Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rushing totals in 2016?

Lawrence Owen

Rushing totals in 2016?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Lets say the starting o-line looks similar to: A.C.- Mewhort- Kelly - with Good/Reitz/ and-or Clark filling RG and RT. What do you think our totals will be next year for rushing?

• Gore 500+. Team (minus Luck) 800+.
    • Gore 800+. Team (minus Luck) 1K+.
    • Gore 1K+. Team (minus Luck) 1.3k+.
    • Gore 1.3K+. Team (minus Luck) 1.6k+

I think Gore will get back to his normal 1,000 yards at least, but we may also see less running if Luck stays healthy. When Luck was out in 2015, Gore averaged 16.8 carries per game. With Luck in the game, though, those numbers dipped to 15.6 carries per game. While not a significant decrease, this does go on to prove that this is a pass first, and often, offense when we have number 12 under center. Add to that the fact that against the Panthers and Broncos (While Luck was harboring a shoulder injury), Gore had 22 carry and 28 carry games respectively due to the fact that we were trying to keep Andrew as healthy as possible. Yes, the help at O-line will give Gore much more running room, but the decrease in carries will counteract that majorly. We will see what happens at the end of the year, but at the time I can't see Gore under 1000 yards or over 1200 yards.

4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I think Gore will get back to his normal 1,000 yards at least, but we may also see less running if Luck stays healthy. When Luck was out in 2015, Gore averaged 16.8 carries per game. With Luck in the game, though, those numbers dipped to 15.6 carries per game. While not a significant decrease, this does go on to prove that this is a pass first, and often, offense when we have number 12 under center. Add to that the fact that against the Panthers and Broncos (While Luck was harboring a shoulder injury), Gore had 22 carry and 28 carry games respectively due to the fact that we were trying to keep Andrew as healthy as possible. Yes, the help at O-line will give Gore much more running room, but the decrease in carries will counteract that majorly. We will see what happens at the end of the year, but at the time I can't see Gore under 1000 yards or over 1200 yards.

Your not taking into consideration the diffrence in OC. It was chuds first game with Denver and chuds only game with luck. Pep always abandoned the run way too soon and I beleive running the ball more had less to do with an injury and more to do with balance

I think the yardage comes from a couple of RBs and maybe a third? Gore will be the starter but he will not have as many carries this season due to age and snap count. I would think the pass blocking will be the first thing the O-line will work on with run blocking gradually getting better throughout the season as they get used to playing together.

I think putting Good as the starter at RG would short up the RG guard position. With his size and strength, He almost never gave ground when big guys tried to bull rush him.  I believe he could be a pro bowl type guard.  He shown to have quick feet and agility for his size so he would be useful in Chuds run game when guards are pulled. He biggest downfall was against speed rushers on the edge. He did ok at it, but he would not have to worry about that nearly as much being a Guard. That would leave the RT position up for grabs with Rietz and Clark. Rietz has shown competence at the position, but not a 'mover' in the run game by any stretch. I hope Clark is a strong learner and can take over the position sooner than later, and we can put Rietz back into the back-up role he is needed at.  He's just too valuable as a plug in play guy at 4 positions on the line.