Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everett Golson lands tryout with Colts

zibby43

6 hours ago, cbear said:

Jeff George....I think he still threw the prettiest passes I've ever seen.

yes, indeed he did.  I just wish he had his head screwed on straight.  I just saw him the other day at Warren Central (baseball field).  he still supports the warriors every chance he gets.

16 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Golson is a horrible QB.  He cracks under pressure, he coughs up the ball like he's allergic to it, he makes poor decisions, his accuracy less than 15 yards is horrible and it's even worse greater than 15 yards.

So yeah, let's hope the Colts sign him. :rolleyes:

Yeah, this throw to win the game wasn't "under pressure," it wasn't accurate, and it wasn't greater than 15 yards . . .

Some of the stuff I read on here makes me wonder how many members actually played/understand football. 

I can post more tape, you know, tape, the thing that the Colts watched in determining whether or not to offer Golson a spot.  And for those that choose to watch the tape, they can determine for themselves who actually knows what they're talking about (hint: it's not you).

Better go have some more coffee and try again.

8 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Yeah, this throw to win the game wasn't "under pressure," it wasn't accurate, and it wasn't greater than 15 yards . . .

Some of the stuff I read on here makes me wonder how many members actually played/understand football. 

I can post more tape, you know, tape, the thing that the Colts watched in determining whether or not to offer Golson a spot.  And for those that choose to watch the tape, they can determine for themselves who actually knows what they're talking about (hint: it's not you).

Better go have some more coffee and try again.

Hilarious, I got the I don't understand football, I don't know what I'm talking about and the have more coffee response... all in the same post.  Sorry Golson, I didn't know it was you posting.

The Colts didn't offer him a spot, they brought him in because they needed a someone to throw and hand-off the ball during Rookie mini-camp.  They brought in two other QBs as well, Blake Frohnapfel of UMass and Ammon Olsen of Southern Utah.  

Post all the tape you want, you know the same tape all the teams including the Colts watched and decided NOT to invite him to the combine and NOT to draft him or sign him as an UDFA.  

38 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Often times to the wrong team

There are always a few QBs like that, they have all the tools they just can't put it all together when the bodies are flying around them for real.  Jeff George was one of those... he could make every throw, he had a true cannon for an arm but also had accuracy and touch, he just couldn't do it when the defenders were coming at him. 

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

There are always a few QBs like that, they have all the tools they just can't put it all together when the bodies are flying around them for real.  Jeff George was one of those... he could make every throw, he had a true cannon for an arm but also had accuracy and touch, he just couldn't do it when the defenders were coming at him. 

He liked to throw his teammates under the bus as well.    Very little in the way of leadership.   Great talent,  not much heart

7 minutes ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

I just don't see him being accurate enough to be an NFL caliber QB. Is he fast enough to play another position? 

not according to his 40 time

the best i have seen recorded is 4.7.

way too slow for a 5-11 WR or CB

• 1 month later...
On May 10, 2016 at 0:54 PM, jvan1973 said:

He liked to throw his teammates under the bus as well.    Very little in the way of leadership.   Great talent,  not much heart

Yeah from what I recall wasn't he kind of a $$$ and a basket case throughout his entire career, literally???

On May 6, 2016 at 6:04 AM, BOTT said:

He was special.....in a very non special way.

I can't lie. I did laugh at your post BOTT. I don't watch a lot of Norte Dame games TBH. 

Faint praise presented in a unique way; always makes me chuckle. 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:54 PM, jvan1973 said:

In somewhat of a defense Jeff George looked at the roof on the RCA dome of his back a heck of a lot more than downfield.

36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In somewhat of a defense Jeff George looked at the roof on the RCA dome of his back a heck of a lot more than downfield.

Yeah, I remember all the media hoopla over Jeff George's arm CC1 & yes, he did spent a lot of time on his back. 

That's why NFL Combine measurables never impress me or they aren't the only thing I look at. Drills in pajamas don't mean much in total isolation.

19 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, I remember all the media hoopla over Jeff George's arm CC1 & yes, he did spent a lot of time on his back. 

That's why NFL Combine measurables never impress me or they aren't the only thing I look at. Drills in pajamas don't mean much in total isolation.

He might have been one of the most talented QBs in history that didn't reach his potential that I can think of. He did find some success with the Vikings just to loss to Kurt Warner and the Rams in a divisional playoff after beating the Cowboys it the wild card game. I kind of thought it was a raw deal for him to lose his starting job to rookie Culpepper but karma does happen at times.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

He might have been one of the most talented QBs in history that didn't reach his potential that I can think of. He did find some success with the Vikings just to loss to Kurt Warner and the Rams in a divisional playoff after beating the Cowboys it the wild card game. I kind of thought it was a raw deal for him to lose his starting job to rookie Culpepper but karma does happen at times.

True, Jeff George did have some decent NFL moments in his career. He seemed like a well adjusted guy unlike say Ryan Leaf for instance. 

Culpepper now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile. Man, he was supposed to be Miami's savior & he just fizzled out. Very strange. How soon he became irrelevant once he was no longer the Vikings QB. 

I liked Daunte too. He seemed like a cool dude. I always liked that name too because his nickname could have been Daunte's Inferno.