Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Add 2 players to the Colts- 1 on offense and 1 on defense

RockThatBlue

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antonio Brown--speed kills and giving Luck a receiving corps of Brown, Hilton and Moncrief would make the Colts passing game truly prolithic. 

J.J. Watt is an absolute defensive freak of nature. The man just impacts games and wrecks havoc all over the field.  

On defense I would go with Jamie Collins, I love his versatility and his coverage ability against TEs. There are better players like Watt, but given our needs I would go with Collins who I think is the most versatile LB in football.

On offense I would go with Julio Jones. 

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

On defense I would go with Jamie Collins, I love his versatility and his coverage ability against TEs. There are better players like Watt, but given our needs I would go with Collins who I think is the most versatile LB in football.

On offense I would go with Julio Jones. 

Rushing the passer is the biggest need on defense.....and watt is pretty good at it.

Just now, BOTT said:

Rushing the passer is the biggest need on defense.....and watt is pretty good at it.

Absolutely, but Collins is pretty good too and could cover the TE, which is another big weakness. I wouldn't be upset with JJ, that's for sure lol

Man honestly I'm just trying to throw a name out there that hasn't been mentioned. 

O-I'd take Gronk not sure anyone has figured out what to do with him or if there is anything to do with him. He has no peer. He's like having a position that no one else has. 

D- I thought about Miller or Houston coming off the edge. Why not just take the guy who impacts the game the most JJ Watt is a no brainer. 

46 minutes ago, BOTT said:

You people and running backs.....

The more I think about it I like your Tyron Smith selection because protecting Andrew is huge, I may go with him instead of Peterson but definitely Von Miller on Defense. He is the fastest and best Pass Rusher in the league. I love JJ though so solid choices all-around.

The answer is clearly JJ Watt for defense.... best defensive player in the league, bar none. Great off the edge or up the gut, can flush out the QB for the outside guys or can keep him in the pocket for the inside guys.... and thats if he doesnt get the QB himself... He improves the entire defense.

On offense it's a little more up for debate.... You could add a WR for added depth to the corp and someone like Julio Jones or Dez Bryant will always make your WR Corp better. 

You could go Adrian Peterson, but I think he impacts less than someone like Gronk because I still believe Gore is a great RB.

I would probably take Gronk considering how thin we are at TE and he is just a monster. Like AkColt said, he is just un-playable.... It's unfair to have Gronk on your team really...

16 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

The answer is clearly JJ Watt for defense.... best defensive player in the league, bar none. Great off the edge or up the gut, can flush out the QB for the outside guys or can keep him in the pocket for the inside guys.... and thats if he doesnt get the QB himself... He improves the entire defense.

On offense it's a little more up for debate.... You could add a WR for added depth to the corp and someone like Julio Jones or Dez Bryant will always make your WR Corp better. 

You could go Adrian Peterson, but I think he impacts less than someone like Gronk because I still believe Gore is a great RB.

I would probably take Gronk considering how thin we are at TE and he is just a monster. Like AkColt said, he is just un-playable.... It's unfair to have Gronk on your team really...

You cant go wrong with JJ but after what I seen in the Playoffs Von Miller is one of the best Pass Rushers of all-time IMO. He put so much pressure on Tom and Cam that it was just huge game changers. He made both QB's look Average and it was mainly him, he even picked Tom off once.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You cant go wrong with JJ but after what I seen in the Playoffs Von Miller is one of the best Pass Rushers of all-time IMO. He put so much pressure on Tom and Cam that it was just huge game changers. He made both QB's look Average and it was mainly him, he even picked Tom off once.

Dont get me wrong, I love me some Von Miller.... but JJ Watt is undeniable... He is the Gronkowski of the defensive side of the ball...

Just now, Chucklez said:

Dont get me wrong, I love me some Von Miller.... but JJ Watt is undeniable... He is the Gronkowski of the defensive side of the ball...

Yeah both are the 2 best IMO, your Gronk selection is probably the right one for Offense. He is clearly the best at his position and it's not close.

JJ Watt can play on the inside, on the outside, he can bat down passes, force fumbles, and score touchdowns on D. He is the most dominant and versatile defender in 2016's NFL. No brainer.

On offense, Gronkowski. He has soft hands and can go up and make just about any catch. He is something nasty after the catch, too. He is the best blocking tight end in the league. When he is on the field the Pats have an extra lineman and wide reciever rolled into one.

These picks are pretty much no brainers for me.

Guys who arent necessarily top guys but who are my favourite non-Colts would be Odell Beckham and Dontari Poe.

No brainer is Watt most disruptive def player lined up with Mathis? Sacks will go up instantly 

on offense I'll take Antonio brown the top wr the past 2 -3 years in a row  no need to argue it him with his old friend in Hilton plus Moncrief and Dorsett speed for days those hands he has gee

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lmao. If you want to talk about ". . . best Pass Rushers of all-time", JJ Watt gets 20 sacks a year from the interior. I love Miller, but he's not Watt.