Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SilentHill

2016 Fantasy Football Leagues

Recommended Posts

It's starting to become that time of the year again!

 

I've "renewed" the Elite league for this season on NFL.com barring any objections.

 

Last year's standings are:

 

1. IndyD4U

2. AxeIF

3. SilentHill

4. Out of Bounds

5. God Hates Jags

6. The Forever Unclean's

7. Btown_Colt

8. The Mythical White Cornerback

9. Broosters

10. Bodacious Mantises

11. Fresh4Life

12. Blackhawk.

 

If we could get the standing's from Joe's league as well that would be great.

 

Here is the plan for this coming season, Blackhawk and Btown_Colt in the elite league were mid-season fill in's for people who dropped out so they will be the ones dropping down to the Joes league (csmopar & Btown_Colt here on the forums) Btown is already in Joe's so at least one new member would be needed as a pickup. The first thing I need to do is confirm all of the people listed above (aside from cs and btown) will be back playing for next season, so if you could send me a PM or reply here with your team name so I know who you are we can get this rolling. If someone decided to not come back, then more people could move up from Joe's.

 

I've tentatively set the draft for Saturday Sept 3rd at 1:00 eastern time. I know it's far out, but any objections or concerns now would be great.

 

Thanks and looking forward to another fun season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IndyD4U is looking to repeat! Of course I am in :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any thoughts into this being a keeper league like in the past? I think we retained 2 or 3 players from year to year before going to NFL.com. Also will we be random drafting or drafting according to last seasons results if it turns out to be a keeper league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I would suggest is cutting the roster size down two bench positions. Reason being is with the amount of owners free agents are picked up by those who have the time to non stop watch and work free agency for any little scrap. There are some owners who don't have the time to sit and watch because they have other things to do. Too many good players are stashed on a bench and are not being used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is The Replacement Refs and I am going to resign. 

 

I loved playing with all of you, but I don't care for NFL.com or Yahoo leagues.

 

Best of luck to you all. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2016 at 2:45 PM, IndyD4U said:

IndyD4U is looking to repeat! Of course I am in :)

 

I, AxelF am back, I will take you down this time :)

 

Garbage TD from Bortles vs the Saints saved your behind, I still remember that. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are things we need to decide:

 

1. Keeper leagues should be decided prior to the trade deadline which normally is around late November in most fantasy football leagues. Since we did not make any indication that it would be a keeper league last year, I would like a fresh draft as always. To me, with enough turnover of GMs typically with GMs leaving or arriving from Joe's league etc., a fresh draft works better anyways. Everyone is responsible for their own mistakes, not someone else's, that is how I look at it.

 

2. I like the size of the roster and bench. I thought one of the bench spots was going to be an IR spot, not sure how that works. If we do a keeper league not this year but next year, and a player like LeVeon Bell goes on IR, that would be handy.

 

3. I was wondering what everyone thought of extending the 1 point per 50 yards of returns for a D/ST to both the team and individual players as well. 

 

4. Can both FLEX positions be WR/RB/TE? Thus, the options for FLEX go up for all GMs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again all,

 

1. There will be no keepers from the previous season and the draft order will be randomized. We can discuss keepers going forward, but this is something that needs to be determined pre-draft, so who's for it?

 

2. Currently there are 6 bench positions and 1 IR position. I think bench positions are extremely important for bye weeks, and handcuffs in case your star player goes down. I'd entertain lowering the bench numbers if a majority are in favor. I think down two is a bit much myself, I'd be much more comfortable with one.

 

3. I have no problem extending the return yardage points to players, again majority rules.

 

4. I don't like the idea of having another flex RB position, There are not that many quality RB's in the league and I think doing that will have all of the RB's coming off the board very early in the draft, with the ability to start 4 RB's on gameday. Current Flex are WR/RB and WR/TE. The WR/TE was an experiment last year and I think it worked out well.

 

Just a reminder, we also have QB's at 6pts per passing TD, just throwing that out there.

 

I've asked @Colt92 to chime in, he was the commissioner of the Joe's league last season and he could provide some insight on Joe's hopefully.

 

Here is who I have as returning (Bold), haven;t heard from the others as of yet, if you know them ask them to check in!

 

1. IndyD4U

2. AxeIF

3. SilentHill

4. Out of Bounds

5. God Hates Jags

6. The Forever Unclean's

7. ?

