Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which rookie are you most excited to see play?

RockThatBlue

Kelly. He's going to make a huge difference on the OL or cost Grig's his job. A C at 18 better ball especially if we have trouble at CB.

Green is a close second. There are a lot of UDFA's on both sides of the ball I'm really interested in too. I can't wait to get it going.

I could see 3 UDFA making the roster on O. The D could have a couple more. We have a solid group of UDFA. Many were expected to be drafted. 

9 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Ridgeway and Green. I think Kelly will play great but the above two are intriguing 

Add Maggit to that list too

I'd have to go with Ridgeway and Green also as the most intriguing players to watch this year and next. Ryan Kelly should be a good pro since he is highly rated coming out of college and has experience already in a pro system at Alabama.

I also think Le'Raven Clark has the talent if he is coached up to be a very good OT in this league in a few years. Same goes for Haeg.

Kelly.....    by far, and not just because he's a #1 pick.

If Kelly can bring some stability to the middle of our OL,  and help both our pass blocking as well as our run blocking,   then our offense will really take off.      He may not be the final piece,  but for this season,  he's an important piece.      

The things your offense can do when the middle is above average are dramatically different.

The next guy would be Ridgeway.......     I think there's something there....    now, how much of that can he show in his rookie season.

5 hours ago, CoachLite said:

TJ Green. I want to see if he realizes some of that potential.

The high potential players haven't really

worked out for the Colts in the past.... Would be nice if that changed a little!

6 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

The high potential players haven't really

worked out for the Colts in the past.... Would be nice if that changed a little!

So far it's worked with Donte Moncrief, knock on wood. Moncrief was thought of as a highly talented WR that just didn't put it all together in college. He seems to be improving every year, and has the talent and potential to be an elite WR.

Hopefully with the tutelage of Pagano Green can realize his potential and be a stalwart next to Geathers for the future at safety for the Colts.  

I would say Kelly. Our offensive line needed a huge upgrade. Maybe Kelly will help with some of the issues. The play of the offensive line will be very important to the Colts success this year!

Swoope will be another interesting player to watch!

I think another dark horse rookie could be Josh Ferguson at RB. Other than Frank Gore, the Colts have some unproven guys at the position, and Ferguson has an ability that the other RBs don't have. He is a great change of pace, pass catching, 3rd down RB in the Dion Lewis role that the Patriots had last year until he got injured. With a great deal of Luck, Ferguson can be a poor man's Darren Sproles for Indy.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Kelly.....    by far, and not just because he's a #1 pick.

If Kelly can bring some stability to the middle of our OL,  and help both our pass blocking as well as our run blocking,   then our offense will really take off.      He may not be the final piece,  but for this season,  he's an important piece.      

The things your offense can do when the middle is above average are dramatically different.

The next guy would be Ridgeway.......     I think there's something there....    now, how much of that can he show in his rookie season.

To paraphrase from Silicon Valley, I think Grigson finally cracked middle out!

22 hours ago, CoachLite said:

TJ Green. I want to see if he realizes some of that potential.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want to see if Green pans out, so I will be anxious to see him play.

Both of you may be dissapointed then. He will likely be in a lesser role then geathers last year. A sit back and learn year with little playing time unless there's an injury. It will probably be best for him so he can learn from Adams and get a better feel for the position but I beleive he will turn out very good

The guy i'm most excited to see this year (besides Kelly) is Antonio Morrison. I thought the pick was meh at first but after reading more about him I am looking forward to watching him play. He has a nasty edge to him that I think the defense needs. I don't expect him to become Ray Lewis but I think he will be fun to watch and can make an impact, even if it's on Special Teams, in his rookie year.

I'm not quite sure what our plans for Joe Haeg and LeRaven Clark are.... I am excited about both of them, and think along with Kelly (and maybe Denzelle Good) that the C and right side of our OL might be halfway decent for the foreseeable future.

I am excited about Green, but don't really expect him to be on the field for significant amounts of defensive packages until next season.

I am intrigued about a lot of the UDFAs... especially the TE from Arkansas State, Darion Griswold.  Others I'm excited about are: Stefan McClure (S, California), Curt Maggitt (LB, Tennesee), Josh Ferguson (RB, Illinois), Ron Thompson (DE/OLB, Syracuse), and Tevaun Smith (WR, Iowa).

Since the question was to pick one -- I'm going to say LeRaven Clark.

I know this thread was intended for rookies, but I want to include FA's to list, if I may.

We know what we expect from Frank Gore, but behind him are relatively unknown RBs for the Colts -- Turbin, Todman, Varga, and Ferguson. I want to know if we have any potential replacements for Gore, and if we have a keeper in the rookie Ferguson. The run game is potentially half of the offense, and we appear to be below average in the RB department currently. I hope that they can show something.

IMO the O-line picks will yield a dramatic improvement at some point in offensive production, both running and passing. Given that, I really want to see the progress made by Antonio Morrison. If he is healed up his speed will improve dramatically and if Coach Pagano's apparent excitement about him is merited his progress should be fun to watch. I was close to selecting Ridgeway but I think his endurance is a bit suspect. Even so he is reported to be very powerful at the point of attack on the run and has some pass rushing skills. All in all, the entire rookie class has some nice potential. Emphasis on potential.

On May 25, 2016 at 5:22 PM, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I'm not quite sure what our plans for Joe Haeg and LeRaven Clark are.... I am excited about both of them, and think along with Kelly (and maybe Denzelle Good) that the C and right side of our OL might be halfway decent for the foreseeable future.

I am excited about Green, but don't really expect him to be on the field for significant amounts of defensive packages until next season.

I am intrigued about a lot of the UDFAs... especially the TE from Arkansas State, Darion Griswold.  Others I'm excited about are: Stefan McClure (S, California), Curt Maggitt (LB, Tennesee), Josh Ferguson (RB, Illinois), Ron Thompson (DE/OLB, Syracuse), and Tevaun Smith (WR, Iowa).

Since the question was to pick one -- I'm going to say LeRaven Clark.

I wouldn't expect to see Clark much.

I'm going to cheat a little bit and put 2 because drafted guys we have expectations for and undrafted is all wishful thinking (okay it's kind of all wishful thinking, but you get my point). 

Drafted

TJ Green- I have to pick him because he's so polarizing. Some things seem to indicate we may have fallen too in love with the physical aspects of Green, but might have ignored the tape. The other argument is that he had very limited experience at DB in college and some time getting coached up in the NFL will help him blossom. He has a very rare size/speed combo and if he can be coached up enough his ceiling is an elite Free Safety or Cornerback in a few years. 

Undrafted

Curt Maggit- Just the thought of hitting it big this year and finding a future starter in the pass rush as a UDFA has me watering at the mouth.

The obvious answer is Kelly, but I won't say that because I'm EXPECTING him to play great. (sadly)

The one I am most intrigued to see play and hope he pans out is Ridgeway.  Parry played well the entire season, but did his best in the first 1/2 of the season, wether that was an Anderson byproduct or not is up for debate.  But either way, if Ridgeway shows he can be as disruptive as his college tape, then splitting reps at NT with Parry will have HUGE benefits on the D-line.  A fresh NT = a solid foundation.  A fresh NT with disruption, and Lanford, Anderson, and/or Jones on either side (if the latter 2 stays healthy) = exciting and fun to watch.