe in his pro day at Stanford it was reported that he threw a ball 70 yards into a slight breeze just to prove the doubters wrong.  That's strong enough.

Now if you want to make a case that he is not always accurate, or takes too many chances, that's another discussion.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What does that have to do with hitting receivers? He arm is plenty strong to do what is needed out of a QB. Manning  never had a strong arm and hardly ever threw a tight spiral. He just threw the ball where it could be caught.

I have news for you, Luck is a top tier QB and his records he has broke his first 3 1/2 years has proved that.

I think maybe you need to go watch some tape of Luck in college and his first three years as a pro and then you can see he has plenty of arm strength.

Every yr someone tells me Peyton never had a strong arm.  I remember more velocity from Prime Peyton than Andrew has.  Look at Peyton Colts highlights and tell me he isn't throwing harder and with more accuracy and a quicker delivery than Andrew. 

1 hour ago, YourNextGM said:

Every yr someone tells me Peyton never had a strong arm.  I remember more velocity from Prime Peyton than Andrew has.  Look at Peyton Colts highlights and tell me he isn't throwing harder and with more accuracy and a quicker delivery than Andrew. 

Peyton didn't get the nickname noodle arm for nothing. You can get your digs in on Luck as much as you want but no ones buying it but you.

Velocity has zero to do with hitting a target receiver.

Would it be possible for you to start a thread and or make a comment that even shows you are a Colts fan?

I will always remember a behind view replay of a play late in the game last year against the Bills.  The bills are bringing the house, they have all day.  

You see Luck drop back and the receivers get off the line and go straight out all running deep routes.  Not one with a shallow route designed to beat blitzes.  Luck gets eaten alive by like 3 defenders.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:25 PM, Superman said:

Way too many generalizations and inaccuracies for me. 

1) It's not really true that Hilton struggles against press coverage. He actually eats press coverage up most of the time he faces it, which is why rarely anyone tries to press him. This is just the typical knock against a smallish receiver -- he's only 5'10", so he has trouble with physical coverage. Yeah, ask Brandon Browner about that... The only strategy that slows down Hilton is to bracket him with a corner underneath and a safety over the top, and if the only way to stop a receiver is to double him, then he qualifies as a true #1. If jamming him at the line was all you had to do to stop him, teams would jam him.

2) Acting like Gore and Turbin can't produce in the passing game is dumb. Gore has averaged 34 catches/year over his career, with over 8 yards/catch. He's older, so maybe he won't get that many receiving opportunities, but the Colts have a handful of younger guys who have the pass catching skill set and who will compete for the RB3/4 spots on the roster. If the Colts want to utilize backs in the passing game, they'll be able to.

3) Acting like Dwayne Allen isn't capable of producing as a pass catcher is also ridiculous. He's not Jimmy Graham, but he's been an all over the field pass catcher since Clemson. Line him up wherever you want. No reason he can't be a reasonably high volume pass catcher, especially since he's now the undisputed TE1, not sharing the role with Fleener. The writer compares Allen to Martellus Bennett, who had a 90 catch season two years ago, but averages 43 catches/year. Allen had 45 catches as a rookie. He is the droid you're looking for.

I agree with the overall premise of the article. Luck has some work to do, but the offense has to evolve in order to take better use the weapons we have and minimize the weaknesses. The previous coordinator didn't do a good job of this. Chud didn't have Luck for 6 of his 7 games, and wasn't running his preferred offense anyway. We'll see what Chud has in store, but I'm optimistic that he has a good idea of how to get this offense tuned up.

#1 Totally agree here.  The problem was for a while until Moncrief emerged last year, the Colts where without any good #2 receiver on the outside.  In 2014, Moncrief is young and makes his share of mistakes, Nicks isn't very good, and Wayne is old and hurt.  There is no running game to speak of (as if there ever was) so stop Hilton and stop the colts.  The late half of 2013 was similar.  Wayne was out for half the season so you where left with TY and Darrius Heyward Bey.  The good news is with Moncrief and Dorsett I think this problem is corrected.  You can't stop the Colts by simply stopping TY anymore.

#2  I disagree here.  Gore has never been a natural pass catching weapon.  He'd get some catches out of just being an outlet receiver.  But he's not a real WEAPON in the passing game.  Not like Bradshaw was or Forte.  Something we still lack IMO is a good 3rd down back.  People where hoping Ferguson could be it but I don't think he's the guy.  

#3)Your comparison to Bennett is bad.  You are comparing Bennett's career average to Dwayne Allen's best year in terms of receiving.  Now perhaps he's been misused but there is good reason to question if Dwayne Allen can really be that pass catching TE.  