8. The Mythical White Cornerback

9. Broosters

10. Bodacious Mantises

11. Fresh4Life

12. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 9:35 AM, SilentHill said:

Hello again all,. 

 

1. There will be no keepers from the previous season and the draft order will be randomized. We can discuss keepers going forward, but this is something that needs to be determined pre-draft, so who's for it?

 

2. Currently there are 6 bench positions and 1 IR position. I think bench positions are extremely important for bye weeks, and handcuffs in case your star player goes down. I'd entertain lowering the bench numbers if a majority are in favor. I think down two is a bit much myself, I'd be much more comfortable with one.

 

3. I have no problem extending the return yardage points to players, again majority rules.

 

4. I don't like the idea of having another flex RB position, There are not that many quality RB's in the league and I think doing that will have all of the RB's coming off the board very early in the draft, with the ability to start 4 RB's on gameday. Current Flex are WR/RB and WR/TE. The WR/TE was an experiment last year and I think it worked out well.

 

Just a reminder, we also have QB's at 6pts per passing TD, just throwing that out there.

 

I've asked @Colt92 to chime in, he was the commissioner of the Joe's league last season and he could provide some insight on Joe's hopefully.

 

Here is who I have as returning (Bold), haven;t heard from the others as of yet, if you know them ask them to check in!

 

1. IndyD4U

2. AxeIF

3. SilentHill

4. Out of Bounds

5. God Hates Jags

6. The Forever Unclean's

7. ?

8. The Mythical White Cornerback

9. Broosters

10. Bodacious Mantises

11. Fresh4Life

12. ?

1. I prefer no keepers. I like a clean slate after each season to implement my draft strategy. 

2. No change. 

3. I don't Care

4. No change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One last thing.

 

It turned out that Out Of Bounds was #1, IndyD4U was #2, me AxelF was #5 and SilentHill was #6, those were the 4 semi-final GMs.

 

After both the #5 and #6 won their wild card matchups, it should have been #1 vs #6 but nfl.com had it as #2 vs #6. So IndyD4U as #2 beat SilentHill #6 and AxelF #5 beat Out of Bounds #1, and then IndyD4U beat AxelF in the finals.

 

If it was #1 vs #6, SilentHill would be champion today but SilentHill lost to the #2 seed in the semi-finals with a score that would have beaten everyone but the #2 seed in the semi-finals, but the next week, scored more than everyone else.

 

I vote for the lowest remaining seed to play the #1 seed like the true NFL playoffs and that the commish have the power to overrule things should nfl.com muck it up again (unless there is a setting that can control it before hand).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

One last thing.

 

It turned out that Out Of Bounds was #1, IndyD4U was #2, me AxelF was #5 and SilentHill was #6, those were the 4 semi-final GMs.

 

After both the #5 and #6 won their wild card matchups, it should have been #1 vs #6 but nfl.com had it as #2 vs #6. So IndyD4U as #2 beat SilentHill #6 and AxelF #5 beat Out of Bounds #1, and then IndyD4U beat AxelF in the finals.

 

If it was #1 vs #6, SilentHill would be champion today but SilentHill lost to the #2 seed in the semi-finals with a score that would have beaten everyone but the #2 seed in the semi-finals, but the next week, scored more than everyone else.

 

I vote for the lowest remaining seed to play the #1 seed like the true NFL playoffs and that the commish have the power to overrule things should nfl.com muck it up again (unless there is a setting that can control it before hand).

Very observant chad72. That is a very good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, IndyD4U said:

1. I prefer no keepers. I like a clean slate after each season to implement my draft strategy. 

2. No change. 

3. I don't Care

4. No change 

I am just curious as to why you cant keep 2 or 3 players as a keeper and use your draft strategy with those players on your roster? We used a keeper league prior to last season and it worked just fine. The only reason we didn't stay a keeper league is we switched to NFL.com. Part off the reason I joined the league in the first place was because it was a keeper league. With 12 owners having a keeper league it makes better competition IMO.  It also makes for better ability to do trades that benefit both parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am just curious as to why you cant keep 2 or 3 players as a keeper and use your draft strategy with those players on your roster? We used a keeper league prior to last season and it worked just fine. The only reason we didn't stay a keeper league is we switched to NFL.com. Part off the reason I joined the league in the first place was because it was a keeper league. With 12 owners having a keeper league it makes better competition IMO.  It also makes for better ability to do trades that benefit both parties.

