Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree to terms with Ryan Kelly

BlueShoe

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You are funny.  Nothing in that was insulting but I will keep in mind next time that you are so easily offended so I will make sure I tone it down for you.

If you disagreed, then all you had to do was say so. Nothing wrong with saying, hey I disagree, and here is why. However, that is not your go-to move, these days. Your move is to throw insults at people. You have a recent history of putting people down when you disagree with them. I have a history of spending an entire night making people with hot tempers very upset. We could easily become fire and wind mixed, and that would not be much fun for the other members of the board. 

What happens if I throw insults back? Anything good? Nope. We have both been on these boards for several years, and we both know how this works. Funny thing is, you and I have only had a few heated debates with each other. That is actually not too bad, especially over the stretch of 15 years or so. 

I know you from the old days. I remember when you changed your name to coffeedrinker from tsabinas. You used to add a lot of good insight to the boards. If memory serves me correctly, I think you used to work with Dano, on the old Colts News site. It was an abrasive group back then, but you were different. Easier to talk to. One thing I could always count on from you was originality. Right or wrong, you had your own opinion. I like that about you. 

I am not sure what soured you. Maybe the other fans attitude over the years took its toll on you. It was certainly a rough time on Colts boards in the late 90's and early 2000's. It was chaos and everyone was fighting all of the time. That Indy Star board was barely even monitored.

You call me "easy to offend" (another insult); well I call it just not wanting to go down that rabbit hole with you. I call it tired of going down those rabbit holes. Why should we ever want to? We are getting too old to pull down our pants and measure. When can respectfully disagree. I have come to the conclusion that from here on out if someone gets rude, then I am just done with the conversation. There is nothing to win or lose here, and it is just not worth my time. 

Seems like a lot of guys haggle over language in the contract that could void the contract etc. Kelly seems to be a pretty straight shooter and likely doesn't believe he will have issues with drugs, violence, etc so he probably was willing to sign his contract pretty much as is as opposed to trying to protect himself from some of that language. Also I believe the staff wants to get these rookies in early as possible and working together because some could start right away and some need a lot of work. Get these kids in the facilities working out...getting stronger and hopefully building some cohesion that will help that OL.

15 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

If you disagreed, then all you had to do was say so. Nothing wrong with saying, hey I disagree, and here is why. However, that is not your go-to move, these days. Your move is to throw insults at people. You have a recent history of putting people down when you disagree with them. I have a history of spending an entire night making people with hot tempers very upset. We could easily become fire and wind mixed, and that would not be much fun for the other members of the board. 

What happens if I throw insults back? Anything good? Nope. We have both been on these boards for several years, and we both know how this works. Funny thing is, you and I have only had a few heated debates with each other. That is actually not too bad, especially over the stretch of 15 years or so. 

I know you from the old days. I remember when you changed your name to coffeedrinker from tsabinas. You used to add a lot of good insight to the boards. If memory serves me correctly, I think you used to work with Dano, on the old Colts News site. It was an abrasive group back then, but you were different. Easier to talk to. One thing I could always count on from you was originality. Right or wrong, you had your own opinion. I like that about you. 

I am not sure what soured you. Maybe the other fans attitude over the years took its toll on you. It was certainly a rough time on Colts boards in the late 90's and early 2000's. It was chaos and everyone was fighting all of the time. That Indy Star board was barely even monitored.

You call me "easy to offend" (another insult); well I call it just not wanting to go down that rabbit hole with you. I call it tired of going down those rabbit holes. Why should we ever want to? We are getting too old to pull down our pants and measure. When can respectfully disagree. I have come to the conclusion that from here on out if someone gets rude, then I am just done with the conversation. There is nothing to win or lose here, and it is just not worth my time. 

I remember you a long time as well and you should know that I have always called things I think baloney...baloney.  I have never held back from telling any poster, even the posters I respect (which you are one of them) when I think their post is based on less than logical assumptions.  And indicating that Kelly signing a early was going to make him a better football player in the long run is based on less than logical assumptions.

28 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I remember you a long time as well and you should know that I have always called things I think baloney...baloney.  I have never held back from telling any poster, even the posters I respect (which you are one of them) when I think their post is based on less than logical assumptions.  And indicating that Kelly signing a early was going to make him a better football player in the long run is based on less than logical assumptions.

Fair enough. :)

15 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

And indicating that Kelly signing a early was going to make him a better football player in the long run is based on less than logical assumptions.

This is the part I disagree with you on. I think Pagano does too. Watch his latest press conference about how he feels about it.

It is important to get the deal done early so these young players can just focus on football.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:46 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

You are funny.  Nothing in that was insulting but I will keep in mind next time that you are so easily offended so I will make sure I tone it down for you.

You were pretty insulting.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:50 AM, LJpalmbeacher said:

I don't know about working together yet But I bet Luck already has him reading one of his favourite books. 

I seen where Kelly's locker is right next to Lucks. I guess that's not unusual?

On 5/5/2016 at 4:29 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Why would you think it was a bad thing? There is a rookie salary cap so the money is pretty cut and dried. The only thing to haggle is the signing bonus and the structure of any performance clauses. Having him go to work as soon as possible is better IMO. More time and reps is not a bad thing.

No offense, but either you misread my quote or misunderstood.  I meant I don't see how it would be a bad thing.  Perhaps I didn't clarify myself too well.  Sorry for the confusion.

5 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

No offense, but either you misread my quote or misunderstood.  I meant I don't see how it would be a bad thing.  Perhaps I didn't clarify myself too well.  Sorry for the confusion.

No offense taken as I did misread your comment. It was my mistake. Sorry for my confusion.

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

No offense taken as I did misread your comment. It was my mistake. Sorry for my confusion.

I had to like your post, because either you were being sarcastic (and that would be funny) or you really meant it, (and that would be refreshing).