Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who starts at ILB?

COLTS449

What is everyone's opinion on this. Its a big question going into the season. We know baring injury that DQ has one spot locked down. So that leaves a starting position open for Nate Irving, Sio Moore, Antonio Morrison, Junior Sylvester, Josh McNary, and Amarlo Herrera . Unless we bring in another guy after June 1st cuts or make a trade its looking like it will be one of those guys. I think, and this is just my opinion that you can go ahead and scratch out Herrea, McNary, and Sylvester. I'm not a fan of the Morrison pick, but that doesn't keep me from rooting for him. So its in our best interest for him to come in and ball out and be our guy. That's my hope. But I also think Sio Moore could be a very good player given the chance to start 16 games. He's athletic, hard hitting, and can be the sideline-sideline ILB we've been needing IMO. Irving is a big run stuffing thumper who's not reliable in coverage. So what does everyone think???

I want Irving and Sio starting.

Since that's very unrealistic I'd say it's DQ and Moore with a splash of Morrison (given the way they are raving about him).  Which BTW I don't see it but whatever :-)

44 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Did I miss something about D'Qwell's 4 game suspension? I don't see how he starts the first 4 games. I think Moore and Irving start if Moore is healthy. If not then it's Moore and Morrison.

Your post is confusing. To my knowledge , there has been no suspension. Could be coming but what are you referring to ?

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yes , I know that and agree he'll probably get something for that "effort." If I had to guess , I would say 2 games. 

It really depends on how the team feels about it. But the point is I don't think he's the week 1 starter because he'll be suspended for at least some time. And who's to say he even gets his job back if someone else balls out.

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It really depends on how the team feels about it. But the point is I don't think he's the week 1 starter because he'll be suspended for at least some time. And who's to say he even gets his job back if someone else balls out.

The last sentence would be a good problem to have. But I think the thread is "asking" who we think are the starting ILB's and IMO he would qualify for one of the spots regardless of the misdemeanor conviction. But no big deal.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:32 PM, JRnINDY said:

I feel it will be DQ & Sio to start with eventually Irving or Morrison taking over for DQ. I would love to see Sio at Rush/OLB which I believe he played some in college and Raiders.

Sio can play either ILB position or OLB if he is healthy guy can ball out .

On 5/7/2016 at 9:39 PM, BlueCollarColts said:

My guess is the FO is hoping for DQ/Moore at first, but they probably hope Morrison can take over for DQ later this year or next year. 

I'm guessing this as well, with Morrison likely to take over for DQ next year.

On May 6, 2016 at 3:25 PM, COLTS449 said:

What is everyone's opinion on this. Its a big question going into the season. We know baring injury that DQ has one spot locked down. So that leaves a starting position open for Nate Irving, Sio Moore, Antonio Morrison, Junior Sylvester, Josh McNary, and Amarlo Herrera . Unless we bring in another guy after June 1st cuts or make a trade its looking like it will be one of those guys. I think, and this is just my opinion that you can go ahead and scratch out Herrea, McNary, and Sylvester. I'm not a fan of the Morrison pick, but that doesn't keep me from rooting for him. So its in our best interest for him to come in and ball out and be our guy. That's my hope. But I also think Sio Moore could be a very good player given the chance to start 16 games. He's athletic, hard hitting, and can be the sideline-sideline ILB we've been needing IMO. Irving is a big run stuffing thumper who's not reliable in coverage. So what does everyone think???

I agree you can scratch Herrera off now. I don't think he makes the final roster. He just is not a good enough athelte. He's lost outside the box. 

I think Irving starts next to DQ. If DQ is suspended for any time it could get interesting. Morrison is undersized injury prone and slow. That pick sucked. If the FO stays out of personnel decisions he may not make the team let alone start.  

A guy that I think you got wrong scratching his name so quickly is Slyvestre. He could really surprise this year. He can play OLB too but I think he stays inside. Let's not forget he led the Colts in tackles last preseason. He was the star of camp not only making plays but around every play. He is easily the fastest ILB on the team. He ran a sub 4.5 40. He's can do it all but is really good vs the run. He can play sideline to sideline.

I'm concerned about how little of an impact Moore had last year. He was run from Oakland. We will see what happens this year with the new staff. Sio and Jr on the field together would be a  very fast duo 

I think Junior Slyvestre will cease the opportunity that will be there at ILB. If Moore can't figure it out we may see Irving and Slyvestre starting. 

I think D'Qwell could be gone, but there's no advantage in doing it before final cuts (so we get to obtain a little more info on the other possibilities).  Honestly, Irving and Sio have experience and ability.  Sylvester and Morrison should be strong young possibilities, McNary is back as a possible 5th, and I'm not totally down on Herrera.  

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:39 PM, BlueCollarColts said:

My guess is the FO is hoping for DQ/Moore at first, but they probably hope Morrison can take over for DQ later this year or next year. 

I completely agree with you. I think that is the front office plan.