Just my preference and my vote. I've played in both formats and will play in both, just prefer the traditional over keepers/dynasty leagues. Last year was my first year in the Elite League, so my vote is of least importance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Just my preference and my vote. I've played in both formats and will play in both, just prefer the traditional over keepers/dynasty leagues. Last year was my first year in the Elite League, so my vote is of least importance.

Your vote counts just as much as anyone's. I don't get when you say it is least important. When we switched to NFL.com last season we were suppose to restart the keeper league this season. Why that has changed I have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your vote counts just as much as anyone's. I don't get when you say it is least important. When we switched to NFL.com last season we were suppose to restart the keeper league this season. Why that has changed I have no clue.

That was just an attempt at humor. If you guys have always done it as a keeper league then I would be curious as to why it changed as well?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndyD4U said:

That was just an attempt at humor. If you guys have always done it as a keeper league then I would be curious as to why it changed as well?

 

Because we switched from Yahoo to NFL and time and effort would have been too much to transfer all the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2016 at 9:57 AM, IndyD4U said:

1. I prefer no keepers. I like a clean slate after each season to implement my draft strategy. 

2. No change. 

3. I don't Care

4. No change 

 

1. I am fine with keepers for next year (2017 season) since it will be decided in year 2 of the nfl.com league ahead of time, just not this year.

 

2. Roster positions seem fine to me

 

3. I am in favor

 

4. Status quo is fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we plan on having keepers next year that means players on this years roster would be kept? That means we will all be drafting with keepers in mind this draft. I am sure that could effect how some draft this season. My question is how many players will be kept? 1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WR?  or 2 of your choice?  Also I am in favor of 1 IR spot with cutting 1 bench spot. That would put 12 players back into the system. With 12 owners it's more than pretty thin with as many bench spots as it stands.    Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If we plan on having keepers next year that means players on this years roster would be kept? That means we will all be drafting with keepers in mind this draft. I am sure that could effect how some draft this season. My question is how many players will be kept? 1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WR?  or 2 of your choice?  Also I am in favor of 1 IR spot with cutting 1 bench spot. That would put 12 players back into the system. With 12 owners it's more than pretty thin with as many bench spots as it stands.    Any thoughts?

 

I am fine with 2 keepers, regardless of position. That would provide choice and force all GMs to plan and prioritize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm The Forever Unclean's and I'm ready to regain my crown from your hands.

 

I'm fine with the current rules and number of bench positions.

 

I have always loved keepers league. I have a suggestion: we can have a keeper this year. Next year we keep two instead of one, and go on keeping 2 for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to get on this thread more often! lol

 

1. IndyD4U

2. AxeIF

3. SilentHill

4. Out of Bounds

5. God Hates Jags

6. The Forever Unclean's

7. ?

8. ?

9. Broosters

10. Bodacious Mantises

11. Fresh4Life

12. ?

 

I still haven't heard from the 2 un-bolded names, although I just PM'd them today. I also I haven't heard from anyone in Joe's league as to how their standings were finalized. If someone could share that it would be great.

 

As far as keepers, we decided last off season there would be no keepers for that season, therefore there will be no keepers going into this season. I feel like it's hard to work with keepers when 2 players change out every season, however if the majority approves we can make this season the start of a keeper league, Allowing 3 keepers would be a bit much, but 1 or 2 would be interesting. Thoughts?

 

The playoff format is screwy and I cannot change the league settings for it, bummer, basically it says the #2 seed plays the winner of the #3/#6 game and the #1 seed plays the winner of the #4/#5 game. I can manually edit this to be the #6 vs #1 if the #6 seed beats the #3 seed, I'm for this and I think everyone else would be too, anyone opposed?

 

Things to be discussed (so I can keep track):

 

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+?

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50?

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4?

4. Flex stay at WR/RB and WR/TE or change?

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I need to get on this thread more often! lol

 

1. IndyD4U

2. AxeIF

3. SilentHill

4. Out of Bounds

5. God Hates Jags

6. The Forever Unclean's

7. ?

8. ?

9. Broosters

10. Bodacious Mantises

11. Fresh4Life

12. ?

 

I still haven't heard from the 2 un-bolded names, although I just PM'd them today. I also I haven't heard from anyone in Joe's league as to how their standings were finalized. If someone could share that it would be great.

 

As far as keepers, we decided last off season there would be no keepers for that season, therefore there will be no keepers going into this season. I feel like it's hard to work with keepers when 2 players change out every season, however if the majority approves we can make this season the start of a keeper league, Allowing 3 keepers would be a bit much, but 1 or 2 would be interesting. Thoughts?

