Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Earl Okine

Traines

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO:

aside from Mathis, our biggest pass rush comes from our strongest defensive group; the line. All of our d-linemen are not just run stoppers, but are hand picked for their ability to get penetration.Jones, Langford, Anderson, Parry, and now Ridgeway.  That is 5 potential starters, with 3 positions.  Rotation is better than ANY past Indy team.

For Okine to have success, (or even make the team) he needed to switch positions. I say we give the guy a shot, see what he can do, Preseason is longer this year for us so he'll have a few shots to impress.

On 5/5/2016 at 11:33 PM, BlueShoe said:

That would be a big OLB. I can't see him playing Rush, but SAM is not too far of a stretch. He probably needs to drop about 20 pounds to be agile enough though.

Maybe we will have a new HULK Defense. Roll out our front seven, all 290 plus. :)

Just kidding. But if they do that then I want naming rights. LOL

lol...well keep a guy that like 6'2" -ish and 240lbs-ish at the cover LB'er spot for TE's,..but yeah..that would be a big front 7...but look at #92 on Pitt.....Harrison's always been a solid guy, OLB and 275-285lbs his entire career.

4 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

lol...well keep a guy that like 6'2" -ish and 240lbs-ish at the cover LB'er spot for TE's,..but yeah..that would be a big front 7...but look at #92 on Pitt.....Harrison's always been a solid guy, OLB and 275-285lbs his entire career.

Very true. Harrison can move for a bigger dude. 

With all of the special packages teams are rolling out; I would not be surprised if a team implemented a HULK defense for 3rd and short. 

They are trying to find a way to keep from cutting Okine.   I believe he'll be really good at the SAM backer spot.  Okine knows how to set an edge and use his length for leverage. I've always noted that as one of the good things about his game. I think it will work out for him at that spot to be honest.

I'm really not expecting much out of Okine this season. The Colts are going to have to pray that Mathis and Cole can get the job done with Walden coming in on certain situations.

I'm praying that Grigson makes a trade for a proven pass rusher. I think if we can land someone before the season, that this defense will have the potential to be a top 10-15 defense.