I agree with the premise of the article.  Starting with BA and then with Pep the Colts have tried to scheme a vertical passing game for a while.  And they have done it with suspect offensive lines.  And it's just not working.  

Luck has as much upside as any quarterback in the league.  Whether he reaches it or not is up to him limiting his bad habits.  Holding the ball to long and forcing it in, is a problem with him  Its basically what separates him from the Bradys and Rodgers of the world.  Think the Colts line is bad, look at the Packers, and despite this Rodgers has been able to excel.  I would also add that if he doesn't start taking less hits, injuries are going to limit him as well.  No matter how big you are, if you are taking that many hits year in year out it will eventually cause you to miss games.

3 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

More accuracy?  Yes

Quicker delivery?  Yes

But there is nothing wrong with Luck's arm strength.

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I will always remember a behind view replay of a play late in the game last year against the Bills.  The bills are bringing the house, they have all day.  

You see Luck drop back and the receivers get off the line and go straight out all running deep routes.  Not one with a shallow route designed to beat blitzes.  Luck gets eaten alive by like 3 defenders.

There was a lot of that in Pep's offense. I complained about it a lot, and it's my hope that it's fixed in Chud's offense. However, there was a play Saturday that looked a lot like that, and Luck got sacked or flushed, can't remember... might have been the 2 yard scramble where he got caught from behind. Terrible route combinations, from what I could see. 

Hot routes, screens (looks like they know how to run them now...), rollouts, and other deliberate concepts to take pressure off the QB. I think Chud gets it, and I expect to see A LOT of it. I also expect to see a good portion of 3 man routes with 7 man protections, given the speed of the receivers. 

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

You can't stop the Colts by simply stopping TY anymore.

I would love to see teams double TY all game. I'm a huge Hilton fan, have been since before we drafted him, but I'm on record saying that I think Moncrief and Dorsett are both more physically gifted than he is. Moncrief is already showing his stud potential. Give either of them single coverage, and I think they eat just as much as Hilton would.

#2  I disagree here.  Gore has never been a natural pass catching weapon.  He'd get some catches out of just being an outlet receiver.  But he's not a real WEAPON in the passing game.  Not like Bradshaw was or Forte.  Something we still lack IMO is a good 3rd down back.  People where hoping Ferguson could be it but I don't think he's the guy.

Bradshaw and Forte are two of the best receiving backs in the league over the last few years. I'm not saying the Colts have dangerous receiving weapons out of the backfield, but they have guys who are capable of lining up all over the place, catching the ball, and finishing... some of the young guys might even make a defender or two miss, and then it's a big gain. In context, I felt like the writer was saying the Colts have nothing but 3 outside guys and Allen, and there will be no production in the passing game from the backs. I disagree with that. I'm not saying any of the Colts backs will be 50 catch guys in 2016.

#3)Your comparison to Bennett is bad.  You are comparing Bennett's career average to Dwayne Allen's best year in terms of receiving.  Now perhaps he's been misused but there is good reason to question if Dwayne Allen can really be that pass catching TE.  

Again, it's not my comparison. The writer compares Allen to Bennett. And the point is that Bennett had one really big season and a couple other good seasons, but his average is more along the lines of what we know Allen can do. It took Bennett five years to show the kind of ability that Allen showed as a rookie. Since then, he's been hurt, misused, and in a timeshare. My point is that, if you're going to compare Allen to Bennett, let's compare his potential to what Bennett typically does, not to Bennett's best season ever, the season that doubles his career averages.

Better yet, let's just focus on Allen's traits and ability. The writer puts Allen in a box, calling him more of an H-back than a downfield receiver. I disagree with that to begin with. As I said, Allen has been an all over the field receiver since college. He catches the ball inside the numbers, outside the numbers, at the sticks, in the red zone, along the sideline, he runs in-breaking routes and out-breaking routes, he makes contested catches, and he can run in the open field with the ball. People seem to view him as a rumbling inline blocker who can't make plays in the passing game, and that's just not true. That's been his role for the most part, especially since he got hurt in 2013, but Allen has more ability than he gets credit for.

I agree with the premise of the article.  Starting with BA and then with Pep the Colts have tried to scheme a vertical passing game for a while.  And they have done it with suspect offensive lines.  And it's just not working.  

You won't get any argument from me about the Colts being overdue to move away from the vertical passing attack and focusing more on a quick-strike, high efficiency offense. I've been practically begging for it for a long time. I don't want an ultra-conservative, dink and dunk offense, but I do think the coaches can do a lot more than they've done to protect the QB with smart passing concepts. The fact that this team struggled to run a simple screen pass for the last four years is kind of all you need to know.