 

The playoff format is screwy and I cannot change the league settings for it, bummer, basically it says the #2 seed plays the winner of the #3/#6 game and the #1 seed plays the winner of the #4/#5 game. I can manually edit this to be the #6 vs #1 if the #6 seed beats the #3 seed, I'm for this and I think everyone else would be too, anyone opposed?

 

Things to be discussed (so I can keep track):

 

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+?

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50?

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4?

4. Flex stay at WR/RB and WR/TE or change?

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable.

 

 1-I think 2 would be a good amount of keepers. 2-Makes no difference to me as we all get the same. 3-cut 1 bench spot to put 12 more players into the system. 4- stay the same. 5-#1 vs #6 if able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2016 at 7:55 PM, SilentHill said:

 

Things to be discussed (so I can keep track):

 

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+?

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50?

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4?

4. Flex stay at WR/RB and WR/TE or change?

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable.

 

 

1. 2 would be good

 

2. Yes to those

 

3. Bench at 5 with 1 IR position would make more players available to all GMs

 

4. Keep the same

 

5. Yes to #1 vs #6

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to give the following people until July 1st to come forward or they will be replaced. I have sent them both PM's on the forums, with no luck.

 

10. Bodacious Mantises

11. Fresh4Life

 

I'd really like if someone who played in Joe's league last year can at least post the standings, I don't know what happened to @Colt92 but he hasn't been on in months.

 

If he doesn't show up, maybe we just scrap the idea of two leagues and try to make one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I'm going to give the following people until July 1st to come forward or they will be replaced. I have sent them both PM's on the forums, with no luck.

 

10. Bodacious Mantises

11. Fresh4Life

 

I'd really like if someone who played in Joe's league last year can at least post the standings, I don't know what happened to @Colt92 but he hasn't been on in months.

 

If he doesn't show up, maybe we just scrap the idea of two leagues and try to make one?

Chances are if you don't hear from them I would think they are not interested. Do what you have to do. Thanks for the effort either way it turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up was in Joes year before last was late getting into thread and missed last year would love to play with fellow colts fans again this season .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2016 at 10:39 PM, Btown_Colt said:

I can't find the results from last year's Joe's league.

 

I would like to be in it again this year.

 

Thanks 

 

It was NFL.com right?

 

If you login to nfl.com/fantasy and login, it should show you the league from last season, then you click League --> History --> 2015 season.

 

Let me know if you can find it, would be nice to have the standings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

 

It was NFL.com right?

 

If you login to nfl.com/fantasy and login, it should show you the league from last season, then you click League --> History --> 2015 season.

 

Let me know if you can find it, would be nice to have the standings.

 

I can find the league history for this league, but I can not access the Joes league at all. In the top right corner, it says CFF league and when I hit the drop down arrow, there is no other choices.

 

Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

 

I can find the league history for this league, but I can not access the Joes league at all. In the top right corner, it says CFF league and when I hit the drop down arrow, there is no other choices.

 

Am I missing something?

 

Also, when I got to my 2015 leagues, under colts joe league it says: email your LM to activate your custom league. That is as far as I can get with it. No history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone!

 

I tried to view the standings from last season but I no longer can see it from the history tab.

 

I'll try to put the standings together from the final week of matches...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Colt92 said:

Hey everyone!

 

I tried to view the standings from last season but I no longer can see it from the history tab.

 

I'll try to put the standings together from the final week of matches...

I still can't view the full breakdown of the entire league SilentHill. I will try to contact each member and try to get confirmation of participating in the league this year by July 3rd.

Joe's_League_top-tier_standings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the results from Joe's League last year:

 

1. Luck Dynasty

2. The Legion of Blue

3. Luck at my TD's

4. VU Cruise

5. Bluefire Squad

6. Hillbillyzfromhell

7. Eat Drink and Demarcus

8. Phillip my balls to 13 PSI

9. Nailed Right in the Adongo

10. Btown_Colt

11. The Steel City Dee Dars

12. Luck of the Irish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of right now here is the user-breakdown for Joe's League.

