Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caption this

CR91

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best Draft pick we have made since taking TY in 2012, taking Andrew and then TY in 2012 made it a Great Draft and now hopefully we Drafted a soon to be All-Pro Center!

How about we see him on the field first before we deem him the next great anything

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

How about we see him on the field first before we deem him the next great anything

Go look at tape. Barring injury and the normal rookie mistakes IMO he will be a great center. You do not go through three years being a starter and not give up a sack and what, one penalty and not be a great player. Penalties come from not being able to do your job and do it well. He faced the best college players throughout his career. I would venture to say he will make a few pro bowls in his pro career too. If you would like to give me a list of college centers who come close to never giving up a sack I would be happy to back off my comment.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Go look at tape. Barring injury and the normal rookie mistakes IMO he will be a great center. You do not go through three years being a starter and not give up a sack and what, one penalty and not be a great player. Penalties come from not being able to do your job and do it well. He faced the best college players throughout his career. I would venture to say he will make a few pro bowls in his pro career too. If you would like to give me a list of college centers who come close to never giving up a sack I would be happy to back off my comment.

whole different league buddy. I like seeing the optimism though

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

whole different league buddy. I like seeing the optimism though

Buddy? Sorry, I am not your buddy. If my memory is correct all pro players start in college except a very few. If you don't think Kelly stands out I think I would question your ability to assess talent.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Buddy? Sorry, I am not your buddy. If my memory is correct all pro players start in college except a very few. If you don't think Kelly stands out I think I would question your ability to assess talent.

um ok whatever. as for kelly, I dont question his talent. I hope he succeeds

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I did use the word "Hopefully" regarding he becoming an All-Pro Center. Having said that, I love the pick! Could he be just Average, sure but it's highly doubtful based on what I have seen from him playing at Alabama.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I did use the word "Hopefully" regarding he becoming an All-Pro Center. Having said that, I love the pick! Could he be just Average, sure but it's highly doubtful based on what I have seen from him playing at Alabama.

Even if Kelly did end up average he still would be way better than what we've had at center.