The premise -- as I read it, the coaching needs to do a better job of putting Luck in good situations and taking advantage of the talent on the outside -- is sound. I nitpicked with the execution of the article because I found much of it to be flawed, inaccurate, or overly general. But I'm all about seeing the staff do a better job of maximizing the team's strengths, and minimizing weaknesses. 

On 8/29/2016 at 6:44 PM, Peterk2011 said:

There are some bad habits to get rid off, yes. But definitely not "staring down receivers". This was an issue early in his first year, forcing the ball too many times to Reggie, but he's grown out of this long time ago. Do yourself a favour, and watch Luck's saturday's and last week's preseason game, and watch Mariota's, Wilson's, Winston's - add any name here not named Brady, Brees and a (very) few veterans - head movement. Watch how Lucks helmet turns from right to left than left to right in 1-2 seconds, and watch all those other's helmet staying turned to one side of the field, most of the time on the first target. Luck's problem wasnt staring his receivers, but forcing to throw to them, whether its his first or his third read.

Note: A QB, who has trouble throwing short, quick passes will never throw 40TD's in a season. Never. To throw more than 20, maybe 25 you have to be very effective in the red-zone, very good in throwing short, quick passes to tight coverages. If the QB is not good at it, the OC will call a run play, or something else. Result: fewer TD passes. So, Luck can do all of these, we have already seen that.

Yes, still stared down WRs in first 2 preseason games.

As for trowing 40 TDs, you will have to break them down.  How many was outside red zone??  How many  under 10 yards??  If, say, 25 TDs in red zone,  divide by number of pass attempted in red zone to get percent that were TDs.

That will be a good indication of how good he is in the red zone.  Until I see different, I will say Luck has trouble throwing short passes.

Added note is that Not all of the short incompletions are on Luck.  Some are on the WRs for not getting open.  Same applies to sacks. 

The bottom line with Luck is that 1) the offensive line has to improve, especially on the interior 2) He has to make quicker decisions 3) he has to have better options earlier in the play 4) there has to be a running game that the other team has to respect. I think we're gonna see some growing pains in the first 4 weeks. JMO but it could be rough.

58 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

Yes, still stared down WRs in first 2 preseason games.

As for trowing 40 TDs, you will have to break them down.  How many was outside red zone??  How many  under 10 yards??  If, say, 25 TDs in red zone,  divide by number of pass attempted in red zone to get percent that were TDs.

That will be a good indication of how good he is in the red zone.  Until I see different, I will say Luck has trouble throwing short passes.

Added note is that Not all of the short incompletions are on Luck.  Some are on the WRs for not getting open.  Same applies to sacks. 

This is like the 3rd separate thread you've been spinning this stuff. I don't know what your motivations are, but it simply isn't accurate. You can't place bad coaching at the feet of Luck. 

Again, Luck does not have issues in the short passing game. Any inadequacies you think you see in him were a combination of injury and bad play-calling last year. They definitely aren't hold-overs from college. The guy had a 70%+ completion percentage at Stanford and ended his career as one of the most efficient passers of all time in college football. I'm sure he missed throws here and there like every quarterback, but you don't put up those numbers if you have accuracy issues or aren't willing to go through progressions.

You say receivers aren't getting open underneath. Well, the play has to have underneath routes for that to happen. We just didn't see that with Pep. We've already seen it much more with Chud and receivers have been consistently open this year. We also saw it with QB's 2-6 last year after Luck went down.

3 hours ago, BCoop said:

Again, Luck does not have issues in the short passing game. Any inadequacies you think you see in him were a combination of injury and bad play-calling last year. They definitely aren't hold-overs from college. The guy had a 70%+ completion percentage at Stanford and ended his career as one of the most efficient passers of all time in college football. I'm sure he missed throws here and there like every quarterback, but you don't put up those numbers if you have accuracy issues or aren't willing to go through progressions.

Completion percentage is not always the best indicator of a qbs accuracy. RG3 had a high completion % at Baylor but I don't consider him an overall accurate passer either, except on the go route. 

Lucks completion percentage at stanford, his senior season at least, was bloated due to how deadly play action was for them because of their elite rushing attack. A lot of times he was able to just chuck the ball up and let a receiver run under it.  

I saw the same issues with Lucks accuracy that gacker has described.  Out routes and comeback routes are often thrown high.  Crossing routes often thrown at or behind the receiver instead of in front to allow the receiver to get yac.  

Though so far through this preseason it does appear as if he's improved.

2 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Completion percentage is not always the best indicator of a qbs accuracy. RG3 had a high completion % at Baylor but I don't consider him an overall accurate passer either, except on the go route. 