 

1. Luck Dynasty - Dan - RETURNING

2. The Legion of Blue - Colt92 - RETURNING

3. Luck at my TD's - Curtis - NOT RETURNING

4. VU Cru - Valpo2004 - ???

5. Bluefire Squad - Bluefire4 - RETURNING

6. Hillbillyzfromhell - John Dee - ???

7. Eat Drink and Demaryius - Spoonfish? - ???

8. Phillip my balls to 13 PSI - Narcosys - RETURNING

9. Nailed Right in the Adongo - Barrett - ???

10. Btown_Colt - Btown_Colt - RETURNING

11. The Steel City Dee Dars - SteelCityColt - ???

12. Luck of the Irish - MTC - RETURNING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Colt92 said:

As of right now here is the user-breakdown for Joe's League.

 

1. Luck Dynasty - Dan - RETURNING

2. The Legion of Blue - Colt92 - RETURNING

3. Luck at my TD's - Curtis - NOT RETURNING

4. VU Cru - Valpo2004 - ???

5. Bluefire Squad - Bluefire4 - RETURNING

6. Hillbillyzfromhell - John Dee - ???

7. Eat Drink and Demaryius - Spoonfish? - ???

8. Phillip my balls to 13 PSI - Narcosys - RETURNING

9. Nailed Right in the Adongo - Barrett - ???

10. Btown_Colt - Btown_Colt - RETURNING

11. The Steel City Dee Dars - SteelCityColt - ???

12. Luck of the Irish - MTC - RETURNING

 

PM'ed you to this effect but I am returning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I get what you're driving at BLS. I just remember the nightmare known as Curtis Painter in 2011. Translation: Quality backups aren't that easy to find & there's no such thing as an elite 2nd stringer field general. They don't really exist meaning all backup QBs have flaws.    In layman's terms, when the face of your franchise goes down; you're basically screwed that calendar yr anyway because veterans off the street are injury prone with age & recovery issues & anybody worthy of your attention is locked down financially on other team rosters for the short term future. 
    • You can say that again WM. It's like some people think Jacoby will be great just because he was in the same room Brady was studying film a few times.    Look, I respect the hades out of Brady & his SB consistency. I also was amazed at how quickly Jacoby used wrist band numbers to execute our offense in short order. It just bothers me when players & coordinators under BB's coaching tree get all these job interview opportunities  & then when they leave Foxboro their clout fades too.    If anybody breaks this trend of leaving the Boston net & succeeding, Josh McDaniels will be the one to shatter this stigma IMO. [Yes, I think Josh will flourish in his 2nd HC gig too once that preferred vacancy becomes available. This happens a lot with your 2nd shot at the helm running a NFL program.]
    •   The owner of the company says 30 of 32 NFL teams use his service.       I'm sorry he didn't bring out the paper work to show it to you.     But typically,  unless there is reason to believe he's lying,  the man,  in this case,  Cris Collinsworth, gets the benefit of the doubt.   As opposed to you,   who doesn't like the service,  and just denies,  denies,  and denies.....   Oh,  and as for Chip Kelly......     Rich Dudes have lots of ways of making money.    They typically don't chose to make it by buying part of a company that, in the past,  they have openly said negative things about.      Goes to credibility.      They can invest their money elsewhere.   Kelly bought in because he likes what he sees.  
    •   None of those people talk in the 3rd person seriously.   If any of those three talk in the third perosn,   they are mocking themselves and others who do.   And having worked with on-air people who have huge talents,  I think I can say confidently that none of these three guys has an ego the way the current occupent of the White House does.     Not even close.     That man is in a league of his own.   Apologies for the political talk.    
    •     So far,  I confess I don't think of RG3 when I watch Brissett.      I think he's much more of a pocket passer than RG3 ever was.    I saw RG3 as an athlete who could play QB.      I see Brissett as a QB who has some athleticism.   Brissett is taller,  bigger,  heavier.     Not nearly the athlete but much more a physical presense.   6'4" 235 vs. 6'2" and 220.     I think Brissett is going through the normal young QB growth that most every young QB goes through.     I'd expect over time he makes fewer and fewer mistakes.       As for what we'd get for Brissett in a trade....    I don't know if you spend any time in the chat room during a game,  but this past Monday,  I spent some time there,  and when Brissett was good (1st half)  the Colts fans there had us gettng at least a 1st round draft pick for him,  and possibly even more!     I think a Day 2 pick is not far off,   he was taken in the 3rd round and demonstrated a good level of competence in a short amount of time.      I suppose it's possible he'd get only a 4,    but I don't see Brissett getting traded for a 5.     I think Ballard would much rather keep him than trade him for that.      
  • Members