Lucks completion percentage at stanford, his senior season at least, was bloated due to how deadly play action was for them because of their elite rushing attack. A lot of times he was able to just chuck the ball up and let a receiver run under it.  

I saw the same issues with Lucks accuracy that gacker has described.  Out routes and comeback routes are often thrown high.  Crossing routes often thrown at or behind the receiver instead of in front to allow the receiver to get yac.  

Completion percentage alone does not tell the whole story. I agree. But there is some serious recency bias going around here. The narrative that Luck has had accuracy issues dating all the way back to college didn't even get brought up here until he was injured last year, so I'm not buying that it's always been the case. Unless someone has some video/scouting reference to back up these claims, I'm going to assume it's simply people trying to make last year a bigger issue than it is. 

The bottom line is that Luck has looked great with his throws this year, and has historically not had issues with accuracy until last year and anyone you ask outside this board would say the same. If you don't believe it, just look at virtually EVERY scouting resource on his game since 2011.

Scouting Profiles:

NFL.com - "Once on the move, he makes his second and third reads with ease. He has a very compact and quick release, and he is able to fire it out to the flats with ease off one-step drops in the short passing game. The most intriguing aspect of Luck's career was the amount of mistakes he made, a number which only continued to decrease throughout his career."

BR.com -  "Almost everything about Luck's game looks like a polished NFL veteran quarterback. He executes his play fakes and drops from under center crisply, and his footwork is flawless. His throwing mechanics are silky smooth, almost effortless, with a quick over-the-top release and good footwork, save for an occasional throw off of his back foot or off balance. This all shows up in Luck's ultra-accurate game, throwing completions over 70 percent of the time in the last two seasons, and not by cheating and throwing mostly close to the line of scrimmage. Luck is accurate on the move, and he is accurate throwing to all parts of the field."

WalterFootball - Strengths: Extremely accurate, Quick release, Smart decision-maker; protects the football, Good field vision, Phenomenal at making progressions through a defense.

I would also encourage you to review PFF data BEFORE last year. Luck consistently rated in the top 5 when it came to  in-routes, slot routes, and on quick step drops (typically short routes). In fact, 2 years ago his best PFF grades were on passes 1-10 yards in depth. His best graded routes were (in order) ins, comebacks, corners, and quick outs. His worst (starting w/ worst) were posts, crossing routes, go routes, and hitches.

None of this supports what you seem to be recalling from 5-7 years ago.

44 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Completion percentage alone does not tell the whole story. I agree. But there is some serious recency bias going around here. The narrative that Luck has had accuracy issues dating all the way back to college didn't even get brought up here until he was injured last year, so I'm not buying that it's always been the case.

I said the same things leading up to the 2012 draft.  The posts should still be in archive...feel free to search

4 hours ago, Jason_S said:

I said the same things leading up to the 2012 draft.  The posts should still be in archive...feel free to search

Based on your recent posts on this topic, I'm sure you did. But, I'm not going to spend time looking up 4 year old posts when every other resource disagrees with your position. If you have any sort of citation (aside from your own opinion) that dispels my previous post, I'd be glad to review.

Outside of opinions made based on a handful of games from 2015, there is nothing supporting your claims on Luck's accuracy issues. Until there is, I'll move on to other topics because it's clear you're going to stay committed to your opinions regardless of evidence.

4 hours ago, BCoop said:

Based on your recent posts on this topic, I'm sure you did. But, I'm not going to spend time looking up 4 year old posts when every other resource disagrees with your position. If you have any sort of citation (aside from your own opinion) that dispels my previous post, I'd be glad to review.

Outside of opinions made based on a handful of games from 2015, there is nothing supporting your claims on Luck's accuracy issues. Until there is, I'll move on to other topics because it's clear you're going to stay committed to your opinions regardless of evidence.

49d848fec6e63f7706a489ecc80041f8d95a1956

Though disclaimer, Michael never meant that when he said it. I do. I formulated my opinion with what I've seen with my own eyes. Its not the first time I've disagreed with popular opinion and certainly won't be the last. And I wouldn't expect you to just accept the opinion of a complete stranger on the internet. :)

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 1:36 PM, Jason_S said:

I think a lot of that had to do with his footwork which sounds like Luck has spent a lot of time this off-season working on.  Hopefully the pre-season improvement we have seen will continue into the regular season. 

23 hours ago, BCoop said:

Btw, one more point...I've never tried to insinuate that the issues I've referred to are catastrophic. In those types of throws, he still at least gets a good percentage of them in a catchable location. But if he could work on that and improve his accuracy on those throws then he'd be able to do a better job of setting receivers up to get yac.